Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Nox) Sins of the Pope

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor gives a nod of acknowledgement to everyone as they either introduce themselves, or they are introduced. "Mr. Jake, we met briefly at court. A pleasure to see you again."

His attention turns to Mariposa. "What is unusual is quite subjective, Ms. Sánchez,"the haunt starts as he takes a seat with the rest of the group gathered, "It's a pleasure to meet you." He looks between the four gathered with him. "As I was telling Mr. Hoyle, I was tasked with learning some history of the Domain, and in doing so I heard some rumors about a Mr. Pope, of the line Daeva. I figured Elysium would be the best place to find someone to either confirm or deny those rumors. Mr. Hoyle has assisted some already. I was wondering if either of you fine Kindred would be able to assist me further?"

He looks between those gathered at the table once again. "I had heard that despite being only 200 years old, Mr. Pope could no longer feed on humans. Would anyone know if this is true?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

2. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"I am pleased to meet you, Mr. O'Brien." The man states politlely. "Unable to feed on humans. That would be unusual for that age, would it not?"

"A pleasure to make your acquintance, Mr. O'Brien."
    A polite nod to Mr. O'Brien. He was of the First Estate now, and as far as he knew, Ms. Stacey Clark, Mr. Eddison Jake, and Ms. Mariposa Sánchez were unaligned. A nod to Mr. Hoyle. A deep one. It seemed that they knew one another and Mr. Hoyle had their respect.

"Unusual. Yet not unexpected. The Embrace makes many things possible. Some Kindred have different Blood."

"Good evening."
    Mariposa spoke with a noticeable Spanish accent. "I have to agree. Subjective - you are too right, Mr. O'Brien." The woman smiled politely.

"Very true."
    Mr. Hoyle responds, calmly. Mr. Hoyle looks to Connor for a moment. A hand idly adjusts his cuff links.

"I had heard that rumor, Mr. O'Brien. I have not seen evidence that it is more than a rumor. However, I had heard that he joined the Dragons, lusting for their occult knowledge. However, I believe had he gone near where the Dragons study their occult secrets, Mr. Pope would not have been able to slip out of their grasp very easily.

I trust that you have heard the more unsual rumor about Mr. Pope? That he was a street performer?"
    Mr. Hoyle inquired.
    "I have something that may interest you." Ms. Sánchez states.
    "Before Pope was Sanctified, he was a Dragon, but he left the Order to work as a spy in the church. The Dragons wouldn't take him back, though, 'cause they thought he'd developed a loyalty for the Spear."

"It would be hard to verify that..." A hand rubbed a chin thoughtfully. "There are no Dragons that date back to that time, are there? However, I have heard rumors of a nomad who has more than one Covenant affiliation. I caught a glimpse of him down in the Barrens, exiting a boarded up store front. Vincenzo - and he had one of his ghouls with him. I believe that supports the rumor that Vincenzo keeps an army of ghouls."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Yes, Mr. Jake. It is rare for a Kindred's blood to be that strong before 350 years of age. I've already spent some time in torpor, or my blood would be close to what Mr. Popes should have been." He responds to Mr. Jake's question.

The haunt listens as they all have a small back and forth, until Mr. Hoyle brings up the second rumor he was sent to attempt to confirm. "Yes, that was actually the other point of discussion I had intended to address, Mr. Hoyle. I had heard he did shows for children with something akin to a 'Magic Lantern?' I'm curious as the why the rumors say 'like a Magic Lantern' and not just 'a Magic Lantern.' It's quite curious."

Then Ms. Sánchez gives him yet another rumor to follow up on, fortunately he knows just who to call for that. "Thank you for the information, Ms. Sánchez, I will be sure to make note of it in my personal research."

Then Edison mentioned a name he'd heard in the meeting with the Invictus; Vincenzo. "This Vincenzo... Mr. Vincenzo?..." The haunt starts, pausing for a moment in order to consider what to call the man, "Mr. Vincenzo sounds interesting, is there anything else you could tell me about him, Mr. Jake?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

"Ah, a very wise decision, Mr. O'Brien."
    Mr. Hoyle responds, now allowing some interest to show on his expression for a moment. Mr. Hoyle's face smoothes to little emotion as he continues to speak.
    "I believe it is the term from the 1800's, is it not? The Latin name laterna magica, is an early type of image projector that used pictures. That is when I heard the earliest movements of Rafael Pope. I may be off on the term. That is what I assumed it was."

"I believe so. He's a nomad, he doesn't stay here all the time. He doesn't seem to be regular in his movements. I have seen him five months in a row, now. I believe Mr. Vincenzo gets acknowledged every six months or so. I did see that he was here for the Sentencing of Mr. Kowalsic. I have heard that he is accepted in two Covenants. One is the Sanctified. " The man states.
    "The rumors about him state that he rescues rogue ghouls. He trains them for his own ghoul army. He is a bit influential. Mr. Vincenzo is an older Kindred, who seems to have some knowledge from his decades of Dansing. I have heard him referred to as a mercenary. The Covenants that he is tied to hire him for jobs, according to rumors."
    Ms. Clark remains quiet. Her light colored eyes are scanning the group behind this table, a duo of two men who seem to be speaking intently. Connor thinks these are two of the faceless group that stand around at Court, too craven to speak.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I would have to look up the Latin name, Mr. Hoyle, it is unfortunately a language I am unfamiliar with." The Haunt says to Mr. Hoyle. He then turns his attention to Mr. Jake as he speaks on his knowledge of Vicenzo. "That is quite interesting, Mr. Jake, thank you. By chance would you have heard what the other Covenant he belongs to is?"

Then the Haunt follows Ms. Clark's eyes to the two gentlemen near their table. "Excuse me for a moment." he says as he stands from the table, making his way to the faceless duo. "Hello, Gentlemen, anything you'd like to share with the class?" ​He says with a smile.
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

"Language can be tricky. Yet I know it has to do with projector of some kind. Rafael Pope was very involved in that." Mr. Hoyle responds.
    " I do not know, sadly. I'm sure that we can find out. We are attempting to create a bit of an informed stance on ghoul culture. If you think that could be helpful, Mr O'Brien."
    Mr. Jake replied.

As Mr O'Brien approached the men, one turned to face Connor. He was about 5'7". He had white, close cropped hair styled in a popular style from about ten years ago. A middle of the range suit with a blue pocket square. He looks to have been Embraced in his early 50s. He is of average build.
    "Good evening. I am Mr. Felding. And you are?"

The second man stood at about 6". He was white with brown hair and green eyes. He was attractive, strikingly so. ( Striking Looks: Mesmerizing eyes). He put on a puzzled expression, looking to Mr. Felding. A glance to Ms. Clark and Ms. Sanchez. His expression seems to smoothly transition as he makes a good natured smile.
    "I am Mr. Reid. I believe you might be Mr. O'Brien? I believe you were speaking with her Grace at Court. As well as another Conner. With 'er', I believe.
    Is everything alright?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt looks between the two for the briefest of moments. "Mr. Felding, Mr. Ried," the haunt says, being unable to stop himself from staring at the latter's eyes, "you would be correct, I am Mr. O'Brien, I apologize for the intrusion, I thought I heard something but was sorely mistake." He gives the pair a deep bow in apology. "I can only hope you can find it within yourselves to forgive my transgression."

Then he turns back to the group he was previously with, looking at the time on his phone as he makes his way back. "I do apologize everyone, I have a pressing matter to attend to, and I am already late. I thank you all for your help in confirming or denying some of these rumors, and I hope to get the chance to speak with you all again. Please, everyone, have a good night." He says, once again bowing to the group in apology before turning to head to the entrance of Elysium, where he will pick up his weapons and leave. Once outside he takes out his phone and give Milton a call.
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

Mr. Felding stares at Connor before managing a nod. His expression looks to be one of surprise. Mr. Reid was smooth, a polite and insincere smile. Then turning to Mr. Felding with a "- and a medical doctor? You must be proud."

Mr. Hoyle gave a nod, checking his own watch. He made a polite goodbye and stood, making a long, polite goodbye to the three younger kindred he was sitting with.
    No one impedes Connor as he collected his property.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Closing the Thread
    The Vanishing:

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread