(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal just glanced back at Guru and made the suggestion of an eye-roll. All in good humor, of course. "Forget it. Hey, I know you said you wanted this to be tame, but is there anything on your bachelor bucket-list you want to cross off tonight?" Even without Magic between them they had an immense potential to make something great happening after all.

With the women joining them it became apparent who excelled in social situations and who flustered. Unfortunately it also firmly confirmed Eulogy as pitching for the other other team. The home team. Whatever. Luckily Kaze was quick to look after the Moros. Crystal couldn't help but lean towards Guru and conspire a bit. "Man, I hope people get wasted tonight, there's lots of opportunity for good stories here." Judging by the night at the Ten Ten Bar Phoenyx was definitely able to let loose - and be that much more enjoyable to watch.

And yeah, she already came straight out of the gate with the hard hitting questions. He expectantly looked at Corn, adding his own question to the mix. "What Alice said. Also, doesn't it get boring to wake up to the same person every day? Don't you worry about not trying what life has to offer to the fullest?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

To Guru Corn answered. "Look, if you ever see me with Maria and my other friends... we laugh at superstitions and especially with people that believe in ghosts." he chuckled at that heartily, as a person that can see and speak to ghosts and could probably learn to command them sooner or later. "That said, I have read extensively about superstitions. I would tell you more in the Bookclub about it, but I was considered an expert on the matter."

To Aurora he raised his glass and said "Thank you!" jovially.

To Phoenyx and others asking how he knew he shrugged with a smile in his face. "I just know. And I have known for some time. I work on this relationship, devoting time and care, which makes me a bit more distant from the book club and the other extra-curricular activities. I don't leave things to their fate. I have learned what Maria likes and doesn't like, what she respects and what she avoids. For her part, she had work on this relationship too. She had learned what ... the person she sees next to her likes and doesn't like, and respects my boundaries and avoids stepping on my toes. We have fun together. In all aspects. We have fun when we are out with friends, in the few cases she gets me to dance - I am not good at it. We have fun when we take walks in the park. We have fun in lazy sundays when she lays her feet on my lap as I do crosswords and she checks her I-pad for listings of the travel agency or watches TV. She also pretends to care about which books sold well in the bookstore that month. And... we do have fun in the more ... intimate parts of our relationship. She's a bit more adventurous than I was used to.

I do lead a double life, deception and misdirection is involved, she will never know my true opinion on ghosts or learn about our extra-curricular activities in the book-club... but I am very happy with the balance between them.
    "

Then Eulogy started acting like Eulogy. Corn raised an eyebrow confused as for the issue. He turned to Crystal as he said his piece and while Kaze was still in earshot, he said. "We really need to get more alcohol in Mordechai. I have locked the place of the socially awkward guy and he outshines me." To the two women that provoked the councilor's breakdown he said. "That's the downside of beauty, ladies. You send us socially awkward guys running. Please don't think less of Mordechai, especially in your future business meetings with him. He is a good guy, I honestly like him."
    Back to Crystal and Guru and Kaze if he returned, "we need to get Mordechai out more. After I return from my honeymoon, we should start on that project to get him relax. I won't rest until we bring out his suave."

If and when Eulogy returned, Corn tried to not embarrass the guy further and went along with whatever excuse he found for his outbreak. He honestly wanted everyone to have fun.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes Aeolus, , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru's eyes squinted and he traced Aurora's drink as she held it up, "So which Absinthe cocktail is that one?" a smirk stretching from ear to ear. Raising his glass along with her, "Yea but when they're right there and fresh..." Another loud laugh as Phoenyx turned the heat up on Corn, when she turned his direction he held his hands up in surrender, "Don't think I've seen you dressed up before is all. You came to party, respect. I keep telling Mordechai he just has to own it. Oh..." He slapped a hand on the table to look for him and he'd disappeared, where did he go?

"I miss something?" He looked around the table confused, his attention having been pulled to Corn. "Oh shit, really? I never actually looked into the sources of any, I might start asking you random facts now I know though." He waggled his eyebrows and looked over to Kaze, "Shit, way to do it. Corn is right. Mostly about putting in the work, being present. Which, sounds easier then it is." He admitted with a laugh throwing his hands in the air. "Can we define fullest? What do you think living life to the fullest entails?" He leaned back, raising an inquisitive brow though he wore a shit eating grin.

He couldn't help but wince a bit when Corn went off about ghosts and social awkwardness, "It's ok you believe in ghosts buddy, lotta people do. I don't think your fiancé would care that much." Though he shot him daggers and tilted his head. "Shit I bet most people here do." He cleared his throat rather aggressively before taking a sip and then exhaling with a sigh. "I mean, you don't gotta put a spotlight on him like that. Gotta get the both of you out into some interesting situations, know a couple clubs I could take you guys to."

He leaned back and looked to Crystal with a shake of a his head, giving him an awkward half frown. "I think we're a bit out of their weight class on that end. But, I mean, doesn't mean we have to pull the brakes. Shots?"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Snorting, she laughed, “I guess there is only one way to find out.” The smirk returned.

And just like Phoenyx was more forthcoming with her flirting, she also appears to say whatever is on her mind. Not something she would have asked the poor guy. Cause, like, do you ask those questions at a bachelor party? She wasn’t certain, but her money would be on no. A shoulder shrugged, “Maybe it’s just one of those things that you only know when you, like, know.” Or something.

Reaching into the basket, she grabbed a fry as well. If whoever bought them didn’t want to share, they best speak up. Cause then she’d buy another basket, because fries went with drinking. It was a thing. Seriously.

Smiling to Mordechai, “Great to hear!” taking another sip, “Me?” shaking her head, “Nah, not really. Pretty much the same stuff, nothing too interesting. And you?” another fry snagged.

Now she caught the blush, and while it amused her, she felt bad for the guy as he excused himself. Frowning, she looks to the others, “Hope he’s ok.” A hint of concern in her voice.

And then Kaze goes after him. Credit to Kaze for checking on his friend.

At Crystal’s question to Corn, “There has to be a bucket list.” And tame? How could a bachelor party be tame? It wasn’t like this was Vegas or something. Then he presses Corn. She decided to simply enjoy her drink, it wasn’t a topic she had much to say on. Being notoriously bad at relationships, there wasn’t anything she could add.

An expert on superstitions? Was there such a thing? But then he just goes for it, trying to explain the whole relationship thing. Having not seen a stable relationship growing up, that all sounded…weird…to her. Her life had mainly been one of solitude, not letting anyone get too close. How do you even begin to try something like? But again, she stays quiet on the subject.

“Oh, is that what it was about?” looking thoughtful before shrugging, “Suppose it’s a good thing I toned it down.” Her other outfit would have made more of an impression. Then waving off what was said, “I wasn’t worried about it, and it certainly won’t spill over into work. In my line of work, you kind of expect it and just roll with it.” She would probably forget it before the next time she saw him anyway.

To Guru, “A Death in the Afternoon! Figured it was a nice easy way to start the evening.” Plus she just loved the drink.

And then Guru with the good questions. Was this a bachelor party or a study session? She was starting to wonder. Shrugging when he mentioned most people present believing in ghosts, “That’s something I could discuss when I was sober.” And she’d be open to it. She had talked with a few ghosts, almost got her friends attacked by a few. “And sometimes the spotlight is good,” she begins, “well, in a controlled setting. With people you know and are comfortable with.” You don’t throw a socially awkward person to the lions the first time out.

Blue eyes narrow, “Who’s out who’s weight class?” what did she miss? “But if it includes shots, count me in.” shots were always a good idea. Though part of her was tempted to throw out the idea of body shots, she didn't think it would go over well.

8. Likes , Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Um... okay?" Phoenyx replies to Eulogy's request. She looks to the others. "Is he okay? He seemed really worried about something."

She looks over at Crystal. "Stories? What kind of stories?"

The Arrow nods to Aurora as Corn begins but begins to look puzzled bordering on bored, before finally realisation dawns. "You said 'fun' a lot. But You enjoy sex with each other. That makes sense. I just find it hard to want to be in that level of trusting relationship with someone you have to... hide things from." She shrugs. "It wouldn't work for me." There's no malice in her tone, just stating things.

She looks to Guru as he hokds his hands up. "I'm trying something different. I'm glad people like it!" Phoenyx sucks more of her cocktail, staring to look puzled again as Corn explains Eulogy's disappearence. "He... ran away? Because of us? We weren't trying to hurt him. We probably could. Well, I could. But we don't want to. He shouldn't be scared. I'll bring him back!" She hops off the stool and walks over to Eulogy and Kaze.

"It's okay," she says brightly to Eulogy, patting him non-too-gently on the hand before faltering. What was Corn's mortal name? Oh well. "The... groom... explained to everyone. It's very flattering you think we're pretty but you don't have to run away. We aren't going to hurt you! Madison can't throw punches. But we're meant to be together for the party! There's nothing to be scared of. It's supposed to be fun! Come on!" she begins tugging on his arm to pull him back to the group. The Arrow was still less than 5'6'' in her boots but had the unwaverable confidence from years of training.

When she gets back, she sits back on her stool. "Heyyy! Did someone say shots? Can I get a sweet one? I don' really like the strong-tasting ones."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes , Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai looked at Kaze as the other man approached. He hid behind a smile that didn't touch his eyes and the red fire again touched his cheeks. Mordechai looked down at his feet replied "I uh, I wasn't flir...I, uh yeah I am ok." He took a breath to steady himself. He was thankful that Kaze was trying to help. He decided to be honest and open up a little. "I don't know if you noticed but I am not very good in social situations." he said. His tone light. "Don't worry about me. I am good, Just have fun. This is supposed to be a party."

Phoenyx approached Mordichai and Kaze, her words made him cower inwardly and his eyebrows raised, but instead of blushing he looked over to Kaze as if drawing strength from his friend. He steeled himself emotionally and nodded toward her. "You are correct, My apologies." he paused for a second before finishing "what is it the kids say? "let's do this!"
    • Member of the Caretakers.

12. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens to the party, his friends are all laughing and having fun and life is good. Eulogy not so much, but he's coming around. He's even opening up when Phoenyx comes over.

Wow. She's...yeah, he hasn't really seen her drink like this, but Aurora seems to be used to it, like keeping her from going totally off the rails. It's cutting loose, blowing off steam, so probably a good thing.

After Phoenyx has come and gone like a...well, whatever that was, Kaze turns to Eulogy and grins. "Hey, you know, you actually aren't as bad as you think. I mean, the meetings are social too, and you do great there. It's just...learning the rules, you know? Like rule number one, everyone does and says stupid shit when they're drinking, and mostly nobody holds it against you. It's a great equalizer. Takes the pressure off, socially, you know?" He says, not sure if he's really giving advice as much as just sharing experience.

"So yeah, I actually swore off drinking, and only really started because I realized that it didn't really affect my anymore, and it helped other people relax if I drank with them, you know?"

Kaze smiles and gestures back towards the group. "So...buy you a drink, Mordechai?" He offers, grinning.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

14. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Now that was just gold: was the pot just calling the kettle black as Corn gave his... compliment? to Aurora and Phoenyx? And was he white knighting Eulogy? Questionable choice of words explaining his double life aside.. but hey, he was the man of the hour. They could cut him some slack as long as he didn't get more explicit. "You heard him ladies - to the curse of beauty! I am definitely planning on getting more alcohol into both of you!" Crystal raised his glass and took a hearty gulp. It wasn't particularly nice, but he wondered if Guru would be willing to follow him to the gents' and pop one of the magical pills he brought just in case.

He returned Guru's shit eating grin - fuck, chances were the Thyrsus was thinking the same thing anyway. "Well, I think living life to the fullest first and foremost means keeping those happy chemicals pumping as often as possible. What do you say, any objections to that?"

Was Phoenyx questioning Corn about his sex life? The fun just never stopped. Then Guru called for shot and Aurora joined it - who was Crystal to deny them a third musketeer? "I'm in, your choice. Let's just be a weight class of our own." Because then Phoenyx went off to set things right with the Moros. Was she already tipsy? This evening had more potential by the minute.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

16. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn spent a moment to think about his 'Bachelor Party Bucket list' and took another sip from his drink.
    "I wanted to feel special for that special day, among my peers. And I do, thanks to Crystal and the rest of you. So... mission accomplished, I guess?
    As for living life to the fullest, I am fine they way I live my life. I don't want much more excitement.
    "

When shots were called, Corn said "I believe I am out of most people's weight class, Madison. But a shot or two won't send me over the edge." his eyes went to Phoenyx for a moment as he said that, but he didn't say anything.
    When Kaze mentioned swearing off alcohol, Corn raised an eyebrow. "Really? Oh, I didn't know. But as long as it doesn't control you, it is all good, I think." And it should be easy for an Arrow to detoxify if he wanted to although breaking addictions were mostly a mental think, he thought. Something to ponder at another time.

To Crystal, he said, "when you order shots, don't get something that hits hard. I enjoy this night and I want to remember it tomorrow."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

18. Likes Ruach, , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He chewed on a fry washing it down with a drink as Phoenyx got real into the meat of the matter with Corn, this was definitely one of the reasons he preferred his heavier conversations with a little lubrication. "You look great, definitely new. What other new things are we trying now?"

Guru wasn't the most socially aware at the best of times, it took Phoenyx getting up to join for his head to shift and then pull out Kaze and Mordechai taking together, popping a fry in his mouth as he watched that scene unfold for a second. Guru really couldn't add much more than the little he already had to the topics of relationships, he'd had few, they were poor, and all of them ended badly.

"I went with a Penicillin for the flavor. Should I get more table treats when I go and get everyone's shots? Awww but deep conversations are always better with a little push. But definitely a topic for another time." T He couldn't help but smile fondly at Aurora, though Crystals answer got a small nod from him. His grin fading but still present. "More often than not you'd be right. But steel needs fire to take shape." He stood up and shook his head, he needed to think about that some more. "Nothing gold can stay pony boy. Any requests while I get shots?" He pointed around at everyone, even over at Kaze, Mordechai and Phoenyx.

"No more excitement though buddy, please! Work is exciting." He laughed giving Corn a thumbs up before trying to remember what everyone requested as he'd get the drinks faster from the bar. Hearing Crystals parting words he couldn't help but smirk, leaving it to him was a bold choice. Would he choose delicious flavor or pure rocket fuel?

20. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread