Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(PRP TH) - Treasure Hunt!

Page 3 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

1 success

Before the door has even closed behind Crypto, Corn reached over and grabbed the sneaky mage's cup with a smirk. " What an amateur...
    Belle , I think this can provide ... a connection.
    " he said and pointed towards the place where Crypto's lips have left a mark on the cup. Carefully, he pulled a small plastic bag from his laptop bag and emptied the hankerchiefs it had. Then, he sneaked the cup in there so they would have some sympathetic connection to Crypto.
    Crypto's sample secured Corn said "I have the laptop on and I am logged to the wifi, I could google the location really quick to see if anything comes up. But Madison's words, that the information has leaked rings some bells, if you get my meaning. Call it a certain gut feeling that is very rarely wrong. It doesn't seem that we're the only ones with the information, whether he sold it to others or someone else stumbled on the info.

Madison, your idea about the 'other' residents is good too. But if they're not friendly... well, we will deal with it when the time is right, but just so you know, my prowess in dealing with the other residents is extremely limited."

Since the others seem ready to jump on the goods before someone else does, a sentiment he shares, Corn looks at his colleagues to ensure they agree to get going and calls the waitress to pay for their coffees. He wipes clean his cup. He is not an amateur like Crypto. Actually, he is, but he doesn't want the others to know it. Sure, he could have used life and matter to erase sympathetic connections (and probably leave magic connections and resonance) but that would cost him mana, and he wasn't going to go that far so that the others won't call him amateur.

On the way, when they had some privacy, he let the magic boost to his stealth drop, concentrated and with a few quick motions he increased his body's muscle memory of running, jumping and the like.

4 successes

Gain skill as a rote, to increase athletics by 2. No more +1 to stealth
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes Ruach, Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

The Awakened took their cars over to the address provided by Crypto. It didn't take long and they found themselves in a neighbourhood just as Belle had described: well off, a few big (and eccentric) houses built upon large properties. Almost all of the lots were fenced in either by tall cast-iron fences or thick hedges. Most of the houses had a light on somewhere and there were a few people outside, enjoying the mild evening.

They almost drove by it, until they double checked the piece of paper. The house was no less grand than the others, but there was something to it that made the Mystagogues' eyes wander right past it if they weren't consciously and carefully looking for it. Looking at it more closely with their Mage Sight revealed some large, intricate set of runes applied to several places around the property and on the house. Their crimson-brown color washed out, the lines and circles eroded by time.
    The house was built in a Victorian style, elaborate decorations and the faded beige color basically confirming that the owner was at least somewhat romantically inclined. From the streets they could just make out parts of a garden, kept in a unorderly English style and long overgrown and mostly dead by now.
    Just behind the closed iron entrance gate a sign was attached: 'For Sale. - Call XXXXX'. Its bright colors made it seem scarring and new next to the atmosphere of timelessness of the property.

If they were looking for a lover's Artifact and the estate of a dead Mage - this seemed to be it. Now the adventuring Awakened just had to find it.. and bring it back home.

I was assuming that you wanted to go straight there - if Corn wanted to use the Wifi before leaving, he can add that to the post. If anyone else did actually want to go somewhere else to do something let me know and we'll handle it.
    This counts as the same scene as before, so your spells are still active.

4. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Sympathetic Spell: Scrying; WP to Scry)Mana 1 Willpower Spent
    OCC
    PRE

Before they leave, Belle takes advantage of the wifi to turn to one of the more useful inventions of the 21st century: Google Maps. She types in the address and make sure she has a picture of the street view before heading out. "I'll meet you guys there. If we can, let's try and park together out of sight." If absolute worse comes to absolute worse, I can port us out. Just have to avoid any nasty Paradoxes.

She gets in her car and drives over. Upon parking, and making sure there were no prying eyes around, she sets the phone against its window-stand and calls upon her own formidable will to scope out the place before the Mages arrive.

2 successes

Nice! Belle takes mental note of her findings, then shuts down the Scrying spell. Exiting the vehicle, she joins Corn and Aurora as they approach the house. Her Supernal Vision catches the sight of decaying magical defenses. She wonders if it the place has some kind of Occultation barrier to keep the wary out. If so, we're looking at a possible abandoned Sanctum.

"So, what do you think? Front door? Or do we go sneaky?"
    She checks the property for possible alternate entrances or exits. The better for them to escape on foot.

1 success
    Artifact

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

(Improvised Spell)Mana 1 Spent
    FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman watches with amusement as Corn pockets the cup. “Or that is what he is hoping for.” She couldn’t help but see the other side.

A sigh, “There is always that chance, not all of them enjoy talking. But, it’s a risk I am willing to take on myself to gather us more information should we need.” Then a shake of her head, “No worries, I got this.” She wasn’t a Master of Spirit, but she had some tricks up her sleeve. She just had to not piss them off.

Wiping her cup as well, and once the others were ready, she follows them over.

Seemed someone didn’t want people looking at or for the house. Not a bad thing, could provide some cover. Maybe. Depending how they played it.

Now Spirit wasn’t something she used often, not after almost getting her friends hurt. But she tries it, opening her eyes to the shadow realm.

2 successes

Walking up to stand besides Belle, “I say we play it less sneaky, lets go in the front. But the guy did mention a garden, so that might be a place to start. The less we try to draw attention, the better I think.” Look like you were supposed to be there, and not many second guessed. “If we had to go full on sneak, I could tweak a few things on you guys and we could go that route.” But that was worst case scenario and vulgar as fuck.

'With Spirit 3, glimpsing across the Gauntlet can be performed as a reflexive action, requiring no concentration.'

8. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"I agree with Madison. This place is made to not draw attention. I will keep a look out for any traps, dogs etc ... of the normal kind. At this time, I can't look for other kinds of alarm, the ones this place may have."

Corn will keep an eye out for things out of the ordinary but he doesn't have supernal vision, danger sense etc. Also, this is for my post, I don't have anything else to add.

10. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

PRE

Perception check
    3 successes

Geared towards mundane stuff but has sibyl sight and dark matter on - however he's not scrutinizing anything.

12. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post

Belle shattered the Illusion of Space with her Awakened mind, adventurous determination willing the spell into existence and opening a window to look onto the property from a bird's eye view - not unlike the satellite photo she found online. And just like that picture there was no big X that marked the spot or a rival Mage kind enough to wave for the camera. But it also confirmed no obvious traps or other signs of disturbance. Behind the house was a garden roughly half the size of a football field. It was mostly overgrown with wild flowers and high grass, both withered by the Sacramento summer. A few fruit trees and a big willow tree were scattered around and an overgrown path of stone slabs led from a backdoor to a equally quaint looking gazebo.

While it wasn't used often, Spirit came naturally to Aurora and so a crude yellow rune appeared and granted her the ability to look beyond the Gauntlet. In the moment the spell took effect she even caught her first glimpse of the location: it was as if the property around the house stretched in every direction, as if this house and the land around was the only thing in the world. The decay that took hold of everything was not a destructive force, it held a melancholy and a longing. Every bit of paint that got bleached by the sun or flaked off by wind and rain was a badge of time spent well in this house, every blade of dried grass held testament to the joy this garden brought. Her first glance didn't reveal any Spirits in the vicinity, so the solemn impression was even more pronounced.

Corn meanwhile relied on his experience gathered over many apartments he'd viewed together with his fiancee: the owner of the property seemed to fully rely on Supernal means to keep the house safe. As far as the Moros could tell there were no mundane traps, cameras or anything else a careful Sleeper might use to keep their home safe. Sure, the neighbours did deploy things like that, but just as everybody else seemed to unconsciously avoid the property, there didn't appear anything to be directed at this particular plot of land. With the Mystagogues near the house they too seemed to become less interesting for potential dogwalkers or passery-by. Less interesting, yet not totally invisible.

A quick glance of the Warlock showed no other entrances or easy access points over the fence - the locked iron gate was the only way to enter as far as she could tell.

Aurora I think it's easier for all of us if you just announce what you want to look at with your sight, then I can give specific information.
    Everyone, if you want to get access to the property (by climbing the fence, picking the lock or more.. exotic means) I'll also need a Dex + Stealth roll to do so unseen or in an opportune moment. Alternatively Pre/Man + Subterfuge could be rolled to act as if you had a key or belonged there (climbing can not be covered up by this). Both rolls get +2 dice.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle makes sure they're out of earshot of the few people outside, and relays her scrying findings to Corn and Aurora. "No obvious traps or dogs; just a big-ass garden with lots of tall grass, some trees, and a gazebo." ​Guess we should watch out for Sentrets. "Lots of hiding places for dear old Roxie."

She nods to Aurora as she suggests the subtle approach, or at least the less illegal-looking one. Nothing bummed out an expedition more than the mundy cops showing up. She gives Corn a nod; there was of course the possibility that her Scrying had failed to pick up more subtle or hidden details of their destination.

failure

"Wow! Finally here, can't wait to see what the new place looks like."
    ​Belle looks to Aurora and Corn to carry the deception. Belle was an anomaly among Mastigos in that she wasn't that fond of or good at lying if pressed. But one the party presses on, she will follow them.
    Artifact

16. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a nod to Corn, sounded like they had a plan. Or sorts. Hell, it was something.

What she was a surprise. She didn’t use Spirit often, but when she did, she expected to see, well, Spirits. But to not? It was…odd. Maybe she just didn’t see them or focus enough? Either way, the state of the house was noted. What was the longing for? Did it have to do with the choker and what it stood for? Or something else?

A nod to Belle, “I hear the garden is the crown jewel of the property. Imagine it coming to life in the spring! We simply must have coffee or tea in there sometime.” She gushes. But she was off her game for some reason.

failure

So sorry about that. I've added a note to my ever growing mage notes

18. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

PRE

Why the two of them sound like they are interlopers trying to convince people they belong here? Corn thought to himself confused. Few seemed to care about their doings, after all that was not anyone's house nor it was in any sleeper's priorities so the over-the-top performances of his allies wouldn't draw attention. Well, Aurora 's looks would but he was plain enough.

He fishes a key out of his pocket with a nice visible key chain and brings it to the key. Thankfully about half the key could go in the keyhole before blocked.
    And then, his magic did the rest.

Gnosis + Matter to improvised casting of Loosen the threads . Per the ST, there are no penalties for security
    5 successes

Knowing the mages could feel what he did, as the lock unlocked Corn whispered with a frown. "That barely found any resistance, natural or not. I would have as much hardship opening the lock of a cheap hotel room. Whatever protections this place had against such intrusion, are long gone."
    Taking a breath, making sure the others are a bit away in case something happened, Corn pushed the now unlocked gate open and stepped in the garden.

If nothing happens and the others get in with him, he would ask whether to re-lock the gate behind them - or weld it shut to delay others. He would also pull out his gun.

20. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
Page 3 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread