Watch

Dropping Bodies: Coroner's Investigation

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Dropping Bodies: Security Booth holding
Apr 24, 2021 - Apr 27, 2021
Dropping Bodies: Coroner's Office
Apr 27, 2021 - May 24, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Go ahead and roll fast - talk

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Fast-talk, 3 successes
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

What little he could hear did not fill Alexander with confidence, and the text from Mr Northbridge made his anxiety turn to unease. He had expected to be seen, thinking that to try and sneak around might have elicited some suspicion, but if there was something more going on then it might be best to try and enter unseen.

The blush of Vitae was making him much more nervous than normal, so he hesitated, and leaned against the lamppost, trying to listen in to the happenings in the security booths.

3 successes

Curse: Incredibly tall and emaciated, their skin is stretched over their large and bulky frame, with long limbs and a strangely shaped head.

Jennifer Hazelton

"Ah, yeah. That makes sense." Edward looks a bit sheepish. "I don't suppose you could let me just wait in the parking lot?"

When mentioned, Edward twisted around and leaned out of his car to see Alexander standing in plain view under the lamppost staring at the guard booth.
    Damn it man.

"That's him all right." Edward settled back into his seat. "Seems so, 'though he has business inside. Called to consult, I heard. I'm pretty early, so maybe he's waiting on the guy with... what'd you call it? An access card?"

"I mean, I got nothin' to do, so I'm more than happy to satisfy your curiosity, Mr. ...?" Edward squints at the name tag, "Remondi." He smiles.

"But that bein' said, I don't wanna be the cause of a holdup. I can pull aside if you want 'til there's no line?"
    "If he has business inside, wave him over. He can scan his access card and head in. You still cannot go in until you have approval. You know how it is." Remondi is agreeable, but just pointing out the rules. Its his job, after all. His eyes do flick to Alexander, yet there are now additional guards on scene as two more walked over to where Mable waits in her car. One of the guards is solely staring straight at Alexander.

At the second booth, Milton has more luck. The man consults a clipboard and frowns. He looks over at Milton. Finally he puts down his clipboard and picks up another clipboard, passing Milton a sign in sheet.
    "Sign your name in the log sir, with your liscense plate number. Park on the first level. You can find the door to the office straight to the north by the elevators."

Go ahead and make your roll, White . What does he want to try? Fast talk is an option. razzy Alexander Moore is able to pick up a few words over by Mable involving 'kick'. He can see the guard with Edward and Edward glance over to him.

5. Likes Endymion liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton accepts the clipboard with an air of quiet exasperation. It appears to be simply the impatience of the entitled, but his frustration is truly rooted in the debacle unfolding in the lot next store. Mable's oversight will not be forgotten. Things will need to be discussed, should she successfully extricate herself from her current...situation.

Having signed in and provided his license plate number as directed, Milton passes back the clipboard with a perfunctory "Thank you" before pulling away from the booth.

He parks on the first floor, as close to the office entrance as possible. Cuts the engine, picks up his phone. A message is sent to Alexander:

At the office. Will attempt to gain you access once I've made contact with staff. If that is not possible, will advise and proceed alone.

If all else fails, he can close the book on any possible breach. If they can't see the body, at least they can assure that nothing points to Kindred involvement. Perhaps he can acquire more complete files on the bodies themselves for later analysis.

First thing's first, though: he has to find someone he can work with. Milton produces the notepad he'd used at their initial meeting and flips through it, looking for a specific name. Finds it: a certain Ward.

That's where the Lord will start. He takes his phone, his keys, the notepad, and his laptop bag; gets outs of the car, straightens his suit, and starts toward the office. Sounds echo strangely in the parking garage. Milton ignores them.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Jennifer Hazelton

Those who made 3 suxx last perception roll hear:
    The man standing beside Valancia, facing Mable's car - a Black man standing at about 6'2" with the name tag Minor - lifted his radio to his mouth and turned away slightly, relaying to the guards some information.
    "Unconnected to the 148.1 and 207. Grant exit."

Strike any knowledge or overhearing of a kick on a guard, that was misinformation
    Milton should continue to post in this thread

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Figures.

Lack of planning was a bitch. But, the security made Edward a lot less worried that one of them would get jumped while inside. For all the problems with the Jackal and Poacher, they hadn't directly caused a breach; Edward didn't see a reason why they'd start here of all places.

So, if Alexander or Milton was going to get attacked, Edward figured it would be entering or leaving. He glanced over at the adjacent booth, seeing Milton sign and leave. That just left Alexander, who was still standing outside.

Well, he'd make one attempt to camp out by the entrance/exit; if that failed, Edward would go visit Alexander.

"I get it, I get it, but what if I don't go in? Just waitin' in the parkin' lot's all."
    1 success

Jennifer Hazelton

Fast-Talk: Manipulation + Persuasion What did you roll, White ?

Jennifer Hazelton

As Guard Remondi looks to Edward expectantly, the phone rings. He walks over to lift the phone to his ear. As he does this, Guard Valencia returns to the security booth. Mable's car pulls around the security booth and exits the coroner's office parking lot. She dives off into the night.
    Valencia stands wth her back to Edward, making a notation on her clipboard. The two guards who had joined Guard Valencia, including the one who had been staring intently at Alexander Moore for three minutes, begin to approach Alexander Moore.

Guard Remondi listens to the caller and then frowns. "Are you certain? No one at the gate here has an access card. Are you in possession of their access card?"

A pause.

"Who are you?" He reaches into his pocket and draws out a small laminated card and consults it. "Ward? No, I would be more comfortable if Chief Fletcher made the call." There's a pause. He turns away from Edward for a minute. The guard turns back, studying Edward. The card is slipped back into Remondi's pocket.

"Alright, you and Dr. Moore have clearance."
    Guard Remondi pressed a button, raising the safety gate and permitting Edward to drive forward. Remondi glances towards the big man in the parking lot, frowning slightly. Edward Heinrich Alexander Moore razzy

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Manipulation 4 + Persuasion 0, and then -1 for unskilled.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread