Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn focused on the table of men. Hoping they were regulars. Regulars knew a lot, and if you drank and talked with them long enough, usually gave pretty damn good intel. Or it could be a complete fucking waste of your time. That's the rub with canvasing leads. She chose the larger table of men rather than the couples as less likely to cause conflict, after all, Quinn was a beautiful woman and kine were just as territorial as Kindred about what was theirs. Especially if sex was at all involved.

She opened a tab, and ordered a gin an tonic with a twist of lime. Getting in a few smiles and some eye contact with the bartender. You had to work bartenders slowly, in Quinn's experience. If you came on to strong at first they see right though you. They dealt with people night after night. They knew how to read people. A slow burn was the way to go with that one.

Approaching the larger table Quinn put on her best smile, and headed over. Words were the weapons tonight...and she needed to go all in.

Will be using same socialize tactics! Weeee.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC decides to start trying to talk up the woman with purple earrings.

"That's some stunning jewelry," he compliments her. There was a slight hope maybe this could connect to their other location lead.

"Hi, I'm JC, can I get you drink?"

3 successes
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Jennifer Hazelton

Deep, caramel-colored eyes look JC over. They check behind him, noting Quinn’s presence. The lady's eyes meet JC’s own gaze calmly.
    “Evening.” She greets with no accent.
    "Sure thing. I'm drinking Old Fashions." She confers a look with the women to her left, who smile politely at JC and rise, departing towards the ladies room.

"What are you drinking? I haven't seen you in here before." She looks him over, seeming to study his shoes for a moment. "I'm Lottie."

Quinn gets a look by two of the men facing her direction at the table. The first has sandy blonde hair, and is very fit. He has average looks. He wears a dark blue button up shirt and dockers, dark brown leather shoes. The second is Asian, tall and lean, with dark hair in a no nonsense sensible style. He dresses in expensive fitted suit jacket and a periwinkle button down shirt. The men sitting near to Quinn whose seat positions have their backs to her are alike in looks - strong shoulders and narrow waists. Similiarly light brown skin and glossy black hair, worn slightly longer. Cleanshaven. The one on the right wears a deep forest green shirt while the one on the right wears a deep rich eggplant dress shirt with dark pants.

"Evening." The Sandy blonde nods to her. The man in the dress jacket smiles at Quinn. "Good evening. I'm Dal Tan. How are you doing tonight?"

4. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn approached the table with some confidence after the warm welcome from blondie, though he didn't give his name. Possibly just here to hang with the guys. That worked for Quinn though. She wasn't looking to pick them up after all. Now the other, gave his name. Which meant he wanted to connect, or at least was a bit more interested and put his name out first to be more polite. She addressed him. Rewarding his cordial greeting with a beautiful smile.

"Good evening," She nodded back to Blondie, and to Dal Tan she extended one of her dainty hands. "I'm Quinn." She began, slightly elevating her voice enough to be heard over the music in Rapture. "I'm celebrating a promotion at work tonight. Can I buy you gentlemen a round to get us started?" Quinn was a lady of means, and she thought it was a good move to buy them a round to start. After all, it showed she wasn't some slut looking for a good time on a guys dime. It would either be appreciated or they could be intimidated.

3 successes

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Her accent sounded generically American. Midwestern? It was hard to place.

"Good to meet you Lottie. I'll be drinking a Manhattan," he, partly answering her, and partly to the bartender to get both drinks. It wasn't his preferred cocktail but it matched her whiskey while still being different.

"This is my first time here. A friend, Angela, recommended it," he said, looking out over the crowd, even though he knew he wouldn't find the torpored vampire there. "You seem to be a regular though, Lottie," by her own admission "What can you tell me about it?"

The drinks came and he held his up in a slight toast.
    3 successes

7. Likes pisces liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Quinn buys the gentlemen the first round. After a few minutes, Quinn has gathered that Dal and Rick (the sandy blonde) are single and availiable. Seige (Green shirt) and Esteban (eggplant shirt) are married and here for drinks with the guys. Dal works in finance and Rick works in public works. The other two don't mention their careers. The group have the sense of friends who have been friends for a few years, easy conversation back and forth and gentle ribbing. Nothing rude and there is no sense of tension between them. Dal appears interested in Quinn. Rick also asks a few personal questions - what does she do for a living? Does she live nearby? The gentlemen take care of the next two rounds.

2 successes

Lottie smiles and speaks conversationally. She appears confident and answers questions posed, yet seems careful not to reveal too much information.
    "I am not sure I would say regular. I have been here a couple of times. Those gentlemen seem to be here near every time that I am... I think Rapture has a nice feel to it. You can come to have a good time, no expectations. Your friend Angela - is she the one talking with Dal and the guys?"
    JC gets the sense that he is making headway in socializing with Lottie. He has a strange feeling when she refers to Quinn as Angela. Is there a misdirection?
    1 success

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn listened to their jobs and their questions, offering a little information back, but carefully. "I am a consultant. So I work on different projects independently. It's rewarding work, and I finally have enough clients to give myself a little raise." She gave the impression that 'little raise' was a large one and she was being modest.

"Do you guys come here a lot? You know I was looking for someone I met who said she had something for me, her name is Angela? Have you guys heard of her or seen her around?" She asked innocently, watching their expressions as she said the name Angela. Looking for recognition or avoidance.

Quinn honed in on the most receptive one, Dal Tan. If it was a fist she would unclench it, if it was a muscle she would flex it, inside she felt herself open to Dal's mind seeking to hear his thoughts real time. Her gaze, she knew, would look almost intimate as her focus honed in on him. Like the most natural thing in the world. Her interest returning.....or so he thought.

Carousing Roll 3 Suxx

Telepathy Roll 5 Suxx

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC tried to get a read if she was trying to mislead him by identifying Quinn as Angela, but the Beast made it hard to think of anything other than seeing Lottie as a meal.

failure

He gave her an easy smile, going back to socializing, which was easier even when thinking of someone as prey.

"No, I don't see Angela here tonight," he said, looking around again while finishing his drink. Reorienting back towards her and the bar, he ordered another two more drinks for them both.

"No expectations, eh?" he wasn't sure exactly what she meant and he quirked an eyebrow and smiled to let her know he'd be interested in hearing her elaborate. It felt like he might be close to something important.

2 successes

11. Likes pisces liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The two Kindred continue their carousing, trying to get information and likely, not share true information about themselves.
    "You seem like you might be looking for something fun. Are you?" She questions.
    "What does the person you are looking for look like? I know someone who has dark skin like me, wears locs. She comes in and talks to a real serious man, sometimes."

You can see her two friends exit the bathroom. A larger man walks by and they pause, turninng to talk to him. To flirt. He easily is well taller than JC or Quinn.

2 successes

Quinn drinks with the guys, who appreciate her buying drinks. They try to take turns buying the rounds with her. They drink easily, practiced. Calm and if not composed, in a routine. Dal is giving Quinn the most attention. Rick is turning his head, noticing the large man talking to two women.

"Isn't that the guy with the jerk?"
    "Bodyguard." Dal takes him in with a look, then looks back to Quinn. Apparently not interested in the large man.
    "The lady with him?" Rick asks. "Not sure if she looks like she could use help."
    "Not from him, I don't think." Dal replies.
    "I think she kind of resembles the lady at the bar. If we mean the lady who was with the jerk before."

2 successes

Quinn and JC can both roll to remember someone from the earlier Jackal thread

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"Always looking for fun," he says, flashing her a smile. Not exactly untrue, it was just that fun had come to include sinking his fangs into people's veins. He reminded himself that now was not the time given the circumstances. Though the sentiment could still help him find out if there was more to the location. "What were you thinking?" Hopefully something more along the lines of backroom and drugs rather than sex but he didn't say that.

"African American, curly hair, looks like she lifts weights from time to time." He answered when asked for a description. JC could probably have given a more accurate description with eye color and attractive features but he didn't want to put Lottie off by making her think he was thinking about someone else in that detail besides her. And it would be good to have deniability as well.

Carouse 1 success

He catches a glimpse of the tall man talking with the other women from the bar. There was something vaguely familiar there.

Remember 1 success

14. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread