DISPLAYED
(2108) Off to the Side

2107 Kowalsic orbit
Jul 7, 2021 - Jul 30, 2021
Shadows and a Lord
Jul 9, 2021 - Jul 30, 2021
(2107)Dirt Nap, JC, and Edward
Jul 11, 2021 - Jul 30, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve stands off to the side, somewhat away from the other conversations, trying to be respectful, but not butt in where she really didn't want to be. Like the Prince's circle, as an example. Fuuuuck that shit right there. No thank you.

Trying to figure out who she can converse with as to not seem rude, she says to Mable, "Hey. Long time no see, Mable Wood . Yeah, it's super comfy, oddly enough. You'd think with the corset it wouldn't be." Just to start up a hint of conversation. Yes. She can do this.

Continued from Formal Court
    | BP 2

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable wanted to hug her, cause hugs were awesome. But court. "Ya, it's been a while. The dress just has such an intricate design. And it must be really well designed if its so comfy. A well made gown holds its own weight."

"How have you been doing?"
    Mable's voice was sincere.

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"Thanks. And you look gorgeous too, of course." She feels significantly more relaxed now.

"I'm doing pretty good, all things considered," and she was. Mostly. After spending time with Conner, things were slowly becoming clearer. Also not starving is helping with that. "Getting along with some good poetry. Sara Teasdale and Emily Dickinson never seem to disappoint."

"How about you?"
    | BP 2

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sara Teasdale? I'm not sure I'm familiar with her. What kind does she write?"

"I'm doing really well right now. I've been super busy with work and the farm."
    She was so glad Maeve was doing well. She was worried about her. "You should come out to the farm to visit sometime. It's super relaxing."

"Have you done anything interesting recently?"

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"She's very much about the lyrical poetry. Her poems are really easy to set to song. She also was the one who wrote the poem in that short story about the world after a clearly nuclear explosion that wiped out humanity. Anti-War piece. Gorgeous. Nature will go on without us, pretty much. Last two lines are incredibly powerful: Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree, if mankind perished utterly. And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn would scarcely know that we were gone." It is probably one of her favorite poems. Something that grounds her further to her humanity. Actually, poetry in general is like that for her. It's a constant reminder of the beauty that can be held between all worlds of creatures.

"I'm glad. I definitely should come out soon. Recently, I've been such a recluse," which is more than true. And honestly, it's refreshing to talk to someone that doesn't want her dead or something worse. Not that a lot of people feel that way about her, but some people just make her feel... yeah, not great. "I have had some time to work on my own writings, which has been fun. I also do some poetry."
    | BP 2

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh that is beautiful. I agree, mankind would not be missed much. Did you ever see the movie Legend or I am Legend or something like that with Will Smith? Nature totally took back the world."

Maeve seemed more relaxed, "I would love to read what you have written sometime. And the farm would be a great place to write. You could sit in the gazebo and look out at the world and create."

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"Yes, very similar. Comes from a genre in general of the world nearly being better off because of the way that humans can be. The ugliness. You see that a lot with Zombie movies too, though a lot of those are allegories for AIDs. The Returned being a big one there. Probably one of the only action/horror genre movies to make me cry." The Horror genre might also be a favorite, though she doesn't often get to talk about it much.

A light smile, "Sure. It can be kind of emo at times, but then, Kindred can kinda act emo sometimes. It fits." She pauses to wonder if that's even appropriate to say, but she's also not wrong. "The farm sounds bomb. Really, I'll try to make it out there soon. Maybe at some point we could grab a couple of people together and have a tiny get together in general. Something informal. Might be nice."

"At some point, maybe I'll pull some my poetry out and get someone who can actually speak well to read them. Do you ever feel like court needs performances or something?"
    | BP 2

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I love watching movies and TV. I try to learn about changes in how people act with each other and fashions. I don't think I ever saw the returned. I did listen to the book world war Z. That had awesome zombie stories in it."

"Emo? what does that even mean?" She had heard the word before but wasn't really sure what it meant.

"I think it would be a fun idea. You could suggest it to one of the people in charge of courts. Sometimes theme nights happen. We could have a talent show of some sort."

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

"That one was pretty good too. Movies and TV are a jam and I 100% support those who partake." She chuckles.

"Emo is... well, it's a state of being. Like..." how does one even begin to explain? "Think whiney goth kid that's trying to be punk at the same time, but listens to really sad screamo. I use it as a catch all term for the alt-emo-ish peeps. Like the scene kids and the candy emos and the 'I'm not a soup can, you can't label me' emos." It really is a weird thing to explain, "There's a meme around right now that is very much, you play one note on a keyboard and it practically summons them."

"How that applies to Kindred... well, sometimes the eternal sadness and darkness becomes all they got. It's both a sad and sometimes amusing state to see, given I grew up with the emo generation, but some are also grungy and mad about it."

"Talent show would be cool. Get to see what kind of interesting things people have up their sleeves that they haven't dished out in years, possibly. If we did one, what would you do?" Curiosity.
    | BP 2

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"So if you are depressed you are emo? I mean many people wear black because of so many reasons. And for many the world is a cold depressing dark hole to live in with little hope of change. It just doesn't make sense to me." It sounded a bit odd to her to name mental health issues emo.

"Ok, what does EMO stand for?"

Hmmm, what would she do? "I don't know, I don't have any real talent."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread