Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Battle Royal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jun 20, 2021 : (2106) Summer Solstice
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask
    An Ethereal quality to her beauty, Vivian has large soulful eyes which color shifts depending on what she is wearing and the light, they seem to be lit from within with unnatural brightness, a tall wiry well sculpted frame, her long golden hair flowing in waves down to her waist. A smattering of freckles on her cheeks lends a cuteness to it all.

Mien
    Vivian is much in body naturally the way she is in her mask. Her hair color however is a dark grey with blue and silver streaks running through it and seems to always be rustling and stirring in the invisible breeze. Instead of freckles she has tiny translucent raindrops that refract the light. Her eyes were wholly unknowable, alien, and inhuman. Like snow globes, her eyes contained only the threatening grey clouds of storms. Sometimes it did genuinely snow in her eyes, or rain, or when the crimson spear of Summer was enraged, lightning illuminated her orbs.

Mantle 1: Hot sticky Wind of the Summer Storms

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian had been busy as a bee setting up her Arena for the Battle Royale. She knew people were arriving but blatantly ignored them as she was busy working. And at some point she tweaked the concept and had to re-arrange a bit. Why? She realized most people prollie wouldn't wanna mess up their clothes. Vivian was clever. She adjusted, snickering wickedly to herself. It would be part honor system part slapstick, but she hoped the others would like it. Maybe. I mean Summer lived for wrath....the others, well, not so much. It took her an extra chunk of time though.

The Arena was broken up by color. Half the area was Red, and the other half Blue. She had erected obstacles that could be dove behind, and even hide others on both sides. Stuff you had to run around and climb over to add more difficulty. There was also an area marked in grey on the ground with large darker gray letters stating "SAFE ZONE" for people to quietly bow out if it was to much for them. Vivian understood that others may not be quite prepared for even a fake battle, even as slapstick as it was intended. To be silly and fun. You never knew what it might trigger in others. It was within the safe zone you could also get shirts that said "I survived! Battle Royale 2021" The color of the shirt determined your team, either Red or Blue to distinguish between combatants.

What took the extra time though? Instead of using paint, she decided to affix hand buzzers to the weapons. So when you hit someone with the foam weapons, you got a little jolt to know you have been hit! She figured that was better than paint. Vivian had an Airhorn to monitor the fight and when people raised their hands to single they were out, she would sound it! She was hitting all the areas she felt were important. Honor, sportsmanship, discomfort (buzzer), and loud sudden noises. She had some music set up for it and she was super excited to see this play out. Well if anyone participated of course.

Continued from (2106) Summer Solstice...

2. Likes Origins, Aeolus, liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm saunters up to inspect Vivian's handy work, feeling the soft glow of Mezcal working its way through him. Nothing says summertime like a Mezcal filter.

"Happy Solstice, Viv!" he calls out as he peeks here and there, visibly impressed with the set up.

"You did a damn fine job over here." He checks out the weapons, presses a buzzer. Cackles at the sound it makes.

"Ohhhh, these are nice." Picks one up, swishes it around. Places it back where he found it.

The Golbin approaches the Airtouched, still grinning like a madman. "So, how you been? You gonna beat my ass again tonight or what?"

4. Likes Aeolus, Origins, pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask
    An Ethereal quality to her beauty, Vivian has large soulful eyes which color shifts depending on what she is wearing and the light, they seem to be lit from within with unnatural brightness, a tall wiry well sculpted frame, her long golden hair flowing in waves down to her waist. A smattering of freckles on her cheeks lends a cuteness to it all.

Mien
    Vivian is much in body naturally the way she is in her mask. Her hair color however is a dark grey with blue and silver streaks running through it and seems to always be rustling and stirring in the invisible breeze. Instead of freckles she has tiny translucent raindrops that refract the light. Her eyes were wholly unknowable, alien, and inhuman. Like snow globes, her eyes contained only the threatening grey clouds of storms. Sometimes it did genuinely snow in her eyes, or rain, or when the crimson spear of Summer was enraged, lightning illuminated her orbs.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian chuckled a bit to herself, and finally turned the lights on in her section. She turned to Worm and smiled. "Happy Solstice Worm!" She chirped happily.

"Oh? Thanks. Trying anyway." She commented looking around, with narrowed eyes, looking for flaws.

"I didn't realize attaching all those damn zappy buzzers and sound ones would take so damn long. I was just gunna use buckets of paint, and you use the foam weapons like a dauber, but you know, people dress fancy for the Coronations.." her lips screwed to one side and she shrugged her shoulder.

Vivian laughed. "Well I'm running this event, but if you wanna throw down and show some of our fellow Freeholders what two experts in swords can do, even with the special rubber ones, I MAY have liberated from my H.E.M.A studio. Still can wield them alright, but absolutely no damage or sting. They are the next step up from foam weapons."

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Succeeding, I'd say," Worm responds.

"All I did was bring some high-test booze. You've gone and set up a goddamn Battle Royale with all the fixings. Including buzzy thingies." The Colonel gives the Airtouched a serious look, "Not gonna let you sell yourself short on this one, Viv." Summers supporting Summers. That's what it's all about.

Worm laughs at her comment about fancy outfits. "You see, that's why I wore this. Already looks like someone threw a couple of cans of paint at me." He taps his head with a long, red finger, "Always thinkin'." A pause, "Anyway, it's a good solution. Nothing says 'you're dead' like bzzt bzzt."

The mention of special swords brings word to full attention: "You don't say...Well, if you want to throw down while we wait for other folks to come over, I'm not one to pass up a chance to dance. As you know." He's already slipping out of his suit jacket. With no shirt underneath he's bare-chested, the vicious scars criss-crossing his red flesh visible to all. He shows no signs of embarrassment about exposing himself. In fact, Worm appears all the more comfortable for having half-disrobed. "So, where are these extra-special weapons?"

8. Likes Aeolus, pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian looked down at her hands slightly, and then back up at Worm. "Thank you." She said softly and sincerely to him, "I liked setting this up. It was fun!"

She giggled fully at that. "I love your suit actually! It reminds me of what sunsets meant for the Airtouched in the Flying City. What clouds specific position would make the prettiest sunset. Very important!" She said with a slight chuckle, and shook her head as if to clear the memory.

She grinned at him. The first flicker of lightning sent the clouds alight in her eyes. She watched as he took his clothes off and immediately felt a stab of envy. Oh...oh oh. How niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice for you! I have to be dressed and you get to take your clothes off!? While I have to suffer not just in a fucking skin suit but these damn clothes all the time? She quickly reigned those thoughts in, feeling embarrassed. It wasn't about that. It was about honoring Summer and celebrating their season, not who got to not wear what. Sheesh.

"I'm jealous you get to take half your clothes off but when I do it I get threatened with being arrested. It's a complete double standard!" She informed him, but seemed to cool back down almost as quickly as she got upset in the first place. Her mercurial moods were showing.

"Yeah I got them over here! I set them aside in case you wanted to have a little fun!" She hurried over and got the rubber-maid swords. It was literally like the good ole fashioned Rubbermaid Tupperware tops! She tossed one to him and grinned slightly....

Vivian
    Initiative: 15
    Defense 3
    Speed 12

10. Likes Aeolus, , Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm agrees with Viv on the double standard. And it's not just because he'd like to see her topless. That plays into it, of course. But, the Colonel is a free-wheeling type. He's got no patience for the restrictions imposed by whatever puritanical mores are enforced by a given community. Being naked feels good. Everyone should be naked if they want to be. Simple as that.

Worm catches the sword out of the air with an ease that belies hours of practice. He falls into a sparring pose and gives the Airtouched a wink.

"You and I are on the same wavelength, Viv. You'll get no arguments from me. This Worm's a confirmed nudist. Wouldn't even think of telling you what you can and can't wear."

A pause as he inspects his opponent. Wary of her skill. Excited to get things started.

"We can talk clothes after, though. For now, let's show these folks how we dance."

Worm
    Initiative: 10
    Defense: 2
    Speed: 10

12. Likes Aeolus, pisces liked this post

0 Scenes

Remember folks when you roll for Initiative you need to include the Initiative roll bbcode in with your post!

14. Likes Endymion, pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian laughed and nodded. "Well guess I know who to invite over for tanning!" She said with a grin. And then frowned when she realized she forgot the OTHER two swords they needed. UGH. She held up a finger and got the other two, so they had two weapons to wield, like they were used too.

With that settled she tested the swords in her hands a moment. Getting a feel for the weight of them, how they felt when she swung them. A few tests swings here and there, and with that little preamble to the sparring, she was off!

Her first attack with her dominant hand went after one of of his swords in an effort to disarm him! Vivian was not messing around this time!
    Attack Roll 1

Her second attack with her offhand went after his other sword to disarm as well. The quickest way to end a fight was to take away your opponents weapons after all!

Attack Roll 2

Initiative Roll.

If needs be for the double the defense maneuver, we can take dice off from the right!

16. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

(Wizened Blessing (+2 to Dodge))Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm's getting to know Viv. Her patterns. The way she thinks. After their last tango, the move to disarm him is expected.

Try as he might, though, she still manages to knock his weapons out his hands. They spin away and land a short distance from him.

The Goblin is immediately on the move, following the swords trajectory and retrieving his weapons. He scoops them up and stands again, looking ready as ever.

"Again?" is all he says with an arched brow, looking carefree as ever.

This times, he burns a little bit of the good stuff to limber up his limbs.

Worm's speed is 10. The disarm maneuver, at 2 success, sends his weapons 2 yards away. He moves at his speed to collect the swords. Picking up the weapons constitute his action for the round. The glamour expenditure activates his Wizened blessing. For the rest of the scene, his base dodge is now 6 (4 + his Wyrd score). Previous initiative roll:
    Initiative

18. Likes Aeolus, pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever works..." She said with a little smile. She came in again, swords moving fluidly as she went in for another two attacks. Keeping it simple this time, and just wanting to swing swords for awhile. If this were a real fight, she'd have elemental armor up as well.

Vivian went after him again, but missed entirely on the first attack with her dominant hand, and she frowned a little, but shrugged it off and came after him again grunting a little with second effort, seeming intent on getting him!

First Attack

Vivian was not a quitter, and with her left hand she hit a spot of luck and managed to get him, even though he was suddenly moving like a slick oiled piggy! She giggled madly at the image in her head and kept after him! Excited to be doing what she loved most.

Second Attack

20. Likes Aeolus, Origins, Endymion liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread