Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

As Jennifer studied the Heir Erlingson, she recognized the use of Dominate. The Nosferatu considered what she knew about this bloodline. This was making her more apprehensive about a fight with these Kindred. She studied the man for a minute, noting his appearance to be able to give a good description. She looked to the car he was nearing, attempting to study and memorize the liscense plates if they were not obscurred.

Jennifer nodded to Milton, stating. "I recognize this ability. I suspect something that I will share in private." She was unsure how alert the other Kindred were and if they were attending her words. "I have some knowledge of the occult. I do appreciate your assistance."
    Mr. Northbridge's assistance was valuable. She appreciated that he was willing to open himself up by sharing his knowledge.

The Priscus looked to Dirt Nap, noting how he positioned himself. She appreciated his protective presence, for this certainly was an encounter frought with risk. Jennifer studied the others for a moment, taking in the shields which would make attacking them more difficult. The appearance that had been shared by Connor, hinting that they were already in a fight. The resources may be low if they had already tapped their well and healed themselves. Yet it also suggested a dangerous avenue where they may be close to frenzy. Jennifer had already counted in her head - she knew Connor's martial history and trusted Dirt Nap in a fight. Edward and Addy were unknown to her.
    "I don't think we need this fight." She speaks quietly to Addy, Dirt Nap and Mr. Northbridge. "Addy, I know this is hard to recognize now. Yet we can act later with more resources."
    She intended to learn more about their foes.
    The Priscus made her decision.

"Gentleman, return to me, please." She addressed Mr. O'Brien and Mr. Heinrich, her serpentine voice calm and authoritive. She gave Heir Erlingson nothing, no names to look into. She stared at the powerful elder as he made his movements. Aware in case he attempted to move on Edward and Connor. Jennifer did not think he would, recalling her earlier appraisal of the kindred. He wanted to go. She would let him.
    After all, the Domain boasted of powerful fighters who could be interested in these activities.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Endymion, Ruach liked this post

Dirt Nap

Addy looks ready to spring and his lips are drawn into a thin line. The part at Jennifer's words, and twitch like he's ready to argue. Or disregard her. Or just snarl in a lead up to frenzy. The seconds seem to lengthen in anticipation of the untrustworthy cur giving into the beast.

Addy collapses into a heap, turning away from the scene of his coterie mate being driven away by the raiders. He buries his head in his knees and arms.

Erlingson’s smile mocks the Kindred as he watches them whisper and cower among themselves. Still without turning around he picks up the shield and then finds the door latch to open it. White teeth flash one final time before he ducks into the car, using the shield to block himself from view in the window, and gives a bark to his team.

The vampire at the passenger seat vanishes into the car as well and the other… hesitates before getting in but not yet shutting the door. The car starts moving, going out the gate in the fence. As it turns right the man who hesitated falls out, tucking and rolling down the gravel hill.

The car stops. Geir’s voice come from inside. Forceful, but the man doesn’t move. Instead he says something in the Scandinavian tongue, closes his eyes, drops his shield and moves away at a fast walk. There’s yelling from inside the car, indignant but very angry. The raider raises his hands above his head and starts walking blindly towards the Domain investigators.

“I surrender. Asylum. Asylum!” he calls as the engine behind him roars. He flinches as if expecting to be run over but instead it peels away and down the train tracks on to the main road. For a split second they can see Erlingson lean over to slam shut the door. He’s glaring daggers at the man and not smiling.

Car leaves the scene.

4. Likes Endymion, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap ventures to rise up from his crouching position, enough to get a good look at the would be prisoner.

His main concern is whether he's dressed in such a way as to potentially conceal a suicide vest of explosives or serious weaponry in any case.

"I could try to follow 'em, aflight, if you want, Ma'am." Dirt Nap offers to the Lady Hazelton in a near inaudible tone. "Me bein' masked, they shouldn't suspect a thing."

1 success

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor feels the mental paralysis leave as the car drives off, then he watches the Kindred be forced out. He sheaths his knife and draws his pistol, drawing a bead on the raider. He pulls back the slide and releases it to make an audible sound for the raider to hear. "It won't kill you right away, but it won't feel good, I promise. Now I want you to lift your shirt and turn around slowly. Any movements I don't like and I'll put a bullet in your skull." The Haunt watches closely for anything that may be hidden on his person, though he won't know for sure if anything is obfuscated. He keeps his gun on the raider until he's sure that the Kindred has nothing that will immediately hurt anyone.

Looking for Weapons (Failure)
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton watches events unfold with a keen eye, seemingly inured to the suffering of Addy. Frankly, it's a little distasteful to Milton's mind. One should have more control in public.

Like everyone else, he stares down the asylum seeker with frank distrust. He approves of Mr. O'Brien's...forceful command and takes the opportunity to look over their new acquaintance, trying to ascertain whether he is a threat.

1 success

The Lord gives Dirt Nap a nod of agreement. His suggestion is sound. Almost as an aside, he speaks casually to Jennifer, "Mr. Clay has a good idea. The rest of us should get off the street as quickly as possible. To...talk while he keeps an eye out."

Milton's bland gaze wanders to the building. It's apparent what he's thinking. Perhaps they can seek shelter there. Investigate the scene of the crime and have a chat with the...new arrival.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

How boorish. Edward watched impassively at Geir smirked, turning at Jennifer's words. He returned as bid.

The unexpected surrender was given, a threat made, and a frisk demanded. Edward frowned; this was no way to treat an asylum seeker, but he won't butt in unless it escalated.

Mr. Clays idea? But the words were clearly not addressed to him, and he wasn't the type to pry.

Instead, he waited with eyes on Jennifer.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considered Dirt Nap's request. It needed to be quick, yet she had reservations.
    "If you think that's best, you have my best wishes to do so. Although I would need you to tell me you are well before the dawn. I do intend to use my allies to pursue the identity of these, so we may be set there."
    No guarantee, however.

"I take custody of you, although your fate rests in the hands of Sofia. I am the leader of the haunts. She uses the Prince's alias, yet the spirit was the same- she would take not a bit of the prince's power. Only serve as she could assist the Prince.
    She was wary about giving out information, in case this was a ploy and he was still communicating with Erlingson.
    "Up." She barks, to Addy as much as the prisoner. They didn't have time to feel defeat or despair... And her sire had taught her how to use fear. Interrogation could be something she's good with.

She nodded to Milton and Connor. " I'll include you in my thoughts. Good advice, sir." To Milton, still not Sharing his name.
    " Cousin, can you accompany our new guest with me? Mr heinrich, can you take charge of Addy. We'll be going t ( address)" She gives the location of one of her havens. "We're ready to move.'. She advised. Jennifer would keep a close eye on the prisoner.

Addy hadn't earned much trust, but at least he'd listened. She arranged for connor and herself to travel in one vehicle.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

The man freezes when he hears the sound of the gun and at O’Brien’s instruction he slowly reaches down to pull up his shirt and turn around. If anything, he seems to relax even more as the sound of the car engine disappears into the night.

Connor and Milton

Milton

At Jennifer’s bark, he dropped his hold and raised his hands again. His posture a bit unsure he that’s what he was meant to do. Anticipatory of a gunshot from Connor’s direction, but otherwise motionless.

At the commotion, Addy had begun to look up and Hazelton’s bark made him jump a little. He looked between the prisoner, the church his expression hardening; then between Heinrich and Hazelton before giving a nod to his Prisucs.

“Of course,” he replied, ready to move. Now they just had to trust him not to kill their one unliving link to the raiders.

Three days left. Final round of posts before we move scenes to Jennifer’s haven.

Need a decision from Dirt Nap if he’s going to scout the enemy.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

(Change form to burrowing owl)Vitae 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods and then slides under the car out of sight, and changes to the form of a California Burrowing Owl.

He then hops out from under the car and beats his wings hard, trying to gain enough altitude to see the Raider's Car, at least a direction and try to trail it from a distance.

Statted as Bat form for simplicity sake.

Dirt Nap exits scene.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread