Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Summer's Respite

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jun 20, 2021 : (2106) Summer Solstice
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes listed raptly to John's description, and Anatole's addition. "Fascianting... What manner of agreement do they bind you to? i suppose they would have to be extreme.... it is a dangerous place, far more so than this side. Precautions are... necessary." His voice rumbles with gravitas, and his smile is sinister.

He takes the glass Liam offers with the tiny tip of the head towards him. Pointed ears twitch at the sound of an Archive. "You hold an Archive... in the form of a dryad?" he asks. "Do you study the otherworldly often? I don't believe you were with us when Autumn last hosted a coronation. I would be fascinated to hear some of the work from it, if possible." He smiled, expecting a refusal. Not all trusted Autumns.

He smiles as Anatole adds about his plans in his own elusive manner. "Quite.... Perhaps I should look myself. What do we know of her? an influential player on our doorstep, I feel likely."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole ran a hand through his beard.

"Three pledges at least... To enter the market one needs to indicate whether you intend to buy, sell or both. Once chosen the guardians... and I presume that is what they are... bind the pledge with a coloured bracelet that fits around the left hand. Go beyond the remit of your chosen 'class' and well... the bracelet reacts. I've seen an incautious buyer loose a hand through the pledge-band. We all have. Naturally, the Pledge is bound to Wyrd so exactly how your pledge-band interprets your activity is... well..."

The burned dwarf leered as if the inherent uncertainty of the system actually tickled his fancy.

"Like I said: take trade goods with you. I did not see anywhere in the market that clearly stated what currency was being used. I strongly suspect that if you go to buy... you will have to purchase something."

4. Likes , , Xadun liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The blast of heat comes as the Queen arrives. With a bit of watermelon juice still on her face, "Wassup boys? Getting hammered? Ya know," she chimes, "The booze always seems ta draw folks ta it. Really sets the bar fer our parties. I'll do a shots contest next time," she nods to herself.

"Oh, and if anybody wants desserts ta take him? Do it." Then turns upon Liam, "Tequila please. How's the bar been doing tonight?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

0 Scenes

8 days left!

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

A tree that imparted knowledge, it was the hedge so anything was possible but it was still astounding to John. "Wow. That's pretty cool." Rhodes seemed to think so wondering if it was the creature, the knowledge, or both. Probably both. This is something to let Gerrit know about. "Do anything with that knowledge?" A raised eyebrow, maybe Liam was a hunter, trapper, or brewer. There were a lot of things that knowledge could be useful for. The whispers of the shadows pulled and tugged at him then, voices just out earshot words an itch, a pull at the back of your mind.

IT was a feeling he had to shake off, nodding to show he was following as Liam finished his explanation. Though John wondered if he was another horticulturist like Gerrit and Titania, all signs pointed to it in his mind. "Oh I don't think i can say what Springs are for. But helpful is always appreciated everywhere."

John brought the drink to his lips, needing it to anchor himself to keep his mask in place. He had to hide his loves and his hates after all. Finishing by nodding his agreement with Anatole's final assessment of the entrance pledge. "I tried more than a few times to get clarification on specific rules. It was dodge each time. Suspicious.

"As for the Lady herself, no, nothing. I walked away to see what the word around the market was and that's the thing it was quiet. You expect to hear complaints, grumbling about stall locations, anything like that. Nothing. Idle gossip, yes, but nothing about the market itself."

He shook his head, the drink coming up again. "I don't like it." John felt blind and deaf, it was a feeling he wasn't used to and it was uncomfortable. "Oh, the Market also has a sound barrier around it. We originally thought the lack of sound was due to a predator but it seems the Market is trying to keep quiet."

He smiled and shook his head chuckling as Circe arrived. "Nothing says you couldn't do it now. I certainly won't turn down free dessert, I'll probably grab some as soon as I'm free and clear of shrapnel. Bars been fine, just filling in Rhodes and Liam on the Market."

Goes by the name: John

9. Likes liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam is genuinely flattered at the sudden surge of interest in his Archive. ​"Well, I don't know about 'otherworldly', but I do talk to it a lot. It's not really much for small talk, but I can ask it about what certain Fruits do or what certain Beasts look like or eat and it'll tell me. I've been trying to write down what it says, but if you'd like maybe I could give you a tour." He directs the offer to Rhodes and John, though he immediately wonders if his Hollow could use a cleaning. He'd never really shaped it for company. Maybe it was high-time to do so.

As for what he does with it? Liam shrugs. "I always was an animal nerd growing up, and I love being outdoors. So I guess I figured if I ever found myself lost in the Hedge, it would be good to know what the wildlife was like; what could hurt and what could help." Though the Hedge was rarely that simple. "And most Fruits can heal injuries or heighten senses, so I try to keep some on hand as often as I can just in case somebody needs 'em." He'd never really found a drastic need for such knowledge. But it never hurt to be prepared.

Then Circe bounds onto the scene. Liam gives a half-mock salute to her drink order. "Yes ma'm!"
    2 successes

Somehow he'd figured some of the stronger stuff would be needed today, and within moments the Summer Queen has a glass of tequila out and ready, even with a little stir-straw. "Going well, thanks! The company's been stimulating...I mean mentally, it's been mentally...we've been learning a lot." The Giant trips over his words briefly, afraid of offending one or more of the Monarchs present.
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

11. Likes Origins liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Continued from (2106) Summer Solstice...

Gerrit followed Circe to the bar. That giant mixing the drinks? Gerrit met him briefly twice. "Hello. Liam, right? I didn't know you were a Summer?" Maybe he just offered to play the bartender, but even that was kind of curious considering how new Liam seemed to be. Then again, why was he worrying about that? "Anyway, nice to meet you again."

The other three men were also greeted, and once again Gerrit noticed how little contact he has had with the Dread Lord so far. "Hello John, Anatole. Rhodes." He tried not to show the difference in temperature as he went through the names. "Are you enjoying the festivities so far?"

13. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Hmmmm...." Rhodes produces a notebook form an inside pocket and jots down Anatole's breakdown of the pledges. "Swift reprisals indeed." As the dwarf mentions the currency, or lack thereof, he points the the dwarf with a smile. "And there's the Catch. Something to exploit. I know I, for one, loath to leave such places empty-handed."

He tips his glass to Circe as she arrives in the throng, their mantles clashing with whisps of mist The squeals from the food fight drawing a temporary glances and a good-natured roll of the eyes.

The Flowering purses his lips, tapping the pen against the notebook. "That, of course, is the thing with tyrannies. They... rarely have outspoken dissidents, but can be ruthlessly effective." He makes another couple of notes. "A ward against sound? Fascinating. Unless they have a mobile ward - very difficult, requires regular maintenance - That might suggest we have some more permanent neighbors. Certainly worth getting to know them a little better. Where did you reach the market from? Which gate, I mean?" He asks, looking between Anatole and John, taking a sip of his whiskey.

The offer of a tour draws out a smile. "Oh, I would ever turn such an opportunity down," he replies to the giant. "Just let me know the time and place." Some people were so free with their information. Of course, it could clearly be a bait to a trap - what Autumn worth his salt would ignore such a find? - but brains over brawn, and all that...

The Dread Lord inclines his head as addressed, watching the other ogre. "Most excellent, as ever. Something for everyone... though I must apologize to our dear hostess for not taking a more... active participation. Icing plays hell on fine tailoring, and It's not the sort for running in. I do hope neither Vivan not Ram will take it personally," he looks form Gerrit to Circe, his worlds like silken honey.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole has returned to his drink. His eyes, however, are free to roam. They stray - briefly - across the space to the other cliques and their various activities but they once more become fixed on his present company when the conversation turns to Liam's archive. His brow's furrow slightly as James Turner reveals what he knows of the sound ward surrounding the Market and his eyes flick - once - when Circe and Gerrit join them.

"Taking the waters, yes. Not intending to get blind drunk, though." A response to the Crimson Sovereign.

"The bar is good." A response to Gerrit.

He turned to Rhodes -

"We took this route..." and he explained the particulars of their journey.

17. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Gerrit follows, yay.

"Thanks fer educating them John. But," she chuckles as she waves her hand towards the whoopie pie table, "Be sure ta deck out ye dessert! Yummy bling it up! Utensils, uh, maybe with the paper stuff. Unless ya want ta follow the rules." Because that'd be funny to watch, which was why Circe suggested the contest. "More fun if yer in a race, but it can be equally satisfying when ya go at it slow." The screams of battle do get her attention, but it is not unexpected.

"Grazie Liam," she thanks him and sips her preferred beverage, "Ah," sighing in enjoyment. "Intellectual?" She smiles at Liam then looks around at those present, "Not unexpected with this gathering." She nods, "Good ta learn shit."

At the word tyrannies, Rhodes garners the Summer's attention. The talk was about, oh, the market. Circe points to Anatole, "What he said. I do not like it," her Mantle flaring supports that, "But flesh traders are a thing in the Hedge. Even if they seem ta stress employment there. The market did take mundy stuff, but selective," she looks to Rhodes, "But I'm pretty sure most would take Kalashnakovs if nobody objects ta it. We'd be their only source of bullets."

Circe sips her tequila and blows a raspberry as Rhodes tries to apologize, "Don't apologize fer being yerself bro. I came up with this cause I thought folks would look funny," she points to her own face which still has reddish hints to it, "Totally right. Aaaand," she looks to Ram and then Vivian, "Pretty sure Ram got his hands full. Viv?" Circe shrugs as she watches the other two Summer going at it. She sips her booze as her tone is honey and sprinkles, "Don't know. I got cold cocked in our last sparring fight so," and the blueberry elf leaves it hanging.

"Cool Anatole," she nods to him, "Next Summer I'll have a booze contest or combine with polish horseshoes, I don't cazzo know." Circe then turns to Rhodes, "Surprised yer not playing with yer food and fiancee," wink and swig of tequila, "Or ya waiting fer her ta need ta be hosed down?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread