Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

He nods, "I prefer Tiny actually. you can guess where I got it from" he gestures at the short stature." He scrolls through the phone, "Thank you. Mas Taco is a good choice, well picked." He picks a half dozen tacos, none of them traditional. When a Tikka masala taco appears before him, Tiny knows to seize it. "Thank you for dinner." Dad always raised him to be grateful for food. "Cerveza senorita?" He gestures again to the beer fridge.

"Touring, but too poor for motels? So that eliminates musical theater, and theater too probably. Music of some kind? Were you the lead singer?" He asks, drinking more of his wine. Her voice certainly was good enough. "Oh, I finished law a long time ago. I couch surfed to leave my old pack and finally ended up here." He is honest and open, and seems to not be trying to obfuscate anything, not uncommon for an Iminir. "couch surfing as a werewolf was equal parts fun and a little bit scary. Nothing like being told 'the next urdaga are 100 miles that way. And there is Anshega for 90 of those miles.' Had to ditch the car in Utah and hike the desert. That was life changing, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone." The stars swallowed the sky, and the howls in the distance were never comforting.

"We are light on tactics, and stronger in individual prowess. Warriors over soldiers. The alpha's a solid bruiser. Challenged our southern pure neighbors' alpha to a duel and beat the shit out of him. Bleeds Well, he's the oathmaster, he's Rahu Suthar Anzuth" Which said everything really. "I'm more on the talking side of fighting, what about you?"
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Melodious)
    Striking Looks
    (Wise Eyes)
    Presence
    (Present in the Moment)
    Fame
    (Christian Folk Singer)
    Sunny Day

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Taking back the phone Sunny finished up the order before sliding it back into her pocket. Her small hands carried callouses on the fingertips, but were otherwise pretty well looked after, and her skin showed no scars. Perhaps she hadn't been in any big scrapes yet.

At the offer of beer she gave a little nod, but didn't move immediately. "Singer, songwriter, guitar. We were a... indie christian rock group. Sort of like a older BarlowGirl, if you know the scene. We toured festivals and proms, nothing huge. If you are in the scene, we were pretty popular, but not so much outside it. Girlatians was us. We are on youtube." She shrugged. "Band broke up when I changed. Started spewing prophecy and first tounge as lyrics on stage right before... well, you know. Wasn't the best." Her eyes looked at the ground, and she pushed off her box and went to the beer fridge, opening it and looking though it while she pushed away the still very fresh memory. Eventually she pulled the bottle, and turned back.

"More of a keeper of lore than a fighter, got to be honest. I'm no warhowler, but I can hype people up before the battle starts, but once things kick off, better I am in the middle rather than the front." She gave a weak smile. "You said there was a big turn over, there a lot of the people here?"

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny nods, reaching into the fridge and pulling out Pacifico for her. "A Glass or the bottle?" He asks, popping the top off, putting in the recycling bin.

"I'm not in that scene at all. Give me Vivaldi or Chopin or in a really bad day Mahler. Sacramento is good for Mahler. I'm sure someone found you soon after to get you sorted, but that must have been scary. I had a similar problem, thankfully not in a courtroom. But my mom is one of the People, and my dad is a firm believer in the church of Dawkins. Me, well, I never got into it personally, but i grew up in the midwest, which makes me a poorly practicing protestant by association." He doesn't sound completely comfortable with that statement.

"I can understand that. but even a lorekeeper has to get some bloody claws sometimes. Spirits don't like being told no, and that is a problem. Sacramento has had a lot of turnover, most leave though. Right now there aren't too many of us, but enough tom antain a good territory and keep safe."

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well fails at walking softly, but he’s got the carrying a big stick thing down. Hard hat in one hand, sledgehammer gripped tight just under the head in the other. The Rahu steps into the doorway into Tiny’s bar/living area. Average height, wiry build Bleeds Well is not the first image that comes to the mind of most when they hear Suthar Anzuth Rahu. He wears patched, thrift store jeans, a faded Grateful Dead t-shirt, and a reflective vest. Sweat sheens off his skin and damp curls stick to his forehead.

He squints at the blonde for a moment, his expression blank as waves of primal energy roll off of the Enforcer. Gently he sets the hammer down, carefully leaning it against a box and placing the stolen hard hat on top.

Bleeds Well doesn’t bother introducing himself, Word travels fast in the among them People thanks to some gossipy-ass spirits. Bleeds Well has no problem pummeling packmates who fail to uphold the Oath. Could that be why so few stick around?

1 success

Welcome Wagon’s here.” He announces to Tiny. “Bastion, agua por favor? Ran here when I got your text.” As he strides in he throws a passing comment to the newcomer,” Please tell me you’re not another fucking Storm Lord.”

PU: 4

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Melodious)
    Striking Looks
    (Wise Eyes)
    Presence
    (Present in the Moment)
    Fame
    (Christian Folk Singer)
    Sunny Day

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Didn't have the family in the business advantage sadly, though looking back maybe my gran-pappy might have been. Hard to say, and I've not found any stories to line it up."
    She pointed at the bottle in answer. "Bruckner over Mahler Tiny, have some taste." She smirked as she too it from him, though that froze as the other man came in. Tiny's face showed recognition though, so she seemed to relax partially. That primal urge though, that meant she was slightly on edge and that wasn't reducing anytime soon.

"Nope, never fucked with a Storm Lord."
    She tried to joke. "Death Wolf would have words with me about it if I did, I'm sure. Or if I didn't and it was owed them maybe." She eyed the hammer and helmet. "I'm guessing Oath's Bastion asked for backup then?"

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"Not uncommon in the People. Some lineages are easier than others. I met one Cahalith in Des Moine who had the entire genealogy of every wolf in the area back seven generations. Lot of kissing cousins when you go back that far. If you want, i've can easily get 3 generations, and might be able to get a fourth, depends on how my mom is feeling."

"Never heard of Bruckner. Consider him on the to listen to list." Tiny pulls a legal pad out of a drawe in the kitchen and adds the Bruckner name to an actual list titled To Listen. "My bad days like Mahler, what do your bad days like?."

"True Wisdom that Death Wolf. Fucking with the Storm is not a good plan. Wet dog is very unpleasant." He hands a glass of water to Bleeds. "De nada. And Bleeds Well takes a real interest in the new members. He likes to get everyone on the same page. And he hasn't broken anyone's fingers in months!" Tiny adds with a great deal of false cheer.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well grunts in thanks before gulping thirstily.

He sets the glass down on the bar with a thunk before speaking, an edge of authority creeping into his voice. He leans, hand still held to the top of the glass in a tight grip. He frowns at Tiny's jest before turning that glower onto the newcomer.

Alpha's not here, so I'll give you the rundown and the warning. A lot of transient People come through Sacramento. Clarion’s Call welcomes them all, most don’t hang around too long. Those that do, become my family.” Eyes flick to Tiny and he pauses for a moment to give Tiny a respectful nod. He starts the turn back towards Sunny Day, but double takes back to Tiny, a look of remembrance passes across his face. His frown softens a little, before his body stiffens with a boiling rage as he focuses once more on the unknown wolf.

The nature of this reality forces me to be exceedingly strict when it comes to maintaining our packs harmony and our reputation. The Spirits don't care if you're only here a short time, if you break the Oath it reflects badly on the Call." He gestures towards Tiny, this time without looking at the Elodoth. "Bastion may jest, but if you do something dumb, like try to perform rites in Dalu half-dressed in the middle of an open park, I will hurt you. If you eat the flesh of man or wolf I will hurt, and then bring your broken body to Alpha for judgement. These things seem obvious, but I say them explicitly for the same reason Tide pods say 'not for consumption'. Bastion likes to debate and interpret the Oath, but to the Lunes there is no debate; Ralunim don't seek loopholes. This is the law of the land, until the lunes take me or a challenger proves my better." The last sentence punctuated by a double tap of the glass on wood. "Until Alpha welcomes you and blesses off, you can expect basic hospitality in Sacramento. You may not hunt our territories alone, if Tiny is too busy, he knows how to reach me. I doubt any of that will be an issue though, we have a knack for assembling rather quickly when People arrive."

His glower finally softens, "You can sleep easy now, I know the journey here is an arduous one. Welcome to Sacramento, and I hope to welcome you into Clarion's Call soon."

PU: 4

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Distinctive Voice
    (Melodious)
    Striking Looks
    (Wise Eyes)
    Presence
    (Present in the Moment)
    Fame
    (Christian Folk Singer)
    Sunny Day

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

The small framed woman doesn't seem to fade under the look of authority, but does move to show deference. "I'll be blunt Bleeds, Spirits don't care if you are local or running through to chat. They will talk wider than just local. It's not worth my ass to breach the oath, when my duties, as well as my tribal oath, require me to be on the straight and narrow. Or, at least the narrow." She threw back the rest of the beer. "I intend to stick around, but even if I didn't, the people talk, the spirits talk, and my reputation is the thing that opens doors for me."
    She looked straight down Bleeds Well. "But my Oath is real simple. Pay each spirit in kind. Death Wolf demands that if a spirit fucks with me, I have to deal with it. As long as we are on the same page on that, we will be fine."
    She relaxed as he relaxed. "I won't hunt without a pack member, even if I get a spot in the Call. I'm no new moon, I'm not a scout. I'll stand with others, united is better for me." She put her glass down. "And we don't eat the flesh, that's a rule that has no loophole."
    Something about the way she said it had a slightly more specific tone than things she had said previously.

16. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow, Mark liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny does nothing to interpose himself between Bleeds and Sunny Day. On the oath, they quibble on details but stand like the walls of Constatinople when it comes to the heart of things. He finishes his glass of wine and pours another.
    "You never told me about someone doing dalu in the park. What was that story? Sunny Day is a cahalith who goes hard on the singer portion, she could probably turn it into a good warning poem if you want." He lets the comment about the lunes not respecting loopholes slide. It would detract from Bleed's presence here, and that wouldn't be productive. But while the Ralunim tried to keep things simple, between the Eolunim and Irralunim, they could be persusaded. Turn an obvious falsehood to truth? No, but seize on a point of vaguery, certainly.
    Regardless, he wants to integrate her into the pack, help her find useful and acceptance.

At Sunny's response of the lack of loopholes, Tiny is reminded of a story from Canon city, of the werewolf who was fed bloody essence to stay alive. Perhaps some other time. Still, her oath brings up a question that he can't help himself from asking, "So, Uratha are part spirit, does that mean you pay each Uratha in kind as well? Urdaga and Anshega?"

"Well, with that out of the way, we have tacos coming soon Bleeds, i ordered extra in case anyone showed up. Can i get you anything else besides the water?" Hosting was built into Tiny, and he wasn't going to let his father down.

He heads back to the kitchen, and empties a bag of Chicharones into a bowl, setting it on a coffee table by the two couches. "Grab a seat." He offers.

18. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The Enforcer’s glare is a frozen mask of barely contained rage as the child of Death Wolf speaks. Instinct calls for the pup to be forced to submit, to not tolerate any defiance, even defiance that agrees with him. The oath demands the Sunny Day be respected. The internal war of conflicting emotions, instinct vs spirit, play out subtly in his eyes. It is not a close contest.

The small thunk as Sunny Day sets down her glass is too much for Bleeds Well. The glare slowly cracks into a smile, and a broad grin stretches across his face.

“Fair enough, you’ll find Sacramento a welcoming city then.” If he has a comment of eating flesh he swallows it. Some memories are too fresh.

“Before your time, we had a young Wolf who wished go be a ritesmaster. He showed promise, but lacked the wisdom to temper his power. He woke Renewal of Nature. that’s a problem that will no doubt get worse with the new development... ya know the original investor just suddenly backed out. Makes you wonder,” he trails off for a moment. Falling quiet but his mouth still moving as if to keep speaking. After a second of this, he continues, “kid makes to do some rite in the park. I caught him shirtless, in Dalu, with the park open and joggers on the path, trying to perform some damn rite. He learned quick though. Never had give him another lesson after that. No idea why he didn’t just perform it in the hisil If he was in such a rush.” He shakes his head, voice full of nostalgia and not quite healed scars.

The offer of tacos gets a grunt and reluctant acceptance. “Food delivery,” he shakes his head. “It’s not enough they slaughter the fattened calf for you, they cook and bring it to you too.” He eyes Tiny’s bar, “but tacos and a fine whiskey would be a pleasant indulgence. I accept your hospitality.” With that settled, the dirty, haggard child of Fenris plopped into a seat, looking a little less stoic than he’d ever been in front of Oath’s Bastion.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last