Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2105) Under the Awning

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 3, 2021 : (2105) Eternal Seasons
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra is confused. Very confused. What did I say? I don't- But it's part of the quote- I guess she doesn't know it.

She mumbles, "Art and dance are how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time." And she just sits there processing, her heart thumping in her chest. She felt very, very still, her breathing slow. Panic. When was the last time she felt panic like this?

I need to get out of here. I need to go, now. There is a shiver, a feeling like she might begin to cry. Nope. Nope. Nope. Not here. Not today. I don't understand what just happened.

She stands up then, though she feels incredibly tense. It hurts. She blinks, a slight tremble now in her fingertips. Her throat and chest feel tight and there is a slight wetness forming in the bottoms of her eyes. She watches Vivian walk away, straight out of the park, and she can't help but wonder if she's ruined everything. What that everything is, she has no idea, but...

The Fairest wants to leave now, but she finds herself stuck in place. This is embarrassing. Her word choice was bad, but people don't normally respond as Vivian does. She needs to figure out a way to make it up to her. Or at the very least, explain. Crap.

She can feel those chilly tears about to tip over her lids and she brings up a shaky arms to wipe it clean. Hide it. Hide it. She does everything she can to keep her colors muted and calm. She just barely manages, at least, to anyone not really looking.

Look Calm - 1 Success

She can't decide whether to walk back to find another group or not, but her eyes settle on James Turner with Circe. He'd look over here, right? She looks away and remembering their signals, begins twirling a strand of her hair around her finger, an absentness to it.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, pisces, liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

There was all sorts of things happening under the surface and he could see it. She was in emotional turmoil and it was all there at the surface kept back by the thinnest of dams. It had only occurred to him after it was already to late that his presence might cause that dam to burst. But by that time he was already to her his hand on her shoulder as he looked into her eyes. "Hey. Hey. It's ok. Alright. Just breathe."

He smiled and gave her shoulder a comforting squeeze as he took in a couple of rhythmic breaths meant to stabilize. It might already be to late, it might have tipped its way over the edge but he'd do what he could to make sure she was alright. John had excellent observational skills but it was hard to hold a serious conversation while juggling two others in your head. You could do it with more casual conversations maybe but not with any great attention to detail.

"I'm here ok." It was a simple truth with a deeper context that carried weight to it. All he could do was offer her a smile. "I don't know what happened but I do know that what's needed right now is time and space. Clearer heads will prevail but prevail later. For right now I've got you ok. Coffee and gelato after this?" He couldn't help but smile and laugh, in hopes to cheer her up and part in hope that the ritual will help soothe her aching mind.

1 success

Continued from (2105) Eternal Seasons...

Goes by the name: John

4. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

She takes a deep breath as he touches her shoulder, comforting her. It was generic comforting, sure, but having him here, being there for her when she's about to break down, it's special. They haven't been here before in this position, not like this in public. There was nothing she wished for more than a hug though.

Don't cry - 3 Successes

She breathes with him, trying to keep rhythm even though her breath still shakes and her heart still races. For the moment, it works. For the moment, this bit of comfort keeps her steady, keeps her from breaking down. Still, she felt tired now, body aching a little from tensing. "Coffee and gelato would be nice." Gerrit isn't here, so she takes the opportunity to say, <<"Thank you. I didn't think it was going to be this bad.">> She chuckles shakily.

She gazes over at the others a little before looking back at him, "My words got all twisted," she shakes her head a little, "I didn't think... I'm not used to being that misunderstood anymore. I... maybe not today, but I should try and text her, right?" There is this look of uncertainty in her eyes. It makes her heart begin to race again.

6. Likes Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He didn't move away from her he kept close, hand on her shoulder through it all. Making sure to keep his head down and his eyes on hers as he talked her through the possible breakdown. Only relaxing his posture once the moment had passed and she could respond. "Sounds like plan then." Another squeeze and a warm smile, gray pushing up at his neck and gave a knowing nod to her as that gray spread up into his cheeks.

Then she referenced a problem he'd had his entire life, he knew exactly what she had meant. "You might not be used to it but I certainly am. Ask Rhodes, ASk Sera, I've definitely misspoke or had my words twist what I'd meant. Just, let her sleep it off first but yes reaching out would be a good idea." He was sure she could take it from there and if she wanted more advice she'd ask for it. Right now he was there to comfort and support her.

8. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Sounds like a plan then. If she could say what she wanted to say, she would. It's constantly on her mind and all she wants to do is tell him. Tell him over and over again. It never feels like the right moment though and this one is definitely not it.

She nods. Well, she knew what it was like when she was younger, before, but she didn't need to really go into that. John still is more often than not misunderstood. And even if she were misunderstood like him, at least she has him - someone who truly understands her. "Okay. Good. Sometimes I like to check. Just afraid I'll just make things way worse." Particularly with what she knows from Gerrit about her. She doesn't want to make an enemy of the girl Gerrit likes. "Brain gets a little unsteady sometimes." A little sigh, "I'm not far off from leaving, I think. That took a lot out of me, but I don't want you to think you have to leave soon or anything." Not unless you want to.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

He wanted to take her in his arms and hold her close, let all that worry and tension fade away but that couldn’t happen here in sight of everyone. Though isn’t that giving away your love for your Court? If they need evidence for that they’re fools. He gave her shoulder another squeeze, his face still a pale, emotionless mask. “It’ll go better if you lead with an apology for sure.” He didn’t think he needed to tell her his reasoning behind it, she was more aware in those areas than he was. He never could seem to find just the right words to say.

“Time and distance will help.” He repeated to reassure he, he couldn’t help but laugh and shake his head. “Oh you’ll only get an Amen from me there. I know all to well what you mean. But it’s ok, you’re not alone. I’m right here by your side.” All of this was quite literally true in the moment but she understood the deeper context to his meaning.

She was ready to go and he had handled his business and had a nice evening chatting with Circe. He looked back over his shoulder and up the walkway, eyes looking over the mostly still park. He took in a moment, pushing away all the noise and distraction so he could focus on a moment of silence before he turned to her and smiled. “I’m going to stick around for a little bit. We can meet up after if you like?”

11. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods and takes just one more moment to breathe and has the breeze kicks up just a little bit, she can smell that familiar scent of him, like a mixture of coffee, cigarettes, and something she can't put into words that just makes him him. It's hard to resist the temptation to just wrap her rest her hands on his chest and bury her head in the crook of his neck, him holding her tightly. Not yet. She'll have to live with imagining it until they get home.

"Thank you, John. I really appreciate you taking a moment to check on me. You're a good friend," There is a faint smile. Well, he is one of her best friends. Gerrit might take it by a point given that John gets the separate path of boyfriend points, but that's an entirely different thing. A different thing that makes her smile though.

She lets out one last breath, "Okay, well, you have fun. I'll see you later." If he were Gerrit, she might have given him a hug, but this is John, and suspicion once more, so she gives a little awkward wave. Turned away from the potentially prying eyes of others though, there is a sparkle and sweetness in her eyes beyond the confusion and sorrow she's just experienced.

Continued from (2105) Eternal Seasons...

13. Likes liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

They lingered there for that moment feeling the pull to draw in closer to reach out to her. But it slipped through his fingers like vapor hanging in the air. He felt a thorn of pain burrow into his heart as he looked up at her and offered her a soft frown, wanting so much to do more for her. He took in a breath and nodded as she spoke. “It’s no problem, really. I wish I could do more.” That was the truth but that would have to wait even if it hurt.

“See you later. I’ll let you know when I’m headed out so we can meet for gelato.” A smile offered, a wave returned, and he just watched her leave with those deep, dark, sad eyes. He took that moment and looked up the path and saw everyone there gathered and chatting. He just took that solitary moment to take a deep breath and watch for a moment before he headed back up the path.

Continued in (2105) Eternal Seasons...

15. Likes Shenanigans liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread