Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 56
DISPLAYED
PrP: J&V - Next Steps

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The call to Rhodes is largely one-sided - after all, the Fairest does like the sound of his own voice.

"Fetches? They are dangerous, but they're most dangerous to their counterpart. No mask works, and if they believe they are human - which, from the sound of things this one does - suddenly seeing a changeling will cause unpredictable reactions, including manifestations of Fae powers. I have heard of them being like a... literal sleeper agent. Running wild once they sense their Changeling is nearby. Some don't stop from thinking they're human. They plead, they cry. But they aren't human. It's like turning off a realistic robot, except it runs on magic, not electricity. When they die, there isn't a corpse, just twigs and Hedgestuff that unravels. Just kill it and be done. No corpse, no weapon, no proof. Poof. Gone."

"Memories? What? Oh, I see." There's a long pause. "Trade in memories is an incredibly complex process, and it can be done, but it's usually with moments tied to pure emotions, or short gaps. Hobs love trade in them. But you're talking about decades. You can't just.... download that time. You could steal bits? They are a part of Fae-magic, so Oaths can work, but taking the bulk of it's life? You'd have to capture it and trade the memories for it with multiple pacts and so on... maybe there's a token of some kind, but it would be completely custom and not one I know of off-hand. It's just glimpses of key memories and playing the amnesia card, but it's a hell of a plan to fake and Ram had best have a hell of a poker face. But years? It would merge your memory, as if those things happened to you - you'd loose who you are. It's why memories are sold in snippets of seconds. Trying to do more? Permanently absorbing them? It changes one's history. Ram would not be Ram any more. It's walking into a prison of one's own making. This is why ninety-nine percent of changelings can't resume their old lives! The gulf is too great and they risk discovery. Ram doesn't know these people. He's trying to step into the gap to save them suffering. He won't. Trying to be a good man in this scenario just creates a huge lie. Sooner or later he will be discovered, whether the family doesn't accept him or his career unravels and it comes crashing down anyway. I can't stop him from trying. But what he's asking for? I doubt it could be be done in seven years, let alone seven days."

"Sometimes, a fetch weaves social armour around itself. It may or may not even realise what it's doing. And if it's doing something like that, creating a normal family life? You can leave it until it dies, but that is like leaving an unexploded bomb. A fae can trigger a Fetch it's made, and suddenly there's a new family of changelings all getting warped together. Or, you can detonate it. There's chaos and debris and crying, but no-one else will be hurt. You don't set up shop in the crater the bomb makes. Let the Winters know a fountain of sorrow is about to become fair game, lie low for a few weeks and let the death take it's course. What? Yes, of course it's harsh. Arcadia is worse. Do it right, you aren't hurting anyone - you're removing a thing, a blight. Needs of the many, and so on. Mmmm? My fetch? No, I haven't, but I have found him. And I have my own plans for dealing with the little bastard."

Pressing Rhodes on more depth only makes him keep returning to the same points. He has never heard of any way of recovering memories en masse, only select ideas or feelings. He thinks Ram should just destroy the fetch and bug out. He does wish them luck (admittedly with a wry tone) and ends the call saying "Don't get caught."

That's Rhodes' two cents - I'm happy for you to go either way.

Sounds like you have the makings of a plan!

I'll leave this open a few more days for your final reactions. Once that's done, I'll get up the next scene.

The focus is the fetch, so that's where it'll be - sounds like an evening assault on the Fire Station once the distraction is up and running. If I've missed something, just throw it at me in the OOC.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

2. Likes , , Aeolus liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She has her perplexities. But again, it's Ram's decision to make. As far as she's concerned, she'll stick around to prevent any collateral damage.
    good to go
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

4. Likes Xadun liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit listened to Ram's plan - it seemed as solid as they came in that situation. He wanted to object to igniting the oil spill or the truck or anything really - but if he was judging Titania for bringing her personal issues up again and again then he should keep his mouth shut as well. Fire made for a bigger distraction and they would be cautious enough to not get anybody else hurt.

While Circe was talking to Rhodes - or rather: while Circe was being talked to - Gerrit looked for Ram's eyes and gave a meek smile. "Let's get your life back. Just tell me what you need me to do."

I'm good to go as well.

6. Likes Xadun liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

It sounded like Circe could handle it and had a better way of doing it than he did.

He could her Rhodes rambling on the other side of the call. Ram scratched his horns and pinched his nose, thinking all they needed was a yes or no answer but he tried to pay attention. He made some good points on the memory stuff but the advice on not helping the family just brought back the feelings that Titania had. That they didn’t believe he could do it. However, while discovery was a risk, this was still the King of Fear and Ram took his words with a grain of salt. The Ogre had to at least try. After all, having a father vanish into thin air on a Thursday night when the rest of the crew was called away and the cameras suddenly went dead ALSO held risk that the family would try to find out what happened. Risked discovery and pain. And maybe Ram wouldn’t manage it and end up causing pain but at least there was a chance he’d be able to keep them happy.

"Thursday night, we meet up outside the station, wait for the engine to leave," he returned Gerrit's smile with a trusting grin "Then we kill it."

Let's do this!
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

8. Likes Aeolus, Xadun liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, Rhodes didn't pull any punches. And clearly her way was safer than risking the pain and comfort of the mortals. "Alright, thanks Rhodes," is her diplomatic rely to the King of Fear and Terror. Valid pints but Ram was not dissuaded.

"I'll hafta do some programming but it should not take too long. I WILL be sleeping Wednesday night though," because no way was she going to do some action hero bullshit with bags under her eyes.

ret2go. Sorry for delay, little Net upon vacay
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes Aeolus, Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Their plans made, the Changelings go their separate ways to prepare.

In less than seven days, it would be over. For better or worse.

Excellent! I'll get the next scene up and ready.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread