Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(2103) The Wishing Fire

Mar 20, 2021 : (2103)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

There is something about watching the grayness completely take over his face for that brief moment that gives her such an inner satisfaction, even though at that lone moment, it probably shouldn't have. His answer though about peeking warmed her. Someone to help them make those dreams a reality. And yet now reality seems like a dream to her. "Touche."

Still, composure resumed once the new Lost joined them, John introducing her. Sometimes it still felt a little odd being introduced as Thane, but that is her title now.

"A pleasure to meet you, Slikana. Have you not had many dealings with other Freeholds?" Asking if the King of Sorrow referred to Winter simply gave her that impression. Perhaps on the newer end of Lost. Either way, it was information to be gathered. Then the smell of freshly cut grass and soil tipped her off. Such a clear Spring mantle. "Wonderful for you to make it here for your Court's coronation."

A glance back to John with a faint, appropriate smile, "Certainly treat yourself, John, but as it is the special occasion of the trade of crowns, I think your courtmates should be the ones treating you."

@Zonghioul123 Slikana Senka In case you didn't notice, you posted under your player account instead of your character account. You'll want to have that account (exitscene) and then continue posting with your character account. Or just in general make sure you post with your character account.

2. Likes Aeolus, , Shane liked this post

Slikana Senka
    mantle Spring
    (scent of fresh cut grass)
    language
    (conversational Latin)
    fast reflexes
    (gymnastics)
    resources
    (need somethin?)
    Slikana Senka

PRE

Wyrd
    Tunnelgrub

"This is my first dealings with Freeholds of any kind. Most of my interactions with our kind was limited and one on one dealings. I am still learning the differences and styles of many things. I am glad I was able to be invited and come to this Coronation." Slikana will answer honestly, dipping into his southwestern drawl and losing some of the polished wording.

I realized that and was looking into how to fix it. Still figuring out how to forum
    Spring mantle sent of freshly cut grass and newly turned garden soil.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John was a pragmatist at heart, two people working on a common goal were always better than hoping something would work out. He hadn't been able to hide the embarrassment, comment catching him off guard but he'd had a moment and some distance and the gray bled back down his face leaving pale skin behind, his shadow shifting and twisting in the fire light stretching and reaching for Cassandra's before the fire flickered and it was back again.

He offered a small smile at her words before bringing the cigarette back up to look at their new arrival. Though when he asked about the title John raised an eyebrow, he was in a court judging by the smell, summer? He always attributed fresh cut grass to summer BBQ's more than anything else, but that was association. He didn't correct Cassandra so he'd run with that assumption for now. "Yes it is, just as Seraphina is the Queen of Desires, I'm sure there are probably other titles. It's just a, uh, less formal title." He gave a soft shrug, leave it to the Winter to differentiate between formal and informal titles.

"Home. Yes." He nodded his agreement with the other Darkling, making sure to keep his eyes on the fire even as they wanted to drift and dance around the room, wanting to listen to the comings and goings of the freehold to keep his finger on the pulse. But he'd meant it when he said he was taking the night off, and so his world was made less complicated for the night. But that didn't stop the temptation. "So what is it you do? If you don't mind my asking."

He flicked the ashes of his cigarette into the fire before sliding back down into his seat. Cassandra's proposition could be taken a couple of ways but he had to ask himself was he comfortable with her buying for him? It was not a hard question for the Darkling. "Sounds like a good way to end the night. "

Goes by the name: John

5. Likes Shenanigans, liked this post

0 Scenes

Zonghioul123 Slikana Senka The exitscene that Shenanigans Cassandra Reeding mentioned is what you should put in the expenditure box (in the Go Advanced) on your player account to get rid of that marble off the who's up top bar.
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Apr 5th, 2021 at 01:55 PM.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra is always mildly suspicious of anyone who is supposedly new to the idea of Freeholds, particularly when they are contracted with a Season. She knows the plots and angles many Lost have tried to take, gathering intel by playing dumb about how things work. Those kinder, emerald eyes seem calculating then, but really, looking at a Polychromatic, what they are really feeling is anyone's guess. Shifting, prismatic colors dance across her skin evenly, almost relaxed. Even her mantle, a breeze of frozen wind and the slight warmth of sunlight comes to a calm. Controlled.

At the same time, there was only one dance she wanted to be doing tonight, and this was not it. Watching the conversations shift, considering every word, looking for the things left unsaid. It isn't Winter anymore, but you can't change the core of a courtier. And yet, core or no, she'd put it all aside for him in less than a heartbeat. If he truly reached for her, would she actually be able to resist that temptation? A lyric makes its way into her mind: I can't say no to you.

"And if you want to go deeper on titles, technically, you have a title as being a courtier as you are part of a Seasonal court and with a Freehold. All it means is you are part of said court." What is Winter without acknowledgement of formalities?

John asked the newcomer a question, she needn't pry deeper, even though she felt the urge to. Let them answer first. More questions do pop in her mind though. What have you been up to? How long have you been out? Where did you actually come from? Why haven't you seeked out a Freehold before? No, stop it, Cassandra. There will be time for prying. Not tonight. Be a little more Springly tonight.

"Agreed. Another thing to look forward to." She keeps her face relaxed, pleasantly neutral. "Given the plethora of other activities Spring has to offer tonight." She adds.

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post

PRE

exiting scene

Slikana Senka
    mantle Spring
    language
    (conversational Latin)
    fast reflexes
    (gymnastics)
    resources
    (need somethin?)
    Slikana Senka

PRE

Wyrd
    Tunnelgrub

"I come from Houston. That is were I lived before..." Slikana's eyes glaze over again and he shutters while his skin grows darker and more shifty. He quickly returns to "normal" and to the conversation. "I was born in Denver and when I became 22, I moved down there to lose some unwanted interests. I procure items of interest for museums or collectors with enough spare change."

He looked about him and started looking for points of interest, finally settling on the bar. "I'm going to head to the bar and grab something. Can I get y'all something?" Slikana asks completely falling into his old accent.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

(+2 Wits)Glamour 2 Spent
    PRE

Whisperwisp

John didn't want to dance but he couldn't stop himself from digging. It was part of who he was and who he was made to be, for better and for worse. Trail of smoke wafting up from the cigarette as he rest his hand on his knee and listened to Silkana and Cassandra, nodding along his agreement about titles. The physical distance between them wasn't great but he felt like she was suddenly so far away. This was going to be more difficult than he'd imagined, not that his imagination had anywhere to begin in this matter.

"Unwanted interests? You speaking of a fetch? Procure, that's an interesting choice of words. Does that make you a thief or something else?" His tone was still even, lacking surprise or judgement of any kind. He looked up to Silkana as he asked those questions and let those eyes absorb the man, those shadowed, shifting orbs taking in and measuring everything the man was. James had a variety of tools to determine the truth but seeing a response to a question whether truth or lie was information of itself.

3 successes

"That's a kind offer, if it's not too much trouble I'd love a whiskey cider. If it's not available just alcohol and soda or juice will do." He gave a pleasant laugh that was uncharacteristic of the Darkling but he was making nice so he made an effort even if it was false. He looked over at Cassandra seeing if she'd take up the offer or not.

<<"Did you catch the magic act last week? What did you think of it?">>

Goes by the name: John

12. Likes pisces, Shenanigans, liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra's mind immediately catches onto the mention of Houston. The way Slikana's eyes move and the way they shudder, she would assume she has a pretty good idea of exactly why they reacted the way they did. The real question is how they truly felt about it. Spring was pretty oppressed in Houston, Winter having a close relationship with them in a questionable manner. It wasn't heavily discussed in Baltimore, but Winter knew about it. Could be old intel though now for all she knows.

A stray thought: Can't there be a simple night out where they don't have to dance?

The Fairest was curious, however, how the Darkling would answer John's questions. Unwanted interests could certainly mean a lot of things and perhaps he was on the right track. Wording is, of course, always of interest to analyze. Though, as she is listening, she feels far too close to the Spring. Or, perhaps it was that she felt too far away from John. They could be closer for this, couldn't they?

The moment the Spring mentioned they would go to the bar perhaps made her a little too happy and she nods, "Oh yes, that would be lovely, thank you," Get a different drink. It'll take longer. "It's Spring, I assume there is Malibu back there. If it isn't too much trouble a cranberry with Malibu would be nice. Or, well, any rum fruit drink. If not, just juice is fine." A pleasant smile.

Cassandra then walks to be a bit closer to John, within his shadow, but not inappropriately close. As much as she wanted to be. <<"The act itself was pretty cool, but I thought the atmosphere could have been better. Music makes or breaks everything. What was your opinion?">>

14. Likes , pisces liked this post

Slikana Senka
    mantle Spring
    language
    (conversational Latin)
    fast reflexes
    (gymnastics)
    resources
    (need somethin?)
    Slikana Senka

PRE

Wyrd
    Tunnelgrub

"No, not a fetch; what ever that is. Officers of the human kind. Before I became this." Slikana gestures to his current form of Darkling. "I dug myself out of my tenure as a servant somewhere outside of Houston. I found my quick exit supplies and didn't look back. That is one title for what I do. But, it is something I want to leave behind. I'm hoping to find a job as a jeweler or something. A whiskey cider and a Malibu cranberry. Ill be right back." He repeats back the drinks and bows slightly before departing to the bar.

continued on Spring Coronation

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread