Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Resurrectionists - Aid from Afar

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The good-looking blonde man with high cheekbones stood as Maeve approached and addressed the Kindred at the table.
    "Good evening, Madam O'Ryan. It's wonderful to meet you."Mr. Holden responds. "I am Mr. Elijah Holden, of the line Daeva. Soldier of the First Estate. This is my coterie mate, Madam Katrina Hall of the line Nosferatu."
    Madam Hall nodded to Maeve, smiling politely. "Good evening, Madam O'Ryan. Its good to meet you."
    She remained seated.
    "Miss anything? Oh no. It is we who are asking for your aid, Madam." The Nosferatu is quick to assure.
    ""I believe you are Independent, Madam? We are hoping for clever Kindred to assist us.” She gives a discreet glance around Elysium to give the impression that she did not wish to share specifics.

QuoteQuote:
    "Yes, I'm proficient in heavy lifting of a few sorts. Literal and metaphorical. I was intending to petition for the role of Soldier within the Domain myself, if it offers any indication."
    "Is this so? I would be happy to discuss that with you, if you wish." Mr. Holden replied to Connor, apparently sincere.
    The Nosferatu looked to Mr. Milton Northbridge and Mr. O'Brien.
    “You have a location, Mr. Northbridge? That would be most helpful. Yes, an excellent suggestion, Mr. Northbridge."
    The Nosferatu looked to Connor and Maeve.

"We brought the message to give an idea of what we are asking you to assist us with, without sharing the details with the entire room." She attempted some discretion, yet Elysium had no privacy.
    "It is sensitive information.” Madam Hall emphasized.

“There is the place where we are staying that we can head to if need be.”

If Maeve and Connor OBrien do open the envelope, they find a short message within.

Madam Maeve and Mr. Northbridge:
    We have recieved word that you may be able to help us in a time sensitive investigation. There is an important figure rumored to be buried in a town outside of Sacramento. This individual stole mystic secrets from the Sanctified and the Circle of the Crone alike. Some months ago, a black-and-white photograph of our quarry was discovered in an antique frame by Mr. Kowalsic in a town outside of Sacramento. Needless to say, if the First Estate is the one to recover him, we would enjoy largesse.
    We require aid from those who can solve puzzles, enigmas and others who can handle the heavy lifting involved. Are you interested? Needless to say, we can share the sensitive details only to those who are interested and can carry out this recovery over the next three evenings.
    Seneschal Jack has the details as of a few months ago. We have it on good authority that Seneschal Jack shall be contacted with additional information very soon. When you have made all neccessary preparations for the task of recovering a Torpid Kindred and preparations to be able to leave town, it would be prudent to meet with Seneschal Jack as soon as possible.
    Lady Elizabeth Hall, of the line Nosferatu

OOC term

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque made his way through the population of Elysia and approached the familiar group. He was dressed much like any other time, a sharp suit and this night with a deep purple tie and a gold tie tack.

"Good evening," He smiled, seeing those in attendance and held a lingering gaze to Milton, seemingly waiting for something to occur.

Jack has his normal phone and a burner. He's also driven one of his SUVs here since he's done some shopping. Up to you if you want me to declare what junk is in his trunk now, or if we'd be able to pick up other items before a cutaway scene to the investigation site.

Blood Hunt:

3. Likes liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

At Jacque's approach, Milton stands smartly, bowing to his fellow Lord. When he's straightened, he glances back to their guests.

"Allow me to introduce Mr. Jacque, Seneschal of Sacramento and Priscus of the Ventrue." His gaze returns to Jacque, "Seneschal Jacque, this is Mr. Elijah Holden of the line Daeva and Madame Katrina Hall of the line Nosferatu, Kindred of Quality."

Once again, Milton steps away from his seat, clearly offering the Seneschal his chair. If Jacque accepts his place at the table, Milton will remain standing for the time being.

Again, sorry for the double post. Milton has certain duties he has to fulfill. Please feel free to skip me next round.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

5. Likes liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve inwardly cringes at being called Ms. O'Ryan over and over again. Why can't people just call her Maeve? At least Ms. Maeve gets close enough. Inward sigh. "Lovely to meet you, Madam Hall, Mr. Holden."

She takes the letter and gets a good read. Her beast continues grumbling at the weakness in the room and she has to push it back. Not tonight, asshole. No one needs your bitching tonight. We'll feed later.

Jackie boy enters and Milton shuffles to introduce him. Freaking Seneschal. Maeve gives a bow as he enters as to not screw up protocol. "Seneschal."

She doesn't sit quite yet. "Going to a more private location is doable, especially given your concern." She offers a faint smile, trying to be personable for once, and then looks to the others, gathering their opinions.
    | BP 2

7. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Welcome, Madam Maeve." The haunt says, offering her the same respect as an Invictus who has gone through Manumission, yet still honoring her wish to just be called Maeve. "I know you prefer us to just use your first name, but that means something entirely different to a member of the First Estate. I won't take time from the meeting to explain, but my door is always open should you have some surface level questions, Madam Maeve."

From there he turns his attention back to Mr. Holden. ​"Given the time, Mr. Holden, I would enjoy taking a moment to pick your brain on what you believe the duty and function of the role truly entails. If for no other reason than to make sure it is something that I truly wish to pursue."

Finally, the Seneschal enters, and the Haunt stands and moves into a deep bow. "Good evening, Seneschal, I hope the night finds you well."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

9. Likes , liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

At the Seneschal's approach, Mr. Holden who was still standing from Maeve's approach, performs a deep bow to the Seneschal. Madame Hall stands and performs a deep curtsy to the Seneschal. As Mr. Northbridge fulfills the proper introductions, Soldier Holden gives Northbridge a nod of approval.
    “Seneschal, good evening. It is a pleasure to have the opportunity to meet you.” Madame Hall greets Jack.
    “Seneschal.” The striking Daeva greets respectfully, head bowed a moment.
    The two newcomers nod slightly to Maeve, indicating that they were actively listening to her. Madame Hall extends a hand and recovers the notecard, securing it in her clutch.
    “Then it’s a plan, Mr. O’Brien. I can certainly find the time after our excursion.” Mr. Holden replies to Mr. O’Brien. The two newcomers remain standing, expressions of polite interest on their faces.

The suggestion of moving to a private area for a more productive conversation in the air, it seemed the visitors were waiting.
    What time sensitive mission could have spurred traveling from St. Louis? Travel was a dangerous risk and difficult under the best of circumstances.
    Maeve and Milton had the information that they were expected to carry out this mysterious recovery over the next three evenings. They would need to make arrangements. What sort of arrangements shall they make? What did they need to ask in order to know what equipment they would need to gather and what inquiries they should make with allies? Or if they needed to ask other Kindred in the city for specific information.

Seneschal Jack did note that the letter from Lady Hall, Madame Hall's Sire, had mentioned three members in the coterie. There were only two present here.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Likewise," the Lord responded to Madame Hall. He nodded to the other greetings.

"I believe I overheard you had a location to discuss off-site," he inquired. "Not knowing your arrangements, I booked a suite in case it was needed." A shrug of his shoulder, "I am not particular about where we go next to speak freely, but we should start moving. My vehicle can bring us all to whichever location if needed." Not being sure who drove or walked.

He hums in thought for a moment, "Will Madam McCabe be joining us?"

Blood Hunt:

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

The introductions made, Milton stays silent for the moment, watching the exchange between the gathered parties.

Connor's evident interest in the position of soldier is somewhat interesting, though not truly shocking.

Meanwhile, Maeve appears to be behaving herself, which is a good sign. Quinn had warned that her safety was top priority over the phone. And Milton does not want to disturb his burgeoning rapprochement with the Priscus of Shadows.

The Lord returns Mr. Holden's nod, feeling a rush of pride at the approval. Hoping that Jacque also found his introduction adequate. But knowing that his Priscus is not likely to reveal his thoughts one way or another until good and ready. A trait that Milton respects.

At Jacque's offer of his vehicle: "Thank you, Seneschal Jacque. I also drove tonight, so I can follow behind in my own car, in case we should need more than one vehicle later in the evening." After all, if the message brought by this Odd Couple is to be believed, an adventure is very much afoot.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

There is a slight surprise at Connor's words, but an appreciation that he's willing to at least use her first name as a compromise with the 'miss'. "I appreciate that, Mr. O'brien." She almost calls him Connor though. It would be so easy to slip into that. "Perhaps at some point I will take up that offer."

"Welp. Seneschal said it. If he's got a space for us, I'm good to get moving. I also drove here, but I'm happy to hop into someone else's car to make things easier." She looks at Milton, "Perhaps I can hop in yours?" She offers a sweet smile that doesn't come off as overly predatory.

She looks at the others then, ready to mobilize, "Anything else?" she asks.

If all are in agreement on leaving, she will head to the door, preferably somewhere behind the seneschal so that she does not appear to be 'leading'. Fuck that shit. She wants nothing to do with leadership like that. And it might be seen as rude. She's trying for Jennifer's sake. Not Quinn's, even though it benefits her too.
    | BP 2

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt gives Maeve a small nod of the head. "I will look forward to it, Madam Maeve."

He stands, taking a small step away from the table, and crosses his arms behind his back as he waits for further instruction. With the Seneschal here, there will be no opportunity to take the lead; tonight he is simply a pawn, hoping to show his worth by following orders. "I drove as well, but I fear my engine will sabotage any attempt we have at being subtle. I will ride with whoever has space." His gaze shifts from all who are gathered as he stands waiting, though lingering on Maeve for a half second longer than the others. He still isn't sure what the Mekhet was capable of, but only time would tell.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

15. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread