Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Talking to a Dragon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Aug 31, 2021 : (2109) Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

"All that you've mentioned, Your Majesty, are of great interest to me. And places related to Asian culture, if you know of any," she brightened, wondering if Prince shared some of her obsessions. It would be most useful indeed.

A curious look at Dirt Nap, and a tilt of the head in his direction, thinking his words over.

"I'm afraid I know far more about people than horses. But I won't refuse a knowledgeable company to expand my horizons, if one presents itself," she offered softly.
    BP: 2

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Rodeo? She faintly remembers some kid talking about a rodeo a while ago while on a boat. But it never truly caught her interest, so she never looked into them. To be honest, they did not seem like her to go for a good time. “I’ve heard horses are a wise investment, is that true?” she wanted to include him, but he made it difficult.

“I’m not one for the more,” a pause, popular clubs or attractions. I enjoy spending my evenings at dive bars, observing people. There’s a more, particular, sort of club I attend, but that’s for the more, unsavory sort of people. I can recommend The Crocker Museum if you enjoy fine art and the chance to expand your art knowledge. Their collections are often changing, so one can expect to always find something of interest there.” A thoughtful look, though only brief before she shakes her head, “I’m afraid I cannot help in that regard, it’s a culture I know little off. But given how rich and diverse Sacramento is, I have no doubt you would be able to find something to sate that taste.” Rather vitae or otherwise.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well, your Highness, there's a saying, 'The way to make a small fortune investing in horses is to start with a large one'." Dirt Nap says seriously. "The only real way to make money off a horse other than it being just part of a whole ranch investment using the horse to move cattle, say, is to race it and win enough races that it's in demand for studding. That's where the money is, in the years and years of studding after a career of winning races. Thing is, you can spend a lot of money on a horse trying to win races with no guarantees of it ever happening."

He pauses, listening to the Prince and Wei Ling talk about the local attractions. Wei Ling being interested in 'Asian Culture' which doesn't mean a whole lot to him besides occasional take out Chinese food which is on his list of things to subject himself to in the way of experimentation.

6. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

Much like they heard, horses seemed like a money dump for the rich and bored, or a true enthusiasts only. Neither of those concerned Wei Lin, but she was listening with the polite interest nonetheless. Prince's words sparked far more genuine attention.

"While dive bars are not my scene per se, unsavory people can be oh so useful, especially in my line of work. I'd love it if you can point me to a such a place, it must be good, to be used by Your Majesty." And most likely required an invitation anyway, as most of the best spots in that sphere. "I'll be sure to visit the Crocker Museum when I get a free night, it sounds delightful, thank you."

They nod, noting that Dirt Nap also has no input on her curiosity, but was now reengaged in the conversation.

"You sound like you know a lot about horses, Dirt Nap. Do you perhaps own one?" Even as the man looked more like a worker at a ranch, rather than an owner, the looks could be wildly deceiving in a world of Kindred.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

With clear interest, she listens, nodding here and there. “I see. Perhaps I should stick with real estate and my other businesses than.” A small smile and nod. She could play the long game, but if it wasn’t a sure thing, it was a waste to her. “Thank you for the information.” It was still filled away in case.

Their line of work? The Daeva didn’t strike her as running in her circle of influence. But, one never knows. “If one has connections in such a line of work, then one would know where it was.” Because that was how you got in. “But as for dive bars? The more entertaining ones seem to be downtown, the darker streets, less traveled sidewalks.” As more dive bars are. “Seneschal Jacque is also one to speak with if you wanted to visit the museum, he is quite knowledgeable on such things. And is a good conversationalist.” And a Kindred worth knowing. “Perhaps when you go, you could reach out and let me know.” Well, her Ghoul know. “I am looking for a new piece to invest in, and they have recently changed the exhibits.” It was time for a visit.

Eyes move back to Dirt Nap, curious as to how he would answer.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, Your Highness." Dirt Nap agrees with the observation of the Prince on the nature of sound investing. "Horses also don't live nearly long enough for our kind's natural advantages in investing to really work out. Land seems like the best bet alright."

He listens to Wei Lin's compliment and question. He's silent for a long minute.

"As the kine would see it, I don't own much, Wei Ling, and I for sure don't have any claim to any horse that would stand in a kine court." Dirt Nap answers. "As our kind count it though, I have a Herd of horses I count as mine here in the county."

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

Wei Lin doesn't weight in on the investment topic, only listening, as it interests them little. The Succubus always found their money in the more fluid world of immediate battles of kine, which often allowed much more flexibility.

"Thank you for your advice, Your Majesty."

There was no point in getting bitter about the rejection. Par for the case in such circles, and it was only a matter of time before Wei Lin themself would gain the influence needed to get in wherever they wanted. Kindred had nothing if not time, after all.

"I must meet Seneschal one of this nights, then, he sounds delightful." He does, for what it's worth. It spoke well of the man to be held in such high esteem by the Prince, but she wouldn't appoint him her right hand otherwise. "Absolutely, Your Majesty, I'll make sure to contact you when I'll make the time to go."

They smile, pleased to find at least one point of connection, however slim it was. The relationships were worth building with somebody like Prince.

Wei Lin turned a thoughtful gaze to Dirt Nap as he talks. Was it freeing to have so little ties to the mortal world, as he claimed to have? Was it a choice or inability to build up those ties? They didn't ask, settling for solving the mystery another day, offering only a calm nod. "Then I'll make sure to consult you if the necessity ever takes me that way."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Another nod, “A good point. While I like to diversify my portfolio, it doesn’t sound like horses are a wise way to go. Though it might be fun to attend a race sometime and place a few bets.” Could be fun. And it would be something new for her.

Looking to Wei Lin with a smile, “I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.” She enjoyed her talks with Jacque. “And if you enjoy chess, he’s proven to be a worthy opponent.” They still need to play again sometime. It had been an enjoyable evening.

Dark eyes move from the Daeva to her Cousin, “I’m afraid you’ll have to excuse me for the evening. It’s getting late, and there are still some things that must be done.” Always something to do.

Looking at Lei Win, “It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope we get to talk again soon.” A smile, “Please enjoy the rest of your evening.” And with that, she turns and walks back to her office. Her Ghoul stepping out to open the door for her.

Ale exits the scene. It was fun!

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (exotic)
    Distinctive Voice
    (low and textured)
    New identity
    (Wei Lin Carter)
    Wei Lin

+1
    SL
    +0.5
    DV
    PRE

"Likewise, Your Majesty," Wei Lin curtsied low to the exiting Prince.

The mention of the time made the Succubus check their phone, finding it indeed quite late.

"I'm afraid I must go as well, Dirt Nap. We'll talk again soon, I'm sure."

They offered a nod and a meaningful smile, and headed to the exit.

Thank you both for the scene! Great fun!

17. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"'course, Your Highness." Dirt Nap says, bowing as the Prince departs.

"'evening, Wei Lin." He says good bye to them as well.

Dirt Nap stays until just before dawn, almost as if he has no where else to be. He departs mere minutes before the sunrise, apparently content to rest the day in a plot of concrete in a nearby alleyway.

Thank you very much for the fascinating and entertaining scene!

19. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread