Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Glutton Guts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jun 20, 2021 : (2106) Summer Solstice
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Despite feeling the blood rush to his cheeks due to the big deal she was making of this, Gerrit couldn't help but grin sheepishly. The grin widened when Circe crowned him. "Uh, thanks. That was fun and you made for quite the competition." Luckily most of the other Lost were busy with their own competitions and conversations. He didn't want to stand in the spotlight right now.

"So.. do you want me to help you clean up? Or..?" She probably wasn't allowed to leave the station, in case someone else wanted to participate. But he also didn't want to take too much of her time. Then again, if anyone was to tell him to leave them alone it was Circe.
    "I was meaning to ask you: have you heard of the Grey Hoods since we talked to them at the café?" He couldn't help but quickly look at Titania - which was easy, because she really stood out even among so many other Fairests. Maybe Circe had been mending what the Telluric broke back then already.

2. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh ho ho ho! Nice of ya ta say my green gutty guy," she nods to him before burping. "I think ya won out big time though."

"Nah," she waves her hand off, "Folks get hungry they'll grab some melon." Then points to Sonja Wu at the food fight, "Or steal all the whoopie pies and toppings. Don't worry about it, yer the guest. And, uh," Circe thinks for a moment with a hum. Then shrugs, "Insert Disney guest song here."

Circe follows Gerrit's gaze with a huff of annoyance. The Telluric had almost kicked off a fight after they'd spent the night stopping it. Someone needed to give the space cadet a brain upgrade. "Not yet. Pretty sure the space cadet would've told us if they DID punch her out," and Circe might have bought them a round for that if they did. She'd certainly not put the Telluric's crying above the safety of the Freehold.

"But I've a plan going ta butter 'em up," she smirks, "Not guns. Armor. Won't give 'em something ta attack us but bribery works wonders. Biting the hand that feeds ya is always stupid too."

Circe figures a bunch of disguised chainmail shirts would be a nice don't bomb us because Titania's a moron gift. And less chance of the mortals attacking them with that.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"Oh okay. Sorry." He didn't want to make her feel like a bad host, after all. Maybe he should let some of Circe's carefree attitude rub off to him - he was kind of a crowned champion of Summer now. A small voice in the back of his mind goaded him into joining the other competitions now, to best the others some more. It was the same voice that sometimes urged him to not only take the beatings life threw at him, but to dish out some for himself. I can't just join a contest halfway through. Besides, I shouldn't push my luck now. Although it was good to learn that friendly competition seemed to speak to the Ogre in him as much as violence did.
    Gerrit was so in his head for a moment that he totally missed the Fairest's Disney reference.

"You've got a point there." Even though Titania allegedly was the Freehold's best healer, word would have traveled. "I like your idea of helping them out." Gerrit wouldn't call it buttering them up. As far as he was concerned, if they could help out and thus prevent at least one human being taken that was a win in his book. "They already know enough to get themselves in trouble, so we can at least make sure they don't drown in the deep end. Could you, uh, give me a heads-up when you plan to meet with them again?" Duty said this way he could chaperone Circe and keep her from sharing information that was too hot, heart said he wanted to apologize again and see how he could help.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe sighs, "Yeah. They could, COULD, be useful in the future too if we play it right. Tch," looking back towards the one she blamed for the big code, "Especially since the difficulty setting got upped at the end. Best ta build up the trust so they don't decide ta just raid us fer supplies," she shakes her head with a sigh, "And we can't offer ta have Star Girl patch 'em up as an apology. 'cause that'd tip our hand too much." And they were probably pissed at the Telluric. Paranoia? Maybe, but that is what helped the Lost stay safe. Circe was confident it was something to not offer to that Union until their loyalty/treaty was more secure. Much with how she was more cautious with less regular customers as a gun runner.

Sure, Circe was pissed at Titania for that stupidity but that didn't mean she'd accept some Van Hellsing knockoffs running off with her as their personal heal bot.

As for meeting with them again, that gets a nod from Circe, "Sure thing Gerrit. Planned ta give 'em chain lined hoodies," Circe makes a clawing motion, "Save their life," then she looks him up and down, "As they work the knight shift. Oh ho ho ho," Gerrit gets a smile, "And I've got muscles but them things are heavy in numbers." Circe looks over to wear Titania is, "Be best if the space cadet nurse handed a few over," Circe giggles at the cruel thought of Titania falling over while trying to pick up a disguised armored coat. "Maybe don't tell her the gifts are armored. Could be funny."

Well, this contest was a bust at the start. Maybe Worm would be interested when he wanted to regain calories. Circe looks towards the "bar" at this point. "Honestly, oh champion, I think the other things were more fun then this," blue hands wave at the eating contest, "And I'm tempted ta just get faccia di. Or grab utensils and eat a pie. Screw it. Ya wanna join in?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Circe was right. But maybe there were other ways to help them out, ways that didn't involve dealing with Titania's.. attitude. "For what it's worth I'm proficient in first aid. Uh, a bit more than proficient, actually." He was wearing Summer's paper-crown, darn it! There was no shame in admitting one's strengths. "Plus, I could look into ways to use Goblin Fruits to help them. I mean, they probably have a back-alley doctor of their own, but we could offer that to them." The thought of turning one of Rosie's back rooms into a makeshift lazaret wasn't great, but Gerrit didn't just help out when it was convenient. They would find a way if it ever came to it.

Chain lined hoodies? The Queen of Wrath really knew her stuff, apparently. "Sounds like a good idea. Just give me a call and I'll help.. uhm, I don't know if Titania should be involved, unless she plans on actually apologizing to them. Which," he looked over to the Fairest and ran a few possible outcomes of such an 'apology' through his head. "I don't see going well, to be honest." Was he misjudging Titania? Maybe, but she had made that impression several times already. The benefit of doubt only went so far, even for Gerrit.

He had an impulse to tell Circe that she shouldn't worry, that everything here was fun. Then he remembered that the Elf was a big girl and that she probably wasn't in any serious distress over it. "Yes, I'll just follow you." Looking around he definitely saw what Circe meant: the food fight seemed to be a blast for everyone involved. The dueling section posed a similar picture as Circe's station though: it was just Vivian and an unknown Goblin fighting it out. She seemed to be enjoying herself. Gerrit frowned for a moment and stuck his hands into his pockets to keep them from digging into his own skin. There's no need to worry. She likes you, even though you're not a devilishly rakish sword-fighter. He stopped that train of thought right here and there by actually shaking his head once and looked back at the Queen. "Lead the way."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good ta know," she nods as Gerrit mentions his medical background. "But I'd save on the magical healing the hoodies until after we got them trusting us," again with the paranoia.

And wasn't it great that Gerrit agreed with her about Titania's stupidity on that night. "It'd be funny if it wasn't happening here," she notes dryly. Circe could see Titania honestly apologizing whilst insulting the parentage of the hoodies. Or otherwise causing a firefight to break out. "Her brain is probably on Pluto I think," which would explain so much. The Sonja should have said that think meme to the Telluric, not the mortal. Circe would have to deliver the message to the other monarchs: she wasn't going to defend a certain level of stupid.

"Right!" She claps her hands and heads for the alcohol, "I'd say I'm buying, but I did that fer everyone, oh ho ho ho ho!" She inhales, "Except what Liam brought. He bought that."

Circe exits the scene for the booze.

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread