Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
PrP TRoS The Scop's Tale

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer notes the Archon’s smile and returns it. The Lady notes the Seneschal’s smile, and gives him a nod, understanding.
    Jennifer makes note of the aps on the phone, deciding to check if there are any history on the first ap that would show the path that the raiders have taken. Noting the contacts that could be helpful, Jennifer discreetly takes photos of the contacts with her own phone – just in case the phone had an unknown program. This could be very valuable. Jennifer then shut down the phone, removing its pings in case the raiders had allies or technical know-how. Jennifer secures Dane’s phone on her person. The Nosferatu recoded the pin in her own phone before slipping it away.
    QuoteQuote:
    "Media has been handled. Only I wish to mention I wasn't the only one doing the handling. It would please my professional instincts to discover who.” The laptop closes with a click. "This will be sufficient to pick up the trail later." Edward will go with the group to the scene.
    Jennifer recalled that someone had been helping with the cover up – and Edward’s remarks about the raiders’ hiding their activity with graffiti. She made a note to check in with her contacts soon the following evening to see if there was a pattern.
    Jennifer made additional notes as Dane gave more information – Will, gathering info from nomads. How accurate was the info from nomads?
    He’s not lying but there is some spin. Especially when he looks or almost looks at Addy, you suspect he’s leaving out details. This is something Jennifer wants to follow up on. Jennifer resumes her seat at her table, her gaze on the prisoner. She is trusting Connor's focus on Addy.

“You seem preoccupied with my cousin Mr. Addy,” Jennifer observed to Mr. Dane. With Seneschal Jack and the Archon here, she gives them a discreet glance as she speaks to see if they object. Her brown eyes turn to focus on Dane, studying his body as he responds.
    “- why the concern about him?

If Erle wants to make a sacrifice somewhere with trees and Geir wants to continue sailing down the river through the day, who wins out? Which is in charge?”

Is there a clear hierarchy? Perhaps there could be some disorganization they could take advantage of.

1 success
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"That is correct, Seneschal," Edward confirmed the lack of fight.

The interrogation continued. There were interesting questions, an ocean of contextual clues to immerse in, but it was the echo of 'lose my life and my mind' that painfully owned Edward's thoughts.

Anyone would want to defect, assuming they could want to defect. But, if Geir was able to own Martha like that, then why not Casper? Or was it like Entrancement? Maybe it became less effective with every usage?

I need to make more of an effort with the Occult...

4. Likes , Ruach, liked this post

One hour till dawn. The risk of hitting morning traffic, any sort of delay, or entering the twilight hours before the rise now makes it dangerous to travel to other locations. The day sleep is coming.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor stands as the Seneschal and Archon enter, quickly giving Addy a look as if to say, 'stay put.' He gives both officials a bow. "Seneschal Jack, Archon Twist." The haunt gives them both the respect inherent of their status, then sits; once more placing a hand in Addy's shoulder.

With his free hand, he pulls out his phone and opens a google page, where he searches 'Norse Mythology, Loki's Weapon' and begins to cross reference different pages.

1 success
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

8. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap stands ready. He's not overly concerned about the approaching dawn; he can sleep securely in any patch of dirt or stone or water for that matter, though he'd rather not test that last one too often.

He listens and watches silently, observing the relations between the ones in the room, and paying attention to any sounds from outside of it too. He remembers everything, though nothing seems to strike him as being particularly interesting or significant.

1 success

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

After offering greeting gestures in return to those gathered that she knew, Twist moved to the outskirts of the room.

She was called for martial back up. Right now there were no punches being thrown. Skin being sliced and diced. It clearly wasn't time for her skill set. Yet.

And from the tingling in her mind she hoped that if that yet was to be, that it would be soon.

This was no hotel room mid Blood Hunt.

There was no Ishani here.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

12. Likes , , Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack was waiting on a response to the last round of questions (the ones from Hazelton), but after those answers if any he'd do the following.

Jack heard his affirmation, and where the words were true there was something else lingering in Dane's mind. Nothing nefarious on his part, but troubling none the less. He glances at his watch. No time to dive. Not even time to relocate.

"Very good. For your honesty, I'll return the gesture and be direct with you. Your best chance... your only chance at survival is aiding us to a successful apprehension of your former comrades. Until then, you're still party to an attack on this Domain which led to the end of one of our Kindred." No doubt through interrogation Dane had already been bullied and pressured through the evening, but there was still a sting of seriousness in the Lord's voice.

3 successes to verbal threats

Jack looked to Dirt Nap, handing him the FOB to his vehicle, "In the trunk you'll find something we'll need. I trust you'll know what to do."

The only thing in the trunk is the stake.

Blood Hunt:

14. Likes , , Ruach liked this post

Dane meets Milton’s glance. He can almost see the beast in the man’s eyes that wants to tear him apart.

In response to Jennifer’s question he responds “I’m not sure I trust Mr. Addy not to try and kill me, no matter what is officially decided.” She can’t tell how truthful he is, if her cousin’s curse mixed with animosity is truly worrying Dane, or if he’s just trying to use the Nosferatu’s curse to his advantage. Either could explanation could be true.

“Erle will get want she wants,” he said confidently “Geir can convince she wants something else... sometimes, but the decision will be hers. She’s in charge, she gives the orders, he makes the plan and carries it out.” He seemed confident but even within his explanation there left some doubt which decision the raiders would make.

1 success

Connor

Dirt Nap

“Yes, sir,”
    was all Dane said when told he would have to face his former comrades. He did his best to hide his fear. Some of Jack himself but more… he trusted that they would kill him if they didn’t and that there was no arguing. But then... this was the choice he'd made as soon as he ditched out of the car.
    failure

Six days to the thirty-day mark. Once we hit zero, all Kindred will need to roll Humanity if they try to stay awake. Failure means you succumb to the day sleep. Success means you will get one more round to post, exceptional success means two round, but after that the scene will close.

16. Likes , , Ruach liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

As Jacque impresses upon Dane the stakes of the situation, which are precisely those previously identified by Milton, he surpasses the urge to smile. He'd warned their...guest. Now it should all be very real.

His betters have taken the interrogation firmly in hand, freeing Milton up to investigate other angles. He discreetly removes his phone from his pocket and starts looking into any sites where old growth, or very mature, trees can be found in Sacramento. Especially along either the Sacramento or American rivers. He trolls through a variety of sites in the process: Sacramento ecological and preservation societies, google maps (where he patiently scrolls along the course of each river, looking for green space), and the Sacramento Department of Parks and Recreation homepage (among others).

Show me the Trees! 1 success

Of course, he can't help but notice the time. It's alarming.

A quick text to Priscus Hazelton, who seems likely to host their party for the day and has already offered sanctuary:

I am looking into old growth forests along the river. Perhaps Ms. Wood might have some suggestions for sites to target tomorrow evening? In the meantime, can I help you prepare in any way for the day ahead?

Please let me know how I should proceed with Milton's research roll-wise. Should the action be extended? He'll keep looking into possible sacrificial sites while the conversation unfolds.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

18. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer notes the busy thumbs of Milton and Connor. “There’s a powerful desktop computer in the bedroom, you are welcome to use it.” She invites.
    The Nosferatu suspects that she would have more luck, yet she is pleased with Mr. O’Brien and Mr. Northbridge’s initiative and does not wish to stamp out their enthusiasm. Dark eyes glance to Dirt Nap, checking her friend was not attempting to communicate anything. Her eyes return to the prisoner. As the Seneschal speaks, she remains alert. His choice of words was precise, she notes with approval. Watching the prisoner’s body for betrayals of his composure, signs of dishonesty. Yet as she allows her peripheral to retain her domain awareness, she notes many are watching the prisoner.
    She discreetly turns her head and watches Addy as Dane speaks.

QuoteQuote:
    In response to Jennifer’s question he responds “I’m not sure I trust Mr. Addy not to try and kill me, no matter what is officially decided.” She can’t tell how truthful he is, if her cousin’s curse mixed with animosity is truly worrying Dane, or if he’s just trying to use the Nosferatu’s curse to his advantage. Either could explanation could be true.
    Checking for any signs that Addy has been dishonest. His Curse was unfortunate. She instinctively wanted to envelop Addy in the protection owed to Family, yet she was ambivalent. Something seemed off about his involvement. The prisoner’s answer could be why the prisoner was responding to Addy. Perhaps he did think he would meet Final Death, in an unsanctioned act of revenge.
    Once the Seneschal and Dane had completed their sentences, Jennifer watched in silence for a moment. Considering the information that the prisoner had shared. When she was sure she had interpreted Addy correctly, she moved on.

2 successes

Jennifer checked her phone, noting the time – and that her alarm was approaching for wrapping her involvement in the interrogation to prepare for the day sleep. She notices Milton’s message and reads it. Mr. Northbridge is very thoughtful to make the offer, she thinks. Jennifer raises her head and looks to Milton, signaling that she has read the message. She enters a text reply to Milton. She types half her response, and then pauses. She is considering two paths forward. One where she handles everything herself, satisfying the paranoid voice that became louder after her stint in Torpor. Her eyes tick to Milton, sizing him up. Dark brown eyes then move to Jack, very consciously. Conveying what his presence here could mean. She has some information on what opportunity could be offered to Milton. Perhaps I should set Milton up to have more victories to his name. Her eyes tick back to the prisoner Mr. Dane. Then land on her cousin, Addy. And am I not the best Kindred to be navigating this situation? I already know all of the information revealed to this point, which the two Domain Officials have not had the time to hear. Yes, her Beast, ever prideful, encourages this avenue.

That is a good suggestion. I know that she patrols areas, so she may spot suspicious activity. My ghoul, Liam, is on hand for mundane preparations. He is resting in the room and is awake by this time, ready to begin his duty as bodyguard. The rooms are protected by black out curtains. Could you set Liam to handle the proper preparations? And appraise him of the information he needs to watch over us throughout the day?
    The computer is in the room - Liam can unlock it.

Jennifer sends the message to Milton. Jennifer’s Haven consists of the dining area (the largest room of the haven), the cozy kitchen, the small living room, one bathroom and the bedroom. Upon any scrutiny, all of the windows are securely covered and reinforced with black out curtains. The windows feature small white boxes in the corner of the window – motion sensors. The door to the bedroom opens and a dark haired man, not Kindred, is revealed.
    Jennifer takes a moment to study Dane, confidently. She makes additions to her notes, recording what Dane has just shared. She taps her pen on the fine note book for a moment, studying Dane.

"Nomads were how you found Sacramento? Will gathered the info. Didn't share with you if the raiders had anyone on the inside." She paused for a moment for Dane to think on that. The Lady no longer uses her skills taught by her Sire to frighten. She speaks to Dane, looking at his eyes. Speaking calmly and confidently with her Cursed voice.
    "By the time you had gotten the Kine into the cars, your group had broken into the safe room. You were made to hold a shield wall there. Geir ran them through. Martha was made to kill her allies. How many ghouls are with you, Mr. Dane?
    They have contingencies. Thinking back over your time with them... I know it has to be hard. With what the madman did to your mind."
    Jennifer shows empathy. "If someone defected or was captured, what was done in the past?"

1 success
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

20. Likes Ruach, liked this post
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread