Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Depends on if the criticism is accepted on both sides.” She was beginning to see him…differently.

“There is not a council of five because we cannot keep people here long enough. The residents of Sacramento have become transient, maybe a long term side effect of the Time War. And having us all come to agreement on something depends on the issue, clearly. Like if someone insulting another is deserving of a punishment aside from telling people to grow up.” Was there enough beer for this?

To Phoenyx, “Having a Hierarch gives someone a third party who is supposed to be neutral, someone who can step in when there needs to be a voice of reason.” Clearly they needed one of those. “My vote will always rest with us having a Hierarch.” Nothing said here would change that. “I also agree that should one of us bring forth a grievance, there needs to be a Provost. But keep in mind, that if it’s decided to toss the Charter, it tosses that as well. Which, in my opinion, leaves it open for someone to abuse it. The one bringing the Grievance, or the one being accused, should not be allowed to vote on the matter. Plain and simple, it’s a conflict of interest.” She wasn’t sure if she was liking how this was going. “I also want to make sure we are not stepping away from the Charter because it is inconvenient or because it fits some messed up political agenda.”

There were many ways this was going to go. And she wasn’t sure she liked the options. Did Campanella have the right idea?

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Phoenyx's questions about his beliefs elicit a confused rise of his eyebrows, before the word inconvenient drops and he snaps to attention.

"No, I don't, and it has nothing to do with convenience."
    The indignation in his eyes is apparent. "When you step into the role of Councilor you're charged with interpreting the Lex and Tet to resolve disputes for the concilium. Declaring on the floor of concilium you'll ignore the rules set forth in the law we all follow because it contradicts your individual beliefs is wrong. Fundamentally, when someone comes forward with a grievance, it's not about you. You're beliefs aren't part of the laws unless someone swears an oath as a bronze law. You made it clear that issues of heresy were for members of the order to sort out themselves, but then declared that certain punishments set forth in the Tetragrammaton were not going to be enacted because of your order beliefs. That's straight up hypocritical and deserves to be called out. You're the Obrimos councilor, not the Arrow councilor. Just like I'm the Acanthus councilor, not the Libertine councilor."

It's not about convenience, it's about fairness. Declaring Free Council business for Free Councilors and then saying the Arrow gets to dictate that certain punishments are unsafe in a giant fortress all orders have access to and can stay at where the head arrow who objected lives? Not fair.

When Aurora tries to explain the situation with the Councilors he couldn't help but roll his eyes.

​"It has nothing to do with transience. You've had an Acanthus, Mastigos, and multiple Moros in the city for almost a year now. Most of whom seemed to have an opinion on the official proceedings but chose not to step into an official capacity. It needs to be made clear that you don't just chime in whenever when a trial is going on, and if you want your voice to be heard you need to pony up and join the council. Otherwise you have Path meets to make your opinions heard."

He takes a deep breath before continuing.

"I think only a Heirarch is asking for trouble. Not only is that not something most libertines could really get behind, it's a lot of pressure from the concilium as a whole for an individual to bear. There's also no real check on him like there is with us pointing things out and discussing on the floor. As for the charter, you're both wrong. The lex isn't designed to be used with a charter, but the charter is designed to expand on the lex. The charter is optional, and we agreed already unnecessary. If you want to form an oath of office we can swear as an oath, that's something we can do separately but we wouldn't be able to force it on anyone."

​"As for the issue of criticism, no I won't make a habit of doing it in the field or to other members of the concilium. The Council is the exception though. Sorry, but I don't give a crap if you two are comfortable being criticized. You stepped into the roles of leadership and make decisions that affect all of us. If you aren't obviously making the best decisions possible off the bat, you should expect questions and criticism. If you have an objection to that, Aristotle had a clear solution."

And with a shrug he returns to his beer and pizza.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow watches between Aurora and Puck. "It is valid that there have been individuals that could have filled the positions. But not everyone has the assuredness to step into that role shortly after arriving. Are you saying those people should only have a voice if they have, or are, a councilor?" She asked Puck. It didn't sound like any of the other Free Councilors she had met before, but maybe she simply did not know what that meant. It sounded wrong. Being a Councillor was a duty, but Puck made it sound like a final authority - one people, like him could arrive and step into without thought.

She listened to Aurora, and shrugs. "This concillium was surviving, at one point, with only four resident mages. The old Charter supposed sufficient dozens of mages to fill a council, Hierarch, provosts, Herald and Sentinels - none of which can be the same person - and not have that collection of roles outnumber the mages without titles, as would be if we tried that here. I agree that we should forfeit our votes when involved in an altercation, but the only way to apply a Charter here would be to write a full new one. I do not feel comfortable doing so - It is why I was hoping we could agree on some rules for ourselves as the council. Perhaps make an oath of them, as we become responsible for maintaining order and enforcing law." She shrugs again.

Pheonyx watches Puck curiously. "I... do not think it is about me. It is clearly not. If you took from my argument that I would ignore the laws, perhaps I made myself unclear. I strive would find tandem between the two, so that both are satisfied. If I could not, then I would abstain and carry out the decision of the council as whole. I speak for myself as Councilor, but I do not possess the authority of the whole, so I cannot dictate how the council acts; only give my voice as accountable truth to my intent. I do not, nor will not, stop being an Arrow while I am councilor. You find this incompatible, and object to my conclusion, but then I must ask - What do you do when a Libertine rule would have you act one way, and your duty as councilor would lead another? Would you seek a compromise between the two? Or hold your Council duty as the higher and ignore your Order's rule? Then what is the point in the latter?" She sounded almost fascinated, and had started smiling with an innocent curiosity, utterly oblivious to Puck's indignance. Asking him directly was the only way, in her mind. This was interesting to her. She slowly reached out and took a second slice of the Hawaiian pizza. If he was always going to criticize, was that a two-way street?

She paused, before adding, "I also think I am misunderstanding you. When you say "heresy" I originally thought you referred to the Free Council law Anima broke against you, that the Tet did not enforce. But now I think I misunderstood." The Arrow wasn't a lawyer. She really did just want to understand. "I truly do not have concerns with criticism. I just want to understand why you think my admitting that I weigh the philosophy of my Order's principles alongside the enforcement of the law is any different to anyone else in our position." Her voice never raises above a calm curiosity. It did mean Puck not getting quite the result he wanted. Such was the world. Was that what this was all about?
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Looking from Phoenyx to Puck, “I didn’t get any of that from what was said in Concilium. But maybe that’s because I know Phoenyx and know who she is as a person and as a Councilor.” She knew Phoenyx would never put one above another.

A shrug, “Some people don’t want the responsibility of being a Councilor, and I can’t blame them. Politics is a fucking pain in the ass. People want their voices heard, but don’t want to step into the political arena, and I won’t fault them for that. But had a trial been going on, there would have been ground rules established at the start, and they would have been followed. I’ve seen enough trials in my time to know. Had it been a trail, Anima would have been allowed council and it would not have been a free for all.” She thought that was pretty obvious.

“Decisions are not made based off what would make one Order more comfortable. They are made for the betterment of the Concilium as a whole. But I do agree, taking the position on is a lot for one to bear. But people have done it time and time again. I watched how it tore Campanella apart, changed him in a way he didn’t like. What do you want to check on a Hierarch? They are able to be challenged and removed from their seat. They are not the boogeyman some make them out to be.” She was too sober for this.

“In order for a Concilium to function as one, we need laws and rules set in place. The Charter helped with that, and no one had issues with it. Do we need to maybe alter it temporarily? Perhaps. But the Awakened that reside here need to know that they will all be held to the same Laws and rules as before, you tell them you’ve tossed the Charter, it could become a free for all.” Need to look at the bad parts of this.

A snort when she laughed, “Criticize me until you’re blue in the face if you want. I don’t care. I’m not here to please you or anyone else. I have fought and bled for this Concilium more times than I care to count. If you don’t like how, I do something, so be it. Whatever.” There more pressing matters.

Shaking her head, “We’ve always supported everyone having a voice, that’s not going to change.” Nope.

A solemn nod, “I remember it well. And it wouldn’t be the first time it has been rewritten. But I’m not part of the Ladder anymore, and I don’t know if I have it in me to rewrite it again. It was the current Councilors at the time, and we did the best we could. But times change.” And she was not a Ladder.

More beer as she listens to Phoenyx pose questions to Puck.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.

+1
    SL
    PRE

With a sigh the Enchanter lowers his food and begins to massage his temples as the others spoke.

"I have literally never said anything about people not having voices and my order should make it pretty obvious that's not what I meant."
    Indignation switches to irritation as his attention falls squarely on Aurora. "You can try to back track all you want but that was a trial. Charges were brought forward, arguments were made, and a discussion of punishment in accordance with the tetragrammaton was had. Your pontification on what the trial should have been only highlights what you failed to deliver. Or is your insinuation that you get to dictate what is and is not a trial by yourself?"

Either way, Anima's need to reimagine the past was shifting from an Anima thing to a Shaman thing. With a deep breathe he continues looking between the two mages.

"So follow up question for both of you. Would a sleeper walk into a court room and critique the judges in real time? I can tell you that's not how the assembly operates. In the Council, Syndics will introduce the topics of discussion and debate the different angles. Once they're done, they open the floor for debate. At our trial, which was a trial, the judges never even got to the final sentence for either of the charges. It was a total failure that everyone got to watch. So maybe, rather then have a councilor go off to explain the basics of due process to one mage, all the councilors should step to the side and cover the business aspect before opening the floor for the concilium to discuss."

Eyes once again settle on Aurora.

"As for the charter, two out of three have said toss it so that's done. Calling it a free for all is nothing but hyperbole when the actual laws with an enforcement mechanism are all still intact and in place. That's how a council works, we vote on things and whatever option has the most votes gets enacted. One person telling the others 'that's not going to change' isn't how this works and never should have been."

Attention is shifted back to his pizza before moving to Phoenyx.

"'A severe reprimand would interfere with oaths taken and the standing orders of the Arrow.' Those were the words I was referencing when I questioned if your order precluded you from carrying out your duties as a Councilor, because to me, it sounded like you were saying that you were ordered not to enact certain punishments. In this instance severe reprimands. You've said that wasn't the case now and I believe you. I honestly think that spiraled into a misunderstanding that wasn't intended and you've already clarified my concern in a way I'm entirely satisfied with. To answer your question though, I'd also choose to remove myself from a situation if I felt that my order precluded me from doing the job of a councilor correctly."

Pause. Deep breath. And back to talking!

"Legally, he broke Emeritus when he called me those names, and I'd argue a second time when he lied to both of you. The heresy is in calling me a plebian. Libertines don't believe in hierarchy. Part of how we reject the influence of the seers is rejecting the notion that anyone has authority or status over anyone else. We don't enforce it outside the order or anything, but when Anima as a libertine calls me a literal peasant? That's him pretty clearly thinking he's better then someone else. So as one libertine to another, it was heresy. It's hard to hold a vote in an order of two though, so I brought it forward to the Council. I started high with a severe reprimand hoping to negotiate down to the payment of a debt. Since payment of a debt can be agreeing to or performing an action I was going to try and talk you two into helping me enforce his expulsion from the order as his final punishment for the emeritus breach. Obviously, it didn't get that far."

His eyes bounce down to the food one more time but he chooses not to reengage. He doesn't need food or drink for this.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow took a slow breath, measuring her words.

"The incident was the opening to a trial. We were hearing the openings of the accusor and accused. Had Anima not admitted fault and his decision to leave Sacramento, he would have received council and the trail would have proceeded fully. Instead he confessed guilt effectively enacted a self-imposed banishment." She pauses her slow worlds, taking another bite and thinking. "Suggesting that the council should discuss topics beforehand is good, and part of why I wanted us to do so. Last time it pressupposes that we knew about the incoming accusation, and people's support in either side could be considered offer of council. We are few, and should not deny people their voice. Our role is to serve, not rule."

She sipped her tea and continued. "There would still be the Lex Magica to provide order. We are facilitators of that order and interpreters of that law. The Charter also includes spcifics such as trail procedings. Buit mostly it covered what the Concillium should do and official roles should do, of which we have three. It comes down to what rules of the Charter are truly worth enforcing with the Concillium as it is. If we, as councillors, agreed to use the former charter's trial proceedings, would that be enough? If everone decided to elect a Hierarch, that is their right." She gives a small shrug, finally finishing her second slice.

Phoenyx looked to Puck, listening carefully before answering his question. "If you are free to critque others, do they not also have that right? We are answerable to the society we serve. It is not as a Sleeper court or even an Order gathering, because the people we answer to are right there, able to judge our actions. People voicing their opinions at us is no difference from you questioning my reasoning. If we went to the next concillium and one of the Moros declairs themselves councillor, does that mean they now have more rights to an opinon that they did last time?" It was exactly what Puck had done. Her voice stays calm though - to the Arrow, this was simple debate.

She listens again as Puck makes his point on her clear, nodding. "I see. What I meant as an explanation of my interpretations appeared as if I was responding only to an order. That makes sense. As for abstaining, we would do the same." She seemed perfectly happy with the explanantion.

The final comment of Puck's earns a small nod. Technically, it was true. It could also be said that Puck had not earned that position of respect, and that he was running to the big kids after being called a name - But that was retreading old ground and would only make more arguements. It was settled, and in the past. "So my understanding of heresy was accurate, at least - however the Free Council required arbitration because the numbers were insufficient to reach a conclusion. I feel there is a lesson to be learned there." The comment drew out a small smile.

Sorry for the delay - been a busy week

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shake of her head, “I’m not backtracking.” She begins, “And that was certainly not a trial. As a previous Factotum for the Ladder, I am well versed in what makes a trail and what does not.” Pouring herself more beer, “The charges were brought up, Anima had the chance to respond, and would have been within his right to request council. Which didn’t happen. What happened was you got your feelings hurt and wanted to levy extreme punishment. We heard your accusations, and as we should do, we have Anima the chance to respond. Had he agreed to doing wrong, a proper and fair punishment would have been levied. Had he not? Then we would have set a date for a trail, where each party could come prepared with facts and a Factotum had they requested one. That did not happen.” Taking another sip, “Or have you conveniently forgotten how accusations and trails work?” a sip taken. Then another. She was done with this.

A sigh, “I’m not debating what is and what is not a trail with you.” And that was that. Let the little Free Council think whatever he wants. “I don’t disagree that it was a total failure. It wasn’t handled correctly. The charges should have been brought forth and a date for a trail set. But things got quickly out of hand because without a full council, the laws have been up in the air and no one knows what the fuck is going on.” See, this was why she left politics.

“And that is fine. I’m still holding my Path to the Lex and what comes with it. And once the other Paths setup, it can be readdressed with a table of five.” What was that saying about arguing with stupid?

Again with the name calling. “If I was able to bring charges against every Awakened in my life that has called me names, there wouldn’t be a community. There was a more adult way to handle things then demanding harsh punishments. Though I suppose it’s hard to expect everyone to act like adults and not grade school children.”

Pushing her chair back, “I intend to pass the position of Councilor to Guru. I got out of politics a while ago to avoid the childish debates. I’ve been down this road once too many times and I’m too damn old for it. So, you guys have fun.” Looking to Phoenyx, “I’ll call you later.” And walks out.

Aurora leaves the scene without waiting to hear replies

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I announced my intent back in March." He's looking at Phoenyx, and his attention doesn't budge as Aurora exits. "You can say what you want about what should have happened, but I told Anima and both of you two months before the official get together and I'd bet you both chose to do nothing until the official meeting."

While he certainly wasn't impressed with how things were handled, he didn't seem so offended as to walk out.

"I feel the disagreement about voices and the right to an opinion is also being misconstrued. The point of an analogy to a court room is that the feedback isn't immediate. Most states have vehicles to hold accountable the judiciary, it's just not immediate. You don't think it's a big deal now because nothing is going on, but if we have multiple trials and an actual seer or banisher presence in the city, are you really going to want to open the floor to the peanut gallery and do a round robin discussion before getting to the serious council business? Because right now you're setting an expectation, one I don't mind personally, but one that is going to make dealing with multiple issues in one meeting impossible."

Law and custom aren't light switches you flick on and off when you need them. They're a standard held throughout an organizations existence. Once they slip into complacency they turn into nothing more then a façade.

"No one is being silenced and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but a Concilium is a representative democracy based on Path. If Aurora doesn't like my opinion that's tough shit for her. Just like if I don't like your opinion that's tough shit for me. They need a councilor because that's how their voices are heard. At Path meetings. With their Councilor. If you want to do round robin then let's drop the Diamond façade and just do an Assembly. Everyone votes and it doesn't matter who wants to take what position."

Finally his attention looks down to his food again before looking at his glass. He doesn't say anything at first, but after a few seconds he returns his attention to Phoenyx.

"In case it was in doubt, I'm not acknowledging anything said by someone who literally calls me childish before storming out of the room."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

As Aurora said her piece, Phoenyx didn't interrupt. There was nothing more to add to it. She only wished everyone could be so concise in their thoughts and lay them out so easily.

Of course, the comment about being children felt uncomfortable. Was she being childish? This was hard for the Arrow. She was trying, but seemed to have annoyed Aurora.

And now she was leaving.

"Ah.... alright," she replies to her friend as she leaves. There was a hollow feeling in the bottom of her stomach. The Arrow needed to figure out how she upset her friend, but also needed to finish talking with Puck.

"I.... was agreeing with you?" Phoenyx replies to the Acanthus, confused. Was it something about her? Most things she said Puck seemed determined to take in the worst possible light. "I am curious what you would have had us do. I make no secret that I live here and that I am available for business as needed. I suggested a formal grievance wait until an official concillium as is common procedure, and it did. In that time, neither you not Anima did anything until the meeting. No council, no support." She shrugs. "I endeavor maintain what order is possible in concillium meetings. If you have a better Idea than what I have been doing you are more than welcome to try it." She sips her tea. "I have been here while this Concillium was at war. If we had Seers or banishers in the city, I assure you I would make that issue with the highest priority, as I would be the one responsible for the Concillium's protection by the tenets of my Order. You have not seen what I can and will do when circumstances are more serious than debates over a breach of Emeritus. I can prioritise and will adapt, should any of these hypothetical scenarios you are suggesting."

She pauses, setting down the cup. "Councilor, by that very logic if there is no councilor, there is no voice. For someone who does not believe in Hierarchy you appear to be setting a lot of store in our authority as councilors. This concillium is not truly a representive democracy if paths are not represented - it merely aspires to be. I do not want a round robin - I, personally, would have a hierarch and no council but this concillium chose, collectively, to have a Council of Paths to represent it and I am following that decision. Councillors represent their Path but have a duty to the concillium as a whole, as you stated." The Arrow remains completely calm, this, to her is a simple debate, back and forth.

She watches Puck again, thoughtfully. "I can see your perspective. If allowances are made for minor infractions, what worth is the law. I can see the other side, which is if someone wants to, they can bring legal proceedings against a single insult flippantly issued. I realise this was about more just the insult - but it did appear that way and could easily be seen to be nothing more." She clasped her hands in front of herself. "In these cases, we are required to interpret the Laws, and there is room for both sides - it is why the law needs interpretation. If you want to change the processes of the concillium and have your ideas, I am happy to discuss them and put it to the concillium. If you simply wish to inform us we should be better at managing official grievances, I think you have made your point."

She sighs quietly. This had not gone at all how she had expected.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh. Well alright then."

This was awkward. Puck listened as Phoenyx laid out entirely reasonable observations and ideas that he had clearly misconstrued. It was officially a pattern. Someone annoyed Puck, Puck got irritated, Phoenyx got caught in the crossfire. Rinse and repeat.

"I would have done the trial, acknowledged it was a trial, and accepted any failures that stemmed from it as a learning opportunity."

He shrugs. The Enchanter didn't really care that the trial had been a mess, he cared about the historical revisionism that was being attempted.

"That's how the concilium works. While I don't agree with it personally, I was under the impression I was recognized by a concilium and that I would be performing the duties of a councilor of a concilium. Every single person has the opportunity to be represented, some have simply chosen not to be. That's their choice to surrender their voice to laziness or convenience or whatever the case maybe. We may make decisions for the concilium, but it's our paths that we answer to because that's how the Pentacle operates."

To Phoenyx's closing thoughts he simply nods in agreement. His pizza is stuffed back into the box and he downs what's left in his glass of beer.

"Also, since it's just us and I can deny ever having said this?"
    He takes a deep breath as he rises from his seat. "I apologize for being a bit of a dick to you on several occasions now. I feel like we worked through concilium, but I was still a jerk on the astral dive and even today. When people start to irritate me, I kind of forget who I'm getting irritated with and just snap at whoever's around? And, well, first Anima being Anima at the trial, then Crystal being passive aggressive in the astral, now Aurora's wannabe dictatorship of harmony and love. I get pissed off, and you're around trying to do your job. So I mouth off and you kind of keep getting stuck in the middle?"

He grabs his pizza box and Aurora's as he rises from his seat. His eyebrows arch up and he tries to force a smile despite clearly being uncomfortable with what he's saying.

"That's on me. So I'm sorry. Also it's getting late."

Was anyone watching the clock? Time flies when you're arguing with a Master.

I believe we've hit the one month mark and this seems as good a point as any to stop. Thanks for the interesting scene!

11. Likes Xadun liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread