Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Edward and Mable

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 3, 2021 : (2105) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward raises an eyebrow back, "something like that." It was so much a part of his life and identity for so long. His entire twenties had been eighty-hour weeks without family, hobbies, or friends outside of work. How could person and profession not become one and the same? And even though it had been so long it was hard to shake that way of seeing himself.

"It is a beautiful sport." Edward agreed, "although the style I practice bears stark difference from both Theatric and Olympic. It is a traditional french system." Edward speaks with quiet pride. It had been passed down from Sire to Childe generations back.

"Nothing to extend yet, I am merely counting my chickens before they hatch. My comment was only to say that I plan to be here for some time; and that, one night, when I have belief in the worthiness of my own service to the Domain, I will request it formally."

Her explanation of motives was taken without question. Boxing struck a chord of interest within him, but he wouldn't discuss it tonight.
    "I understand. The presence of Kine keeps the Man rooted, and to be uprooted is a dangerous thing indeed."

"Plus," Edward let the tone go light, "what's eternity without a little fun?"

Edward's ears picked up a few phrases that rose eyebrows, and he turned to where the newest Shadows lounged in the corner. Do they understand the meaning of 'formal?' Then again, they looked the type to cry 'Invictus Domain' when basic courtesy was asked of them.

The narcissism of the Mekhets' was something to behold. The idea, manifested in behaviour, that they could stroll into somehow else's Domain and be treated as an equal without a shred of achievement to their name. Horatio and now these two, what a joke that clan was.
    And then Quinn stalked over. Enter stage right: the exception. Edward wondered if they knew how lucky they were.

"Naturally," Edward drawled, in theory to Mable although his gaze was on the Mekhets, "time and place is key."

And then two more: JC and the Prince. The latter's words showing the mercy Edward had come to expect from Alessandra. But this was more than mercy. Maeve insulted the Prince. His eyes shifted to Quinn.

This was far past a banishment to the barrens, far past some showy punishment of standing in a shadow. Maeve had insulted the Prince. Not by accident like Mable, no, this was no accident. If it were up to Edward, the male would be banished to the barrens for conducting himself like a fool, and Maeve would be given a choice between the flaying knife and permanent leave.

But it wasn't up to Edward, and so he let his eyes returned to Mable's with a smile, "tell me, do you have a favourite trail?"
    But his ears were open, it was wise to attend to the flow of court.

2. Likes liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"If I can help you with looking over any areas, let me know." She had given a nod when he explained his future intentions.

She was glad he didn't think her TV viewing was completely silly. Her eyes followed where his had drifted. While speaking with him she had been focused on his conversation and had missed what was happening. Now that she saw and heard she cringed slightly. "Oh dear." was all she said about the insults.

"Trail? Oh yes, there are several good trails. Really depends on what you are looking for. Some are off limits now because of wild animal sightings or fire damage, but well I still use them because I have to check on the areas for work." She air quoted around the words "have to".

She smiled, "Sorry, just trying to imagine you in the outdoors hiking through the woods. Not something I would ever imagine you doing. I'm trying to remember if I have ever seen you dressed down, like jeans and tshirt."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"I will, thank you." Edward appreciated the offer, he might even take her up on it one day.

He laughed, "I suppose such attire does cut counter to my usual persona. The only occasion which springs to mind was the art show. Naturally, there were other matters of a more pressing concern than our fashion."

Bland as answers went, his mind was still stuck on the affairs of others, so he knocked the ball into Mable's court while regaining his full focus.
    "What do you imagine it is that draws you to hiking?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You did look cute dressed like that." She complimented him.

"Hiking, hmmm mostly its the outdoors. I know I don't have to breath, but the fresh air is wonderful. Being around all that life, the plants and animals is so refreshing. And I get to survey the world. Mother nature is the best. She gave us the most beautiful things to look at. Everyday is a marvel watching the cycle of life, watching trees grow, bloom, and drop leaves. The shapes of the branches in the winter are art. When you hike you get to see the art all around you.
    " She stops for a moment.

"Sorry, I get lost in thought when it comes to nature."

6. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward smiled at the compliment, "cute" wasn't really what he was going for, but the intention behind the word was kind.

He kept his eyes on Mable while in the periphery the pied piper led out two children. If this happened again it would mean Quinn was either foolish or weak. Tread carefully, and drop them if needed. It wasn't a generous thought, but those two hadn't exactly inspired generosity.

"Not at all, Ms. Wood. I asked after your motive and you painted a beautiful verbal picture."

"It has been a joy to speak with you this evening, Ms. Wood. But now, the night grows late, and I must retire for its remainder." Edward gave a short bow to Mable, and prepared to depart.

8. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gives him a sweet smile and a bow, "Until we meet again. Please visit the farm anytime. Maybe I can show you why I enjoy the outdoors so much."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Perhaps so." Edward returned the smile, "Until then." He departed, stopping only to pay proper respects.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread