Ended
Watch

Frisbee in the Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Apr 15, 2020 : Warm Day in the Park
Public movie night at the bookstore
Jun 21, 2021 - Jul 22, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It had been a while since Puck had gone on one of his walks and bumped into somebody. In fact, it was back when Puck first talked to Kaze and Skye at the waterfront. It seemed the Winds of Chance had seen fit to part Puck from the other awakened for a time, and now that he wasn't avoiding anyone anymore? It was time to start reconnecting.

As he approaches the group an eyebrow quirks up as he watches Mordechai hobble off.

"What did you do?" His eyes fall on Popsicle, and his mouth quirks up into a smirk. It's too bad he missed the teasing of Eulogy. Fortunately, he had plenty of time to tease Popsicle instead.

The Enchanter is dressed simply. Plain white tshirt, sneakers, and jeans. He's carrying a water bottle with a chunk of ice at it's center. Because jeans in this summer heat? Gotta be prepared.

Technically Puck hasn't met Popsicle yet, but I was planning to close the recognition before Sanctuary (June 1) so Popsicle would be squared away. That date should be weeks before this enters continuity so I'm gonna roll with it.

2. Likes Damaged Goods, , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru really thought everyone was making a big deal out of nothing on this one. Though he might be jaded by past experience there, how often did anyone here try and do an amputation in the field? Probably just you Guru. Guru raised an eyebrow as Kaze gave him the all clear but didn't say anything, not faulting him for being overly cautious.

He waved to Corn as he showed up but leaned back as he continued shaking his head. "Think you need a toke bud, you're all tense man. Just relax, go with the flow." He shook out his arms letting them flop loosely at his sides. "Too rigid man, have a little fun now." He couldn't help it, Jake seemed like he was still at work. The Work wasn't going anywhere, it would always be there but Guru had the benefit of knowing he had a lot more time than most. Barring the violent end that was ever present in their lives.

"Shit I can get you something a little stronger than aspirin." He looked around conspiratorially before fishing into his pocket and pulling out his vaporizer pen as he brought it to his lips and took in a hit and held it before offering it to Mordechai and exhaling as he closed his mouth and covered the coughs.

"You could say I'm a Baker." He gave a small laugh at his own pun when Jake complimented his cooking skills. "Textbooks are a little harder to get in ebook format. I usually do audiobooks when I can. As for the invite, might wanna talk about that another time." He couldn't help but chuckle again getting a bit of the giggles now.

He looked at Alex and squinted a bit, she was really hard to look away from it was almost like looking at the sun. That and the actual sun as it took him a second and he shifted to the side so he could see again. "School for what" Then he gave a startled jump as Puck started talking, Guru missing him walk up. Taking a breath as he'd taken a step away from the noise. "Jesus! Oh hey!" He switched gears once he saw it was Puck giving him a small wave.

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, hey...Jacob!" Kaze says, not having remembered Corn's other than Corn name. "Oh, yeah. I'm going by 'Chris', now. It's an acting thing, you know, for a job." He explains vaguely.

He grins, "Much better than boardgames!"

Kaze realizes that this is probably embarrassing for Eulogy and backs off in an effort to stop hovering. "Oh, sure. It totally happens. I mean..it can." I guess. I never saw anyone that messed up from a frisbee tho.

"Oh wow, really? Can I ask what you're studying? Are you at UC Sacramento or another school?" Kaze asks Popsicle excitedly. He apparently is kind of excited about school, though he looks both too old and too actively jock-like to be so enthusiastic about sitting in a classroom!

"Oh, yeah, sure. Nice meeting you!" Kaze does his best to let Popsicle off the hook graciously if she doesn't want to hang out in the sun answering questions.

"Oh hey!" Kaze greets Puck without using a name but obviously knowing him from somewhere. "You guys know each other?" He asks after Puck greets Popsicle.

Kaze glances over at Guru speculatively when he seems jumpy about Puck joining them. He doesn't remember Guru being like that the last time they hung out. Of course, that was a while ago.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"I am working on a bookstore and I am a part-time research assistant in geology fields in the university here. What is your field, Popsicle?" He said to the charming woman. When she mentioned she loves bookstores, Corn smiled. "Oh, amazon did hit us if you ask the owner but we make through without much of a problem. We also have a room for board games and we're also selling e-books. Or, well, I hope we will start selling audiobooks and e-books soon, if my boss takes my suggestions." Better not tell a group of mages that his boss is his uncle.
    "We have, in the bookstore I mean, more than one book-clubs. I could let you have your pick. Maria, my fiancé, is part of one of the book-clubs but, frankly, I am not in it. Their choices and follow-up discussions are too.. " don't say girly! "... outside my interests in material and theme. What books do you prefer to read? And do you want a chatty book-club where people simply talk, drink cheap wine pretending it is good wine and snaks, or a more formal one where the ring-leader for lack of a better term leads the discussion and they all take turns one by one?" Snobs, the lot of them. Elise kicking me out because I didn't manage to get past the half of the Infinite Jest as if the book is easy to read. We have a life too Elise...

Guru's words that he's too tense when he was in his most relaxed were puzzling to him. And a bit disappointing as he tried to appear relaxed... OK, he was a bit salty that he was kicked out of Elise's fancy book-club, he would miss the snacks and putting up airs. But he was relaxed. Wasn't he?

Corn nods to what Kaze said and adds "We can always hung out and play board games there." with a relaxed smile. Soon, he notices Puck too.

"Hello friend!" He said to Puck with a smile and wave. What Puck could notice is that apparently Corn was trying a tad too much to appear relaxed.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

8. Likes , , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

From his spot on the grass Mordechai watched as the group was joined by another of the awakened, Puck. Mordechai feeling much better now that he was off his feet, waved and said "Hello."

Mordechai couldn't help but smile as Guru offered the vaporizer. He immediately shook his head and said "Oh no thank you. I want to keep my mind in this reality for the moment." He wasn't against altered mind states, he just preferred them under very controlled conditions like while safely at home, laying on the couch listening to Souxie and eating afresh batch of gingerbread cookies.

After that he just sat and listened. About the book club and Amazon, Baking and boardgames. The conversation flowed all around him. Again the mortician could not help but smile, another facet of life. All things considered he was enjoying the day so far.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (mercurial)
    Striking Looks (mesmerizing)
    Popsicle

NIMBUS:
    FATA MORGANA - several stacked up duplicates of Popsicle seem to drag along behind her and ahead of her in what might be future actions. The images superimpose on each other until they become indiscernible.

+2
    SL
    PRE

What did you do? The voice was familiar but it was somehow surprising to hear it. The girl's head turns to the direction it emanated from. It was Puck!

”You!” And she chuckles. Popsicle seemed surprised to see her fellow Acanthus.

”Isn’t it obvious? I mean, do you know them?” She continues. ”Do you all know him?” What were the odds? Odds, if only Acanthi could control them.

The exchange continues and the Apostate follows up trying not to cut anyone.

”I’m still trying to decide what I will study, I like a lot of stuff…” The disappointment was obvious, as if recognizing it was somehow a fault of hers – giving in to the dabbler in her, never pursuing things to the very end.

Then there was the follow-up on the book club thing, Popsicle wondered what people did at a book club, what was it like? And board games? Why didn’t they just grab the Nintendo? it was practical. And now, what could she answer Jacob that didn’t kill his enthusiasm but let her off the hook? Aside from an excuse for drinking she never found much purpose for board games… but maybe that was her fault to. For not being competitive enough.

”Well, you know… I kinda… I’m not very… I mean, I never participated in this book club thing. Or never did much of board games except Djenga and shots…” There, she finally admitted and shrugged, clearly she couldn’t care but she didn’t entirely dismissed the proposition – there was the entire social aspect to it and that part she knew she could enjoy.

Thank you for waiting on me.
    health: willpower: mana:

12. Likes Shane, , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck couldn't help but laugh as this merry band of misfits seemed startled by his appearance. To be fair? He had been using a lot of vinegar lately, and it seemed Fate had deigned it time for honey instead.

"I studied journalism."
    Back in the day. "Back in Minnesota forever ago. I've found it to be pretty rewarding myself."

"And yes, Popsicle is the newest member of our community. Popsicle, this is the community."
    He leans in a bit towards Popsicle as a finger bounces back and forth between Guru and Kaze. "Also? That's Guru and Kaze if you're interested." His voice is just above a whisper. It wasn't a big deal, but he had mentioned her fellow apostates before and this seemed as good a time as any for introductions. Especially since the heavy lifting seemed to be done already. Yay teamwork!

"I've never been big on book clubs personally. For me the fun was letting my mind wander after I read something, and that never seemed to fit well with guided discussions."

Also he almost never had time to read for fun anymore. That also put a damper on things.

14. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru took another hit and then when Morde took a pass he nodded and returned to a resting position. "This one? Why settle for something so drab." Laughing before he took another hit and then pocketed the vaporizer again. He couldn't say Corn didn't know his books and book sales. "Hard to get me to sit still long enough for a board game most of the time."

He looked to Kaze and couldn't help but laugh again. "Oh man you should combine the two for your SAG name. I can see it now, Chris Chase is Jack Ryan in Dead Wire. Gotta ring to it, definite action movie vibes."

As they talked about school Guru shrugged, "I did a couple years at Community College but dropped out. I didn't know what I wanted until I started doing it." He looked over at Puck, swearing he heard his name but brushing it off shortly after, probably not. "Did shots roulette before, did the hot sauce thing once. Turned out, not a good idea."

16. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze laughs out loud at Guru's urging, well everyone, but mostly Corn at the moment to smoke a joint!

"You think it'd be good for everyone, Josh!" Kaze exclaims!

"You're fine, Jacob. Just, you know, you be you." Kaze says with a grin.

He nods at Popsicle. "Yeah, I didn't know what I wanted to do in college. I mean, I went there on a scholarship, football, and then got hurt and couldn't play, so I had some time to just...try stuff, you know?" Kaze says with a smile. "Nothing really stood out tho. I thought maybe medicine, but now...I think I'm more 'artsy' than I thought. Acting at least, is cool."

He chin juts at Puck. "Cool!" He says when Puck confirms Popsicle's mage status. "And yeah, I mean, I guess I never really am reading something popular, like that other people are reading at the same time."

Kaze shrugs, "It's not totally just my choice. 'Chris Chase' is already taken, actually. I mean, not by anyone famous, but by someone with screen credits already." He explains. "It does sound cool, tho. Props."

Kaze smiles and asks, "So...now you do know what you want to do?" He's looking at Guru curiously.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

18. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

When Puck reveals Popsicle is one of them, Corn chuckles. "Well, by bookclub I kinda meant the ...special group we are all in. However, I do work in a bookstore and we do bookclubs where you read books and discuss them. However, if they are not your thing, you're not alone. Same with board games. A few months ago, we got together with Chris so I could show him how to play board games, mostly as means to socializing. "
    Then, he turned to Kaze . "We should gather for a movie again at some point."
    Turning to Guru , Eulogy and Puck he added. "If some of you are interested, Popsi you included, we could have a movie afternoon in the bookstore or the ... main place where we all gather every month or so. The later choice would let us be more ourselves than the bookstore but perhaps people won't feel as comfortable there. "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

20. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread