(Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

"I don't... maybe," When Gerrit put it like that it probably wouldn't break apart but still "It feels like we'd be losing something vital. Even when she was on nights she brought this... spark of joy. And her leaving would mean losing that, not to mention hiring someone else new as supervisor, and don't know how that would go...," Ram gave a heavy sigh and scratched his horns "It just feels like... before. Commander taken out by some random piece of shrapnel or something. Throws everything into choas."

"So... I guess it wouldn't break everything apart but I really don't like it," his voice a gravelly growl "Not when I could do something about it." Ram gave another long sigh and chewed thoughtfully for a couple seconds. It felt good to talk about it and he hadn't realized how much it had been stressing him. He gave Gerrit a small smile and moved on.

Just like they would have to with patrol, he thought, nodding in agreement. They'd made mistakes, were probably both underplaying their roles, and would just have to do better.

"I feel like Circe might appear and dart me if I spilled the beans about the Coronation," he joke. Though now he thought about it, the image of her somehow managing to randomly appear in the apartment in full ghilli suit and sleeping darts was pretty easy to conjure. "But Sera's project should be fine."

"She's wanting to set up like a shared secret area for all the Freehold. A place that could house newcomers, act as an emergency control center, and to hold activities. I mean, that's the end goal at least. It will probably happen in stages."

"But she wants to make sure she's got everyone else on board first. Courts-wise. And non-court-freeholders too. Which... haven't heard any announcements about a meeting but I sometimes miss those. But she also seems kind of scared to try?" He gave a soft unsure grunt "Like she was looking for reasons to fail. I don't know." His neck itched.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"I get that, and I honestly hope that it won't come to that." He considered for a moment, took a thoughtful bite, chewed and swallowed it. "How would you feel about stepping up to become supervisor yourself? I mean, only if worst came to worst? You seem like the kind of leader that could infuse his teammates with that spark of joy?" Was it distasteful to talk about the trouble Frances was facing as a job-opportunity? Yes, but Gerrit hoped Ram saw the suggestion as the silver lining it was. "But I am sure you will get to the bottom of this." He almost asked if he could help.. but then again he didn't really step out when it came to finding the Render's Fetch. Some friend you are.

The description of Circe's wrath get a sheepish smile out of Gerrit. No, he didn't want to be on the receiving end of that - much less wanted Ram to be. "That's fair I guess. But if you see her anytime soon you could tell her I said hi and that I'm looking forward to whatever you guys have in stock."
    The Queen of Desire's project sounded interesting. Gerrit listened to Ram while he ate some more. The housings were a good idea - there seemed to be several new faces at the last Coronation and considering their own living situation not everybody had the contacts or resources to find an apartment straight away. "I get what you're saying though. For someone so adored she seems terribly unsure of herself.. but no, you haven't missed any announcements - or we've both missed it. Do you think there's any way one could help her?" She hadn't hesitated to help Ram with his dream, neither had she minded to lend Gerrit an ear.

A stray thought announced itself as he was thinking about the Spring Coronation. "Time sure does fly, doesn't it? It's been more than half a year since I came here and I think you arrived around that time too, right?"

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram gives a slightly dismissive snort but then seeming to take a second to consider before giving a sniff.

"I'm not sure. I'm not much of a leader. I mean, I can scare people into doing what I want," he said confidently with no hesitation "But that kind of leadership style isn't real fun. Or joyful. Whatever." He gave a sigh.

"I mean," another sigh for the Spring Queen "Maybe but not in a way that's... polite?" That wasn't the right word but he couldn't think of anything else "I thought about posting something. Making an announcement at Court. Calling all the Monarchs together. Or something like that. But I feel like that would just make a mess of things." He'd make a mess of things.

"I'll let Circe know you're looking forward to it," he continued, shifting back to his easy smile. "But yeah, gotten through Autumn, Winter and Spring. Didn't get here before Summer coronation but it will make almost a year. Damn. Time flies and all." He sat for a few moments pondering that and what it meant before speaking again.

"I've gotten on my feet. More than really." Cash to spare enough to be planning a Coronation. And really, Gerrit wasn't wrong that Ram could try for the supervisor position. "I guess... maybe... we should talk about the roommate situation." Ram really didn't want to come out and ask whether Gerrit still wanted him around. Would rather want him gone. The Render gave a half smile "All this dire news I keep bringing up. Going to shift my mantle if I'm not careful." He tried to joke to lighten the mood, but it felt like it fell flat.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit had seen Ram take charge in the Hedge and on the battlefield in his dream. He couldn't tell if Ram didn't want to be a leader of genuinely didn't think he was capable enough - either way, it was probably best not to push the Render on that matter. Besides, hopefully it wouldn't come to this and they were able to help Frances out of her troubles. "You're right, leading through fear isn't a desirable way to do things. For the protocol: this guy right here trusted your calls in the Hedge out of respect and sympathy." He pointed at himself with his tumb and smiled crookedly. But then he dropped the matter.

Ram had a point: it was neither Summer's nor Winter's job to speak on behalf of Seraphina or her plans for the Freehold. Gerrit gently shook his head when his roommate suggested posting. "I'm afraid that would definitely seem like you're disregarding her authority." He frowned for a moment in thought, then he relaxed again. "Maybe we could ask John and Circe respectively - considering they know about it maybe they could call Seraphina to action?"

Gerrit finished his meal for now while they were reminiscing - there still was some pizza left, but he wasn't all that hungry. Exhaustion did that to you.
    Then Ram brought up another topic. Is this the reason he asked for this meeting in the first place? Either way, the Iron Spear seemed to approach the matter carefully.. was he gently preparing the announcement that he wanted to move out? Or was he not sure whether he was still welcome?

"All right - let's talk." Gerrit's voice came out a bit rougher than intended - he cleared his throat and went on more calmly. He decided to go for the pro-active way he found within himself and learned to like more and more over the last few weeks. "I guess it's best if we openly say what we think. I'll go first. I like having you around. Sure it can get cramped now and then, but you're a great guy and I'll gladly extend my hospitality for as long as you need and want it." He folded his hands to keep his fingers from scratching and picking - curiously, the next part was harder for him to say. "But I don't want to keep you here or give you the impression that I couldn't deal with living alone." Apart from a few personal touches by Gerrit (and whatever Ram brought to the table) the apartment wasn't that homely anyway. Prepare your goodbyes.
    "So what do you think?"

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Even when this guy went into a nearly silent Fey flashback when he didn't get to wring the life from the necks of his enemies?

He smiled hesitantly back couldn't quite get it to hold steady.

"I can definitely talk with Circe." He was glad Gerrit agreed on this point. It did feel like trying to force the issue would be like stealing the Antler Crown's thunder. Drizzle? He wasn't sure what the right analogy was. "But I still think it would be nice to see her do it her self. Not be like... trying to corner her friends." Because even that could be its own kind of violence. "I think just letting her know people are ready once she gives the go ahead is good at this point." He'd done it. It had felt like enough at the time. "Maybe a few more votes of confidence."

The other subject... the sensitive one... Ram couldn't help but let out a sigh when the Stonebones suggested truth. Yeah, it was still scary... but talking plain made things easier. Especially when suggested by someone else.

"I'd... like to stay? But I don't want to be a burden. Hate that feeling." He gave a sniff. "I could pay rent?" he suggested "But I'm not sure if that would feel like enough." Giving a place to stay for a new freeholder. Without asking for anything in return. "Yeah, just paying rent doesn't feel it would be enough."

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit could see where Ram was coming from - meddling in the affairs of Monarchs was scary, even when the Freehold was this understanding and friendly. But waiting for her to act was putting them back to square one: she was doubting herself right now, enough not to act.
    Then again, it wasn't his place to argue the point - he was neither a close friend of Seraphina nor a member of her Court. Thus, instead of voicing his concerns Gerrit just shrugged. "You could be right. I.. wouldn't feel comfortable just asking her about it myself, but if it ever came up I'd try to encourage her."

The Stonebones studied the Render's face as he spoke his piece. He didn't want Ram to say those things because he felt like that's what Gerrit wanted to hear, but he seemed genuine. Part of his tension fell off and he gave his roommate a warm smile. "I am happy to hear that, I've grown to enjoy your company." Despite (or because) their complicated schedules. "So, granted this place is not too small of course you can stay."

He shouldn't disregard the Render's concerns though. "We could agree on you paying rent.. but other than that - what would you suggest?" He helped Ram because it was the right thing to do, and now he was helping him because they became friends. Was the Summer thinking about bringing the Wyrd into the mix, sealing this agreement with a Pledge?

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram nodded. It was weird. Trying to politic as an Ogre. With an Ogre. Yet at the same time, it was good to agree. Help where they could. Encourage who they could. If Ram really wanted to take over… well… that was an option.

For now though, he resolved to speak to Circe about things. And let Gerrit tell John. Hopefully things would move along without having to force them.

“I mean… I started building up a Hollow for Summer. Even moved some of my stuff there to keep it from cluttering the apartment.” Was that rude? He wasn’t sure.

“I’m willing to pay my share,” he added, a little hastily, not wanting to seem ungrateful “But what I owe…,” he scratched his neck. He wasn’t sure what that was worth.

“Is there anything I can do?” he asked hopefully.

The idea of a pledge did occur to him. Yet at the same time, promising something on the Wyrd seemed… cheap.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

So here they were: the Render who thought he needed to give more and the Stonebones who didn't want to take anything. "Listen, I don't feel like you owe me anything. I'm not rich, but I'm not aching for money either and I feel like you're already giving plenty to the Freehold. I know I can count on you if anything came up, so that's enough for me."

Although granted, with his savings disappearing into a flower shop lately he was grateful for Ram paying his share. "I trust you. However.." Gerrit frowned and shrugged again. "If you felt more comfortable doing so we could craft a Pledge on it." There, he said what he was thinking. Maybe it was just their Fae-nature that made them gravitate towards more binding agreements - it was up to the Render to ask for it or leave it at their shared trust.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram gave a half smile at Gerrit's praise and reassurance. Ultimately, he had to shake his head at the idea of forging a pledge around the debt. "You've put me up for more than half a year, and I'm not sure I know enough about making promises to seal something for more than a couple months." Which would put a time limit on Gerrit to call on a favor. The other option being, promising to hold to an endeavor until the Render himself felt like he'd paid his debt. And who knew how long would be.

"Otherwise... I guess I'm fine with just saying I feel like I owe you, and you can count on my help in the future."

There is the hint of a promise, but Ram doesn't seal it, willing to let things remain within the mortal sphere of obligation. However, Gerrit could tie the strings and bind them if he wishes. No blessing or punishment, just a from a Summer to help for a summer.

Task: Endeavor Medial -2
    Boon: N/A
    Sanction: N/A
    Duration: Season +2

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

The words hid the promise of power behind them, but Ram didn't seem too decisive about it. The thought of two big men dancing around the subject like that made Gerrit chuckle - neither of them was an Ashen Courtier, that much was certain. "Oh, forget it. Let's say you owe me and be done with it." Lose or win, he really should be more determined going forward - it felt pretty okay. "Just imagine if we got into a fight and had to stick together for another few months." Not that he could imagine that, but stranger things have happened.

"So, you're staying." The Stonebones smiled warmly, but a big yawn cut the smile short and turned it into a grimace. "Ugh, sorry about that. Say, can you safe a date for me? It's about that big secret I didn't want to tell you about earlier, on [date] - I'd be happy if you could swing by my work then, even after your shift if you have to work." He didn't want to forget to invite Ram - the problem with written invites was that you most likely didn't think about mailing to your own address.

13. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread