(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"If I were her, after that mishap with Meg, I would find a way to make sure it couldn't happen again, which would be to her advantage. No more possible backstabbings within her ranks. At least, not to a particular degree." Coming from the scene she came from before, Cassandra isn't unfamiliar with the process.

Cassandra listens and the her eyebrows raise, emerald eyes widening, "I'm sorry, did you say Fetch-Forging? You think she's forging fetches?" It wouldn't be far off. Taking humans and leaving fetches in their place in order to harvest glamour from them for the fruits. Terrifying. "If she were, I suppose anyone she takes wouldn't cause a large disturbance... other than being utterly disturbing."

She shakes her head again, "Sorry. Yes. You're right. Why don't we sit down with some coffee and while we do that, I'll write up what I have." It really does help that she took naps while he worked. Poor thing didn't have that luxury. "Where do you keep it? I'll get it brewing. You should take some time to stretch yourself awake."

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods slowly. "I agree. Unfortunately, I cannot say for sure if she would do the same. I... suspect the lines between reality and imagination are more blurred for her than most. It makes responses less than predictable... but if she retains that reason and knows of the Wyrdstones... it is possible."

The Flowering coughs and drinks more water. "Yes. It is a rumour, I admit... but one I find all too easy to believe. It is... not unheard of for a changeling to slip too far and begin to walk the path of the Gentry. The deeper one dives into our magic, our powers... it can make us less and less human. It is not beyond reasoning that we can learn.... distasteful talents." He sighs heavily, rubbing his eyes.

He chuckles. "None in here. The Hollow looks fine but it is lacking in... home comforts. Back outside, in Edna's kitchen." He stands slowly this time, cartalige clickign and popping. "I'm fine. Truly." The charming smile comes back to him easily.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

4. Likes , liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods, absorbing that information. Something to really process later as she considers more about Ann. Maybe she's been too fixated lately. There is nothing that bothers her more than having an enemy that she doesn't have proper intel on."Mm, if I'm going to be studying in here with you, there at least needs to at least be a tea area in here," she teases a little bit.

"Okay, well if you are sure you are fine, I'll believe you." No sense in continuing to harp on it if he insists that he's fine.

Cassandra looks stands up and stretches a little herself before looking down at her notes, "All right. Ready for a debrief? This is my chicken scratch summary from my research and we'll combine it with yours in a more refined entry."

She picks up her notebook, yawning a little bit. "When we think of Dragons throughout history, we think about these fantastical, majestic beasts with their hoards of treasures. It would be no surprise to find Dragons being so close to Faerie themselves.

"According to the accounts of Hobdiggers and Wizened Miners, they found these small, seemingly organic tunnels that were already hollowed out within the petrified corpses of a Dragon. These tunnels could have been hollow bones, however they were more likely to be arteries that had dried up and allowed them to reach the heart. The heart itself is where the Wyrdstone is mined.

"The Wyrdstone has a pulse like a still beating heart..."

"And that's where I left off for the moment. We can add more detail from there based on what you've gathered. It kind of fits perfectly, the mundane notes to the supernatural portion of it." She sets down her notebook and looks around a little.

"Is there a particular journal you wish to put this all in? Something to keep it all in one place?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

She draws out a chuckle. "I suppose you're right. I've had to put more work inot the space and wards, so it meant comfort has suffered a little."

He nods. "Lets."

The Autumn's eyes close as he listens. As Cassandra reaches the end, he nods, opening his eyes slowly. ".... which follows the pulse of the leader of the community the Wyrdstone is bound to." A small smile touches his lips. "I like it. But I also don't think we should commit our research to a single location. We both have done the research. It's only fair that we both have copies. I have my research notes - a collection of projects in one of the journals." He waves a hand lazily at the book. "I assume you've kept notes of where you found your research? I can write up my experiences with the contract on the stone. I... condensed it. The contract is a very... intimate experience."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

7. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

She gives a humored smile and takes a moment to add that note. They'll continue to add to it anyway, of course.

"I agree." It'll go perfect in the Winter archive. "I have. One must keep a catalogue of references when you do research." Something she has always been very diligent about. "I stuck pieces of papers in them in case we needed to quick reference them on the immediate side." She references her own stack of books that had been sitting on the table to the side of her spot, a few pieces of paper visibly sticking out from the tops. Always careful with parchment.

"Based I what I saw as you were at it, it looked all encapsulating. Your entire being was into it. Based on the amount of hours, I'm even less surprised there is more. I look forward to the less condensed version."

"With the Wyrdstone connected to the Monarchs, their heartbeats, I wonder if there are any other secondary effects of it. Or, rather, anything else it gets a feel for within the Monarch, it's changes when the leadership is passed. Things we can study over time if they haven't already been noted." Another thought pops into her mind that she doesn't entirely like. If a leading Monarch is ever in trouble and finds themselves killed, by the pulse of the Wyrdstone, they'd likely see that reflected in the Wyrdstone too.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes looks slowly over her notes, as if noticing the added bookmarks for the first time. Gold is still receding from his eyes. "Ah! Excellent."

He looks back to the Stone. "It is.... ineffable," he says tiredly. "As.... as if your very consciousness is no longer in your body, instead weaving and pressing and opening another form. But... any others I have tried are far smaller and less complex. It is... an art, interpreting colours, textures... sensations..." His voice slipping into quiet reverence. "The information is there, some given, some requiring knowledge, some needing guesswork... one of the purest forms of occultism...." He shakes his head a little, rousing himself. "I.... will write it up. I should do that now. I might forget something if I sleep."

He shakes his head. "I don't believe so. Theoretically, I don't think it even needs to be a Monarch to bind the Wyrdstone. We did so because there are intrinsic magics that protect a Freehold passed, from Monarch to Monarch as the Seasons turn, and thus share the burden. The Wyrdstone has no tie to this cycle... only the collective. The connections do not create sympathy such that they might be used to wield magics along them. They are more about the whole, a binding and unity. Though... I suppose watching the heart might offer insight into the current binder's state. Queen Circe, for example, seems calm at this moment. Certainly not in any activities requiring increased heart rate. At the very least, we know that she is very much alive."

10. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Oh, I didn't think it was because they were monarchs specifically. Just, that's what you are." She watches the Wyrdstone for a long moment, gazing at the pulse of it as it sits there idle, calm. That's Circe. An odd thought to consider. And when it is Winter, it's John's heart. How much more does it flutter?

She grabs one of the journals Rhodes had referenced as being one he writes in and sets a writing utensil next to it on the table. "It's nice though. A secondary binding that isn't quite a pledge in the same way. An outside source that protects us differently along the changes of the Season." Another thought, "If it doesn't feel anything else within the leader, I suppose that would also mean it likely didn't feel something wrong then when the cycle was disrupted. That would go with our original thoughts, I believe. This felt stable and strong even though the Winter cycle was disrupted."

Cassandra is the kind of intellectual that questions and muses, a never ending curiosity. Something to add to the journal, however. She'll want to separate the source facts from her own slight conjecture. One could hope her findings were accurate and not overly biased in her own formulations of opinions, but when one writes, it can be hard to do so.

"Anything I can do to help or do you need the space for now?" She says, her hip leaning against the table while she holds her own journal in her hands.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods once and moves around to sit back in the seat, groaning lightly. "It was a rare find indeed," he agrees, opening the journal and picking up the pen. He starts to write in a neat cursive. "It is possible. However, the cycle broke before the Wyrdstone was found and bound. We may never know. It is a fascinating conjecture, but risking the cycle is all I can think that would truly test the theory, and after last time..." The Dread Lord trails off, an unbidden shiver running through his body. "I suspect you are correct, however. Though both the stone and the Cyclic magic of the courts protect, it is in differing, non-intersecting ways. The stone cares about the collective - whatever that may be - while the Courts are for the changelings."

The Flowering looks back at the paragraph he has produced, scowls, and draws a line through the last two sentences. "Mmmm? Oh... I suspect there is little more to be gained for the time being than collating our notes. We could always return fresh later. It was... pleasant, having someone to bounce the ideas off." Perhaps it is the tiredness, but the Fairest seems to be expressing most genuine thoughts. "This.... may take a while. I certainly would not begrudge you if you wished to return home, rest... shower." He tugs at his own collar, feeling the starting of stubble already growing on his face. "I will certainly be doing so, once I have a sufficient first draft to paper."

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

If she knows anything about other scholars, it is that they need their space once it is time to write down findings. It was easy for her, simply moving to another section of the library when it was time for her to go deeper in on those texts from the miners and hobs, writing down sources and quotes.

She nods, an arm hanging down while the other crosses over and holds it, "I've gotten a little sleep, but yes, I haven't had much a chance to do much else." Her sketches of the stone still bother her though. All that time spent for something that pitifully passes as okay. At least, by her standards. By others, it is actually quite good. Not masterful, but good.

"I feel the same. It's refreshing." Often her nerd-ing over research in the past has gotten her weird looks. It's hard to find people who get it. Well, hard outside Autumn. She relaxes her arms then, "If you need me, just step out and call. I'm not too far a drive away. And for interesting findings, I have a hard time resisting anyway," she gives a faint smile, "Let me know when you are ready to come together again and start piecing together the final draft."

I think this is a good place to wrap up. It's been a super cool scene finally getting to do some studying!

15. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord smiled. "Refreshing? I take it you haven't been able to find many people to share your curiousities. If you know where to look, there are plenty of people who will."

Definately should have been an Autumn.

"That is very kind. I'll be sure to let you know if I'm looking into anything else. Most likely something to prepare for actively moving against Ann. If you come up with any ideas, just let me know." He stands. "Here, let me see you out."

With Cassandra gone, he returns to the journal, and slowly picks up the pen.

All wrapped up! Thanks for a fun scene

17. Likes , liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread