Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
PrP TRoS The Mother of Grendel

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

Mable leads them through the fields towards the screams, as another cry issues from the forest where the altar is. Ghostly and ragged and then choked.

Heightened senses

If Mable leads them farther, they will be in the forest and soon at the edge of the grove.

Assuming they don't run into an ambush with the trees themselves.

2. Likes , , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Best we don't bunch up now." Dirt Nap advises in the softest of tones as they reach the tree line. "Keep each other insight, go slow, and keep enough distance between ourselves a single shotgun blast won't get more than one of us at a time."

It's not likely everyone will be skilled and moving quietly in the woods, and it only takes one twig snap to announce their approach. Best that can be done is to be far enough apart so that the noise one makes doesn't give an aiming point for the whole group.

At the same time, it's important to keep an eye on each other so as not to attack someone on our own side, him especially with a gun and all.

Dirt Nap takes his own advice and moves off to the side of the others as he enters the forested area, at least ten feet from the next nearest person. He also tries to make as little noise and show as small a profile as possible.

And just like that, he's one of the ones making some noise, but at least he's not right next to anyone else to give them away.

failure

4. Likes liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good idea. Lets separate a bit. Maybe I should enter first and introduce myself? I can't hide my beast so they will feel me coming."

She gives the others the general lay out of the grove.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(Augment Dexterity)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The haunt nods at Dirt Nap's suggestion, slowly moving wide away from the others, but still keeping them in sight. He holds his knife tightly and waits for Mable to continue leading them further.

3 successes
    Last edited by Connor OBrien; Sep 18th, 2021 at 02:07 PM.  Reason for Edit: Misread, rolled too early.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

8. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Why introduce yourself?" Jennifer inquired.
    "Ah, I think some information is lacking. These kindred kidnapped or murdered kindred and herd. We met them when they were covered with ash, and kidnapping Martha, a kindred of our city.

She's been dominated, so if we could recover her- I'd like that. A cousin grieves for her.

Be wary - Mr. Northbridge and I just came from the longship on the river. There, a calm ghoul was holding a means of fire.
    They may use the same tactic of threatening or causing fire. Let's remember- we don't need to risk a dozen kindred frenzying. Think about the Breaches.
    I certainly would be angry with anyone lighting fire in my presence.

I'll go quiet and watch. If I can, I will move to end confrontation. Best of luck, team. We can do this."

Liam, come here. If you see fire, I want you to try and extinguish it when you can safely do so. We may try fire later, but we must be careful not to alarm the members of our group. You know frightened kindred are dangerous.
    Assist Mr. Dirt nap and keep an ear out for me."

Jennifer stopped walking as the others moved. Maybe they're movements will pull eyes from herself.
    Jennifer pulled the Cloak of night over herself.

Date Action Roll Result
    2021-09-16 21:28:37 Jennifer Hazelton rolls 9 to obfuscate Grendel (10 Again) 8, 3, 5, 4, 2, 9, 9, 2, 7 3 successes

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward walked wordlessly, hoping someone else would take up the question of the Mekhet weakness. Nobody did. "I'm afraid I was hoping you might know." He smiled apologetically.

He nodded to Dirt Nap and Connor as they took to the wings, and turned to see the rapid approach of three familiar figures. "Priscus Hazelton, Mr. Northbridge, good to see you."

Jennifer clarified and informed, and Edward nodded. "They are clear enemies of the Domain, and I also do not predict any chance of peaceful surrender, however, it will be worthwhile to delay them in order to allow the Archon time to arrive."
    Twist

"I shall take to the front with Mable, and we will make introductions." If for no other reason than to raise their battle above the mindless clash of territorial beasts. Edward headed forward, readying himself for the appearance of familiar foes.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Up ahead, Milton can see the movement of their comrades and, beyond them, shapes past the tree line. The enemy.

Dirt Nap and Connor peel themselves off and vanish into the gloom.

There is some discussion, but Milton does not pay much mind. He is trying to prepare himself for conflict. The weight of the gun, in his jacket pocket and wrapped in shadows, bumps again his hip as he walks toward the raiders.

What will they find there? What can these pagans be doing, in this pagan place? Milton cannot imagine. And soon he will not have to.

The Lord hangs back, bringing up the rear, aware that he will be of most use firing from the tree line. Jennifer stops and falls behind even him. When Milton manages to look back for her, she is gone.

So he continues on, trying to move stealthily. Of course, he fails.

Stealth, failure
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable quietly thought over what Jennifer had said. She had guided her well in the past and gave her new intel. Damn. and she wanted to use her portable flame throwers. "Thank you for the update. Okay. I won't try to introduce myself."

"Edward, stay with me. I may need to do that thing I did at the gallery again. All I need to do is see my target then we can retreat to a safer area. I will try listening in on what they are saying and go from there. Good luck everyone." She was sure Edward knew what she meant and he had been helpful in the past. Whatever his faults may be, he has always been good to her.

The team spreads out a bit and some fade into the night. Mable moves forward trying to be stealthy.

1 success

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

On approach everyone hears a phone ring but it’s picked up before the end of the first ring.

Heightened Senses

As if in response, an animalistic scream is heard as the group makes it to the clearing. An array of creatures hang from the largest tree, ten in total. Some stand stalk still, ropes hung around their necks, a wolf, a cat, a boar, and a man in church clothes. Some hang more literally, A snake, a horse, a wolf, and a goat are already strung up and their guts have been cut open. Entails dangle from the blackened edges of the stomach wounds. The horse and goat look to still be struggling and twitching in their nooses. Steam rises from the blood on the ground and from the unnaturally clawed hands of a tall woman with intricate braids down in her hair. At her sides are two other pale figures. Geir with sword in one hand and putting away a phone with the other, and a kindred woman with bob cut hair, the stolen Martha. A sword is also in her hand.

Erle BP Obfuscated
    Geir BP Obfuscated
    Martha BP 1

2 successes

Geir turns at the groups approach. The smile spreads.

“Hail to you,” he greets them, eyes flicking around the clearing. Before settling on Edward. “I’m afraid my Sire is busy at the moment in ritual. What can I do for you?”

Erle barely spares a glance to the gathered vampires. In she takes a rope from the ground and pulls it tight. The wolf lifts into the air, howling while it can before the noose tightens. Before her claws enter it’s belly and blood and intestines spill forth. She ties off the rope, speaking constantly in her foreign tongue. A prayer? A curse? Instructions to her Childe? You don't know.

Choose one to roll.
    Wits+Comp/Empathy/Occult/Academics

18. Likes Endymion liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gets to the clearing and takes in the scene.

1 success

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread