To gather no moss

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit shook his head slowly. "No, of course that's not just. I just-" But then he fell silent. Rhodes was right: he couldn't have all the answers. There was no secret strategy, no definite answer. He would have to stay vigilant, work with the cards he'd been dealt and stop whining about how hard his life had become. "You're right. Thank you. Those urges probably only seem so strong because they are new, not natural in the way humans would think." Although did he really remember what it was like to be fully human? Or was he just clinging to the assumption of a memory? The Ogre looked at his battered hands, trying to remember what they used to feel like, devoid of all the pain and bruises.

Protection? A quiet life? Coming from the Flowering those ideas seemed almost like a threat or a bad thing. A person of terrible beauty, adept at manipulation and in his own way molded into a weapon.. Gerrit knew he made some good points, but as the Dread Lord's speech sped up to an almost-mania, as he dropped his mask and showed himself in all his alien glory the Onyx could barely look at his guest. He made sound arguments, and Gerrit had always been prone to skewing towards pessimistic realism (or so he though), but the way Rhodes talked about these things made them seem almost inevitable. Gerrit remained silent for a long while, thinking about everything he just heard. Living with the consequences, taking responsibility and take charge. He almost felt like a child, being scolded by an elder. If I always doubt my decisions, am I even making the right ones?
    Finally he nodded once, his face apparently deep in stony thought. "Well.. I guess I'll have to thank you for taking the time to show me those paths." Which I'll have to walk alone. A small grunt escaped the Ogre's lungs. "I'll have a lot to think about."
    Then, just like that he made a choice: "Is there anything else you might want to talk about? It's getting quite late and I've addressed the things that were on my mind."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes took another slow breath, settling the flare in emotion. "When we are trapped, our minds are clouded. Our feelings as well. When we return... it is difficult. May I ask how long you have been back in the mortal world?" It could be telling. "Our society, loose as it is, is a refuge of derangements, dementias and mental scarring beyond measure. It is not easy. It will never be easy. But here... there are at least people that can empathise and understand. We walk the path alone, we choose alone.... but we are not completely isolated."

There is a slow nod. "I have considered this topic many times. We all broke free alone, and this is another chain we can overcome. But you... you are thinking. Considering the implications. What could happen. This is the right start, Gerrit. Do not become paralyzed by fear or indecision. Make your choices with care, and accept the outcomes with dignity." There was a quiet approval in the tone.

The Dread Lord smiled. Not the malicious or sinister, but the calm, easy, smile. Almost charming, but also... tired. "You called for me. You have offered your assistance for the Freehold - I will not forget. If you wish to learn of Oneiromancy or other magics, I can make myself available to any who are willing to come to the Autumn Court. But for now, this is all I need. Do you have any last queries?" He lets the question hang.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

He was just about to answer 'around 13 months', but then reconsidered. That has been before he moved to Sacramento. Of course, with the deja vu of a broken heart it seemed only natural to think he was still on square one. They said time moved differently beyond the Hedge, but apparently it was way too easy to lose track of it while you were trying to reclaim your life. "I think it might be around two years by now." The first few weeks were confusing and scary, but in retrospect he didn't struggle as much to reclaim his humanity - if he was ignoring the impulsive, violent new part of him that is. "I- it-" No, Rhodes would not be the first Lost in Sacramento to hear about that time. That was something Gerrit would keep buried. He shook his head to drop that topic.

Care and dignity - the Fairest apparently didn't lack buzzwords. The Ogre focused on not showing those petty thoughts on his face, on not indulging them either. Rhodes had taken the time to answer his questions and help him, after all. "Thank you. I will keep that in mind." Rhodes' smile did little to put Gerrit at ease - not with the terrible image of the Dread Lords passionate speech fresh in his mind. He respectfully nodded though, getting up from his chair. "No, I don't have anything else for now. I will keep you in the know about any new development of the things we've talked about. Thank you."

And with that Gerrit would show his guest the door if he didn't have anything else to add. Rhodes' smile didn't calm Gerrit down - but the thought of actually having something he could focus on, of having the opportunity to bury himself in work did actually put the thoughts that ran in his head all the time to rest.

For now.

Thanks for the very interesting scene! I'll leave this open for a day or two in case you want to have a closing post.

4. Likes Xadun liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread