Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

PrP TRoS Call to Geats

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Dirt Nap

The man looks between the Kindred as they speak and you can see not only the fear but also rage of the Beast close to the surface. Could he be trusted not to frenzy if they left the ‘safety’ of Elysium?

He follows behind Jennifer, glancing behind to check those behind him. There seemed to be a glint in his eye as he did. Was that a smirk?

Those willing to follow get into their vehicles, carpooling as needed. The ride is quiet. Uncomfortably so, with a feeling that questioning the near-frenzied Kindred might set him off, none are asked for now.

Skipping ahead and shifting the scene to the hotel room.

You can try to work on a task via phone (except #2) enroute with an appropriate roll. Status bonus dice apply to all rolls but #3.
    Ex #1 (Allies where applicable, Computer w/social media)
    #3 (Survival for a good route)
    #4 (Politics/Academics/Investigation/Occult/Streetwise) Either about the coterie or Martha, not both
    #5 (Empathy/Persuasion/Intimidation/Politics)

2. Likes , Endymion, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap accompanies Lady Hazelton without a word. He pays strict attention to the route by which they travel, partly with an eye towards its safety and efficiency and mostly to be sure he can retrace it precisely. He does not look at his phone. In actuality, he gives no sign of owning a phone.

Note: I believe his Direction Sense alone should allow him to retrace the exact route if necessary.

2 successes

4. Likes Endymion liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Once they've arrived at the motel and made their way inside, Milton takes a moment to look over the decor with a slight frown. It's not his kind of place, but it should serve their purpose.

In the car he had marked his initials next to #2 on Jennifer's list and written the word 'All' beside that. No one else in their cohort could handle that task. Only Milton. When they're inside, he hands the slip of paper back to her.

There's plenty to get done before they leave this room. And the first thing on the agenda is fully debriefing Addy.

He's a little wary of the Haunt, who seems very much on edge. However, Milton's confident he can sooth the man's troubled mind.

He holds out an inviting hand, indicating the bed to their guest, "Please. Have a seat."

To the others now: "If everyone is comfortable, I'd like to ask our new friend a few questions." It should be clear, to those who know, what the Lord is proposing.

His eyes linger on Jennifer specifically. She's the authority here. Not only a Priscus, but Priscus of Haunts. This creature is her Family.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

6. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward initialled beside #1.
    "I shall meet you there, I require equipment which I lacked the prescience to bring with me tonight." As he spoke he made a small note at the bottom of Jennifer's list, room number? After receiving an answer, so that he could find them when returning, he left with a bow for his Haven.

It was worth having a clean laptop ready for use in his car at all times. An oversight he wouldn't make again.
    Once home, he picked up a laptop and made his way back to the Ridge motel. A knock, "It is Mr. Heinrich." Once inside he got to work.

Step one, find what is being said online.
    7 successes

4 successes

8. Likes Ruach, Endymion, liked this post

Presence
    Sieb van Zon

He speaks in a noticeable dutch accent.
    He looks very youthfull.

PRE

A lot of these tasks require me to make myself known to quite a few people.
    Who knows if some would go far enough to find out where I came from, and reveal to the Groningen Prince that I am in Sacramento.
    he thinks as he wonders which task to put himself into.
    He could try to quickly drive to the location of the attack and gather some evidence.
    He dismisses that thought.
    Even this task likely requires him to meet people, maybe even the perpetrators.

He shakes his head, looks very disappointed towards Notary Hazelton and says: "Lady Notary Hazelton, I would have liked to help wherever I can in this investigation. However, there are specific circumstances.", he specifically tries to stay a bit vague.
    "Would it be possible to talk to you some time in private?"

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The Priscus notes Mr. Milton’s frown. “I know,” She emphasizes with him. “- I could have dropped money for better places, but they may actually try to offer customer service.” Dark eyes looked to her cousin. The last thing they needed were mortal eyes on them. If he lost control out here, the damage could be easier contained. She hoped there still were not many cameras or businesses that could put money into surveillance in the area. She made a quick note in her notebook to check into that.

Jennifer listened to the men tell her which aspects they would work on, collecting their notes if offered and securing them in her notebook’s pocket. The Nosferatu marked each man’s name besides the task he was working on, creating an empty square to check off once the task was complete. Jennifer shared the room insulated in the center of the block of rooms, choosing this one. Jennifer moved around the room, drawing blinds closed and turning on the lamps. She evaluated the remaining tasks, prioritizing the need and deciding which aspects she should handle herself.
    • Get to the location quickly for evidence.
    • They attacked the coterie for what reason? What motivates Martha? Can anyone locate Martha?
    • What do Kate and Kyle know about this?
    These were the tasks that she had the experience with or talent in that she could complete. She secured her notebook into her bag.

“I would like to meet with you and talk to you privately, Mr. van Zon.” Jennifer assures. She reaches into her bag and pulls out a small card case. The Nosferatu takes a moment to write on the back of the card, and offered the card with her phone number, PO Box and email to Mr. van Zon.
    As he reads the card, it reads
    Many people have stayed in cities to the north until they situate themselves. Feel free to give me a call.

As Milton announced his intentions to go forward with what she expected was his Family Gift, she evaluated her cousin Addy. He definitely did not appear in a good place. Jennifer decided to try to ease her cousin’s tensions.
    Jennifer looked to Milton, giving a nod of approval. Jennifer looked around the hotel room, quickly coming up with a way to pull furniture to make a more soothing, supportive atmosphere around Addy. An ‘us’ vs an ‘us. Vs. you’ situation. As Milton indicates the bed to Addy, she places the straight backed (cheaply made) chair off to the side and with a line of sight to Addy’s face. She nodded to the chair for Milton. Jennifer herself took a seat on the bed, beside where Addy could sit. She made sure to give some room to not crowd him, but to remain on his side.
    “I know that things are difficult right now,” She attempted to soothe Addy. “- yet you reached help. I’m going to need you to remain calm. Reign in any other desires, and focus on keeping it together for your coterie. Can you do that for me, Cousin?” She inquired.

2 successes

OOC
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

They get the untrustworthy Nosferatu into the room without any frenzy occurring. Could still happen but at least they are away from an embarrassment at court and enough room to tackle him if it happens now. Because Addy still looks super nervous.

When Milton says he wants to ask questions, the Haunt’s first reaction is to look to his Priscus, like he was afraid of what the Ventrue might ask.

Having Jennifer pull up a chair close by to remain near him seemed to help assage his reservations somewhat but he still looked worried.

“Alright,” he agreed “But can we please try to hurry? I’m not sure how long the haven’s security can hold against attack.” He looked back to Milton to ask the first question.

Dirt Nap

Edward

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is silent, without expression beyond intensely scrutinizing his surroundings and company. He stares in an unseemly manner at the night check in person, though from a distance, allowing the more socially adept and higher ranking Lady Hazelton to do the talking, noting the departure of Mister van Zon and the insinuation of Mister Northbridge into the company and Clan business of Priscus Hazelton.

The whole time, Dirt Nap keeps a watch for any sign of foul play on the part of the seemingly inconsequential humans and the erstwhile allies among the kindred.

If he were trying to get a hard to hit target off on their own, breaking a neonate to his will and setting him to lure a target into a place of his choosing would be one way to do it.

Dirt Nap focuses intensely on being in a position to intercept an unexpected attack, from anyone, on Lady Hazelton, for now.

2 successes

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton sits and composes himself while the others attend to their various tasks. He folds his hands in his lap and watches Addy as Jennifer soothes the Haunt. He looks very much like a man waiting to give a presentation to a room full of executives.

Finally, when Addy turns to face him, Milton offers him a bland smile. "Don't worry, sir," he replies. "It will all be over soon. Then, you will feel better. I assure you."

Their eyes lock and Milton feels himself filled by that delicious power. The force that bends another to his will. It moves out of him, through the eyes, and into Addy.

Rolls: Dominate 3, The Forgetful Mind

The Lord is not sure how long he's been staring into Addy's eyes. Into his mind. But finally, he feels it. The power takes old. He asks the first and most important question:

"Have your memories of the attack or the events after the attack been tampered with, manipulated, or changed in any way?" He asks the question softly, his voice is monotone. He does not break eye contact.

Per ST direction, Milton needed to accrue 5 success in order to determine whether Addy's memories of the attack have been altered. Beyond that, any questions will require additional success. I have paused after the first 5 success before proceeding with any further rolls in order to allow responses from Addy or the others in the room.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward pursed his lips, he didn't begrudge the help, but he's like to know its the source.

"Excuse me, Priscus Hazelton." He waited for her attention, and then spoke with a clean clipped cadence. "Media has been handled. Only I wish to mention I wasn't the only one doing the handling. It would please my professional instincts to discover who, but the more timely matter may well be evidence at the scene itself. Lingering witness, victims, or aggressors, for instance."

"I would be happy to assist at the scene if you desire it, otherwise I shall track whoever else was interested in information suppression."

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread