Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You think I don't know all of that J.C? I know, okay. I know." She was about to lay into him about his own goddamn failings when something beeped on her computer screen. Her gaze tore away from the Gangrel's and she moved to open the DM quickly reading over it, and closing it and seeming to sit back a moment in her chair, closing her eyes briefly.

"It's one of my clients, J.C. I need to go take care of some business. Maeve will either come around, or you know..." She stopped gathering her stuff a moment, and turned towards him moving closer, now standing. "Maybe I should give you a hug, after all I may not be alive in a few months if they act out in formal court again." Quinn made a sarcastic come get it gesture with her middle and ring fingers, her index's pointing at him. She was being super sarcastic and slightly antagonistic because she was irritated with what happened in court.

The point was impossible to miss. No matter how cheeky she delivered it.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC let her anger and frustration hit him. He understood and he did know she knew. He was willing to bear all the insults she seemed prepared to lob at him if it helped her find catharsis. Fate seemed to have other ideas though. The phone rang.

He got up and watched her. Heard the hesitation in her voice at knowing what it meant if Maeve didn’t fall in line.

As he watched her pack to go, he wondered if she knew how many clients… friends… he’d feared would be dead in a few months. Overdoses, suicides, murders. It had been his reality before. Maybe it would be again now. Yet you had to resign yourself that there was only so much you could do. Help where you could. The rest was up to them.

He didn’t take her invitation for a hug. Not just because of the sarcasm but because they were still Kindred and with his own beast showing there would be little comfort in it.

Instead, he took both her hands gently in either of his. Meeting those eyes that were so carefully made to look enticing.

He said quietly “I know.” Then he left without further fanfare.

Amazing scene. Good to close.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

3. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

I would normally post again, but honestly, I really like it ending right here, just like this. Rock on. Awesome scene!

5. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread