Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2105) Under the Awning

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 3, 2021 : (2105) Eternal Seasons
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra makes her way over to the building not far from them with a nice, colorful awning and a bench beneath. The shop behind seems to be some kind of confectioners shop. The Fairest sets herself up on the bench, adjusting the skirt of her dress and her hair as she waits for Vivian Wing to join her.

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask
    An Ethereal quality to her beauty, Vivian has large soulful eyes which color shifts depending on what she is wearing and the light, they seem to be lit from within with unnatural brightness, a tall wiry well sculpted frame, her long golden hair flowing in waves down to her waist. A smattering of freckles on her cheeks lends a cuteness to it all.

Mien
    Vivian is much in body naturally the way she is in her mask. Her hair color however is a dark grey with blue and silver streaks running through it and seems to always be rustling and stirring in the invisible breeze. Instead of freckles she has tiny translucent raindrops that refract the light. Her eyes were wholly unknowable, alien, and inhuman. Like snow globes, her eyes contained only the threatening grey clouds of storms. Sometimes it did genuinely snow in her eyes, or rain, or when the crimson spear of Summer was enraged, lightning illuminated her orbs.

Mantle 1: Hot sticky Wind of the Summer Storms

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian followed Cassandra and nodded to her assessment. "I am a dancer, I also used to want to Sing more than dancing, but I have found that to not be the case anymore. So going full speed ahead for dancing. It puts me in less social situations that effect my career. I'm not exactly most mundies cup of tea." She spread her hands and sighed slightly.

Vivian didn't sit, but enjoyed rocking gently back on her heels and then rocking back to the balls of her feet. She enjoyed movement quite a bit. Vivian reached in her pocket and pulled out a joint and a lighter. Putting the doobie to her lips she sparked it, and and took a few hits.

"Do you partake?" She asked softly, watching Cassandra.

3. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods as she listens to Vivian talk about what she does. "Social situations, huh? We have a few singers in the Freehold, perhaps we should put together a wee choir or something," She chuckles, "You know, if you wanted to do a little bit of singing without a major spotlight."

"What kind of dancing do you do?" There is a curiosity. Of course, she needs to get to know the lady Gerrit may or may not be crushing on. Not that she needs to judge her - rather, she just wants to know what she is about.

"Oh, no, I haven't partaken in years." Not since the very last time she decided to go all in. That wasn't a pleasant next morning.

5. Likes pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask
    An Ethereal quality to her beauty, Vivian has large soulful eyes which color shifts depending on what she is wearing and the light, they seem to be lit from within with unnatural brightness, a tall wiry well sculpted frame, her long golden hair flowing in waves down to her waist. A smattering of freckles on her cheeks lends a cuteness to it all.

Mien
    Vivian is much in body naturally the way she is in her mask. Her hair color however is a dark grey with blue and silver streaks running through it and seems to always be rustling and stirring in the invisible breeze. Instead of freckles she has tiny translucent raindrops that refract the light. Her eyes were wholly unknowable, alien, and inhuman. Like snow globes, her eyes contained only the threatening grey clouds of storms. Sometimes it did genuinely snow in her eyes, or rain, or when the crimson spear of Summer was enraged, lightning illuminated her orbs.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian nodded a bit, but didn't commit to anything verbally. She took a few hits off the joint, until a nice buzz picked up. It helped her feel more comfortable staying stagnant and still for periods of time.

"I do hip hop dancing. Some contemporary. And dead last and least, Ballroom dance. It's been quite awhile since I did any of those structured dances. I prefer the attitude and free flowing aspects of hip hop."

Vivian put it out then, since her companion was okay without partaking. she didn't want to appear as if she was pressuring Cassandra. No that would not do. She watched her a moment.

"In fact I want to do a big show, showcasing my growth from where I started until now. Since my music video spot premiered, I want to try to capitalize on that with my manager helping. Do you have a publicist? Or know one that maybe I could talk to?"

7. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Hip-hop dancing sounds like a blast. So energetic and fun combinations of free flowing and sharp movement. Ballroom dance is a lot more my speed," She chuckles a bit, though she can't help but smile a little bit thinking about it. Helps when you have a good partner for it.

She pauses as Vivian mentions trying to find someone within the entertainment field to speak to and she has to think about it.

"Well, my area is more around the classical field. I know a lot of directors and their range of publicists throughout the state," She hadn't ever really thought about it on that end. You audition for an orchestra and when you get in, you are kind of part of their group. You get access to their resources. "Hmm, perhaps I could ask our publicist and see what she thinks."

Yes, help her out, get on her good side, get her to open up - tell her more about herself. Why does that sound more ominous than it needs to be?

"That is exciting about a music video though. I've had my playing featured before, but nothing very mainstream. Just recitals and the like, particularly when I did university." A faint smile. That was a more exciting time, even though she'd felt kind of dead inside. Masters could be fun...

9. Likes pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian nodded a bit and piped up since the topic was one she happened to be quite good in! "It's like playing a role you know? You get to be the song, be the artists muse and bring it to life! It's exciting and a bit of an escape at the same time. I've been dancing and singing for as long as I can remember. Well....the bits I can remember anyway."

"Oh wow really?! That would be great, I have been trying to break out so to speak. The music video is a big thing to show case my work, as is The Road to Build a Beast, the big dance expo where we all show off our talents. I want to eventually get to do my own show! I should prollie start smaller with doing some dance class choreography and working with my fellow dancers more!"
    She had worked very very hard to get here. Making the decision to leave singing behind was a good one. It was a painful reminder of what one of her big functions in Arcadia had been.

"You perform all the time though! For people! It's a big part of playing an instrument professionally right? I really wish I had a guild or something to help me, but you really don't have that as a dancer." She sighed a little bit. Sometimes it just felt like an uphill battle.

11. Likes Shenanigans liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Honestly, the main reason I went to college coming out was getting the connections," Ish. "You get the experience and you get to work with people who were or still are professionals in their fields. It's pretty awesome, but, not everyone can do that, I understand. There are definitely some studios around here you could try with. Sadly, I'm only familiar with the ballet."

Cassandra can't help but chuckle a little bit, "Oh, I mean solo performing. It's different than ensemble playing. I play in an ensemble constantly, but unless I'm performing a solo within a concert, I don't do much out there, out there. My name isn't in headlights. I don't know that I'll ever want it to be. I'm happy enough being a special name on a pamphlet. Actually, I've gotten into the business of crafting the instruments now. Primarily stringed ones. I'm thinking I'm going to build a harp soon. But yeah, now a lot of my connections are moving that way."

"There are definitely guilds for dancers, much like with Artists. You'd have to look to see if any are based here. A studio might know."

13. Likes pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

"I started off with ballet when I was 2. I remember the tu tu's. I did ballet until I was 8, then switched to hip hop, as I thought I'd be like...umm..hmm..Lady Gaga I guess. I even got accepted to Julliard the summer I turned 18. Then my Keeper found me, and well, the rest is history."

"I do attend classes with all the dance studios here and in southern California. Just hard to get exposure. I've been chipping away at it. I have a youtube channel, and the dances I do with the studio's by the different choreographers is online. Trying to get noticed. Hopefully the music video helps!"

She listened with interest, gently rocking back and forth from her heels to the balls of her feet, constant motion.

"Oh wow! I love Harp's! My keeper played one, and it was pretty much the only thing decent the Keeper ever did. It was how he called us home."

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Ballet huh? I think I did that as a youngin' too, but I'm not the best dancer. Though, I can move at least," She chuckles, though there is a bit of softness in her eyes. Dancing is starting to become one of her favorite things to do. "I need to find a way to get more dexterous though. Running isn't cutting it. Hip hop is such a cool style of dance though. Has a whole different element that just feels personal. I'd love to see you dance sometime."

"You got into Julliard? Wow, that's so cool. Oh, we share that similarity then. Ish. I'd been preparing my Julliard and Oberlin Conservatory auditions... either way, that's- huh, we're kinda similar, aren't we? Just on two different sides. I take up time and you take up space."

There is a bit of a grimace though at the mention of her Keeper having played the harp. No one wants to be the person to remind someone of their Keeper, although, Vivian didn't seem... overly bothered? The words at least didn't seem that way? Her perception... maybe she's wrong.

"I definitely think Youtube will help. You should also consider trying TikTok. Lots of dancers on there are getting noticed. Might be a way for you to break out and lead them to your music videos as well." She offers, a smile upon her face as she does so. Wow, being so helpful today. Oh, shut up. I can be nice to people, especially people who make Gerrit... well, he isn't exactly happy, but close enough.

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, , pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian giggled slightly and grinned. "Honey, look at this body? I got this from hip hop dance. It will kick your fucking ass. It's like High.Intensity.Interval.Training basically but for hours and hours. It's good for stamina, dexterity, and strength. You spend a whole day learning a new dance to a song by the end of the class. If you up for a challenge, you can come to my private studio in my garage at first, and we can work up to an actual class. What do you say?" She threw down the gauntlet. She liked the idea of spending time with someone Gerrit cared about.

She chuckled a little. "Yeah. I'm Airtouched, not Airheaded." She said pursing her lips slightly and raising her eyebrows a bit. The green eyed monster flaring slightly. Weren't other changelings supposed to understand social issues? Oh I guess that was only true if they acted like people wanted them too or expected?! Must be great to have had some social skills coming out of the hedge, bitch. She stilled, and the dark clouds that rolled in carried with it the green eyed monster thoughts. Wishing she was saner, more together, but no matter how hard she tried, she would always lack something. She understood the bones of the world, but what it truly meant to be a person and fit with this world was still out of touch.

"I...take up space." She barked out a laugh. "Yeah. I guess that's all you would see." With that she turned away and headed in the direction of the park entrance. Fuck this shit.

Thank you for the scene!

18. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Shenanigans liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread