Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru couldn't help but hold his hands up as if in prayer when Phoenyx relents, he at least had the wherewithal not to shout Halleluiah. "Work is my pleasure so I can't say anything about that." Smiling as they all gathered around the table and grabbed their shots. "Oh my, think the student has become the master." Aurora teasing him playfully, continuing the circle. "Guess it's motivation to win then, isn't it." He knocked back his shot after that, smiling as the glass clanked against the table.

Letting out a deep breath, breathing out all that hot air and inhaling sharply before coming back to the conversation. "Love hiking, especially a multiple day hike" Conversation shifting back to the stakes. "Alice has the right of it. Though for added stakes, for 1 game, we play for an event. Winning teams gets to decide an event that we all have to go to. I could take you to a sweet rave..." He chuckled and began moving his hands jerkily in front of him as a poor attempt at the Robot. Not much of a dancer it seemed.

"Just an idea, Otherwise we're playing for drinks and that's fine too. Now who's on who's team and who's gonna break?" He said as he moved over to the table and began to rack for a traditional game of eight ball. "Dee, I take it your familiar with the rules? If so we are good to get started." He said lifting the rack lightly before storing it again.

2. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, “Might as well be the new girl!” she teases. Not sure how Dee would respond to teasing, but, only one way to find out.

“Oh, it’s only about pool. Nothing shady or underhanded going on. At least, not that I know of, I would hope someone would clue me in.” cause, yeah, shady could be fun. “Because I have a few ideas that could make it all sorts of fun.”

An eyebrow quirks at the comment, “Very me?” confused, did she miss something?

All the Shaman does is simply shrug to Phoenyx, “Of course they do.” Like there was a doubt.

Knocking back her shot, there was a small shudder as the whiskey worked its way down, warming her. Watching the Arrow, she had to smile.

Sighing as she perches on the edge of a stool, “Again, I’m not very good, I simply got lucky. Plus, I had a good partner.” See, win win.

“That’s a good way of putting it,”
    she says to Guru, “so I think I can say the same.” Though it wasn’t as much a pleasure anymore as a way to make money. There was then amusement on her face, “Is that so?” a sly smile appearing as she sips her Abstinthe.

“Now those sound-like interesting stakes, think I would throw money down to see Alice at a rave. And it’s been years since I’ve been to one.” Too many to mention. “Though you’d have to promise not to do whatever that was.” Gesturing to his dancing, but smirking.

“We could switch the teams up,”
    she suggests, “that way Alice doesn’t think she got taken for a ride again.” A wink to the Arrow. “Or, whatever.”

4. Likes Ruach, , Shane liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It sounds," she responded to the First Talon, "Like you got hustled." She smiled widely, and threw back the chocolate mint shot, her deft fingers flipping the glass and put it down on a coaster next to her as she headed towards the cues and Guru.

"An event huh?" She looked back to Pheonyx. "Not sure how much they would like a day in the wrestling ring, but I'm also not sure how well I'd take to the lights of a rave at the moment." Her smile remained as she picked a lighter maple cue, though there was a slight tension in the way she shared the last bit. "Maybe we could go with surfboard Yoga." Her eyes turned to Guru as he racked up. "And yeah, I've played a game or two. We had a table in the commons."

Vulture cocked her head at Aurora. "Want me to break? Trying to assess if I know what I'm doing so you can get an advantage?" she asked as she pulled her red hair back into a ponytail, slipping a hair tie into it to keep it out of the way.

There was a moment where she felt the warmth of the shot moving through her, and remembered she hadn't really drunk anything in the last few years. It was nice, especially to be relaxing with people that might be friends. "As for teams, I don't know. Who wants me?"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Sweet Rave...? Phoenyx's eyes widen slightly, turning to a hint of alarm at Aurora when she encourages the idea.

She points to Vulture's comment. "Yes! Hustled. I believe so." She manages another smile, focusing on the distraction rather than the idea of having to go to a rave. The last nightclub she went to ended with her fleeing an abyssal entity - it had left a mark.

"I've been in a ring before," she remarks. "I could do that again." The Arrow sound sounded almost keen.

"I think Madison and Josh should be kept separate,"
    She returns the wink with a smile to Aurora. "I will play with Madison. That way I can keep an eye on you," She adds to her friend, smirking.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

8. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru couldn't help but be all smiles, moments like this was what made life special. There was a magic in that too, a few drinks, a few laughs, and suddenly time just seemed to slip away from you. Then his scatterbrained mind shifted immediately to explaining the neurochemical response that created that sensation. Then wondered if he could synthesize something that could stimulate those neuroreceptiors and then back to the conversation. "Please I was dead weight." He said with a laugh.

Returning Madison's smirk with one of his own weight shifting to the back of his feet. "Yea, we'll see if luck is still on your side." Waving a dismissive hand and scrunching is face up as she dissed his dancing. "Man...you can't even tell in the dark." He laughed again before interjecting quickly. "Hey I did a little BJJ." He probably even had a tapout shirt buried somewhere, that had been a strange six months. "If a rave doesn't work I can find the dingiest, underground hardcore show I can find. I think you'd appreciate a good pit."

"That's fair." He agreed with Alice before turning to Dee. "Seems like it's you and me, remember I want a good, clean game. Now show those balls who's boss. Woo!" Guru couldn't help but get excited and be the de facto hype man. Making sure to get his cue so he'd be ready for when it was his turn,

Remember it's Int+Dex Team with the most successes wins!

10. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes widen in mock shock, “Hustled? She certainly did not.” She protests, but with a smirk.

“Wrestling?”
    a pause, “Never really done it in a ring, but I’d be game. Life’s too short not to try everything at least once, and twice to make sure.” Would she suck at it? Probably. But as a Life Master, she could give herself the upper hand if need be. "But are we talking regular wrestling, or something else?"

Snorting as she laughed, “I don’t need advantage. I simply hit the balls and hope they go where they’re suppose to.” Plain and simple.

Catching the look, she shrugs, carefully sipping her drink. Trying to look innocent, but failing.
    Then an eye roll, “If I really want to hustle you at pool, I could. But I don’t want to, so I haven’t.” a sigh. The Arrow certainly had it stuck in her head that she had somehow cheated or lied about her abilities. "I usually run hustles differently."

A sly smile as Phoenyx makes the teams, “If you insist. Though something tells me he’ll be easier to distract then you were.” Her voice playful.

Insert eye roll, “You made plenty of shots on your own, you contributed to the win.” But she did play well that night.

“Luck is always on my side. Now, if it’s on my side for pool tonight or for something else remains to be seen.”
    It was true, luck had a way of helping you in one area, then screwing you the next. It was finicky like that. Laughing, “Seriously? The dark is not hiding those moves.” Shaking her head, still laughing.

Grabbing a cue, she walks to the table, leaning over as she lines up her shot. “You didn’t say a fair game.” Says the Shaman with a wink as hair is flipped to the side as she takes aim.

4 successes

12. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Been in my share of pits, don't worry." Vulture said, but her voice sounded light as she slipped off her shoes. The floor wasn't pristine, but she wasn't precious about such things. "Clean game? I don't know if those drinks are going to make that happen, but we can try." Vulture crossed after the Aurora's shot, and sidled up next to the councillor, looking down the cue. "Doesn't have to be in a ring, just on some mats is fine." The shot she took wasn't great but the woman more built for strength and endurance, which was clear from her exposed legs as she leant up on the table, the dress not hiding them. She shrugged to Guru as she slid back down, and moved back to grab her beer.

"BJJ is good fundamentals. The way I fight uses the throws and takedowns from wrestling and judo, striking skills from boxing and Muay Thai, ground fighting from Brazilian jiu-jitsu and sambo, and melee weapons fighting from eskrima and the western martial arts. Alice has seen a bit of it in my training kata." She looked over at her boss. "But we keep honing our bodies, don't we. Got to keep it tight."

1 success

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Head cocked, she looks between Guru and Aurora. "Wrestling? I don't particularly like people getting that close. I have done mixed martial arts before instead."

Finishing her drink, Phoenyx wanders over to Aurora, leaning in close. "I'm teasing you." she says in an overly loud whisper, her smiles growing wider. She seemed very proud of this. "I don't know. Distract how?" Her words were starting to slur a little already, but her eyes widen in realisation as she looks Aurora up and down, remembering the lacy top her friend is wearing. " Oh! Yes! I get it!" She was getting there, slowly.

Removing her jacket, revealing the toned form beneath in a simple black tank top, she goes and collects a cue. Listening to Vulture she nods in agreement. "It's an interesting blend of styles. I haven't seen it that way before. Mine is very traditional. But yes. Tight bodies are best." She leans over the table to take her shot, bopping tiny movements in time with the movement.

2 successes
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

16. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You mean are we doing Grecco Roman or open wrestling. This crowd says it'll be open but not quite MMA." He starred wide eyes, eyes going slightly glossy as Dee's description of the martial art stretched on longer than he thought possible. He blinked, astonished, "That sounds like a lot. Like a lifetime commitment. Respect. I, well, I mostly throw 'bows." He said as he threw his elbows back and forth and began skanking in place while laughing. He nodded to Alice getting a little more serious for a second. "I don't either, but sometimes you eat a fist to the jaw and you have to make do." A shrug then he was back to his care free self.

"Yea, you were more a distraction to Skye that night. Tonight, I have to focus on my partner." He could not stop the shit eating grin that crossed his face as he looked over at Dee, seemed he could be quick when he wasn't high. "Oh please Dee, it's one drink I trust if any of our social circle can handle their drinks its everyone in this room...and maybe Batman."

4 successes

AS the game began and Aurora picked up a nice run making it look like she was just going to run the table and call it a day left an opening for Dee who couldn't quite make up for such a massive deficit to start and Guru just couldn't quite get a run of the table leaving it open for Alice to bring in the kill shot.

"Not hustled, but definitely under representing your talent. So, Mads, you have earned yourself a bonus cinnamon toast crunch shot, now what drink do you actually want?"

18. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Watching as the new Shaman took a shot, “Never been a fighter myself. Alice here tried to teach me some self-defense, and it didn’t go well.” Laughing. “But that wouldn’t stop me from giving a pit, ring or mats a go, who knows, might turn out to be good at it.” A wink. If she altered herself with some Life magic that is.

Then she lists how she knew to fight, and it was quite a list. “I try and stay out of any physical fight. If I have to fight, it’s usually not fair.” Phoenyx can attest to that. “So I’ll be calling you,” a point to Vulture, “if I need someone to beat someone up for me.” Jokes the blonde.

Glancing to Phoenyx, “Then practicing it should be a good thing then? Make sure you can take care of yourself and all that stuff.” You rarely get to choose how to fight.

Leaning towards the Arrow, loudly whispering as well, “Are you sure?” she teases. And then the last horse crosses the finish line and she laughs. The Arrow must have been really fucking sheltered. “Looks like we’re going to have to have a talk about how distractions work.” Her tone playful, not too serious.

She wasn’t doing too bad, but that shot wasn’t going to win them the game. But she wasn’t here to win.

Eyebrows raise as she watches Guru, “Uh…yah.” Smirking as she laughs. Had to give the guy credit, he was carefree, and that was nice.

Blinking, “But what if I wasn’t trying to be a distraction?” certainly not to Skye. But shrugs.

“Oh, seems someone has been practicing.” The Shaman teases as she watches him take a shot. Laughing once again with a shake of her lead, “My talents don’t reside in playing pool. Dancing with fire? Yes. Playing pool?” a shake of her head, “Nope.” She was just lucky and found good shots to take. “Wait, earned?” she asks, “I don’t need to earn shots.” Somewhat serious, somewhat joking. “Now as to what I want?” an innocent shrug, “If I told you that, I’d have to kill you. And you've proven to be too entertaining to kill.” A sly smile as she moves to line up her next shot. Which wasn’t as good as her first, but, that was ok.

2 successes

20. Likes Ruach, liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread