Watch

Mysterium Meeting III

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"I concur with Aurora that you deserve a party, but if you don't feel comfortable about it, so be it. I hope we cross paths again, Dadouche."

Aurora seems to have taken this quite bad. Corn Can't blame her. Campanella may be her oldest mage acquaintance for all he knows.
    Hell, I met a bunch of them all together and I feel as if Campanella is my oldest mage acquintance in Sacramento.

"At least, we got our selves working." Corn said trying to change the subject. "I am looking forward to check your work if you want Crystal ."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Languages weren’t Guru’s forte, he was mostly into the physical sciences but if his contacts ever found something he’d let Aurora know. “Alright I’ll see what my contacts can dig up, especially if they see dead languages or hear of an off the books auctions.” He couldn’t help translate but he could keep an eye and ear out, if there was an auction there might be a deeper talk involved but that was a bridge to burn at another time. Currently they had to deal with the very real news that was sitting before them.

Crystal studying languages made more sense to Guru based on his Tower. Guru’s connected him with the primal and physical forces of life, he didn’t know if he found the Tower because of these connections, if he was chosen because of them, or if it was simply chance, it’s a question he’d like an answer to someday but one he’ll likely never be able to solve himself. But wasn’t that why he was here?

Guru grew silent and still, his head bowed in respect as Aurora said her goodbye. When she finished he raised his head and made sure to meet her gaze and give a solemn, understanding nod before clearing his throat to do the same. “Here, here. Campanella know that your absence will be felt, your presence missed, you’ve done more for me than I ever expected. You’re a good friend, a great teacher, and I’m sure you’ll be an even better student. I wish you luck with what the future brings and know that your presence here shaped the people and the future here and we will miss you oh-so deeply. This isn’t a goodbye, until we meet again in this space or the next.”

Guru took a second to reach forward, to raise a glass of lemonade in a toast before taking a sip. Then Corn finished up with present and future. “You’re not wrong there, just have to keep up the momentum, keep pushing forward. “

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal nodded and gave Aurora a thumbs-up. Chances were she'd text or call him some other day - the news of the Moros' departure probably haven't left her in a study-mood. But hey, he wasn't exactly busy. "Sure, whenever you're up to it."

Yeah, that felt like a definite good-bye, and with Campanella politely refusing a party that probably was the closest they would get to giving him a proper send-off. Crystal waited for all the others to say their part, then he added his. "Campanella, I haven't had the chance to get to know you properly, but I thank you for the trust you've given me when I came here. You seem to be a prime example of someone they call 'wise' and I hope we'll be able to catch up one day. Take care and know that you have people here that would jump to your aid at a moment's notice."

Guru's toast seemed as appropriate as any, so Crystal again knocked on the wood of his table in agreement. In that regard, Corn also got a thumbs-up and a smile. Yeah, the other Moros would keep them busy, all right.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Thank you for the offer. But no. I know that i am valued and that I have earned your trust and admiration. Perhaps more..."

A pause aimed squarely at Aurora.

"This is my party. And a wonderful party it is. Friends have come and gone but only the Order remains - and the connections within it. I have got to hear of your won research projects. I have seen someone expand our holdings here at the Circle. I have gotten to pass on the torch, formally, and in a measured way. What more do I need."

He shifted in his seat.

"I'll still be around, just not part of the Consilium. You'll see me around from time to time, I am certain."

Anything left to say? I see we've hit the month mark. Shall we draw this scene to a close?
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

5. Likes Aeolus, Shane liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn has to ask Guru to help him with silver purification since he asked in the consilium, but I will post after Aurora.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Cheeks flush briefly as she looks away. Poker face she did not have.

But she still pushed it aside, this wasn’t the place. She could deal with it later, at home.

“Well, it won’t be the same without you. Though I am glad to hear that you’ll still be around.” Settling back in her seat, eyes focused on the table. Mind alive and moving with various thoughts, plans that had failed, and chances never taken.

Aurora has nothing else to add

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Trying to change the subject, Corn turns to Guru .
    "So, my friend, with the blessings of the rest of the order, are you willing to help me extract silver and gold from various things and then purify it to very high purity? Furthermore, and this is a crucial step that I cannot do... can you send lumps of purified gold, silver and mercury through the gauntlet enough times for them to turn to orichalcum, lunargent, and hermium? I do not have the skills to do it yet. Once our studies in Matter progress enough, we could create Thaumium rings for members of the Order, if they want them.

But one step at a time... To make 5-6 Thaumium Rings, we need a lot of gold and silver to purify that I plan to buy. Thanks to the workshop, we can increase the purity of commercial gold and silver without spending a ton of cash to get 24K gold or 999 silver. I could do it alone, but I would welcome the company.
    "

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru stood still and listened as Campanella began and by the time he was finished he would be lying if he said he had something in his eyes. He wiped them away quickly, his eyes giving that shimmer but going no further as he took a deep breath and offered a dieep bow of his head. "And what a wonderful party it was. Good to hear we'll still run into you from time to time."

The smile returning to his face, giving a look to Aurora raised an eyebrow and then made an entirely unsubtle gesture of opening a bottle and then tilting his head. Then he turned to Corn, head still tilted as he listened to him, though the fidgeting had returned. "Wait, why don't we just buy it? I can probably get us enough to work with, how much do we need? I'll be assisting you, metallurgy isn't my forte but I'm happy to pick up some things.

"Traditionally it's passed through the realm of death not of Spirits, though that is one of my planned experiments. But no I likely won't be capable of the one anytime soon and not capable of the other. I've redoubled my efforts for study and understanding to try and walk the path of the alchemist.

"Let's start with step one first though. We can't plan for six rings unless we have a solid foundation and understanding of the basics. I have a lot of dreams and I'm sure you do too. Given enough time I'll see them become reality. At least within reason." He finished with a laugh.

12. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

And that was probably the most polite way of shutting down any further plans for a sentimental farewell-party. Shit, there was a reason for Campanella being so accomplished and respected, that guy knew his diplomacy.
    Which is not something he could say about Corn. Well, at least he was ambitious and driven, but maybe he could have waited until after the meeting to coldly change the subject like that? On the other hand, this was an Order meeting - and it was good to know that the Moros had basically no capacity to be subtle or scheming, which also was worth something.

Crystal just once again knocked on wood in acknowledgement on all the warm words being exchanged, but had nothing else to add for the official part of the meeting. Time would tell what was in store for the Sacramento Mysterium.

Nothing else to add. Thank you for the scene!
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Yeap, I am done too!

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread