Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Magic Shapechanging in the Arrow Sanctum

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Feb 5, 2021 : Bookshelves and Convos!
Mar 10, 2021 : Fox & Goose with Kaze and Phoenyx
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze shows up at the Arrow Tower in the Circle. "Hello?" He identifies himself and enters. "It's Kaze here to practice with Aurora, like we said on the phone."

Once inside, he waits for Aurora to arrive or Phoenyx to come out into the main area of the Tower entrance and interact, if she wants. He has a clean, white fuzzy bathrobe that is big enough and long enough to provide decency, folded up over his arm.

He is far from even the first step on the path to being able to change his clothing into fur or feathers when he Shapechanges, so yeah. Nudity is going to be a thing with this. Belatedly, he realizes it might have been polite to bring a second robe for Aurora, but he just kind of assumed that she was experienced enough that she either would be prepared or wouldn't care about a little nudity between mages practicing the Life Arcana. He got over the whole body consciousness thing just from surfing and changing in and out of a wetsuit on the beach. Still, it's good to be prepared and not assume everyone's okay with just getting naked right off the bat.

He lowers himself into a meditation position, entering effortlessly into a pre-meditative state and begins meditating, though he's pretty sure it won't be that long before Aurora shows up. Can't hurt tho.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She still wasn’t sure what she expected from this. Sure, being able to change into any animal or insect you want is cool and all. But it brought with it dangers. The universe was always watching, and sometimes, it didn’t like what you did.

But she said she’d help Kaze, so, here she is. Wearing an all-black workout outfit, she walks into the Arrow wing.

Spotting Kaze, she offers a smile and wave, “Hey.” Finding a place to sit for a moment, “Is Phoenyx joining us today?”

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh hey." Kaze says, rising and smiling as Aurora spots him and greets him.

"Nice workout clothes!" He says.

"Oh, yeah she said she had a thing...but she might come by and watch while we were doing it. We talked about testing the whole thing about when the duration runs out, so that's at least an hour." Kaze says with a grin, obviously excited at the prospect.

"Oh, um...I don't have the Matter to change clothes. I mean, I don't have any Matter at all, actually." Kaze says, "So...I was figuring I could change into a robe, and then change shape from there." He suggests. He could have done that before Aurora got here, but he didn't know if he'd have enough time and didn't want to be out of sight changing when she got there.

"Is that...I mean, did you want to talk about anything before we started? I don't mean to rush into anything, I mean, I'm excited to try, and I want to get the clock running on the duration, but...yeah we should talk about it first."

Kaze smiles. "So, I was figuring something easy. I have put most of my study into birds, and an eagle is easiest for me, because they're really big, so not having to handle building the smaller size factor into the spell." And besides, flying as an eagle is amazing!

"Um. The easiest change I have done so far is a dolphin, but you know." He shrugs and gestures to the surroundings. "Not the right place for that."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Offering a smile, “Thanks. I own way too many of them.” From years of training, plus, they were comfortable.

Nodding, “That works. Was hoping she’d want to watch, make sure things go ok and all that.” Because…Arrow. And this was the Arrow’s location.

She began to pull her hair into a ponytail, sliding an elastic off her wrist as she listened, “I know Matter, but not enough of it.” Then a shrug, “So whatever works for you and makes you comfortable.” She didn’t care. “I’m not concerned with someone being nude, it’s part of the process, and natural and all that.” Clearly not worried.

“Talk about?” thinking a moment while he continued to talk. “I would ask what you are comfortable with, and how hard it was for you to stay in control of your own mind during it. I have the ability to not have that struggle, but not everyone does. So if it’s a struggle for you, I need to know. Need to know how you want it handled should you get lost in the form.” Cause it was important.

Laughing, “Birds are fun and give a lot of maneuverability. Being one kept me safe while I healed Phoenyx and Alastor.” Then a smirk, “No, anything fish is not going to work here, the Arrows would have to have some sort of special pool installed.” And she didn’t she Phoenyx doing that.

“So lets challenge you.”
    She offers.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles back and nods when Aurora says she has 'way to many' workout outfits. He didn't remember all that much closet space at her place, but hey it's not like he saw the whole place. And besides, if she knows enough Space, size really doesn't matter!

He nods again, not commenting when she says that she hopes Phoenyx makes it. He's okay with it either way. They seem to be getting along fine, but he's not sure being naked around her is a thing to do yet. Might be too soon.

"Oh. Well, honestly it's not a big deal for me either; I just wanted to be prepared, you know, be respectful. I wasn't really looking forward to dealing with getting out of the robe as an eagle without either getting hurt or tearing it up, though, so as long as you're cool with it..." Kaze says, starting to take off his clothes, folding each article neatly and stacking it up as he strips smoothly and efficiently, first taking off his shoes and socks and then pants and underclothes and then shirt and jacket and putting them all on top of his tactical sling bag and then putting the robe on top of that.

"I used to be a body model in the figure classes in college. Basically just holding a pose for like, an hour while everyone tried to learn how to do the anatomy right in their art." His sleek, athletic musculature supports his claim; he's not freakishly muscled, but pleasingly symmetrical and toned in appearance, and the muscles are significant and well defined, enough to aid in learning to draw.

"I feel like I've been in control up to now." Kaze says. "I haven't gone hunting or tried to mate or anything in animal form, so...yeah, so far so good. It's a possibility I try to take into account though. Like, this place is all closed up, so if I lost it and panicked, I wouldn't, like find myself naked and perched on top of a building somewhere when the spell ran out!" He laughs!

"Yeah. I think the dolphin is my fave so far. I thought it would be the eagle, though. It's an amazing feeling to fly high over everything. I only have done that way up in the mountains though, far away from any witnesses."

"We did once...have a big pool, I mean. It was for one of us that really, really liked to spend time in a saltwater form. It was back when we were a Cabal, in Weavebreaker's old place." Kaze says, remembering when he was an Arrow with some wistfulness. "We set up one of those above ground pools, but inside, so, you know, no witnesses."

He glances around and shrugs, "It was huge. It took up all the space in the biggest room. There's not enough room in here though."

"Oh, challenge me?" Kaze says, grinning! "I'm actually a beginner! I mean, to take a shape, I need to like have a specimen right in front of me, or really study up on how it's skeleton and physiology are laid, you know?" He says cautiously. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I want to learn, and I am up for whatever you say. The worst that can happen is I just can't pull it off, and the spell fails, right?"

Kaze laughs again and shrugs. "Okay, what should I try for?" He asks.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow makes her way down the stairs, hearing the sound of voices. She approached as quietly as she could, relaxing as the voices began sounding familiar.

She went into the room, offering her small smile. "My apologies. I was on the roof and lost track of time. It is very peaceful up there."

Phoenyx looks around. "I hope this is enough space. I cleared the equipment away after my last training session." She takes a step back and leans against the wall. "Will this be dangerous? Do you need anything from me?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Another smile offered, “Thank you for being respectful, not many would have done that.” Some just do whatever without thought of others. “Hey, I grew up on the road, I had to get used to change around others, so I’m fine.” She learned at a young age to be comfortable with her body and others.

Raising an eyebrow, “That doesn’t sound like an exciting job.” But, from the look of him, he had the body for it. Certainly, looked like he worked out.

Laughing with a snort, “Can’t say I know for sure what would happen if you did that in an animal form.” Still laughing, “Though I suppose anything is possible. I’ve only used it to stay alive and take care of those around me.” And that was the only time she had done it actually. Changing into an animal wasn’t really her thing. Looking around, “No, you wouldn’t. But I’ve never tried to bring someone out of a new form. I can change you safely, but I think that goes against what you’re hoping to learn here.” And she wanted him to do it on his own. She’d hold his hand to a certain point.

Then an eyeroll, “Think I remember her. A walking breach of the Veil if I ever saw one.” Not smart that one.

The grin was returned, “I mean challenge you to change into something you struggle with, something that isn’t easy for you. You won’t always have the option to study a specimen before needing to change. There might be times where time is of the essence and you need to change into something to either protect yourself or those around you.” As a former Arrow, he should know that. “I want to see you succeed in this, but you can’t always take the safe route.” Which was bullshit coming from her. The one who choose to ignore her feelings and shove them deep down, never acting upon them. “And yeah, the universe also has the chance to kick your teeth in too.” A wink.

Was she surprised that Phoenyx decided to join them? Not at all. This was her Order’s area, she needed to make sure they didn’t destroy it. Not that they would, but, shit happens.

Returning the smile with a wave, “No worries.” Cause there wasn’t.

Shrugging, “It should be, I don’t think we intend to get too crazy.” At least she didn’t. “Honestly? It could be. I can safely change form without getting lost in it. And I can do that for others. But this is about him learning in a safe environment, and he does risk getting lost. Not sure how dangerous that could get exactly, as I’ve never experienced it, but it is a risk.” Blunt and honest. “Just knowing you’re here is enough for me. If you think we’re being reckless, please, say something.”

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

(Shapechanging)Mana 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh sure, of course." Kaze says. "I mean, people, who are mages, not the other way around right?" He smiles at Aurora when she thanks him for at least considering the posibility that she would prefer he cover himself while he tried Shapechanging.

Kaze shrugs when Aurora says that posing nude didn't seem very exciting, "I was rehabbing from an injury, so I couldn't really do much, but I was still lifting with the team and stuff, so I in good enough shape to model at least."

"Yeah, well I don't either. That's why I try to study up on things like avoiding another of the same type of animal's hunting territory and making sure it isn't mating season, before I try out a form." Kaze says, laughing along with Aurora!

He nods when she says that her doing the change on him isn't the plan. "Nope. You're right. I want to get a handle on doing it on myself."

Kaze looks gratefully at Aurora, "I really appreciate you being willing to guide me though. It really feels good, knowing you're here if I do lose it."

He shrugs at Aurora's memory of Galatea. "Yeah. I mean, I got along with her alright, but...she wasn't very patient, and when I sparred with her, she didn't seem to really think things through very well. She tended to just kind of, react and trust her magic to pull her through. So, yeah 'walking breach waiting to happen' is pretty fair actually. She's probably spending her time swimming in the ocean as a shark, now and perfectly happy."

He nods when she explains what she meant by a 'challenge; he got it. Practice harder, and it's better when it's for real. He doesn't mention that he was driven to learn Shapechanging for the sheer thrill of it, not for the practical applications. He's not going to let himself feel guilty about doing it just for his own pleasure, but it won't take away from that to practice for using it in a real situation either.

Kaze nods again when Aurora talks about the universe kicking. "Oh yeah. I had to absorb Paradox a lot when I was first learning it. It was the first thing I did at Adept level." He says. And...actually the only thing still he's been doing at Adept level. 'cause it was the whole reason he pushed himself to learn the advanced stuff!

"Getting the Rote down helped a lot with that though."

"Oh, hey Phoenyx!" Kaze says as Phoenyx comes in, smiling unselfconscious in his disrobed state. Looks like it's fine. Good.

Kaze glances around as Phoenyx says she's cleared the space. "Yeah, I mean I wasn't planning on doing anything, like, bigger or smaller than my normal size, but..." He grins and looks at Aurora, "My instructor is challenging me to push myself!" He exclaims! "Just like old times, being here, like when Alastor was calling the shots!"

He looks more serious. "I'm going to try smaller though, so, like, no elephants or anything, at least to start." He says, smiling with the pleasure of planning what animal to be shapechanging into! Clearly he is almost giddy with joy at being able to do this!

Kaze nods in agreement when Aurora says that she's glad Phoenyx is here.

"Okay..." Kaze says, grinning with boyish anticipation, "let's do this!"

He begins to chant in High Speech and forms the formalized, structured construct of a Rote of the Life Arcana...

failure

The spell forms successfully without collapsing into chaos, and then it entangles tendrils around him, seeming almost to be squeezing him, compressing him even as his shape is obscured until the spell is complete, revealing a black cat on the floor where Kaze had been standing!

4 successes

For his part, Kaze finds himself firmly in control with his own mind and instincts in the sleek cat body.

4 successes

I sure am glad you brought Phoenyx into the scene, Xadun! Particularly since Kaze can't participate in the conversation as a cat, and wants to stay in the form for a long enough to test the duracttion, so probably for the whole scene! LOL! Never fear, I am looking forward to the challenge of expressing what he wants to say with physicality!

13. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow nods with a small smile. "Reckless is not something I would expect from you. Either of you," she looks from Aurora to Kaze. Seeing him, all of him there, the Arrow could feel her pulse quicken, the swirl of emotions starting somewhere in her stomach. With more, further down. She mentally clamped down on those feelings, carefully focusing on keeping her gaze at head level. Well. Chest level. She was only human. "Isn't it customary to wait for one's host before stripping your clothes off?"

It was just like being on mission. Awkward? Tense? Make a quip.

Does he have to stand there looking all.... sculpted?

While Kaze began focusing on the spell, the Arrow stole a look all the way down. Kaze looked good.

I'm over him. I am. It didn't work. He lied, and we want different things. was just the fact he was there all naked.

Maybe I need to go out again.

She squirms a little, hoping the spell means Kaze doesn't notice.

"Could you have turned into a cat and just... crawled out of your clothes?" she remarks to the cat. "Did you have to be naked?" She looks to Aurora questioningly. She was the Life Master, after all.

Dummy.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

15. Likes , Aeolus, , Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “Might as well practice with someone there to pull you back. And kick your ass if you get out of control.” A small joke. But not. Because if he lost himself, it wouldn’t be nice.

“That’s what causes death, relying on your magic all the time and not taking the time to think your actions through. And I don’t have the patience for someone like that, it puts us all in danger. It’s why I won’t rely on my magic to win a fight, I want to improve my basic skills, rely on those before magic.” But, that was her.

She remembered the paradox’s she had to absorb when fighting the Seer’s. The pain she went through, the blood and bruises, she spaces out for a second. Lost in those memories. Then a small shake of her head and forced smile. Back to the here and now.

A shrug, “Without challenge we don’t learn and grow. Staying in your comfort zone doesn’t get you anywhere.”

Then he begins, and she feels her body tense. With the possibility of a Paradox, she was on her toes. But there was none, and she relaxed…a bit.

A…cat? Well, that wasn’t what she expected.

Looking at KatKaze, then to Phoenyx, then back. “Well, that was successful.” Because it was. “But was it a challenge for you?” then remembering he couldn’t talk.

The quip about the clothes made her remember that those two used to date.

Awkward!

Smirking and chuckling a bit, “That depends. If the thing you are transforming into is smaller than your body, then no. If it’s larger, you tear your clothes in the process. But with Matter, at a level I don’t currently have, you can remain fully clothed.” Shrugging, “I wasn’t naked when I transformed at the Seer’s Sanctum, so preference?” or whatever.

17. Likes , Ruach, Xadun liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread