Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
PrP TRoS The Scop's Tale

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist remained where she had taken post, her eyes tracking who was speaking but not contributing herself. It was getting hard to focus on the words though. The sun was coming. A small flash of regret at accepting the ride from Jack.

Pulling out her phone she punched typed a quick message to Kalos.

He may not make it before the sun but at least he would make it.

Unless directly requested to chime in Twist is content to stay a silent background figure.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Jacque's words announced the end of the night. There would be no further interrogation tonight, and so Edward's presence was not required.

Which meant he could do other things, like follow-up on that boat. With that in mind, he silently excused himself and retrieved the laptop from his car. Settling in the kitchen. There was time to check if a certain boat was connected to the internet, and just how up-to-date it was on security patches...

4 successes

If it was connected to the internet, he wouldn't infiltrate yet. There would come a time that using that access to know the location or get additional data would be more important than at this exact moment. After all, even if he couldn't see past whatever powers they were using, others in the group could, so long as they knew where to look.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"There are too many avenues for my research to go in for the computer to be useful, though I appreciate the offer." The Haunt says to the Priscus. The day sleep was coming, and he only hoped he could stay awake slightly longer than Addy and Dane. "If I let you go, will you make me regret it?" He says to his Cousin beside him, his voice flat but still questioning.

Should Addy answer in the affirmative he will turn his attention back to the Lady Notary. "While I trust the judgement of those of the Domain, I do not entirely trust our... new friend, so to speak... is there any chance, though I know it is slim, that you have any rope or chain?" The Haunt was intent on securing their prisoner, making sure that he could not cause a ruckus should he be able to fight the day sleep better than the rest of them. He would be weak, but it didn't matter if they had no time to react.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

6. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods slightly, accepting the Seneschal's key FOB. "I'll head on out there then." He says, more to let Twist everyone know what he's doing, so as to avoid any misunderstandings.

He returns with a sharpened wooden stake held in his fist, by his side, but his grip on it is not loose or relaxed.

"Sir, I recall you said you trusted me to know what to do with it, and I am ready to obey, but I'm afraid I need to hear it clear and plain, to avoid any kind of misunderstandings, what exactly you're orders to me are." He says looking directly but not challengingly at Jack.

They all feel it, even if they can't see it.

The break of dawn. Out in the waking world the sun has come over the horizon and even inside the beast can sense it. The warm, shining rays of daylight metaphorically piercing through the walls, driving the undead to sleep. The beast may stalk the night but it cannot suffer the daystar. Only the human mind has a chance of moving the Kindred forward now. Yet how human are any of them now, anyway?

Roll that humanity. So I can see it, post your roll in the OOC thread

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A Ventrue's mind is a dangerous place.

The weight of the beast was becoming increasingly burdensome. He felt his neck crook in reaction to Dirt Nap's words. [Have you no ...] A thousand thoughts flowed through his mind. The irrational pull of emotion, one after another as he pictured himself measuring the choice of reaction for the most effective result. [The pointy end goes...] Confusion, outrage, arrogance, cockiness... A thousand responses from being curt to outlandishly dismissive. [Maybe someone else...] He focused on each detail of the room, the reactions of each Kindred present changing based on each response, each emotion.

[This is taking too long...] The Lord thought to himself as anxiety struck him to his core. The room, the reactions, the resetting and replaying the scenario. It was already too late for him. It was all a dream.

failure to stay awake

Thanks for the invite to the plot! Pink text is all snips of thought/dreamspeak.

Blood Hunt:

11. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Stay Awake, 1 success

Normally, the Beast is experienced as an insistent demand for action: maim, devour, flee. But, with the approach of the dawn, the Monster becomes something altogether different: a source of extreme inertia, a black and sucking pit that extinguished consciousness. Not for the first time, Milton wonders about this transubstantiation.

But this is not the moment for speculation. Milton can feel the Day Sleep creeping in at the edges. His research will need to wait for tomorrow night. It is much more important to attend to preparations for the hours ahead.

Milton leaves the room only to discover Liam standing in the doorway of the bedroom. He stops a few steps away from the Ghoul and gives him a long look. The Beast calls for Sleep, but it still desires the blood that flows in this man's veins. Milton ignores it as best he can.

"Liam. Very good. Lady Notary Hazelton requests that you make ready for the day. We will be her guests until tomorrow evening and all of us will require the precautions you usually afford her during the daylight hours, so please plan accordingly. The windows must be covered, the doors locked, and the house security system alarmed. I'm sure you know the protocol." Milton has no doubt that Jennifer has trained her servant well.

A pause, "Mr. Dane," a nod to their prisoner, "will require extra security. Please keep him separate from the rest of our party and do not permit him to leave these premises without permission."

That done, Milton's mind turns back to sleep. "Now, will you kindly direct me to a location where I may rest?" It's inflected as a question, but is really a command.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

13. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"Of course, Cousin. Liam, bring me the heavy chain." She requests, raising her voice slightly.
    "Dirt Nap, the prisoner needs to be staked." Jennifer takes over the subtlety of the Lord, which Dirt Nap needed more assurance.
    "We need to ensure his location." She states firmly, with the assurance of a Lady of the Invictus. She is fine taking responsibility for the Prisoner's fate. She gives the Prisoner a glance - all business. This is clear that he needs to be secured before they succumb to the day sleep.

"Addy - you are under my hospitality." She addresses her Cousin. "You will assure all of us remain safe, if we succumb to the Day sleep. This includes the Prisoner, Mr. Dane." The Nosferatu Priscus is firm on this as she stares into Addy's eyes. If anything happened to the Prisoner while she sleeps, he will the first suspect on her list.
    "I want your assurances that you will take no action against any of my guests here, the Prisoner Dane, the ghouls of the Kindred here. Or by inaction, allow harm to befall them. You enjoy the benefits of my hospitality."

The Ghoul nods deeply to Milton. He was a good ghoul. Obedient. He might overhear his regnant's conversation with others, like Milton. It was a small Haven, and he had to ensure he served her well.
    "Sir," He opens the bedroom door and leads Milton inside. The bedroom had a small window, yet legal to code. The window had the smal white box that indicated a motion sensor- and full size, heavy black out curtains. Wide enough for someone to climb through.
    There was a four poster bed, freshly made and turned down. There was a footlocker at the foot of the bed. A well made antique desk was against the wall that shared the door, a high qaulity desktop computer was here, off. One the left side of the desk, was a green fabric mat, tailored for the size of the desk that was the centerpiece of a gift that was meaningful for Jennifer.
    The desk was clear of any clutter or other items left out on the desk, it likely was cleared after every use.

Liam indicates the bed, freshly made with new sheets during his preparations. Liam also indicates the closet subtlety with his eyes, if Milton preferred this. The ghoul moved to the window, which was locked, and covered with heavy black out curtains. Liam had checked this area first, yet he makes a show of the security of the window for Milton's sake. Milton also could note that the bathroom also had similiar protective features.
    "Excuse me, Sir." The ghoul moved to a small footlocker at the foot of the bed, removed a length of chain and a few of the best locks money can buy, and hastily traveled to his Regnant's side. She indicated Connor with a nod 'See to his wish. The Duchess has a ghoul, Kalos. If he arrives, you will admit him and accept his help." Jennifer gave a brief description of Kalos, that he could be recognized.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

15. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Jack is the first to succumb. His eyes going dead and his mouth silent before he has a chance to answer Dirt Nap.

If Connor hears a response to his questions, it is only through the illusion of his mind giving into the torpor like state he falls into.

Dane’s eyes go to each of the Kindred as they fall, then (for lack of Jack) to Jennifer.

“Will gathered the information from nomads. Nobody on the inside as far as I know. Might have done some computer searches too, I don’t know.” He was speaking a little faster. Maybe the in the hopes something he said would ensure his safety through the daysleep before it claimed him. “Three ghouls, one per boat to drive and take care of them during the day.”

His eyes strained and fluttered. Trying to remember. Trying to stay awake another moment.

“I… I don’t remember anyone defecting before. Just… dying in battle… might have been a lie. Geir debriefed everyone afterwards. I remember it took longer than it should have.” His eyes widen slightly when Jennifer says he’s to be staked, then the life leaves them altogether as the prisoner drops unconscious.

Jennifer checks on Addy, trying to parse whether he is being dishonest or if his curse simply places such doubts of loyalty into her head.

Jennifer

Addy looked surprised at Jennifer's order, though it seemed he understood within a second why. "Yes Priscus, I promise to keep everyone, including the Prisoner Dane, safe," he said. Would it matter? If he intended to kill Casper before, would the implicit threat that he would be held responsible and punished keep him from his goal? Whatever the case, he renewed his efforts to keep himself from falling asleep.

Milton can perform 2 more computer rolls within this scene. So far he’s found a couple options, the Stone Lake Wildlife Refuge, Ardin Rapids, and the Crone Farm.

Edward runs a few penetration tests, learning where the device was vulnerable. He’ll receive +4 dice on his next hacking roll on the boat.

17. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward feels the pull of sleep like a familiar friend, so he shuts the lid of his laptop, satisfied at his progress. He was confident that when the time came, he could get the information he needed.

For now, Edward would find Liam and be directed where to sleep.

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread