Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Glutton Guts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jun 20, 2021 : (2106) Summer Solstice
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The right area cordoned off using yellow rope supported by saw horses now has Circe standing before her "throne" of a recliner. The monarch is prepared for the contest of consumption to begin, for whomever wishes to engage in such battle. Be it the basic of watermelon or the complicated of dessert.

There is also the drinks table, though that isn't technically a contest unless folks decide to wing it. Circe won't complain if they do, it was thematically appropriate. Though one of the first things she'd have to do is ensure that everyone who fights is equipped with a bucket.

Clean up was going to be a bitch without puke on the floor.

The eating contest has a little different rules for whichever you eat. The standard roll is derived from the Shots rules but you start with one free roll as it isn't intoxication but fulfilment of belly. So a Stamina 2 PC would get three rolls before starting to subtract from stamina. The goal is to be the first to hit 6 successes for watermelon. For whoopie pies, the rolls are made at -1 until you have amassed 3 successes. This is to reflect the mess of toppings possibly getting into you eyes or nose until you've eaten/pushed it away. Rolling target is 8 successes. If you take a second round you lose the free roll, you are already full. Failure means you don't swallow, whilst critical failure means you need a bucket.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Colonel Worms continues to be fun. "Well, just fake it til ya make it with the wisdom, oh ho ho!"

Lord John of Winter has arrived! "Welcome John, and I adore surprises," she laughs at his promise of gratuity, "I'm sure it'll be picture perfect when I find it," she dind't know the pun was coming but his words had an imagery theme. As he leaves she waves to him, "Try ta have some fun bro! Also, don't drink too much if ya take up my challenge!"

"Oh ho ho ho! Victory to ya Ram! Make it colorful!" She cheers him on as he starts his festivity.

And the lights come on as Vivian's section is prepared. "Aaaand ta-dah!" Circe waves with both arms towards Vivian, "The third contest is ready! A more Summer affair, almost like their is a progression from food ta battle ain't it?" Circe had found the transitional nature of the three contests amusing. Food, to food battle, and then on to regular battle. "So my friends, present and future, do choose which ya wish ta compete in. Or point and laugh at," the Summer Queen wasn't reverent at all, "Fer contest and strength need not be dour all the time. Battle, food battle, or eating," she points to the three areas as she makes to move to her own court of contest.

"And if ya need ta talk ta the Queen, Imma be in charge of the food contest that involves yer guts oh ho ho ho!"

Continued in Glutton Guts
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit went over to Circe's "throne" to hand over his gift and pay his respects to this season's Queen. Luckily there weren't that many people around right now - plus this contest was probably the one he could see himself competing in the most. He couldn't just attend the coronation and ignore all the work the Court has put into it, after all.

"Hello Queen Circe. I just wanted to congratulate you on your reign and express my thanks for the protection you and your Court grant this Freehold. We are as lucky as our enemies are unfortunate to have you at Sacramento's spear point and I hope that the next few months will prove fruitful and successful." Like a few months before he still had a decent speech in him to honor the host. While Circe was beautiful, gorgeous even, she seemed more approachable than Seraphina did that night so Gerrit didn't feel as overwhelmed. "I wanted to give you this coffee plant. There are some instructions on how to take care for it in the envelope right here - I'm afraid that this single plant won't bear enough beans to actually make some coffee out of it, but I still hope you might appreciate the gesture."

4. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe smile is massive as Gerrit tells her what the plant it. "This is the greenest gift of awakening I've ever gotten Gerrit," Circe accepts the plant with it placed beside her "throne" for safety. Then straight up hugs Gerrit, "I hedgespin my friend, I can cheat. Or just have the smell, better then flowers!"

Circe likes coffee.

"Are ya taking part in the eating contest?" Circe lets him go and rises on her toes to look at the crowd, "Ya might win how I originally got my crown, at this rate. Slow and steady and all that."

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

The hug caught him off-guard and Gerrit actually couldn't supress an audible grunt when the Queen of Wrath went in. He half-heartedly returned the hug in a shocked manner and a stray thought crossed his mind. Strangely more approachable than Seraphina. Which was unfair and mean - Seraphina was a straight out saint.. but on the other hand: Seraphina wielded an unnatural beauty of the Fae like a weapon.

"Oh, uh glad you like it." He looked at the piles of food, then back at Circe. "You know, I might just try my hand at that. Although I'm afraid I don't have much competition as of now." Would he dare going up against the Queen herself? Yes, he might. What better way to honor Summer's traditions than competing with the best?

7. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

If Gerrit had voiced that though aloud, Circe might take offense. Though she did at the lack of gluttons coming to "fight" in her arena. As for Gerrit's willingness to be the first contestant?

Circe puts her hands on her hips, "What, ya don't want the chance ta win an eating contest using fork, knife, and formal dinner etiquette? If ya really want ta have a match," she points to the watermelon, "Then I can accept yer challenge in lieu of judging."

Because this wasn't going to be a failure for the Queen of Summer. She'd have a food contest dammit. Nor was she going to try eating the dessert in this dress. That'd ruin it.

9. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Challenged by the Queen herself? Gerrit hesitated for a second. Even using cutlery, that would be kind of silly, wouldn't it? It also put him in a weird lose-lose situation: beating Circe would mean disrespecting the hostess in a way, losing would be embarrassing. The logic wasn't completely sound, but to the Ogre it made sense. While doing his typical pondering he looked around and his eyes landed on Vivian, laughing and being free with someone he hasn't seen before. Would the Elemental stop and think about this?

"All right, count me in unless-" you want to wait for more contestants is what he almost added. Live a little. Gerrit cleared his throat and started again. "Unless you are afraid to lose to a Winter." There, playful boasting Circe in the face was living.. right? He smiled in a way that he hoped would make him look cocky and went to the table with the watermelons. "Ready when you are."

So, do we both roll once each back and forth or roll until we've reached 6 and compare how many rolls it took?

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh ho ho ho! Such bravery from a Winter," she pats her stomach, "Or perhaps ya think I'm too thin ta win? Let us see if ya can put yer watermelon where yer mouth is!" Circe steps on her tip toes and holds up a hand for a stage whisper to Gerrit. Her volume doesn't decrease, "But don't put the watermelon in any other hole. That'd be bad etiquette."

Circe then spins away, mercurial as ever, and heads for the watermelons. She makes sure to grab a bib for herself because these things could get messy.

4 success

OOC: Feel free to do the rolls all out once if you wish to save time, but remember the reduction rules from the Shots apply starting with the nth roll after your PC's Stamina plus 1. I am stopping Circe at the 8th roll. Mostly because I'm sure she'd have lost already.

12. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

In retrospect it wasn't exactly uncharacteristic for her to make such an off-hand joke, but Circe's remark about bad etiquette still left Gerrit dumbfounded for a moment before he followed the Fairest's suit. He made up for the lost seconds by forgoing napkins and digging right in. Maybe it was this little short-circuit that made his Ogre-brain kick into gear, but before he knew it his tray was already half empty. This was tickling something he only got in touch with in his dreams or in the Hedge: the need to best his oppressor, to vanquish his enemies - even if those enemies turned out to be slices of fruit.

He should have heeded the Queen's advice and paced himself though. After an initial burst of speed Gerrit had to take a breather and shift gears: slowly and steadily he worked through the rest of his food until everything was gone.
    It actually took him a few beats to stop and realize this as he stopped seeing red watermelony-pink and looked around. Realization followed embarrassment as Gerrit saw the mess he created and hastily grabbed a napkin to at least clean off the worst of the carnage. Circe didn't seem nearly as successful, but playful boasting or not: he'd be darned if he wouldn't let her declare the victor herself.

3 successes

1 success

1 success

2 successes

14. Likes Origins, liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ugggh," Circe groans as she tries to eat the watermelon. And then finally notices that Gerrit is patiently waiting for her. With naught but a rind.

Undignified as ever, Circe just spits the melon mush in her mouth out onto her plate. "Oookay, urp," she thumps her chest a couple of times. Circe wipes her mouth and hands on the bib. Then removes it. "Ahem, Gerrit!" She points at him dramatically, "Ya have defeated me in this grand contest. Beaten the Summer Queen," she waves her hands wide, "In a contest of Summer itself!" Then Circe gives him a thumbs up, "Such strenght of guts are ta be respected, amongst the Summer crowd. You have earned!" Circe turns away from him, stomping over to her thrown. Then quickly returns with a paper crown. Quite like a Burgerking crown, save with a 1 instead of the brand label.

"I present to thee, the crown of FIRST VICTOR of VICTUALS!" Most likely everyone at the bar could hear Circe shouting as she placed the crown on Gerrit's head, "Be sure ta wear it until the end of the night, ooor ya pass out. Whichever comes first tonight, oh ho ho ho ho."

16. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread