Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
PRP - Paranoia - S

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

A mote of light flickers from her hand, slowly suffusing a soft luminescence and promising to become something... more.
    "You want to explore the world? Wouldn't you be on the lookout for a better host?"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Hm, does anybody clean between these garages? And what's that furry thing flying this way?

DOOOOOOOODGE!

Gohan Sonnie leaned back just as the ball of hair and claws went sailing past. She blinked in surprise.

"Whoa! Easy, kitty!"
    Rubbing her cheek, she turned to look at the aggressive creature. She really should learn to speak cat sometime. They probably see more stuff than dogs.

Then both feline and canine were gone. Running off as their species were wont to do. She almost started to chase after them, but the alleyway still had her attention.

Why am I going into this small space?

Why am I investigating a pile of garbage?

Why am I taking out my staff and jabbing at it?

Life is full of mysteries. Best to poke them with a stick.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The stick reveals some candy wrappers, an old sactown magazine, and some rat poop.

"I do want to explore. She is like me now, she is scared. She is comfortable. We go together and see all. See all, and know all, and be safe. You are Aberration, you worthless." The shadows slide across her face, and she doesn't even react. When it pulls away, does her skin seem darker? The gloom makes it hard to tell.

"You break things, and you don't fix things. You can try to fix things, but how can you fix a..." She struggles with the words, "You were reliable, dependable. You showed your true colors, you are none of those. You are the dog that bites the hand." She glares at Ram, fear in her eyes.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram ignored the gloom, he had his mission. Fix the necklace, once the Fairest was done... doing whatever she was doing, that's what Frances had said could fix this.

"A dog bites when it's scared or hurt. I'm scared for you. It hurt to see my team fall apart when you were leaving. I'm sorry I lashed out. I thought I was helping. I still trying to help. I'm here. Tell me what it is and how it works. I'll try to fix it."
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

(Spring 1, Gift of Warm Breath)Glamour 1 Spent
    FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

It made sense. She was scared and week, the signs of deprivation clear under her eyes. Easy prey for whatever that THING... was.
    She could attempt to meddle with her desires, overwrite them, but wouldn't that be too invasive, and besides, they were in uncharted territories.
    Or she could attempt to restore Frances to a semblance of health.
    Yellow and green sparks arise through the air, channelled directly into the woman, in an attempt to both soothe and revivify her, hopefully bolstering her effort to combat the insidious monster plaguing her.
    She looks at Ram, nodding at him.

5 successes
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Life was often a series of disappointments. This was one more in a long line.

After staring at the scattered pile of crap for a moment, Sonnie let out a soft sigh and turned about. She scooted her way out of the alley, her hedgespun staff shortening itself at her mental command before she tucked back out of sight.

Shedding her momentary annoyance, the Beast pushed herself back into her usual upbeat attitude and went back towards Frances' house. Chasing after the dog and cat sounded fun, but they were probably a block or two away by now and running after them would draw more attention than she wanted.

At least Ram and Titania were likely having a dull time of it right now. She should probably save them from the boredom.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Ram, please roll Presence + Empathy, +2 bonus for your words, +1 from warm breath

Frances takes a deep breath, and a little bit of the darkness fades.

"You cannot steal her. She mine. You had opportunity, fleshlings, you lost. Leave." The darkness speaks, agitated. Titania and Ram see that the darkness has faded, and then there is a spark of light, and a single eye open in the darkness. White sclera with a pitch black pupil, then another eye opens, and another and another.
    "I see you now."

Sonnie quickly loses hearing of the dog and cat, and returns back to the locked house. She hears murmurs from inside.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

2 successes

failure

Ram looks to Titania and nods towards the door. He'd done what he could and he couldn't exactly fight this thing from what he knew about it. They needed to retreat. Fix the necklace. Try to find out how it could be driven off. And with it's words he was afraid it might attack them with no way for them to fight back.

It did not seem like they were going to win this words.

I'm good to leave and close if Titania is.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

For the first time, Ram sees a different emotion on Frances' face. Its not the fear that has crowded her since this whole thing began, but a flicker of hope.
    "He's right. He should get a chance to fix it, to try to make it right." She says to the eyes.

"No. You are mine. Sunrise we will be one, his plan irrelevant."
    And then the fear is back on her face,
    "No. I'm not ready." She says, desperate. but she doesn't move her body. or can't move her body.

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

Titania

Mien

Titania

Mantle

(Goblin Illumination - Bright One)Glamour 1 Spent
    FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

Before they depart, she decides to leave Frances a parting gift. Something to stave off the darkness, that's it, until they return with a more permanent solution.
    The light suffusing from her body takes a globular form, floating in the middle of room until it rests on the ceiling.
    "We'll be back soon".
    Hopefully it will be enough to comfort Frances and keep the monster at bay.
    And with that, she joins Ram.
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread