Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks! I've been told I'm infectious, though I'm never sure if that was meant as a compliment." He couldn't help but laugh at that but as she spoke of Campy he was still sad but each time it was a little easier. "I try to be like that but I still have my hang ups, ya know. Tolerable, that bad huh?" He shot a look over at her with a smirk. "Hell yea it is, I can take my work seriously but that doesn't mean I can't have a good time."

He took a second to compose himself after finishing his shot of absinthe. Face still a bright red as he had to take a few steps away and spit off into the grass, "You were right, definitely not meant to be drank straight. One second..." His face was still grimacing as he shook out his hands and almost leapt back inside the house as he came back out with two cans of redbull and added it to the collection, opening up one for himself immediately. "This is gonna be way better, works for Jaeger so why not. I'll go full mixologist another night. Besides, it's just sugar water right?

"You're right, I know you are but it's hard for me. It's a root, a chain, an anchor. Something that grounds and ties me here. Can I find the enlightenment I seek with that? I don't know. Maybe not. But I might discover something worthwhile in the meantime. I definitely was not ready for one, still don't know that I entirely am. Like you said, at least I'll have good company."

He couldn't help but laugh along with her as he began making himself his absinthe bomb, already working on his breathing to get ready for the same shock he experienced last time. "I had a different kind of lab accident in mind. Pushing the envelope always comes with risks, one thing at a time though. You know you're my friend too Aurora, if you need anything I'll be there. Even if it's to move so long as some of that beers at the end of it." He laughed again taking a hesitant sip of his cocktail and pulling away with a slight grimace but far more reserved. "Ok that's not terrible."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “Well, I suppose it depends on who is saying it. But I’m using it as a compliment.” She assures him. “Oh, I am all for having a good time. It used to be such a thing for me, going out almost every night, having a good time.” She looks at the fire for a moment, remembering those days.

She was still snickering behind her hand as she watched, amused. Another chuckle as she shakes her head, pouring more beer in her cup. An eyebrow was raised in question at the sight of the Red Bull. Then it made sense. “Ah. Well, I’ve never personally tried mixing the two.” Red Bull and Absinthe? “Technically? Maybe? But it’s more about the flavors and if they mix well together.” And she had little hope they did.

Leaning back and sipping her beer, she nods, “It is. But it’s a lot more than that as well. If you go into it only seeing it as a chain and an anchor, then you won’t get anything out of it. But with an open mind?” a shrug, “You might be pleasantly surprised. And no one is forcing you, you don’t have to join. And if you do join and learn down the road it’s not working for you and what you want? Then you can leave.” A shallow nod, “Yes, good company. And I hope it continues to stay good with our current loss.” On that topic she wasn’t sure.

“Well, just be careful either way. I haven’t experimented too much with what I can do. Well, I did once, and I never want to do it again.” Nope. She lost part of her soul that day. Her friends were safe, but she was still unsure. Laughing, “I always provide beer and food if someone helps me move. That’s standard payment.” But she had a feeling she wouldn’t need help with her next move. A look of uncertainty, “I could never picture those two tasting good together. Now I’m more of a Monster girl myself, but it’s pretty hard to tame the bite of Absinthe.” Would she try it? Maybe.

“I’m curious,” she begins, “you ever consider taking over the reigns of our Path?”

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well thanks. I appreciate it." Though the talk about partying every night had him smile wistfully and then frown before bringing the drink back up. The alcohol beginning to work its way through him now as he blinked away that thought. "Yea I imagine, something with a nice garnish of nutmeg on top, something kinda earthy maybe darker. Hmmm I'm going to have to put my brain to it when it's in better shape." Basically, doing a lot of work to mask the taste so it wasn't just pure anise.

"Yea, maybe you're right." He wasn't sure, he'd never tried it before the only organization he'd been a part of. Well it didn't end well for Guru. "I'm willing to give it a fair shake, why I showed up. I probably thought about turning around a hundred times before I showed up." His hands shifted back and forth, each holding the glass as his hands worked nervously on the glass his thoughts still processing as they spoke on the loss once more. "it'll be hard with that, which is also why I should stick around. Awfully big shoes to fill, yea? For the Order, so we're clear." A smirk spreading across his face, realizing that could have been taken entirely the wrong way.

"It's all about risk management but it doesn't mean we'll be risk free. I'll do everything I can to minimize the risk, I won't be the only one involved if I start walking untread ground. Safety, but, uh someone also has to document the results." He couldn't help but snort when she dropped the last bomb on him, he took a drink and looked over at her, his body twisting, feet coming over the side of the lounge chair. "Man we were just talking about cages and you offer me manacles. Shit. Is this what I get for opening my mouth?" He couldn't help but laugh it off as a joke but his mind was seriously considering that option.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Can’t say I’ve thought of nutmeg, but count me in to try it!” if it involved Absinthe, she would always be down. “There’s also a Lady Marmalade, grenadine and ginger liqueur are balanced by the absinthe rinse to create a crisp, aromatic drink. Not too bad. Just depends on what you are looking for.” She mostly knew about what other liquors went well with it.

A shrug, “I do have my moments of being right. Not very often, but sometimes.” She jokes with a chuckle. “And that’s all you can do. Give it a go and see if it meshes. If it doesn’t?” another shrug, “So be it. No one can fault you for trying.” And if they did? Screw em. “Yes, big shoes, and it will take some getting used to.” They would adapt.

She had to smirk and chuckle, “I offer a chance to give it a go.” Taking a sip of the beer and shrugging, “You don’t have to take it, that’s totally up to you. I took it because I didn’t like where we were being led. But you’re different, I can see you being a leader, someone others would gladly follow. I’ve never been much of a leader myself.” Unless she had to. And to be honest, she didn’t like it. “You have a level head and tend to see all sides to things. Well, at least from what I’ve observed. After that? It’s just doing your best to not hurt anyone or turn them into fish for being stupid.”

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He tapped at his chin as she described the ingredients to the cocktail, his eyes moving up and to the right as he gave a short nod. "I have all that if you'd rather want me to make one." It sounded good to Guru but he'd be fine nursing his new beer for a bit. Thankful he'd had a bit in his system once the conversation turned more serious.

He laughed along with her as she joked, a small smile on his face as he sipped his beer, the somber expression not returning even as they spoke of the absence indirectly. "Yea. We will." Trying to reinforce that fact but it still felt weird to say and talk about. Though he looked up confused. "Wait, am i even in?" He'd never asked for certain, he knew he was invited to the meeting but he hadn't known if that had been a one off.

He couldn't help but laugh, a deep laugh that the trees swallowed and that cut through the night sky. He shook his head wiping his eyes. "I'm sorry, I just thought of that old Grocho Marx bit." He began waggling his eyebrows pretending there was a cigar in his hand. "I would never want to belong to a club that'd have me as a member." His brow waggling some more before he let it die and took a sip of his beer.

"I think you're the first person to say anything like that. I've been called a lot of things, leader is a first. I just try to be nice, it doesn't cost me anything and it's nice to be nice." He gave another shrug though he was leaned forward listening to her now, his face slightly flush from the alcohol

"I was only level-headed in that Consilium because as an Apostate I felt it was less of my problem. If it had actually been my problem to handle, I don't know I'd have been as even keeled. I just thought they were both being little bitches. I give you both props for keeping cool as he essentially insulted your honor."

He took a second and thought about it, really thought about it. Though the alcohol made it hazy to hold onto. "I have a history Aurora. I've seen terrible things, people got hurt, I ran. I'm used to operating under the radar for my own safety. This, this invites eyes, ears...I don't know." He shook his head. The remote location having other reasons behind it. It might be an opportunity, but it was also a target.

"Yea, fish isn't really my style. Rather push at the hydrogen around them and..." He exploded his fist open and made a pop sound with his mouth. Then his head tilted to the side, another thought invading his mind, more research, more work.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

One shoulder shrugged, “I’d be up for that.” Why not?

She looked at the fire, a thoughtful look on her face, “You know? I’m honestly not sure.” Laughing as she spoke. “There are formalities to joining, and I believe you were invited to observe what we were all about and to see if it fit with what you were seeking. If joining is what you want, we can look into making it official.” But he needed to say the words, make that call.

At his laugh, and the waggling of the eyebrows, she laughed as well. A true, honest laugh. One she couldn’t remember the last time she had felt. “That was pretty damn good!” still chuckling.

“When you talked to me at the meeting, asking about what was going on, it sounded like it came from a place of honesty. Someone who wanted to know what was happening, and if his thoughts on it were wrong. I’ve always seen leaders as those willing to seek knowledge when they don’t have it. Willing to ask the questions that need to be asked. And yeah, being nice is always a good place to start. Sometimes that’s all that’s needed to defuse a tense situation.”
    Looking at him over her glass as she finished her beer, “And something tells me you can be tough when you need to be.” He had a good head on his shoulders.

Smirking with a laugh, “Well, they were. And sometimes people need to hear that. Truth can hurt to hear, but someone has to say it.” A shrug, “Eh, I’ve heard worse insults. I know my honor, and what I’ve done for those around me, I don’t take his words to heart. He was just blowing hot air.” She helped defend the Awakened from the Seer’s.

Things seemed to get a bit more somber, and she nods, “We all have a history, some of us with ones we are not proud of. But you know what?” turning to face him, “The past is the past, it’s what helped shape us into who we are today. We learn from it and we move forward.” It was how life worked. “I’m still struggling with what I did a couple years ago, with dealing with the lives I took. But in some way, some weird twisted way, it’s made me a stronger person. It’s made me stop and really look at myself, at who I was becoming, the path I was headed down. And I’ve grown. Take lessons from your past, but don’t let them stop you from becoming who you are destined to become.” Leave the past in the past.

A nod, “That would work too. Maybe a bit less messy than fish, that was, well, a whole mess.” Her nose wrinkles.

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He took his time, watching the fire and sipping his beer as she spoke of formalities. It was a big decision for him, he just had to stop seeing it as a yolk around his neck and see it for extra helping hands. "I don't think the philosophy of the Order and my own are at odds I don't think there's a high likelihood of being put in a situation I won't feel comfortable in. So, yea, we can do that. I've got a lot to learn and relearn."

He gave a small bow at the shoulders, arm flourished out to the side a bright, broad grin spread across his face. He took a sip of his beer, the smile dropping slightly, he knew he shouldn't have stepped in it for Anima. Getting involved at all puts your skin in the game and all the entanglements that come with it. He'd have to meditate on it later. "That's the scientist in me honestly, if the issue was Chemistry I'd feel confident speaking on my own behalf. But, i can't know everything so it makes sense to seek out the experts, or just best in field among us.

"I had ulterior motives there. I just wanted their slap fight to be over with so I could go back to vibing. It was like a mall food court in a bad 80s movie. " He couldn't help but snicker when he said he could be tough. "I don't like to be anymore, but yea. Alright. You seem like you could use a break and as far as I know it's just you and me. I can do it as a favor to a friend just let me know if people start looking into me." Privacy was something Guru was as serious as he could be about something.

He was terrified, absolutely terrified but she'd bore the responsibility long enough. With Campanella leaving she needed time for self reflection and discovery, this would push him into new territory too. He gave another nod, reaffirming the decision to himself before taking another drink. "You're right, it's the past but the past follows us. The past informs the present." He shook his head again, both hands wrapping around the glass. "Somethings you can't let go, some things you have to remember."

As she opened up he listened, he knew what she meant. It wasn't the same at all but he still felt the guilt, couldn't help but blame himself. "The fact you had that wisdom is good, it shows a great strength of character. We need to be able to do those kinds of assessments. If you ever need or want to talk about anything at all, well, you know where I live now. Oh and if you need I'm sure I could plant some hops and barely for you to use. I eventually want to buy up more of the farmland around and be entirely self sustaining."

He shook his head when she said less messy, "Oh I very much doubt that. But i have a lot of ways to clean up in my repretoire. If for some reason you need a cleaner you can call me. "

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A solemn nod as she listened and sipped, “We all do. And we can all help each other on the way.” It was the good thing with Orders. You had support.

Laughing, “Ever considered performing? You have the perfect bow for it.” He did. It was one that could draw in a crowd. “See, that’s what sets you apart from some of the others. Most speak when they don’t know a damn thing, yet speak like they do. It’s nice to have someone willing to admit they’re not sure and ask. I know I’d rather look like a fool and ask, then look like a fool and talk like one.” Cause that just wasn’t good.

A snort as she laughed, “Vibing is much more preferred.” Any day of the week. A questioning look, “People looking into you? Is that a common problem?” she was used to people knowing who she was. Well, used to be more of a thing a couple years ago, but still.

“It does follow us. But it’s up to us to not let it ruin the future. Learn from it, but leave it where it is, behind you.”
    Another sip, “I think you’ll be fine. It’s weird and scary at first, but you got it. Just remember to take no ones shit.” That was important.

She got silent for a few moments, thinking over what he said, then nods, “I had a few help me come to terms with what I did, but it’s something I’ll always carry with me. And thanks. Might take you up on that someday.” Who knows? She could. “Now planting some hops and barely? That sounds like a good thing and like it could be fun.” Too bad it wasn’t something she could take advantage of anymore. “But that sounds like a great goal. A peaceful one in a crazy world.” She needed that. Peace.

A sly smirk, “Why I happen to as well. I have three different skill sets to call upon when needed. But the fish didn’t need to be cleaned up, we left it in their sanctum for em.” A wink. “But always good to know there are others who can clean as well. Can never have too many of those around.”

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Nah I'll leave performing up to Kaze, already have to do that in meetings anyway. " He gave a one shouldered shrug her follow up made him pause though before his lips pulled back in distaste and he nodded. "Yea, you might be right there. I understand your meaning, I feel the same way. There was a phrase my old mentor used to tell me 'Quae nocent, saepe docent' what hurts, often instructs. You either learn to ask or learn by pain, I'll choose the former when it's offered."

Though the lessons by pain were far harder to forget. "Right? Can't we just do a potluck and discuss business why does everything have to be so...formal. " He raised an eye brow confused as to why people wouldn't be looking into him. "As Councilor I'm supposed to represent our Path right. That means I'll be making decisions based on what I feel we..." his hand moving back and forth between them the beer sloshing back and forth in the glass and it took him a second to regain his focus. "think is best. No way we're all going to agree, that means making unpopular choices. That means enemies. Enemies mean eyes. You find out where to apply pressure and squeeze." His voice was darker if dulled by the alcohol, digging into the ashes of a former life, though by the sound of his voice he'd been on the receiving end of this treatment.

His eyes drifted off into the fires again, shifting back in his chair to lounge again with a sigh. Hand moving up to ruffle his hair shaking those cobwebs free from his mind Smirk playing at his lips when she told him to take no shit; the spark coming back to life as he looked over and gave her a stiff nod. "IT's good to have people around." After his incident he'd only had Skye and she hadn't been much help in that department.

"Well, you know, I know a brewer who could use it so I know it won't go to waste. If you ever need to borrow something from my lab our equipment isn't so different." A light went on behind his eyes and he nodded in understanding. She'd probably studied with Campanella herself made sense she'd develop those skills too. "Oh yea, not so good at other sorts of cleaning. This was nice, thanks."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “He actually asked me for performing tips. Was a bit surprised by that, as how he performs and how I perform are totally different.” But she did try. “That’s a good saying.” And it was often the only way to learn.

Sighing as she leaned forward, looking at the fire, “I honestly don’t know. Formal has it’s place, and it’s not at every single gathering.” Not in her opinion. A nod as she continued to look at the fire, “Yes, you represent the Path. And it does mean making unpopular decisions, ones that should be for the betterment of the Path, not personal. Though that was my way of going about it. And you will make enemies along the way, there is no avoiding that. Even if you didn’t take the position, you still risk making enemies by simply disagreeing with someone. But don’t let that deter you from doing what you think is best. You will always have enemies, it’s just life.” And it sucked.

“Strength in numbers, it’s always been what has kept us safe.”
    And they were about to be down one. Damn, she didn’t want to do this. Leave. But it felt right.

A deep sigh, “It was nice. But I have to be honest with you, I had another reason for wanting to hangout.” Her eyes never left the fire, it was easier this way. “I’m leaving. I’ve been in the city for far too long and feel like I’m not getting anywhere. My studies have stalled, and the political climate is not one I can support anymore.” Finally, she looks to him, pain in her eyes, “I’m sorry to drop this on you. But it didn’t feel right to not let you know.” He’d been nice to her.

11. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread