Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2105) ES: Carousel

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 3, 2021 : (2105) Eternal Seasons
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He gave a smirk when she said not to gamble with him. “Don’t bet against me at least. Unless it’s a race or a fight, then bet against me but cut me in.” Smirk turning into an actual laugh as he ashed his cigarette once more, giving a deep nod as she explained vacuum tubes. “Ahhh like old TVs and stuff right? That makes a certain kind of sense. Just need to consider what to squirrel away for Winter when it comes.”

“How about something like: ‘For the Next Moon we shall endeavor together to the best of our abilities, within reason, to acquire the support, tools, or good progress towards acquiring a better identification for myself. For this we will find the darker corners of the earth, the black markets more welcoming and easier to navigate where failure results in blessing turning to bane.

“Or we focus more on your ally’s and tweak the consequence of failure to make it more severe. Up to you."

Something like
    Task: Endeavor (Medial -2 since it’s not a short task)
    Boon: Adroitness (+1) (+1 Streetwise)
    Sanction; Poisoning of Boon (-1)
    Duration: Moon (+2)

Goes by the name: John

2. Likes Origins, liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe chuckles, "Dude I guarantee I'd be on me if it was a car or Sonja if it was a foot race," after a moment she adds, "Always bet on Summer in a brawl." As for his assessment on Winter on vacuum tubs she agrees, "Old timey radios I guess. Like World War two stuff probably. Won't know 'til we try."

John tosses in his own hand at Pledgecraft. One can practically see Circe TRYING to do that math of the pledge. "Carry that, minus that, add, equal," Circe is mumbling as the Wyrd mechanics are attacked with logic whilst they counter with contradiction. Her mantle starts to flare up to full blast as sthe mumbling speeds up.

Then it vanishes as Circe shakes her head rapidly. "Screw it! Let's try it, if it don't work it don't work. It is just Glamour down the drain, right? I can get mine back by starting a bar brawl or something!"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

(Pledge)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Whisperwisp

“What if they’re fighting another Summer though.” He countered, raising his eyebrows to make the question more a joke than serious. Finishing it off with a chuckle, smoking idly, nodding his silent agreement with their experiment. “Might as well try, though maybe put it in unattended an on first; you know, in case it explodes.”

He watched her mull out the words and not finding anything disagreeable they decided to run for it. “Sounds like a plan, if it doesn’t take this time we can always ask Rhodes to figure out what clause we got wrong, yea? Besides the newbie needs bound to the Stone so we can confirm him.” James could throw together a basic pledge, sure, but only Rhodes seemed to understand the nuance and complexity that came with them. Add onto that James wouldn't trust Worm until he had some assurances he wasn't a Loyalist.

“For the Next Moon we, the Winter and Summer Monarch of Sacramento, shall endeavor together to the best of our abilities, within reason to acquire the support, tools, or good progress towards acquiring a better identification for myself, The Winter Monarch of Sacramento. For this we will find the darker corners of the earth, the black markets more welcoming and easier to navigate while failure results in blessing turning to bane.”

He didn’t want to use names in the Pledge, he didn’t know if they had to use True Names or if intent was all that matters. Something to ask Rhodes, though he knew one could swear on a name or title but this wasn’t that. He wanted to specify the parties as their respective titles and positions weren’t likely to change in a Moon.

Saber Sloth

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins liked this post

0 Scenes

Looks good, but remember you need to spend WP to seal the Pledge! You can post now with the WP spend in a book keeping post, and remember to post it to the Pledge Calendar

7. Likes Origins, Shane liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

(Pledging)Glamour 1 Willpower Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh ho ho ho! Doesn't change my advise," she sings out at the attempted logic bomb from John.

"Right," she nods, "Go big." No or go home from Circe. She just had to repeat what John said, shake on it, and juju happens. “Fer the Next Moon we, the Winter and Summer Monarch of Sacramento, shall endeavor together ta the best of our abilities, within reason, ta acquire the support, tools, or goods fer acquiring a better identification for you, Winter's Monarch of Sacramento. Fer this we will find the darker corners of the earth, the black markets more welcoming and easier to navigate while failure results in this blessing becoming a bane.”

It was close, and her mind agrees as she shakes on it with John.

Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

(Pledge Bookkeeping)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Whisperwisp

"I will of course. When we get this sorted we can celebrate when the work is done." Good work deserved reward and celebrations were one. The extra assistance of the Pledge was good and all but it was going to be a pain and John knew it. Though something told him they celebrated differently. As she repeated the words he stuffed out his cigarette pocketing it quickly before shaking her hand firmly to seal the deal.

"Thanks for the help and the advice. I do appreciate it, just hit me up when and with what help you need. I'll check the avenues I know so we can at least rule them out. But if you need, I think you've got to get your other friend sworn in, it'll be fine I can go take his place."

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Right, like I said," she waves her left hand slowly in the standard umpire sign for safe, "Noooo problem."

Circe pushes off from the cat horse thing to point at the party, "So, shall we get back ta it before the Springs and Summers eat all the food?" She holds up her right hand for a stage whisper, "I know yer court isn't as gluttonous as mine, even if Spring's the worst."

Circe walks to the others, "Plus, toast ta coming victory," she says to John.

Circe returns to the main thread.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

He smiled warmly again as he began moving back to the main thoroughfare with her, hands now stuffed into his pockets. "I just don't eat that much normally so I don't have much of an appetite. Plus, you know, the smoking. But I do enjoy a good meal every now and then, it's a nice treat." Especially if it was a nice homemade meal for two. The thought keeping that smile on his face as he let out a short laugh "Yes. To Victory."

Continued in (2105) Eternal Seasons...

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread