Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Resurrectionists - Aid from Afar

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

At the Seneschal's suggestion, Mr. Holden gives the Seneschal a nod. “An excellent suggestion. I think the suite is far better than what we have to offer. We shall join you in your vehicle, Seneschal. I thank you for the generous offer.”
    “Madame McCabe will be joining us later, Seneschal.” Madame Hall replies. “There is another avenue that she is pursuing.”

QuoteQuote:
    She looks at the others then, ready to mobilize, "Anything else?" she asks.
    “No, ma’am. I believe we are set.”

The Nosferatu with the ugly facial features replies politely. “Matters will be much easier to discuss once we are in private.”
    The discrete glance to those around them. The two Kindred ladies, from earlier are still standing nearby. The first Kindred is short and dark skinned in an expensive black dress. The second one tall and blonde in a stylish red dress. As the Kindred stand, the ladies move out of Elysium, out into the night. The two visitors are polite and attentive as the Kindred move to vehicles. Mr. Holden remaining near Seneschal Jack, while Madam Hall falls into an easy walk beside Maeve. There is a pause as Madam Hall dons her hat and veil, hiding her attention-grabbing features. Mr. Holden recovers a large black bag from the coat check. Madame Hall continues to carry the tote sized bag that contained her hat and veil at Elysium.

Once the group is once again gathered together, this time in the suite that Jack has prepared, Madame Hall remains standing and addresses the group.

If someone wants to search the black bag

“Thank you for providing this space, Seneschal.”
    “I will be as brief as possible. I know a little history and I welcome questions. I will hope that some of you,"
    A glance moved among Connor, Milton and Maeve.
    "- are able to do some research in a hurry. We need to leave for the site first thing tomorrow night.
    We were sent here to solve a mystery dating back to the ‘40s. There is a former resident of this Domain who was a bit of a cult leader back in his nights. He stole mystic secrets from the Sanctified and the Acolytes alike and eventually went into hiding. Into Torpor.”
    She emphasizes the depth that this Kindred had taken. “He went into Torpor back in the '30s or '40s. But his hiding spot was lost, even by his own cult… until tonight.
    A former resident of this Domain sent my Sire some information. Mainly, a picture of the former Priest standing outside of a house in Sacramento. The date is right before he went into hiding. There was a note on the back of the picture, written by a ghoul who was in Pope’s cult.”
    She holds out a picture of a man standing outside of a house. She secures the photo and then pulls out a photocopy sheet, offering it to Jack.

To Jack CH Note.

I wouldn’t mention it earlier, yet Madame McCabe is pursuing the suitability of another. She had heard that there is a Mekhet who is known to be psychic and gather information from perhaps occult sources.” Her eyes find Maeve. “Priscus Quinn Durant. Would you think she would be a suitable candidate to join us, Madame Maeve?”

Madame Hall has taken over sharing information. Mr. Holden has set the bag down and opened it, withdrawing a fine-looking pad folio. The strikingly handsome Daeva remains quiet, looking over the expressions of the Kindred. As Madame Hall mentions Priscus Quinn, Mr. Holden looks over at Jack. He appears apprehensive.

2. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded to Milton's offer to follow but was indifferent to whom Maeve and Connor chose to ride with. Once they arrived at the suite, he listened as the coterie went straight to business. A part of him was perturbed at the unnecessary extra details, but it couldn't be helped at this point. Apparently they were not familiar with the concept of a 'minimum necessary standard'. He instinctively flips over the sheet, before going back to the obvious page with words and reading them over. Sensing a pause in the information he adds, "Her Grace, Prince Alessandra Antinori has taken a personal interest in this matter since it involves activity in the neighboring areas. We are the group who has been tasked with seeing this through. Since this is not a typical matter of Domain security, Her Grace is offering temporary access to Her Rack upon your success in recovering Mister Pope."

"Is this the only clue we have aside from the background information?"
    he wished to confirm before starting to dive in. He offered the sheet next to Milton. Madame Hall asking Maeve for her opinion on her Priscus was a bit of a surprise to Jacque after what he had shared in his letter. He thought he had been rather clear about her ability to aide in the matter, so there shouldn't be any further question of that- only the risk assessment. His brow had furrowed in focus on Madame Hall that he nearly missed the look from Mister Holden. "I trust you both had received the response I sent back with your ghoul?" He inquired. Might as well confirm there wasn't a hole in the information channels.

Blood Hunt:

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Of course, Ms. O'Ryan," Milton replies to Maeve, happy to offer her a ride to the new location. She will find his car, a black sedan, spotless (exterior and interior). As they drive, he will not force conversation on the Shadow, happy to listen to the Everly Brothers as they glide through the night.

Once in the room, Milton attends closely to the conversation. He takes out his phone and opens his notes app. Begins to take highly elliptical notes. Until Jacque passes him the message. He reads it closely and looks up, "Would it be possible for me to take a picture of this document?" he asks, already opening his phone's camera application. There does not appear to be compromising information contained in the missive, but it's always best to ask.

No matter the answer, he will also begin a cursory examination of the web using his phone's browser. Specifically for the names 'Rabbi Meil' and Arkwright (which he assumes to be the town in question).

1 success

"May I ask, why is the timeline so...abbreviated?" Is it simple impatience? Or are others on the trail of this, particular creature?
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve looks to Madam Hall with slight confusion. Psychic powers? Is that what we are calling Telepathy nowadays? Or am I just ignorant of what she does? She doesn't have Auspex, so she's never really considered it. Occult was more Conner's bag though.

"I guess Quinn would be fine, though I know she's been busy with other business," she says considering, "Conner Wells could possibly be more helpful, though. He's more into the books and the occult than Quinn is, from what I've seen. He is another Shadow."

"I've got both of their numbers if you want me to call one or the other," she offers, holding up her smartphone. She watches Milton vaguely as he types away on his own phone. She kind of thinks Conner really would be better suited for this.
    | BP 2

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt listens to all of the banter and questions being raised; however, these questions will do nothing to help them get inside of the head of the man they're trying to find. "Might I inquire as to what other information we have on the... asset... that we're trying to retrieve? Clan? Bloodline? I am aware he was Sanctified, but unfortunately that doesn't help much." He would be the first to admit, though, that research and investigation were not his strong suits. Though he could ask questions and hope it helps the others.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

“No, Seneschal. We have gathered a bit of information from the clues. Madam McCabe is guarding a box that will wake Pope from his Torpor. Mr. Holden?”
    He reached into his padfolio and passed out two copies of the map, one to Seneschal Jacque and one to Connor.
    “You can bring that document to the cemetery, Mr. Northbridge.”
    Madam Hall looks to Maeve.

“Someone is speaking with Priscus Durant to ascertain her suitability.”
    She looked to Jack. “Your information was relayed to our coterie. Priscus Durant was highly recommended for the group. While the others make plans for the cemetery or research, could you join me with Priscus Durant? You do know Priscus Durant.
    We do need to do some research on Arkwright Cemetery – it’s been added to for years. I have compiled some information on the Cemetery.”

Mr. Holden removed a plastic protective folder and passed each Kindred a packet of papers.
    Madam Hall continued. “Pope was decried as the Liar among the Sanctified. For he preached in Elysium for a few years. He attracted a cult following among some Acolytes. Forming their own cult, they moved off together. Pope taught the Acolytes forbidden Theban Sorcery. In turn, they taught him Cruac.
    Once it was common knowledge that he was teaching outside of the Church, a Bloodhunt was called. The Lancea Sanctum promised protection for anyone who turned the Liar over for a Trial. It was their prosecution that drove Pope’s followers to hide Pope’s Torpored body out in Arkwright Cemetery.
    In that your Clan mate, Mr. Wells, will likely wish to bring Pope into the Church for the trial, Madam Maeve. Word of the photograph has reached a vampire in the Lancea Sanctum. They have given the task of finding the Liar to a mercenary nomad called Vincenzo.”

Madam Hall looked to Milton. “We will be competing against Vincenzo in order to find Pope in Arkwright.”
    Mr. Holden looked to Mr. O’Brien. “Pope is of the Daeva line. That is all we know…”

Not nearly enough information.

Quote Originally posted by Milton:
    He will also begin a cursory examination of the web using his phone's browser. Specifically for the names 'Rabbi Meil' and Arkwright (which he assumes to be the town in question)
    Milton searches for Rabbi Meil, yet nothing comes up. Perhaps it is something obscure. Or something that will become apparent once Milton is at Arkwright Cemetery.
    Feel free to do a separate search for Arkwright.

The packet of papers

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack took a look over the map, before neatly stowing it within his vest's inner pocket. "Certainly," he responded to Madame Hall's proposal. It would nullify his concerns at least.

He glanced through the packet of papers, "The good news is nothing major would have changed about the layout until the late 80's, and even at that it would have been slowly until the 90's. Unless one of you have an in with City Hall I can try to see if we can get the permits from that time frame forward. Sifting through those would at least give us narrowed parameters for our search."

Blood Hunt:

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Thank you, Madame Hall," Milton replies as he accepts the packet of documents. With the air of someone accustomed to parsing large amounts of information, Milton begins to read, flipping through the pages with smart little gestures.

He raises an eyebrow with an audible, "Hmmmm..." Clearly thinking something through. He'd just been searching for information on Meil, but these new documents have provided a further clue. "Yes, it says here that the cemetery absorbed an older, Jewish burial ground early in its expansion. And the note," which he is still holding, "mentions a Rabbi Meil. Perhaps the writer began their search at the grave of that man. Which means we will likely need to start in the Jewish section of Arkwright ourselves..." He offers the note to Maeve, should she want to examine it.

His attention is turned to Jacque, "I am fairly well connected at City Hall, Seneschal Jacque." A respectful nod, "I'd be happy to put them at our disposal for the sake of this investigation."

As for the question of including Quinn, Milton keeps silent. He can see that she would be an asset here, but the decision is not his to make.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"Well... that would be awkward." She mentions about the Conner situation. It makes her want to see what his opinion on it all was. Does that put them at odds then basically? Shit. Who wants to be at odds in a mission with their... what are they? They aren't really a couple. They are just kind of... cuddle buddies? Talk trash and chill buddies? Except kind of occasionally kiss. Weirdness.

"Then yeah, I can relay info to her if you want or just tell her to contact you all."

She takes the note from Milton, examining it, "Ond? What is an Ond? Or am I misreading that? Brain says 'find', but that o is weird. And Ars Magna is that book on algebra, right?" She takes a moment to ponder the significance of that and whether there is something they're missing in relation to the content of the note. It's unlikely, but she thought she'd check. Maybe she'll get it later, but she wanted to make note of it too out loud.

Investigate the note - 3 Successes
    | BP 2

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor skims through the packet quickly, taking a look over the map that was handed to him as well. He would look in more detail on the drive to the Cemetery, to make sure the information was fresh in his mind. "I agree with Mr. Northbridge. Starting at the Jewish part of the cemetery makes sense, if all we have to go on is the name of a Rabbi."

The haunt catches the bit about things being awkward with Mr. Wells potentially opposing them. It could mean nothing though, so the tid bit of information will be filed away for later use.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread