Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Ah, but you didn't kill him, and so she did not know." Rhodes pointed out. "Ann made assumptions - not only about how her people would act, of which she would have more reliable insight - but how we would act in return. We now have, for the first time in months, an edge in the longer game."

There was a small nod. "You are correct, of course. the dilation or concentration of time in the Hedge is a highly unpredictable phenomenon. Still, a few months real time would put him... some time after Meg's demise, suggesting a withdrawal from her former operations. Out of the city."

As I predicted. Good.

Rhodes' lean features pulled into a wry smile. "I'm sure I will want to talk with everyone involved in due time." Not least to cross-check the stories. "When it comes to Ann, I want the Freehold all on the same page. She did not strike me as having a flair for the dramatic before, but leaving a gloating message puts a new spin on her. In Part, at least, it is about Fear. Ann hasn't lost that, though perhaps is lost within it. With Autumn fast approaching, I feel she may make another move. And I want to ready when she does."

He leans back, steepling his fingers. "This has certainly given me much to think about. Do you have any other thoughts or insight you took from this Hollow? Theories made with first-hand experience are better; even if made with conjecture, we can marry our experiences." Past experience showed the Fairest Gerrit was pensive and thoughtful. It would be foolish to waste that skill.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Hm." So Queen Ann had laid a trap, just assuming that someone would come along some day? That take seemed to be dangerously close to hubris. Then again, maybe Gerrit was giving her too much credit. Maybe that was part of her plan all along: to make them afraid of her powers. But for now Gerrit just listened and kept his thoughts for himself - he gave the information he could give and they have agreed on a few courses of action.

When Rhodes concluded with asking him what his interpretation of the situation was Gerrit decided to share some of his worries after all. "I think we should err on the side of caution. You say we have managed to gain an edge over her, but as far as I'm concerned we gained only little insight. Of course this could change once we had the chance to talk to the Lost we brought with us, but what have we really learned? That she is able to tame or control the denizens of the Hedge - or at least that she has managed to do so with the Bloodsuckle. We've experienced her cruelty first hand, but I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone." Bloodshot eyes met the terrifyingly large and green eyes of the Dread Lord. "We're assuming that her gloating could mean that she's become sloppy or arrogant, but maybe that's precisely what she wanted to achieve. If you want my honest opinion: I'd say that we should be even more careful going forward, since she could either expect us to move or is planing something herself."

That was a lot of honesty at once, but Gerrit didn't want to beat around the bush or just echo the King of Fear's take on the situation. Hopefully the Fairest's ego could handle it.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord nodded slowly. "Talking to them will hopefully provide more. I'm not saying we know everything, far from it. But there are Autumn Contracts that can do that sort of thing..... informing me of some of her other powers. Nothing with great consequence yet, but still more information. It's not surprising, but it adds weight to what was just conjecture. Before, we didn't know if things were Ann or Meg's interpretation. This does add weight, even though more data is always better."

He shakes his head, frowning. "No, I'm not sure about that at all. Gloating didn't seem her style, but I can't see that means she's becomce negligent. She threw away people. Just because she doesn't care about them... that can make her more dangerous. Certainly, care is needed."

Rhodes stood. "We should discuss with our...new friends, and move on the Orchard with haste. If you're still interested, I'll let you know."

Unless Gerrit has anything else, I'm happy keeping this a short scene if you are, woth the plots starting
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Well, at least Rhodes seemed to concede that point to an extend. Whether or not hubris would play a part remained to be seen when they actually moved against Ann, but for now Gerrit felt like he had done his part to keep the Freehold safe. Slightly safer.

The Ogre stood when Rhodes did, ready to show the Dread Lord the door and lock it again after he left. "I agree. Thank you again for your time. I guess we'll see each other then." Unless something else developed first, but Gerrit had no reason to believe that Rhodes would tell him specifically if something else came up. Such was the lot of the unimportant.

That's what I thought - thank you for the scene!

6. Likes Xadun liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread