Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
PRP - Paranoia - S

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

And still… nothing. What the fuck Titania?!

She was talking… IT was talking,… without moving its/her mouth.

What was he supposed to do? How could he fix this? How could the Fairest even fix this?!

His mind was spinning,.. figuring. Small god? Weak spirit? What could he do?

His lip retracted for a second. A threat. A disgust.

ANGER.

“Hurt?!... Maybe,” His fists clenched.

“But It cant tell what’s real. I… I didn’t mean to hurt you… I…,” How did he explain to It. To her “Things aren’t always plain and simple. I was trying to help.” His tone changed. The anger was still there but there was more as he remembered (relived) his actions.

“I wanted to help.” His voice caught. He looked for a moment to the Fairest but it held little hope that she would understand at this point. So instead, he looked back to… It “You’re… It’s hurting you…,”

He was half seconds away from acting. What happened next… would he… could he… save Frances from whatever this was. This shadow. This ‘friend’ that showed dolls and monsters.

Titania had been afraid that the Autumns would attack. Had she been right?

1 success

failure

Sometimes there was no answer
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"It can tell whats real. It showed me that I was alone. That everyone was after me. No one was helping me. It showed me the truth, and in response you showed me your true colors. It helped me, its good!" She exclaimed, slamming her fist on the table.
    There is a sibilant shriek from next to her.
    "Sorry." She murmurs, then turning back to you, "It helps me. And your help is far worse than its hurt."

"You are fearmaker. You are trouble. You are bad. You should go, aberrations." the voice hisses.

Sonnie and Butch have a grand tie tearing down the alleyway, and there is indeed a a lone cat who arches its back in fear at the sight of you, before backing into a narrow passageway between a pair of garages.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She blinks, once, twice. Finally the light of the room coming back to her sight, washing away the vision she just had.
    Her attention returns to the room, to Frances, to what she's saying.
    "No, we are not", she states coldy. And finally her light pitted against the darkness, revealing the skulking shade.
    "Now, would you be so kind to introduce us to your friend? The shadowy one?"
    No point in keeping up the pretense, the cat was out of the bag, and what cat it was. Now they needed to determine the extend of the damage, and what could be recovered, if at all.

3 successes

1 success
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Did she feel bad about scaring the cat? Sure, a little. Sonnie had no interest in actually harming the feline, of course. She was just entertaining her new dog friend.

Maybe I should learn to speak cat?

Curious monkey that she was, Sonnie peered into the narrow passage between the garages. Was the kitty okay?
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Sonnie, roll wits+composure to detect an ambush

She quails under the light of Titania, and the shadowy presence shifts and moves behind her.

"This is my friend. He has a name, but I can't pronounce it."

"Gargrimur Puhclo Reshdat." The being speaks. The sound of the language scares you. not like the fae. That is the fear of the other. This is a different fear, the fear of the dear before the wolf's growl, the gazelle before the lion's roar.

"

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

“People were helping. I saw them asking how you were! That was real. Just because you turned it away doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.” Ram was frustrated. How did you tell some the truth when they were so obviously misled?

“You feel scared. You feel sure you know what’s real. What would I have to do to show you I’m doing my best to help you?”

And while Ram was a loss verbally, mentally something finally clicked. A name to this thing. Finally.
    4 successes

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

A brief flash of insight and concern traverses her face, as her gaze meets Ram's own.
    She's heard of that name somewhere, that's for certain, and she knows it means nothing good for them, but especially for Frances.
    A predator, she shudders at the thought.
    "A pleasure to meet you", she says with a fake smile and her friendliest tone, not daring to repeat the being's name for fear of it clinging upon herself.
    "What brings you here?"
    And altough she doesn't know much about demons and whatnot, she's smart enough to know politeness and protocol always keep the doors open.

5 successes

5 successes
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

1 success

Wits 4 + Composure 2
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

failure

Sonnie follows the cat, who jumps out, claws flashing! She hisses and scratches at Sonnie.

Fortunately, the feline is too scared to strike successfully, and aside from some superficial cuts to her cheek, she is unharmed. The cat streaks past her and runs down the sidewalk, and Butch gives chase.
    The hidden way between the garage dead ends against a fence, and sonnie can see some trash has built up in the corner.

Titania and Ram have heard many stories over the years. Sometimes the stories mention things, things alien and strange to human understanding, but not coming from across the hedge. stray monsters who appear and disappear at their will, who cannot be killed, but only driven off. They also know they have few rules to follow, doing as they please with little to stop them. Titania does recall that they supposedly each have their own weakness that they cannot abide.

She looks at Ram, shaking her head.
    "I do, and you would have to have been kind. You struck me. You broke what I had. How can you fix whats broken?"

The shadow slides over France's shoulder and moves toward Titania, stopping while still keeping a hold on Frances.
    "Is it? Aberration. You should go. I am here to explore. No one stop me, so I came."
    Its voice grinds and hitches, coming from different places in the shadowy mass.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Appear and disappear at will? A thing that couldn’t be killed? How were they even supposed to drive it off if it had so few rules it had to follow?

The anger flared. He hadn’t. Had he? Either the thing was making her misremember or his clarity was getting the better of him.

“I can’t change the past,” he said, trying not to imagine if he had hit her. What that would mean. “And I don’t know if I can fix it. Breaking things is in my nature,” he leaned forward his elbows on his knees, his brow furrowed, doing his best to ignore the shadow thing. Talk only to her and look into her eyes. “But I can try.”

There was the necklace. The prison for a small god. Yet Frances had started to be affected even before it had been broken. What could he do to? He looked to Titania for some hint she might have a handle on the situation more than he did. Maybe… maybe the necklace had never been broken before. Not shattered but if it was supposed to hold this thing, it had certainly not done that. Maybe, fixing it could fix this. Maybe, hopefully, deep down that was what Frances was asking him to do.

He wasn't sure how Titania was going to take that aberration comment though.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread