Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

The messages had been sent out. The date had been set.

Campanella, Moros of the Mysterium stands alone in the quiet Athenaeum and fidgets with the long sleeves of his formal robes. He might have neglected to indicate whether robes were required in his messages. For himself, the Dadouchos feels it is required: for the importance of his words at this meeting; and for whatever remains of his authority.

The few acquisitions of the Athenaeum are placed in full view*, set to catch the light that cuts through the gloomy interior of the basement space.

In addition, there is an ornately carved table supplementing the customary huddle of chairs - another gift from the antique dealer. The table sports a smoking censor (a light, airy, scent to stir the senses) and a carafe filled with lemonade (a home-made recipe); expensive glasses sit on a simple tray waiting to tempt thirsty speakers.

Idly, he wonders how many will turn up this time.

And what the gathered Mysterium will think of the guest intruding on their meeting.

The Moros wants to push things a little - hopefully in the right direction before the fortuitous moment escapes them.
    Guru Shane Fedup Corn Aeolus Crystal Orianna Aurora

*I've probably discussed what the Mysterium has in the Athenaeum several times over already. There is a book of rotes and a terrarium of magic grubs - and possibly now a thesis from Corn? I'm not 100% on the last bit so I have left some wriggle room in the text
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru paid enough attention to catch the bit about formal robes. He wasn’t really sure what kind of robes they used so he showed up in traditional Guru style though still wearing robes as was customary. On his feet was a simple pair of lime green and white sneakers to go with the robes. Just because it was formal didn’t mean he couldn’t have a little style.

Seemed he was the first to arrive, so he gave a nod to Campanella as his hands were currently occupied. In one was a fireproof safe and in the other was a box that contained an apple pie. He set the pie on the table and offered the case to Campanella. “Figured bringing something special in might make for a good first impression, yea? Though, this one came at a cost.” He counted the chairs making sure there was enough for the formal members of the Mysterium before taking a seat.

“Good seeing you again, I’m a little nervous.” Though if the energy inside of him was nervous or normal was hard to tell with how much he fidgeted and moved normally. His foot idly tapping against the floor as he looked around the room taking in as much as he could before he’d forget.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Campanella called and all the good little Mystagogues answered. Frankly, most of the people he like were in his Order and while it wasn't a huge step up compared to the Consilium, their Order meetings showed a little bit of organisation and agenda.

He wasn't sure what kind of robes Corn was talking about, but his choice felt sophisticated enough to warrant the money spent. The white shirt underneath showed he meant business, and the pants and the robe were made out of some kind of silk-blend. Sure, some might say it looked like a pyjama, but fuck him if it wasn't comfortable.
    A brown messenger bag was slung over his shoulder, a spiral-bound copy of his paper ('Magic and the Sleeping World - a discussion on the Lie and the Sleepers' perspective on Magic'), a college block and some lose pens inside. He was ready for some nerdy stuff!

When he turned the corner to the Athenaeum he stopped in surprise. "Huh." What was Guru doing here? A smile showed in the Mastigos' face - this Order was potentially about to become even cooler. He quickly regained his composure and finished his way over to the Moros. "Greetings Daduche Campanella. I see we have another prospective Member?"
    With the introductions respectfully dealt with, he halfway turned towards Guru. "Hey, nice robe!" See, it was details like this that showed they were riding on a similar wavelength. Now that's a study buddy! He chose a place next to Guru and sat down. Great, he also brought cake. Maybe they could get him to make that an Order-exclusive thing. Crystal's smile widened.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

6. Likes Shane liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Order meeting. And while she was still not sure about the whole robe thing, she wasn’t about to invest in it until she knew one way or another, if it was required. No one said it was required yet, so. There was that.

But she did opt to dress up a bit. A simple fitted black dress with black heels. It was comfortable, but professional enough. At least, she hoped so. She still felt like she was treading water and trying to figure this out.

She had a messenger bag on her shoulder, filled with some notebooks and books. The books were on the various languages she had taken on. A folder with ideas for her library, wanting input from the Order on it.

As she walks in, she was surprised to see Guru there! But it was a pleasant surprise, he was good guy, and she could see him fitting in here.

Smiling to the others, a bow of her head to Campanella, with a bigger smile, “Seems I’m later than I intended, my apologies.” Moving to sit down and placing her bag on the floor. “Hope everyone’s been well.”

8. Likes Shane liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn showed up in his brand-new robes. Official and easy flowing. For the warm days, like this day, the cloak could thankfully open to be less stuffy. Corn wears a nice clean shirt underneath that is probably worth about as much as Crystal 's socks. He happily greets Guru - and his usual gifts. "Oh, welcome! I didn't see that coming. Nice robes." before he formally greets Aurora , Campanella and Crystal using their mysterium titles. Taking in Crystal's attire his expression changed to a slight frown. "Is that... pijamas?" he asked the mastigos in a low voice.

After pleasantries were dealt with, Corn asked "what is the agenda of the meeting today? I have a few things to share and to ask. Dadouche Campanella, should we take Guru's presence here as an interest to join the Order? For one, I would consider it good news."

The color is more purple than red in the robes, couldn't find anything perfect.
    Corn has made a workshop for the Athenaum that anyone can use and yes, he would like his thesis to be hosted there.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

10. Likes Shane, Aeolus liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Guru arrived first. Campanella chuckled at the robes, his eyes fixating on the safe pie.

"Oh yes. Welcome Guru. Please take a seat."

His eyes were still on the pie when he took the safe.

"Oh this will do nicely."

The Moros feels the weight of the safe, hands idly caressing the object like it was a cat. A bulky cat that he deposited carefully on one of the high desks lining the walls.

"Welcome... Crystal."

Campanella raises an eyebrow at the Mastigos' unusual choice but says nothing. He is too busy ushering the rapidly growing group to their chairs.

"Aurora. Welcome. Yes. I have been well and I hope you have been as well."

An appreciative smile for the Shaman.

"Corn! Please come in! Sit! Thank you for the extra additions."

Campanella moves to admire the other Moros' robes and then gestures deeper within the Athenaeum's chambers to where the workshop had been laid out.

Still standing he moved to a more prominent position.

"Everyone. Welcome again. There is lemonade and there is pieAnd welcome as well to Guru, whom I have invited to join us today and who has gifted us a much needed safe..."

Campanella turned and gestured to the fireproof safe. Turning back to the group he took a breath:

"And who I hope to cultivate as a friend of our Order - perhaps even a new member. Guru has a number of interests that... almost directly... align with our own. I am sure that you and Corn will be of great help to one another, and that from that connection, further interests will emerge that see you formally join us in the Mysterium."

There. The push. He took a moment to seat himself.

"The agenda for today is simple. I thought we might check up on Crystal's thesis and perhaps see if Corn has made any progress towards his alchemical experiments. And I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce Guru as a prospective member. I understand we like our secrets but in this instance, I felt we could part the veil this once. The Time War is long over. It is time to start rebuilding - and that requires friends."

And almost as an afterthought.

"I also have some sad news to report. I will be leaving shortly to become the student of a more learned mage. I have begun my quest to earn a Legacy."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

12. Likes Aeolus, Shane liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru’s smile never really shrank or faltered as he smiled and gave a wave as everyone entered. He had to say of everyone Crystal looked the comfiest and it seemed Aurora went the dress route did a dress count? Shit, how would he even know this was his first meeting. The only reason he wore a robe was thanks to Corn bringing it up at the last Consilium. “Thanks Crystal, yours look way comfier though.”

He stood up when he was named and addressed, giving a wave to everyone as Campanella pointed out the safe he brought his hands up. “Woah, woah, careful that safe isn’t empty. That’s the cursed artefact so be careful. Whatever you do don’t wear it. I just thought it would put a good foot forward if I brought something the Order might value, it might not be lost knowledge, but it is definitely unusual.”

He offered a smile as he reached into his pocket pulling out his keys as he took a seat again working out the key from his keyring before sitting it on top of the safe. Anyone with a middling knowledge of Matter could have easily opened it but that had just been for transport and if it had gotten stolen, he’d probably have been dead. “Someone with knowledge of Sympathies might wanna wipe it down too, just to be safe.”

“Thanks, uh, Dadouche Campanella? That right?” Formalities not being his thing, but he was trying his best. “I am a practitioner of the Art, Alchemy. I met with Campanella about thoughts and theories I had, and he made a good case on how difficult a road it might be to do on my own. What’s involved in joining and what would be expected of me exactly? Find and preserve knowledge is an easy ask. I do that anyway.” He motioned to the safe, he’d had to argue with a couple of arrows to be able to keep that in the first place, mostly because he just had to figure out what was wrong with it.

Guru gave a long slow nod as Campanella reinforced that he’d used his rank to let Guru into the meeting and that meant a lot, it made him feel more warm and welcome than he already had and there was talk about Alchemical findings and that more than piqued his interest. "Thanks guys, it means a lot. I feel welcome already." Then Campy dropped a major bomb and guru’s mouth dropped open. “No shit?”

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Warlock gave Guru a friendly thumbs up. "They are, thank you very much." See? Guru got it.

From where he was sitting Crystal could easily wave at each new arrival. "Hey Aurora. How are you?" Maybe there was a little bit of time to get some chit-chat in before the meeting began.

Then Corn entered wearing something that looked like a bootleg-Harry Potter costume. Or fuck, maybe Corn was the only one doing it right. He leaned a bit towards the Moros and lowered his voice conspiratorially. "Yes, I overslept. Is that very noticable?" A big grin and a wink could tell Corn that Crystal was probably joking. The thing with fashion was: either people got it or they didn't.

Then the meeting started for real. The Mastigos acknowledged Guru's introduction by knocking on nearby wood - the academic's applause. That applause was apparently well earned, because of course there was a cursed artefact inside that safe. Just like that, an outsider contributed the most interesting item of them all to the Order's Athenaeum. Figures.
    He respected Campanella's subtle way of selling the Mysterium to the Shaman. Seems like it was mere formalities that needed to be discussed before they sealed the deal. Luckily for Guru there wasn't a whole lot expected from Sacramento's Mystagogues.

When the Daduchos explained today's schedule Crystal was already reaching for his bag. He stopped mid-movement as Campanella dropped his bomb. Slowly he sat up straight again and raised his hand. "With all due respect: how long will you be approximately gone - that is, if you intend to return to Sacramento?" His voice was composed and polite, even though the question might have been a bit out of line. He just felt like they needed to know this if they had to decide on how to proceed as an Order.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

16. Likes Shane liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Well, seemed she was going to be the only one without robes.

Whatever.

No one said she had to have them, so, yah.

Was she surprised that Corn had things he wanted to add and talk about? Not at all. He seemed to grab onto the Order and run with it, putting his all into it. And yeah, good for him, but still, take some time to enjoy life dude.

Then a nod to Campanella, “I’ve been well, thank you.” Would anyone ever be honest with that? Or were they all so used to the pleasantries they would always lie?

Eyes drift to the safe, then to Guru and she nods. She could see him fitting in well with the Order. Despite his appearance, he was quite intelligent.

As the agenda was laid out, she spoke up, “I also hoped to get some input on something I’ve been working on. A personal library, and would enjoy some advice on how to proceed with it.” That was all she had.

But Campanella’s next words cut deep. Deeper than she wanted to admit. “Congratulations are in order then.” She says, not sure what else to say. Questions she had, words she wanted to speak, remained within.

Eyebrow quirks at Guru, “Cursed you say? I would love to hear more.” And she would. It would serve an excellent distraction. And remains quiet as he talked about himself.

To Crystal, a shrug, “Not too bad.” Yeah, lets go with that. Keep the dance of lies up.

Then he asks the gut-wrenching question. The one she didn’t want the answer to. But he asked it, and she looks to Campy, expecting the worst.

18. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus, Shane liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn joined the chorus of frowning people. "Dadouche, I would also like to know how long you will be absent." Guru 's words about a cursed item got him looking at the man. "A cursed item? Does anyone has knowledge of the fate arcanum to deal with it? If I may, where did you get it and do you have a more concrete idea of what the curse is about?" When Guru mentioned Alchemy, Corn proudly -and somewhat smugly- brought his fingers together.
    "Alchemy you say... I just so happen to have written a thesis on the modern applications of Alchemy and its roots just a couple of months ago. If you get Campanella's permission to read it, I think that you could find it interesting. "

Turning to Campanella again, Corn asked "A question I would like to address - after the discussion about the cursed item in the box is dealt with of course - is about advancement in the order. I would like to work for and attain the rank of Dadouchos in the near future and I would like to know how that would be possible."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread