Ended
Watch

(Those Cast Aside) Tenure and Extension

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 20, 2021 : Hedge Patrol II
Reflections of the Past
Dec 11, 2021 - Dec 19, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Cassandra joined him and Gerrit relaxed the tiniest bit. The Artist could be diplomatic and she hadn't forgotten all about empathy either. Whatever history the other Lost in the room shared, Gerrit didn't know about that and therefore he didn't see Oliver and the Wizened as enemies per se.

He followed the Dread Lord's lead and shifted a bit to get the guests' attention before speaking. "I'm Gerrit. A friend of mine and I carried you out of there before the Bloodsuckle could get to you." Bloodshot eyes found the phone Lady. "What's your name?" He didn't want to talk too much - it was probably best to have one person do most of the talking for now, but maybe introductions would go a long way in making them more willing to cooperate. He also tried to get a read of her - did she hold a grudge for the Sacramento Lost? How was her relationship with Oliver?

1 success

Equipment: Wallet with some money.

2. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

There is some strange mental gymnastics going on between Oliver and the Phone Lady clearly showing on their faces, but whether it's because of, or in spite of Rhodes' obviously strong Mantle, his easy charm, or his Courtier's - Anatole's - words, the tension, and indignation bleeding from Oliver seems to settle, twitching, folded pink piggy ears flopping as he nods. "Only in deference to the Leaden Mirror! The Dread Lady is the only Queen I serve!" he huffs out, voice squealing at times. "I am Oliver, sworn to my Lady and I demand - Demand you tell me why you've hurt me so and stolen me from my bed!"

The Phone Lady on the other hand grunts, seeming to settle, but not in the same way Oliver does, she seems more at ease here then within the Great Spider Bazar where Anatole had met her, but Gerrit can see rage and hatred carved into her face and dripping from every pore. She isn't make any attempt to hide it.

"Dwarf. Anatole. Good. It must be nice. To have one. I cannot. Remember. Mine." through gritted teeth, "I am addressed. As. Extension 3-16."

Oliver

Phone Lady

Titania if you want to ponder please roll Int+Occult

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She pouts, her brows furrowed in a pensive expression.

failure
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Every time Anatole speaks, it seems to aggravate them. And it was Anatole's fault that Oliver got hurt in the first place. They were just going to kidnap him and get... she's not going to refer to the Wizened Phone as an extension. That's dehumanizing.

The Polychromatic shimmers in prismatic shades, hues of purples, pinks, and blues more prevalent. Her emerald eyes are soft as she studies them. "My name is Cassandra. It was part of a misunderstanding, Oliver. We found you were being manipulated by your lady and we wanted to help you. I helped to patch you up just before we got out." At least if she uses his verbiage, it might keep him from feeling too threatened. She pauses, and tries to make herself more relaxed. Tenseness wouldn't help the situation. She tries to persuade less with words and more with her presence. Things will be fine, we just want to talk.

Of course, it doesn't help that when you think about it, Oliver tried to damn them to the weeds outside... But she had failed at making him see before, making him aware of how scared he was of Anne, but she wonders if he might see she's genuine now. There is a sweet warmth through frozen breeze that comes from her, but amongst the strong mantle of Rhodes, hers is practically nothing. The dread and cool breeze completely take over. ...it feels wrong not being the Fairest in charge of the room, given her part in the actual Patrol. And why is Titania here in the first place? No, stop it.

Persuading Oliver she's being genuine and wants to help - 6 Successes

She addresses Extension then, "Do you want to be referred to that way? I don't want to dehumanize you with that if not. Could come up with a nickname. Like Sion?" Sion would at least be something, maybe a way to make a connection. She'll admit, now that it's come out, it's all her brain is making as a connection with her now. She hopes it wouldn't come out as insensitive.

7. Likes Aeolus, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Bump Xadun "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The smile Rhodes wore became ever so slightly icy for a moment before returning to his previous charm.

"Well... Oliver... your loyalty is certainly commendable. And while Anne may keep a hold of the title she held in San Fransisco, within this city I am the Dread Lord of the Autumn Court. I do not respond well to demands... however, in the interests of cooperation I will tell you that you are here because of Ann. She - and faithful people like you - have been stealing and enslaving mortals from our city. They have seeded poisons through the Skein in our city, and as such we have seen fit to respond to these threats." He pauses, sipping his coffee. "You, as someone in the employ of Anne, represent a potential resource against someone attacking us. One of our number has Now. Since I have been so gracious as to answer your question, perhaps you will answer one of mine. Why were you left to guard the hollow my associates found? What was it for?"

He looked from Oliver to 3-16. A long-fingered hand gestured to Cassandra as she tries to bring a less artificial name to 3-16's nature. "It is up to you, of course. Seizing the name you have and reclaiming it is a traditional past-time. Though I am curious what brought you to be so far transformed. Not one of Anne's experiments, I hope." His large green eyes are resting on 3-16, watching.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

9. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole grimaced and the fingers on his free hand curled into a fist when Oliver barked his response. The wizened dwarf's effusive curls bristled and puffed. His eyes studiously remained fixed on Extension 3-16.

"Now thats just shit, say I."

Anatole didn't get chance to elaborate further before Cassandra spoke up and Rhodes outlined the position. He sighed and slowly uncurled his fist, laying it flat on the table.

11. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Emotions were running high and Gerrit wondered if there was a possibility of another fight breaking out. He wasn't there when it happened, but with how severely Anatole has wounded Oliver he wasn't really sure how well the Dwarf could handle his temper. But at least they won't put up that much of a fight.

He listened to Extension 3-16 - Cassandra was right. That was dehumanizing.. but maybe the Wizened was already so far gone that she didn't care about that. Maybe she has adopted and embraced her new identity? He'd wait for her answer before addressing her again. Besides, with how well Cassandra and Rhodes were doing the 'good Fairest - bad Fairest' thing he didn't really feel like he had anything to add right now. He would stay in his corner, watching Oliver for any signs of untruth or other tells.

3 successes

Equipment: Wallet with some money.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

0 Scenes

Titania pouts, her mental strength had failed her, perhaps because of the conversation happening in front of her.

Cassandra speaks, clearly spearing through the heart of the issue, her words clear and ringing. Gerrit can see the conflict, the denial and the doubt waging a silent war across the other Ogre's face. "No," he says, but the voice lacks conviction, "No, that cannot be true. No." he shakes his head, his piggish ears flop against his head. "I don't - I cannot believe you." beady eyes roam the room, "Why, why did I need to be 'patched up?" he asks, before snapping to Rhodes, "If-if she did, then it was for a good....a good reason." he nods, and Gerrit knows that it isn't that he's believing it, but that he wants to, needs to believe it.

"No. I do. Not." 3-16 growls out in her strangely electronic voice, sounding less like someone in front of them, and more like someone on the other side of a call. "She purchased me. And. My. siblings. At a. Flesh. Market. Even without me. She still has. 1-16 and 2-16. Too keep. The lines. Of communication. Open." she admits, a strange smile on her face, "We. Cost her. A. Pretty penny." Bringing her attention to Anatole, "I was attempting to escape. When we met. Anatole. When that. Came to light. After I was used to. Connect to 2-16 in the Spider Bazaar. I was punished and used. As an. Answering machine." she reveals without much preamble.

Oliver

15. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus, Xadun liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

This unwavering stubbornness would be admirable under the right circumstances.
    The Fairest bides her time, perhaps with a little bit of assistance from the Wyrd, she might turn those two to their cause.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Oliver," she says his name again, as if in a way to try and keep him from feeling attacked. He is a person and he'll be treated like one. To a degree, there is almost a good cop, bad cop nature to the way she and Rhodes are talking with their guests, which may be something that works. She can be the person that shows empathy to the nth degree while he shows that rigid charm. "There was an accident and a fight, misunderstandings after the oath we made for hospitality was broken. We then had to fight back the bloodsuckle while we escaped."

"Anne had her tied up and set with an IV just to deliver a message to us and she told us she was happy we would do away with you. Which is the exact opposite of what we want. She abandoned you and left you to die, Oliver, and we weren't going to let that happen." Heck, she wondered if Sion still had the message... would that be too much to ask?

"Well, what would you like to be referred to as?" She asks Sion before listening closely to what she has to say. Spider Bazaar? That's when they went to the goblin market, right? Anatole saw her there. It must be horrible not having a name. Must feel like when one first gets out completely having lost their identity, only worse because you don't even remember it. "And Anne had you deliver a message to us too."

Persuade Oliver - 2 Successes

18. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread