Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Edward and Kowalsic

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

There was a temptation when approached by someone like Mr. Kowalsic to posture up: shoulders back, spine straight, chin just a tad lowered. To signal open readiness. To signal readiness for any kind of conflict.

But it wasn't so simple. For one, the Beast was very much not ready for direct conflict. Even more to the point, maybe, Edward wasn't so sure the Haunt was an enemy. The longer he thought, the more uncertain Edward became, and in that uncertainty, he defaulted to courtesy.

That didn't mean Edward's anger towards the Haunt had faded, however.

A short bow: "Mr. Kowalsic, you honour me with your interest. Your clear-eyed expectations match my experience, regarding my well being, I shall be well when matters settle." Edward hardly missed the subtext, but this was what he excelled at. So long as Kowalsic was not direct, Edward would continue to dance.

"I imagine we, like all good subjects of her Grace, are united in the dear hope that the Domain's diverse troubles recede and that those who are culpable are brought before her justice," Edward comments emptily.

"Although I suppose diverse is the wrong turn of phrase, no? After all, each of the Domain's present troubles centers on inappropriate feeding." Well, that was a bit too direct. Edward didn't miss the days when he had to breathe, but he didn't enjoy this new and terrible anger.

"But look at me ramble!" Edward laughed at himself, laughed at how he had childishly let himself get carried away, letting his undercurrent of anger diffuse. He smiled warmly, "and how have the nights found you, Mr. Kowalsic?"

2. Likes pisces, liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"When matters settle. I have prepared, at great expense of my time and resources, adequate recompense for those harmed by a specific instance. "
    His gaze turns back to Edward. In the same quiet, yet with a tone of conviction, he bade: "You would do well to mark the caution you were given."
    The Nosferatu with strong blood steps closer. He now stands one foot from Edward.
    His eyes bore into Edward's with confidence.

Mr. Kowalsic watches Edward in silence for several beats of a mortal's hearts. His eyes evaluate Edward closely, moving down over his clothing. Those eyes moving back to Edward's gaze. He is comfortable to meet Edward's gaze and match it in a calm stare.
    "I just recalled it has been a month since I have heard of any activity from the group you lead, according to my associates. You say a lot of flattery to the very capable and competent Priscus Durant." His eyes turn to track her where she gathers with the others of the Mekhet Family.

"She seems very capable."
    Mr. Kowalsic's attention lift from Edward, turning to Madame Mable Wood. "I see that Madame Wood seems to be in good spirits. Mr. Clay appears to be strong and able."
    The Nosferatu turns to regard the conversation by JC and the Prince. He is alert, bobbing a respectful nod if the Prince looks his way. The Nosferatu seems to nod to himself and turn his full attention back to Edward.

"Have you gown distracted?" The Nosferatu spoke quietly.

4. Likes Endymion, , pisces liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"A just approach, Mr. Kowalsic. For what precious little it is worth, you have my praise." Edward rode his positive feeling, but it didn't last long. A threat, and then a step forward made sure of that.

The crush of a stronger beast provoked a flash of fear and a flinching half-step backwards. The retreat humiliated Edward, and instead of accepting the hurt, he repressed and twisted the feeling into a much more pleasant and familiar rage.

"Flattery?" Edward's lip twitched, "my words to Priscus Durant were far from insincere, Mr. Kowalsic."

"That aside, it is very kind of you to inform me that your associates have heard nothing of our activity." Edward smiled emptily at the burned face a foot and half from his own. The trio hadn't done anything, of course, but there was no reason to admit that.

Distracted? The lip twitch came oh so close to manifesting as a sneer.
    "On the contrary, Mr. Kowalsic, facts came to light which were inappropriate to inform you of. Naturally, they were included when I made my report of the incident to the Prince." Sit on that one, bastard.It wasn't wise to say that, but damn did it feel good.

"Now take a step back, Mr. Kowalsic. You stand far too close for polite conversation, and so risk a tragic misunderstanding of your intentions."

6. Likes Mark, Endymion, pisces liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The Nosferatu seems to visibly sigh, a hand coming up from his forehead.
    He takes an exaggerated step back from the Daeva.

"You misunderstood, Mr. Heinrich. I think I have found a better investigator."
    The Nosferatu seems to exaggerate the sentence for Edward's benefit.

" I shall take my leave of you. Just remember, don't try your cute little words if you cannot handle when someone responds to them. I don't appreciate your little twitches, A gesture to Edward's face. "-from an unaffiliated one trying to sound cute with me."

For Mr. Kowalsic was still held higher status than Edward. Mr. Kowalsic turned from Mr. Heinrich and walked away.

8. Likes Endymion, pisces liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Kowalsic de-escalated, but then, he had to. For all of the Haunt's power, he couldn't exactly press Edward further in the middle of Elysium. There would already be eyes on them, although Edward did not cast about to check whose, his eyes were on the burned man.

"May they find the whole truth, Mr. Kowalsic." Edward didn't care about his volunteer job being handed to someone else, especially since to his mind, it was case-closed. He had held some intention of pursuing what seemed a contradiction, but after being threatened both verbally and through physical posturing, that intention was gone.

"I would be pleased to give a full report of events to the next investigator, Mr. Kowalsic. For all my failures as an investigator, there were pertinent events I bore witness to."

"I shall keep your distaste for twitches and cute words in mind, Mr. Kowalsic." Edward didn't give a damn about Kowalsic's status, although that was beyond apparent at this point.

If Edward knew anything about the occult, his opinion might be different. But he didn't. From his perspective, Kowalsic broke the first tradition, attempted to frame Twist, and then sent armed ghouls after them at least once and maybe twice. Tonight was just icing on the cake. Someone like that didn't deserve an ounce of respect, and Edward wasn't about to give it.

"Be well," Edward intoned flatly as the Haunt turned away.

Closed Thread