Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner reviews the text message. Yes! There's still a chance. He runs through his options: Jacque was clearly determined to fulfill his commitment to the Invictus, and he couldn't risk that. Especially if it meant bringing Pope to Sacramento. Jacque could talk his way in or out of anything. But if he couldn't talk... How desperate would the Seneschal be if he was separated from his team and without his greatest tool?

And Quinn...would Quinn be more amenable. Of course! She's no friend to Invictus agendas. But the Seneschal has her on a fucking leash! But she's also an opportunist. If she sees overwhelming odds, she'll take getting everyone out alive and missing out on the prize over risking a firefight and losing Domain assets. Playing the long game, as any good Reeve should.

But then there was the rest of the team. He really didn't want to see anyone hurt. Well, maybe Milton. No! Not even him; he's an airbag but he's still an ally. And, more importantly, it would look strange if certain people were targeted and others weren't. Connor and Milton gave the Sacramento team a party of four. That left precious few who could be left. Maeve? ​Her Shadow abilities would work, though he shudders to think of putting her in danger. JC? Dirt Nap? ​They were technically shapeshifters, and he hadn't been looking for animals earlier.

Conner goes with what little knowledge he has, and sends Vincenzo a response...

Text to Vincenzo

One of the benefits of having the home team ahead: the Lance could simply follow their tracks. What mattered the most though was how quickly they could negotiate before an all-out brawl broke out.

He pockets the burner phone and pulls out his own, texting Quinn

He looks out to the gate of Sherah Israel. The pull of blood tempting him towards the residential areas. He could find blood there. He could...

No. Conner shakes his head. And then what? Disobeying the Seneschal won't earn Quinn any favors. I can't just think of my own skin. Was this what it meant to lead? To see allies thrown into harms way? To put faith in flawed creatures to do a perfect job? Of course it is! Quinn knows this; Jacque knows this; you've put faith in the invisible for so long, now you need to put faith in the visible people you know. Their mistakes are their own; just as yours are your own.

Conner reviews the text message. Yes! There's still a chance. He runs through his options: Jacque was clearly determined to fulfill his commitment to the Invictus, and he couldn't risk that. Especially if it meant bringing Pope to Sacramento. Jacque could talk his way in or out of anything. But if he couldn't talk... How desperate would the Seneschal be if he was separated from his team and without his greatest tool?

And Quinn...would Quinn be more amenable. Of course! She's no friend to Invictus agendas. But the Seneschal has her on a fucking leash! But she's also an opportunist. If she sees overwhelming odds, she'll take getting everyone out alive and missing out on the prize over risking a firefight and losing Domain assets. Playing the long game, as any good Reeve should.

But then there was the rest of the team. He really didn't want to see anyone hurt. Well, maybe Milton. No! Not even him; he's an airbag but he's still an ally. And, more importantly, it would look strange if certain people were targeted and others weren't. Connor and Milton gave the Sacramento team a party of four. That left precious few who could be left. Maeve? ​Her Shadow abilities would work, though he shudders to think of putting her in danger. JC? Dirt Nap? ​They were technically shapeshifters, and he hadn't been looking for animals earlier.

Conner goes with what little knowledge he has, and sends Vincenzo a response...

Text to Vincenzo

One of the benefits of having the home team ahead: the Lance could simply follow their tracks. What mattered the most though was how quickly they could negotiate before an all-out brawl broke out.

He pockets the burner phone and pulls out his own, texting Quinn

text to Quinn

He looks out to the gate of Sherah Israel. The pull of blood tempting him towards the residential areas. He could find blood there. He could...

No. Conner shakes his head. And then what? Disobeying the Seneschal won't earn Quinn any favors. I can't just think of my own skin. Was this what it meant to lead? To see allies thrown into harms way? To put faith in flawed creatures to do a perfect job? Of course it is! Quinn knows this; Jacque knows this; you've put faith in the invisible for so long, now you need to put faith in the visible people you know. Their mistakes are their own; just as yours are your own.

Conner waits for the response. His night could be determined by the next text he receives.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Jennifer Hazelton

A moment passed. A text from Vincenzo came over.
    do you have radio?
    Is J dangerous speaking? I have 2 men watching J
    I'm possibly working on your suggestion
    I was brief before as I wasn't sure if we are being watched Did you say Holden hall? See them in millionaire row
    Y not engage? Need them to find Popw
    Someone live here I think
    More recent than Pope
    Found leftovers in mauseleum in urn garden
    Gunshot? U ok?

A loud rapport was heard. Possibly the sound of a security sedan car backfiring. It was not from the front of the cemetery.

Conner became aware that he likely should be careful to avoid the security. The car was likely driving around and some areas were more accessible by road.

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

The sharp sound catches Conner's superhuman hearing, and he looks up from the phone out into the distance where he'd come.
    2 successes

Urn Gardens? Could be Maxwell...or one of ours?

Whatever it was, it was officially out of his hands. Conner jots down a response to Vincenzo, his fingers moving as superhumanly possible without burning any more precious blood reserves.

text to Vincenzo

Conner sends the text message and again feels the rumbling in his stomach. The pressure to feed was mounting, and his will was nearly spent.
    Quinn was right; I need to watch myself. He looks back one last time towards the cemetery. He whispers into the night. "Please God, bring them back safe." Even Milton? Even Milton. Even O'Brien. Even O'Brien. Even... Shut up!!!

Conner mentally shunts his Beast with an audible snarl. He was better than this. Or at least, he would try to be. But for tonight, he would a higher power to do its work in the unlives of the Kindred in Arkwright Cemetery tonight. And whether they returned in success or failure, they would need someone to sooth wounded souls. And for that, Sacramento finally had a Pastor to do it.

He moves as stealthily as possible to the exit to Sherah Israel to seek out a residential area. One call to Uber or hitchhiker's thumb on the road should be enough to get him back to Sacramento. And then...

Whatever comes. My will, not yours.

Thanks so much for an intense first plot!

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

5. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread