Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Night of the Poacher: Hunting the Hunter

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Better," Edward smiled. "Very well, I'll check with the smokers."

And so he did. Striding up with a "'evening gents."

"Don't mean to be a bother on a break; looking for a friend is all: grey-eyed hottie." He lied as easily as he faked life, "she hitchhikes a fair bit, so I wondered if you might have seen her?"

3 successes

Jennifer Hazelton

The two men glance at one another for a moment at Edward's approach. The tallest of the two, who pushed 5'11", addressed Edward. This man had a slightly crooked nose, likely had been broken. He looked to be in his early thirties. He had straight forward good looks in a low maintenance way. The trucker was lean and fit, a trick for making a living driving.
    "Grey eyes and hot? She'd stick out around here."

The second man reflexively glanced towards the rigs in the parking lot. Then he looked to Edward. This man was about five eight, likely fit in the cab easier. The man was about fifteen years older than the first trucker. He was about fifteen pounds overweight around his love handles. He appeared confident with himself.

" She out here tonight, you're saying? We have Annie Oakley over there. Her eyes are brown though, and she doesn't like guys."
    He nods to the woman Mable is speaking with.
    " She works for a living, like us. My names Joe."
    He extended a hand to Edward.

" Your friend okay, you think?

At the reference to Annie, the first guy looks over to Annie. He sees Mable and watches Annie for a beat.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable give a little cute giggle as her big brown eyes look into the woman's dark eyes, "True, but ya never know with girls rooms." A slight tilt of her head, "You're a driver? That's pretty awesome. Which rig is yours?" She looks at the rigs.

She looks over to the men. "My friend over there is looking for a grey-eyed girl. You haven't seen her have you?"

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"I'm betting it." Edward gave an easy smile. His eyes briefly landed on mr. love-handles and wondered if he'd ever gotten a visit from the Poacher.

"Not sure." He shook the shorter man's hand. "I'm hoping she is. It's just," Edward grimaced, "she pissed off a real psycho and now she's not answering her phone."

"Or at least the number she gave me." Edward laughed nervously. "Would you let me know if you do see her, or know where she might be? I can give you my number."

Jennifer Hazelton

The woman caught her ball and glanced to Mabel.
    "You have to wait at rest rooms at nine at night? Hasn't been my experience. The pink one."

The woman turns to look where Edward is standing with the others. The woman looks back at Mabel.
    "Your friend is looking for a woman? That's not creepy at all."

The woman looks at Mabel, skeptical.

Date Action Roll Result
    2021-08-06 15:11:46 PrP ST rolls 8 to Tag-defense? (10 Again) 6, 3, 2, 7, 4, 1, 5, 9 1 success

The taller man frowned.
    " Okay. Go ahead and show us a picture of her.". He looks Edward over for a phone.

" You got a pic of the two of you together?"

The shorter man is quiet for a moment. Then says.
    "We don't know what happened here today, though. 'Cause we don't stick around. I'm moving out at 5 AM tomorrow."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable giggled, "Well, he can be creepy. But then, he is a guy."

"That's a great looking rig. Do you do cross country or local hauls?" Her curiosity getting the better of her. She starts shifting foot to foot doing the peepee dance she had seen others at work doing.

"Hang on." She went into the bathroom. Looking in stalls to make sure its empty. (if empty) She then enters one flushes comes out washes hands then returns to the woman.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Wish I could, would be a lot more help than 'looker with grey eyes.'" Edward smiled apologetically. "I'm not a picture guy, a fact I'm now regretting. You won't find a single photo on my phone."

He turned the short ones words over in his head; the mention of 'here today' was telling, but there were many other subtle signs and clues to look for.
    2 successes

Jennifer Hazelton

The woman
    Quote Originally posted by Mable Wood:
    Mable giggled, "Well, he can be creepy. But then, he is a guy."
    "Yeah, I have no desire to help some weird guy find a woman. I have no evidence he's not her abuser... and you like, just said he can be creepy? Not a great character recommendation. Night."
    The woman's face is skeptical as she replied to Mable upon her return. The woman turned and began walking towards the parking lot where the rigs were parked.

As Edward studied the body language of the men and thinking of their language choices, he senses that they appear to be cautious with Edward. There were no fidgetting, avoiding eye contact or looking off towards a certain direction to suggest that the men were lying. It could be that they were simply wary about giving the location of a woman to a stranger.

"Okay." The taller guy replied. "You want us to call you if we see a woman with grey eyes?"

"Well, you know truckers don't hang in one town. I have two days left on my trip." The shorter man explained to Edward. "So if we see her in the next few minutes, we could call you, I guess."

9. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Yes, thank you." He was never very good at convincing people to do things, and he was pretty damn sure there'd be no call. Few minutes or not. He gave his number anyway and regretted not bringing a burner.

"And if you're doubtful of my character, and that's only natural, please do at least let her know she should skip town."

It was all the same to Edward if she left. As long as the law was upheld. Plus, it probably added a bit of trust that he was there for her best interest.

"Thanks again, gents, happy trails."

Edward returned to Mable, watching the back of the other woman recede.
    "Win some, lose some. Shall we try the next stop?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Have a good run," Mable said to the woman as she left.

She then wandered over to Edward, " Hey."

Six trucks and they only saw three people. "Should we check the trucks first? Or do you want me to write a message on the bathroom stall to her to leave town?"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread