Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

As the game proceeded it became increasingly clear the distractions were working, but landing less on on Guru than on Vulture. As she put back another shot, her eyes flicked back to the lacy clothes, and she silently resolved to do better, to show off a little more.

"Yeah, you can definitely call me." She said, a little too eagerly given the suggestion of Vulture beating someone up. "I mean, if you need someone, I can..." She shook her head, closed her eyes, and tried to focus.

It was a losing battle though. Pretty people, good company, and the first alcohol she had had in maybe four years were quickly reaching the corners of her attention. She was disciplined, hardy, and even a little prideful, but she was also out of practice when it came to this sort of thing.

1 success

The shots weren't well placed, and she wasn't doing a lot to be a helpful teammate, doing more to set up shots for the other team than her own. Darnit.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx shakes her head at Guru. "No, I mean grapples and holds are not something I am so experienced with. I was taught more dispatching than capturing."

She listens, and shakes her head at Madison as well. "I did try. You put in effort. I think you could do well if you practiced more." She looks at her empty glass and frowns. "Maybe I should try and teach more people."

A smile is cracked again. "Yeeees, I am sure!" she replies sarcastically. "And we talked about it! With Penny and Val. They said it was like this," she takes the sides of Aurora's top and tugs lightly downwards to show off Madison's chest a bit more.

Eyebrows raised as Vulture seems eager to jump into a fight - The Arrow had completely missed Vulture's furtive glances. "We're not supposed to look for fights, Dee!" She says, smile receding for a moment, looking serious. Then she leans on the table and adds "Even if they can be fun!" In a loud whisper. Her smile comes back.

"I'm going to get a drink. Does anybody want anything?" Phoenyx glances around. "Oh. It's my turn. I should do that first."

1 success

She frowns at the table for a moment before passing Aurora her cue and heading to the bar.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru had tried to say something when Mads had asked her questions, stammered a couple times and then just shook his head and laughed. It felt like a trap question and he didn't know which answer to select so he'd opted for none. "Of course I have been, thought about getting my own or making my own cue if this is going to be a regular thing." Purchasing was likely to be easier. Guru nodded, "Sides that short stint of BJJ most of my training was from getting jumped, that's more about trying to create space than engaging directly."

He held up his hands in defeat, giving up the argument on her talent over pool he didn't have enough data points to make any sort of significant conclusion right away but they were trending a certain direction. Good thing he had held his hands up to as she came at him over the turn of phrase but he just smiled and laughed. "Yea, for calling me on my bullshit. I talked shit now I gotta pay up." Though as she finished her joke he had a wide smile on his face and he dramatically wiped his brow to say he'd been sweating. "Alright, a surprise for the other."

Guru slipped away to get this first round of drinks as folks took their shots and had the most excellent timing of arriving just as Alice was working on Madison's top. It had the exact desired effect as he stood there dumbstruck, wondering mostly what was going on but also by the intended effect. It took him a second before setting the tray of drinks down getting a round for everyone again. Alice got a tequila sunrise so orange and cherry, Madison got her cinnamon toast crunch and a familiar looking green tinged cocktail, he didn't know Dee's flavor profile yet so he got her something to test the waters and got her a moscow mule, where as for him it was neat scotch again.

Guru was familiar with fights and fighting but it always reminded him of the darker parts of his past. Parts he'd rather put behind, but, he kept volunteering for dangerous shit. Alice slipping away to get another drink, couldn't blame her he'd burn through his scotch in a couple shots. He took a sip and grabbed his cue before taking his own turn at the table. This game was more challenging than the last, more complicated positions and shots each time having to take more time to set up shots.

2 successes

A tie so play continues IIRC

5. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A thumbs up was given to Vulture, “Awesome! If it goes well, we can make a day out of it!” she jokes with a smirk. Cause if you were going to call someone to beat someone up for you, you might as well make a day out of it.

“Then it’s time to learn something new!” she sounded a bit too excited about that. Seeing the Arrow struggle with learning something could be fun.

Shrugging, “I’m just not the fighter type. If it’s gotten to that point, then I’ve failed with my charms.” True enough. “But I’m not opposed to try again.” Who knows, maybe something would stick this time.

To say the Shaman was surprised would be an understatement. This was not something she would have expected from Phoenyx. Would have lost that bet. “Didn’t realize I wasn’t showing enough skin, I’ll fix that the next time we play. But that means you have to as well.” Fair was fair. The blonde didn’t have an issue showing skin, but did the Arrow?

How drunk was Phoenyx already? She wonders, watching and smiles and loud whispers. She was going to have to keep an eye on her.

A shake of her head at the offer.

“Making your own?” she asks, “Never heard of anyone making their own, but I suppose it’s a possibility. Never saw the benefit in buying my own cue, seemed an unnecessary expense considering I don’t play that often.” But she guesses there was benefits to it, never having to make sure the cue was straight.

“I’ve never been one to turn down a free drink.”
    Well, she had. But that was cause the guy or girl was creepy AF.

Catching the look, she returns it with one of innocence, “What?” clearly not bothered by it.
    But then her face lights up, “Oh! Two!” eyeing the shot and the drink, “You know the way to girls heart.” She teased.

Though it seems her luck had finally started to run out. The shot missed, not hitting anything but the sides of the table. Straightening up, she sighs with a smirk, “Well, seems I’m losing my luck.” Not worried about it, shrugging her shoulder and taking her shot. Blinking a few times, “Ok, this has to be the best shot I’ve had.” So tasty!

failure

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vulture gave a small nod of appreciation to Guru as the drink was handed over, and she put it down next to her as she began to line up yet another shot.

failure

As Aurora passed in front of the table, Vulture took her turn, and it was a clear miss, the ball bouncing against two cushions and coming to rest against a blue ball. The young mage put her forehead against the wood of the edge of the table in frustration, then walked over to the shot dropping it in one clean drink, the glass spinning again and dropping on the table bottom up. Vultures pride was catching up with her, and she was getting frustrated she wasn't putting her best foot forward for her boss. Or maybe she was just upset she was getting distracted. Her nose crinkled as the flavours hit her mouth, ginger and vodka mixing.

She exhaled slowly. The alcohol was definitely getting to her, and she sat in her chair. "Might need some water actually. Thing about the stan? No booze. Been dry too long." She smiled sheepishly.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nodded to Aurora. "Maybe it is. It has been a long time since I learned new styles."

A shake of the head, maybe a little more than she would normally do. "No. Only need one distraction. Then I can get into place. And Strike!" There is enthusiasm bubbling through her usually glacial exterior.

She comes back from the Bar with Guru, completely forgetting he had offered for drinks. She takes the sunrise, looking at the separated colours. Sucking on the straw her eyes light up. "I like it!" The Arrow sounds somewhat surprised. "Thank you!"

See, she could do this. It was easy! The cocktail she had before coming to the bar was really doing it's job now!

She had to be careful not to celebrate when Vulture missed. After Aurora not doing so well, she really didn't want to be on the losing side again. Firebird takes up her cue and leans over the table, watching the cue ball intently.

2 successes

"Yesss!" she exclaims as she sinks a few more shots. "We're not done yet!"

The Obrimos Arrow has a competitive streak. Who knew.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru nodded, "Not much of a fighter either. Just, had to pick up a few things before I found my calling, you know?" Sure it was like theirs, mixed bag filled with good and bad. Awakening hadn't changed that at all, he'd been prepared to live that hermit life. Why did everyone want to escape to Alaska though?

He purposefully looked down and took a drink of his scotch as Aurora made her comment about showing more skin. He was the odd man out here and wasn't about to go anywhere near that conversation as funny as it might be. Well... "Sounds like it's a beach outing!" His lips pulled back, eyes going wide as he realized how loud he'd gotten. "Sorry. Got excited. Next time lets go to like a nice, moderately populated beach. Beer, waves, maybe a little surfing..." He raised his eyebrows opening up his arms in invitation, egging them on.

"Sure our friends will agree that a tool is better when it's designed for you. They give you a good variety here but if I got a cue to my exact measurement, weighted exactly for my grip it'd make a big difference. I like making things, I like tinkering with things but I don't own any woodworking tools let alone a lathe. Now if you needed a substance analyzed I have the tools for that.

"I think I might." He gave an upward nod to the cocktail affectionately dubbed Death in the Afternoon. "I agree, tasty shot for being entirely alcohol." Guru furrowed his brow at a mention of a Stan. Who was Stan and why was he dry? "Not a bad idea to alternate, best way to prevent a hangover." Guru was generally oblivious to the shift in Alice's demeanor, just thinking she got into the game. "Not a problem. A bet was owed but I'm glad you like it."

Then it was guru's shot, down to the eight ball and he lined the shot up eighth ball resting right at the edge of the pocket before the cue slid back and sank into one itself. He tossed his head back in defeat. "Oh man, so close. What a good game though. Real nail biter."

1 success

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Looked like she wasn’t the only one running low on luck this evening. Which was good for her team. If she cared about winning anyways.

Looking a bit confused, “What’s a stan?” was it a place? A person? Maybe a thing? “But hydrating is always good.” Or, using some magic.

Eyes look from Phoenyx to Guru, then back. Maybe it was time to stop serving the Arrow. “Multiple distractions are always a good thing. No one knows where to look.” Trust her. It was good.

Though Phoenyx was playing better now. Maybe the shots were loosening her up enough to play pool better? Which was good and bad. But that depended on what side you are on.

Then a wide smile, “Sorry for what? The beach sounds like fun! If we find one that allows open fire, I can provide some evening entertainment!” this was huge, first time she had offered to perform in a while. “I’ll even bring some of my homebrews.” She had some lighter, summer style brews going.

“I referb furniture, but I don’t think I have any of the tools you’d be looking for. And certainly, don’t have a lathe, but they look cool!”
    she knew what it was.

A smirk, “A dangerous thing to have.” Picking up the drink and trying it, “Oh, well, I’m just going to give you the damn key! This is amazing!” laughing as she continued to enjoy the drink.

Watching him miss the shot, “So that leaves us with either playing another round, or,” pausing, “ordering some food, continuing our drinking, but changing the game up.” She offers, “I’m game for whatever, but the night is early!”

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze is wearing a black leather jacket over a solid black shirt and black trousers and athletic shoes as he comes upstairs to check the place out and does a small double take when he notices Aurora, Phoenyx, Guru and Dee all at the roped off pool table! Wow.

He smiles and heads over. “Hey.” He says, waiting until nobody’s actually lining their shot and just loud enough to be heard over the music.

“Is this a private competition, or are spectators allowed?” He asks with a grin.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Was that Kaze? It was!

Waving, she motions him over, “Hey you!” not someone she was expecting to see here. Then again? What did Kaze do for fun? “Come join us.”

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread