Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 16
DISPLAYED
(2108) Off to the Side

Aug 1, 2021 : (2108) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve shakes her head, "No, no, it's more like emo is a way of being, a style, a music, etcetera. Depression, to a degree, is kind of part of it because the mental health influences it all. Like, there's a certain pride in it beyond what you might think. Yeah, they're a bunch of fu-screwed up kids, but they're proud of being screwed up," maybe not saying the f-word in formal court would be good.

"Some of them aren't even emo in the whole depressed thing, they just like the style and music. A lot of kindred act the part is all. Basking in it." She shrugs, "Think the whole emo thing is kind of a millennial thing, so outside sometimes it can be hard to grasp." She assumes Mable is older than her.

"I'm sure you've got some kind of talent. Whether that's dancing, writing, or heck, bringing in pots of giant turnips to show off crops. That's pretty talented."
    | BP 2

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you for explaining it more to me. I really had no idea besides hearing someone say that someone else was so emo. I still don't totally get it but at least I have a better understanding" She would have to think more about it.

She laughed, "Well the farming is more done by students from a local college. But I do tend the flowers. Maybe I will bring some of those in."

"What are some of your goals? I would love to help you if I could."

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"My goals?" It feels weird having someone ask, just given everything. Jennifer didn't even ask what her goals were. Is it polite to ask? She doesn't really even know. "I'm really just trying to get to a settled place. I've been here getting close to a year and I've been transient in behavior at best."

She pauses for a moment, considering. "I'm also really trying to find a good thrift book shop that is filled with some good nuggets. It might be cool one day to own a bookshop and run it during the late hours. Midnight musings or some shit."
    | BP 2

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

My goals... Maeve seemed a little surprised by the question. But Mable being Mable can't seem to figure out why that would be shocking. So, Mable gives a tilt to her head and listens, "I think you feeling more settled is the first step. Then you can focus on getting a book store."

"If I can help in any way with housing at least, please just ask. I have space at the farm."

She considers the book store idea, "I'm not sure where there's a good thrift book store...but I'm sure we could find one on the internet. I like the idea of an all night book store. There are a ton of college students who could use it to study in and so many people who work odd hours could use a place to buy books at night. It's a very interesting idea."

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

The Shadow nods, "I don't think I'm far off, honestly. Just getting through the rough patch," She shrugs. Given the way she is perceived, it is understandable. "And I appreciate your want to help. I'm good on housing, thankfully. Nice little apartment." She often likes living that more mundane life, still in apartments and living that best single life.

Oh wait. Eww. Not singular. Weird.

"Yeah, that was kind of my thought. College students especially. And if coffee was sold there that wasn't Starbucks, it would be a huge hit. Lots of hipster kids these days, but in a good way."
    | BP 2

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nods, "That all sounds terrific. Those are great goals. Keep trying and you can reach them. And please come see me sometimes to talk. You don't need to feel alone."

She pauses, she had seen some of the issues Maeve had in the past. "A little advice, some I need to remember myself at times... Play the game. In everything there are rules just like in games... it could be an office rule or a society rule...learn them and use them wisely."

She gives a friendly smile, "Even when it doesn't make sense to you. If all else fails remember, Tribulation brings enlightenment. Learn from mistakes and move forward."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread