Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(2108)The Prince's Circle

Aug 1, 2021 : (2108) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I have certainly appeciated your initiative, Mr. O'Brien." Jennifer assures.
    "Seneschal Jack is a wonderful conversationalist. I think speaking with him is an excellent idea."
    Jennifer replies to Connor with a nod. That it involved Invictus matters made it all the more important to strike a good rapport with the Seneschal.

"I will let you know, Your Grace. Although I am curious if you would like to visit the Caldarium?"
    Jennifer watches the Prince for a bit, curious as to what might interest her.

Jennifer listened to Conner's response. Good that he was keeping an ear out. Kindred needed to be careful not to track unwanted attention during this time. She was curious if he spent time among the Kine, as she did, by his comments. Time to pay attention to see.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor offers a deep nod to Jennifer at the praise she gave him, no matter how small. "Thank you, Lady Notary, I'm glad the effort has been noticed. In truth, upon conclusion of the current investigation, I may have need of the Senechal's expertise within his new role. The fact that said conversation will offer me some time to speak with him is simply 'icing on the cake' as they say." The haunt keeps things as vague as he possibly can, due to present company. He's still unsure of exactly what the Seneschal would like shared about his new role of Speaker within the First Estate.

He turns his attention back to the Prince. "It pleases me to hear that the investigation thus far has not caused you any trouble, Your Grace, I wouldn't want to detract from your personal Danse for an issue that could be resolved without disturbing you." Then the conversation turns to an invitation to the Caldarium. Connor bows deeply before the Prince as he continues. "It would honor me greatly to have you visit the Caldarium, Your Grace, it has been my deepest pleasure to be the one tending to it since shortly after my arrival within the Domain."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

4. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes watch the exchange between Lancea Conner and Jennifer. Not wanting to interrupt. Sometimes all you needed was to simply observe, it could tell you everything you needed to know.

“Secured a location?” she asks, “You’ve decided not to take up residence in the Moore House?” curious. Though maybe he was unaware of it? “Either way, please let me know. Is there a dress code for such evenings?” she had to fucking clue. Then a nod, “There is quite a bit to be learned from simply observing. Which is dearly lacking in today’s world. I tend to favor the darker bars in the city, but I’ll look into the Ten Ten Room.” Might be good. “Perhaps you could join me one evening.” See if he can act like an adult outside of Court, and if there were more than mistakes to him.

“He is also an excellent chess partner, if you play, I recommend testing your skill against him.” Though he lost to her.

An eyebrow raises, “The Caldarium? It’s been some years since I have visited. The last being with former Senescal Hart, and I quite enjoyed myself. But should the rest of your Family find it acceptable, I would enjoy a visit.” She would never invite herself, or assume the others were ok with it. But she knew where it was. So there was no secret there.

She couldn’t blame Invictus Connor for deciding to play his cards close to the vest. It was a wise move. Especially in Court and in mixed company.

A hand waves dismissively, “The only trouble was dealt with swiftly and justly. A problem no one could have foreseen.” The blame was not with the Haunts of the Domain. “But it is refreshing to not have to deal with a Reeve who came to me with every single issue they faced. If I wished to retain the position of Reeve, I would have.” Easily.

“Perhaps I can bring a painting a previous Nosferatu made for me,” she beings, “she painted a magnifica picture of the Caldarium. It has been one of my treasured pieces for a few years. Maybe it is something the Family would like to display there. I do display it here, within Elysia, but if the Caldarium is being restored to it’s previous beauty, it might make a nice addition.” A shrug, “Just an offer, no pressure to display it if it’s not what is wanted. I am quite content to keep it in my collection.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn, , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap joins the group around the Prince, whether as a friend of the Lady Hazelton's or as a Cousin of the Gangrel Prince is not plain.

"Been well, Your Highness. Thank you for asking." He says softly. "Always new, interesting things to study, new experiments to try out."

8. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

The mention of the Moore House gets Conner's attention visibly. "The Moore House? I wasn't aware the Lancea had an established meeting place still standing in Sacramento?" Most of the talk outside the Domain here had been frustration that the Lancea couldn't maintain a presence, rather than any resources left behind. "I would certainly love to give the place a look and learn more of its history. Do you know who would best be suited for that?" He addresses the Prince, but leaves the question open for Priscus Hazelton to answer as well. Perhaps the Seneschal wasn't the only resource to rely on. "As far as attire, typically Mass is formal but not to the level of costumes or weddings. I'd aim for business-casual without being too flashy." Dress code was certainly not at the top of his concerns regarding Mass, but he would be amiss if he didn't inform a possible attendee.

Conner's Beast stops its panic throes in the equivalent of a spiritual heart attack when the Prince suggests an evening at the Ten Ten Room.
    Wait... For a brief second, the hunger-weariness leaves Conner and he offers a confident, gracious smile to the Prince. ​"I would be honored, Your Grace. Should you find the time, just let me know and I'll gladly meet you there." Would he pay for his confidence later? Maybe. But an opportunity to see the Prince outside of Court wasn't one to pass up, if only because it might not be offered again.

He was honestly glad to see the Haunts thriving after last Court, though Connor seemed to be a bit vague on this new role within the Invictus. Some Covenant matter not to be spoken of in Court? Perhaps something to keep in mind, should the Lancea come across sensitive inner dealings under his watch.

Dirt Nap enters the group, and Conner gives him a simple nod. Any annoyance he'd had with the Gangrel from their encounter at the Ten Ten Room was water under the bridge. He couldn't begrudge him learning to be human any more than Conner could be begrudged learning to be an upstanding Court-goer. Though his talk of 'experiments' chilled Conner just a bit.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Of course, Mr. O'Brien. I admire initiative. If something needs to be done, stepping up and accomplishing that is wonderful."
    She listened closely to Connor's words, filing away tidbits.
    "I can't imagine having to handhold a Reeve. The entire point is for them to handle their duties with initiative."
    She shook her head, annoyed that someone had the audacity or stupidity to annoy a Prince. A Prince had a hundred other responsibilities. A Reeve should do their damn job. She glanced discreetly at Connor, then back to the Prince.
    "It would be good to have a few capable Deputies. I remember a few who served the position well some decade ago."
    "Oh, I would love to see the painting."
    Jennifer's eyes lit up. "What a generous offer, Your Grace."

"Good evening."
    She smiled to Dirt Nap, pleased that he joined the group.
    "Yes, I have been at work on my own study these last few months." She nods in agreement. Couldn't let oneself become stagnant.

"Aah yes, the Moore House."
    Jennifer nodded. "I heard former Priscus Grigoriev mention it. Or perhaps Mr. Connery." It had been awhile ago. Ten years? Perhaps.
    "It is reserved for the Lancea Sanctum's needs." She speaks conversationally to Conner, comfortable.

Would she go to a Mass? Perhaps. If it didn't conflict with her own personal tasks that she needed to accomplish.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

12. Likes , Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I can't say Chess is my game, your Grace, but perhaps playing someone who knows what they're doing will help me improve. I may have to bring it up to him when we meet." Jack strikes the Haunt as someone who enjoys the intricacies of a good game of chess, as well as mentally stimulating conversation, great things to know about someone he would need to gain as an ally.

Ah, the Ten Ten Room, a great night out watching the Lance try his hand at flirting with the Kine. He could use some pointers, but did well none the less. "I did see you at the Ten Ten Room, Mr. Wells, how could I have forgotten. Did your night with the Kine go well after Priscus Durant and I departed?" The haunt hopes name dropping Quinn will not come back to proverbially bite him in the ass, but Mr. Wells had mentioned the Ten Ten Room, and the fact that he saw Quinn there with him would be revealed soon enough.

He caught the look from Jennifer, though he wasn't quite sure what it meant. The duties of Reeve were out of his wheelhouse, though he could be a deputy, if that is what she was implying. "It would be nice for a Reeve to be in place, it would surely free up others holding office to do their duties alone rather than pulling double duty at times. If I may ask, are there any promising candidates?" His curiosity gets the better of him for the briefest of moments. Oh well, either he gets chastised in the middle of court, or he gets relatively valuable information.

The mention of the painting brings a look of curiosity to his face. "A painting of the Caldarium in its former glory? I believe it would make a wonderful addition to the aesthetic, though I would be worried about the effects of the humidity on the canvas."

Dirt Nap receives the simplest of nods, gracious after having been ignored by the Gangrel at the Ten Ten Room.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

14. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a nod of acknowledgement as Dirt Nap joins the conversation.

A look to Conner, “It has always been standing, and I have not been told it had fallen. Well, into disrepair perhaps, but that comes with time.” There was even that big bullshit mess over where it was. “Of course. I should have the keys in my office, I would be happy to pass them along. As to the history?” a pause as she thought about it, “I cannot say I’ve actually been there, but I know some of its history. Maye you’d have better luck with whatever lies within its walls for history.” Most Covenants kept notes. Then a nod about what was to be worn. And not worn.

“I’ll let you know when my schedule frees up.” It was always good to see how someone acted outside Court.

Is this kissing each other’s asses to look good in front of her, or was there a purpose?

“It was more using my connections. While I’m always willing to lend my men and connections, I’d rather see someone who take the initiative and figure it out themselves. There will be some active soon.” And that was that.

“Then we shall arrange something.” She loved the piece, but had a feeling it would be a better fit with the Haunts.

“It’s why I placed a chess table in the room. To see who would play or who knew how to play. It had been some years since I had the pleasure of playing myself, but Seneschal Jacque proved a challenging opponent, and I look forward to more games.” It was a nice change of pace.

Dark eyes narrow, “I wasn’t aware that anyone was having any issues with what they were doing.” She begins, “Any problems you care to bring to my attention.” Was something going on?

“There is currently a promising candidate. But I don’t place people into positions on a whim, they have to earn my trust and show they are capable of holding such a position.” Beyond that, she wasn’t saying anything.

“It would depend on a few factors. What the relative humidity is, what the temperature is and even the dew point. But the piece can placed in a museum quality glass enclosure, which will protect it from not only humidity but also moisture and any accidental damage. It’s a wonderful way to preserve canvases for the long run. It’s not an expensive process to have done.” It was pretty cheap actually. Seemed the Savage knew her art.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

16. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods and lets a small, friendly smile show to the Lady Hazelton's welcome and comment on the desireability of Study, though he's sure their methods are as different as can be.

He listens to the various discussions. The Lancea Santum is better represented this time around, at least he's a lot more humble and respectful about their House. Maybe he knows less too, but it's worth the trade for the humility. He's going to need to update the Prince in private as to the status and location of his own Covenant House, too.

Chess. Something for later.

Reeve. Something he definitely owes an honest conversation to the Prince about, but not now or here.

The Ten Ten Room. Interesting.

"It's a nice place, The Ten Ten Room." Dirt Nap offers. "Good spot for the kind of experiments I was running, anyways. Less chance of a bar fight breaking out than most, I'd say. Picked up some good advice on greasy food, the desirability of it, that is."

18. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Finally, after running with the lions of Elysium, Conner had the scraps we was looking for. "I'd certainly appreciate it whenever you have the chance to hand the keys over. I'm eager to take a look at the facility and see what I can find." After he's done his time, of course. He could probably do some research on the side as far as the Moore Houses's history among the Human population, since Kindred rarely built their own homes or places of worship. And it would be nice to know if the Lancea's headquarters in Sacramento was up for foreclosure or come under new ownership. He gives the Prince another grateful nod. He'd somehow stumbled upon an opportunity to do what all Priest's should: put their finger on the spiritual pulse of the Domain and see where they are needed.

Dirt Nap enters the crowd and Conner acknowledges him with a slight nod. Two Covenant heads with little to their name yet very little in common. Except for one person...

Connor mentions the Ten Ten Room and there's a brief bristle to his smile. "It was quite well, O'Brien." He strongly considered a further jab at O'Brien's expense, but restrains himself barely. Besides aggravating the Priscii, he didn't want to risk opening old wounds with Dirt Nap considering the tension there had been between him and Quinn that night. So he's content to make his response brief, and dwell on brief flashes of a red dress and a cute laugh in his memory. In truth, nothing really came from his encounter with Alice other than an exchange of phone numbers. And yet, he was strangely okay with it at the time. It was almost like he'd been human again. He looks to Dirt Nap, also remembering their run-in "You certainly did look like you were enjoying the food you ordered." Was Dirt Nap trying to learn to be human? It was odd thinking of having to re-learn what years ago was second nature.

The conversation turned briefly to the open position of Reeve, and Conner KNOWS now to keep his mouth shut. He is somewhat relieved that Prince Antinori mentions 'candidate' singular, meaning Quinn currently had no competition. Assuming she is the candidate in mind. Still, he was certainly biased; Quinn was his Priscus and Kin. And it wasn't like the Domain was swimming in other viable options.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

20. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread