Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dropping Bodies: The Morgue

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jennifer Hazelton

Note: let's wrap this thread so we can get it into continuity. Make last two posts of action apiece, please.

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

Alexander freezes when he hears Dr. Tener speak time, but pushes aside the icy pull of panic.He is a doctor, and he continues to work slowly for another 40 minutes, carefully moving the body and inspecting it.

4 successes

2 successes

5 successes

4 successes
    Curse: Incredibly tall and emaciated, their skin is stretched over their large and bulky frame, with long limbs and a strangely shaped head.

Jennifer Hazelton

Edward’s response receives a nod from the doctor. “I also like to examine bodies in situ without being contaminated by outside thought. We can make no assumptions in this business.”
    His reply seems to have attracted no ill attention.
    "I can't think of any that make sense. I had someone check for escaped animals. Cats do not demonstrate the behavior that occured to me." She gave a shrug. "All I could think of is some illness that would make them behave abnormally, but theres no evidence. So as there is no evidence, I have to decide that we can't record that."
    The doctor is quietly observing and then has a thought to offer Edward a nearby legal pad (blank) and pen. “If you have any observations, or if Dr. Moore wants to record anything.”
    The two wait for about thirty five minutes.

Alexander soon hits his stride as he begins comparing the corpse to the medical examiner's report. He notes that there are no other wounds to the body. Discreetly checking favored feeding spots as he works reveals no signs that shall endanger the Masquerade. He does locate a small bit of residue near the victim's mouth.
    A quick check of the third test reveals that the doctor believes this to be animal saliva. The typing to determine what type turned up some felis catis (cat) as a possible answer. However, the doctor noted in the report it did not appear to be the usual 'licking' but would be some sort of over the mouth application to explain the current location and application. Yet cat's mouths just cannot do that... Alexander would think it could be like the dominance display he read once about Artic wolves, where a mouth could be gently placed over the nose. Domestic house cats do not carry out this behavior, and have mouths that are much too small.

Alexander does see an enclosed photograph of evidence collected by the medical examiner and sent to the police: several black hairs that were determined to belong to a house cat.
    Beyond that, he determines that Royce Riggan was an average man who had some plaque in his veins. Likely would have had to have a procedure in a few years, but he was healthy. There appeared to be nothing else on the body that Alexander could find.

Referring to the folder, he read the last relevant page he could find – a business card from Forten’s Emporium. A matchbook. A small foreign coin.
    Alexander felt that there was nothing else he could do with this body and information. Likely could write down his observations for the other investigators…
    As he determines this, Dr. Tener remarks. “Sorry, Doctor. Sir.” This to Edward. “We’re going to have to return the bodies to their drawers so we can sign off when we leave for the night.”

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"I understand." It seemed there was no concern. She was willing to grasp into the darkness for an answer but unwilling to entertain the irrational. She would never uncover out what they truly were.

"Thank you, Doctor." Edward accepted and then placed the notepad and pen for Alexander's easy reach.

Edward nodded in reply to Dr. Tenner. "Of course." He turned to Alexander, speaking up to break the Haunt's concentration. "Dr. Moore, let's call it a night."

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

“Hm?” Pulled from his thoughts by Mr. Heinrich, it takes Alexander a moment to collect himself.

“Yes, thank you for your time.” He sees the notepad and picks it up, jotting down some notes in a barely comprehensible scrawl. He leaves the pen and notepad where they had left it for him.

No sign of any exterior injuries
    Hairs found on body and saliva near mouth

No blood anywhere on body
    He hopes the notes are inoffensive and completely useless. Better for the Kine if they just ignore it as some wasteful busy body trying butt in. Alexander steadily begins to leave, removing and disposing of his coverings and gathering his own things.

“Have a good evening, and good luck with the case.” He will have to keep what little he learned with him until he can find a better place to share it. Something is testing the Kindred of Sacramento, something feline but not a breed he was familiar with.
    Curse: Incredibly tall and emaciated, their skin is stretched over their large and bulky frame, with long limbs and a strangely shaped head.

Jennifer Hazelton

The two vampires seem to have walked among the Kine and not tipped off the herd to their supernatural nature. The doctors all appeared to be understanding of different medical conditions, for not a one asked an impolite question. Not even to the Nosferatu talking and working among them. As Alexander recorded his observations onto the pad that Edward facilated to him, the doctors went about their daily work. Locking up the bodies with dignity. Cleaning surfaces and equipment, returning some high dollar equipment to locked drawers or chests.

"I'll walk you out." Dr. Cesmat suggested, leading the way at a professional pace out to the parking garage entrance. The reception area is empty. The desk cleaned of any files, the computer turned off. The light was on in the rear office, yet no sign of Dr. Duncan or Milton in the reception area.
    "If you think of anything, send me an email." She states, handing Alexander a business card. "I just saw a note as we were securing the files that the head of the department thinks this is a routine matter and that I should sign off on it. I expect we'll be releasing the body to the mortuary when start of business comes tomorrow."

She seems compartmentalized, not upset by this turn of events. Just reporting the facts. She waits for the two to say their goodbyes and head out the door.

The two Kindred now head to their havens, for the dawn star draws near. Time enough to send any communications to the rest of the team - no doubt with careful phrasing - if they wish.
    What shall the investigators looking into the dropping bodies do next?

7. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread