Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Dropping Bodies) Connecting the Dots

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Quote Originally posted by JC Smith:
    He gestured at the still mostly empty meeting area
    Edward enters after Milton, as he had not been present when Simone and JC note no one being present, and again when Jennifer checks the room and remarks on the numbers present.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Following Quinn's invitation, Edward joined the meeting planned by JC's announcement, entering into what appears to be the middle of a discussion. He gave a short bow to Jennifer and greeted the ensemble, repressing rage at the two weaker Beasts revealed in his presence: "a good evening to all. I am here in answer to Priscus Durant's request for assistance."

3. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn had a stack of papers, counting them one more time as she descended the stairs into Elysium. She had a rough sketch of the area in question, known facts about the Jackal like creature, potential spots to hide for an ambush, and a few names of Kine that were appropriate candidates for bait. Ain't no trap without bait. And with that last dark thought in the front of her mind, she joined the gathered Kindred smiling apologetically. She set down the papers and the large map of Sacramento on one of the tables against the wall.

She paused seeing Priscus Hazelton in attendance and gave her a nod of respect, befitting her station as a Kindred of Quality and fellow Priscus. She acknowledged her immediately and first, before moving over to stand with J.C.
    "I apologize for my tardiness Mr. Smith. I ran out of paper of all things. Kinko's was shockingly busy...." It was such a mundane thing to be late over Quinn felt slightly strange due to the reason they were all gathered there. Normalcy playing alongside the nightly Danse. Heh. She gave an acknowledgment to anyone who looked her way, but gave a small smile to Simone, her Cousin. Family was family after all.

"I figured with all the differing accounts, what we have so far should be recorded for a standing account, as well as room for more information to make a master document, that we can submit to Seneschal Hart to keep on file. This could be the beginning of something more after all, and having all of these details down and filed should we need it later could prove invaluable. I also snagged a large map of Sacramento that we can mark up with instances of the creature's work. I figured if we had it all mapped out, maybe it could give us some extra insight." She paused again.

"Mr. Kowalsic will not be joining us this evening, but he has said he would send his Childe in his stead with the information they have from all the crime scenes." She felt extremely thankful for that bit. It was quite big of Mr. Kowalsic.

5. Likes , liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"Apologies for being late, Priscus Durant. Mr. Smith." Miss Kowalsic pauses in the door. A ghoul stands a step behind her, carrying an expensive briefcase.
    The Nosferatu childe wears a black non descript dress of fine material, tailored around a very noticeable hump in her back. She wears a small green fascinator in the style of England tonight. Her Beast is Cloaked.
    The ghoul is a man of 6'3'', Black, and lean in the waist and broad in the shoulders. He wore tailored reinforced suit slightly out of date in gray, with a light green under shirt.

"Good evening, Priscus Durant. Priscus Hazelton." A bow to each Priscus. "Mr. Smith, I found your posting in Elysium to be well done. Mr. Heinrich." A nod to the Daeva. A glance to Alexander, JC, Milton, and Simone. The Nosferatu made nods of her head to each Kindred.

"Mr. Kowalsic has sent me with the information that he collected. If I may join you?"

The ghoul offers an arm as the hunch backed Nosferatu made her laborious and slow way to a love seat and lowered herself down to it carefully. The ghoul moved a small coffee table closer and Miss Kowalsic made a gesture. The ghoul set out a two piles: a piles of autopsy paperwork and one of handwritten notes in delicate caligraphy.

"Mr. Green, if you could assist the Priscus Durant with posting the map, and tend to it for us during the evening." The ghoul moved quietly to stand behind the Priscus Durant, and looks for a place to post the map the Priscus thoughtfully brought.

"I have been observing some areas with Mr. Green and made some notes. I have noticed a beuatiful, gray eyed Kindred whom I am not familiar with, moving in the seedier parts of the Domain. A poacher, I regretfully presume. She seems very vigiliant, as I had to leave Mr. Green behind. She seems to prey on overweight truckers, almost exclusively. I almost thought to speak with Miss Mable is she is known from Miss Mable's patrols. Yet, simply not enough time from documenting the areas where I have not found the Beast. I have checked the area of Florin and the Barrens, and did not see it. Although I did not come on any one feeding, which I think is key.

I did try a lure by feeding in the Barrens, after dropping my Cloak. I noticed a two leg creature begin to follow me when I was leaving the Barrens. I hobbled nearly an hour before losing it with another careful use of Obfuscate. I offer it can not pierce Obfuscate."

7. Likes pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC gritted his teeth while trying not to let the tension in his jaw show. Tense, Relax. He couldn’t kill ALL the late comers. No, he couldn’t assume this was some elaborate prank to make him weak. No, looking weak was not the same as weakness and didn’t warrant attacking everyone who came down the stairs. He couldn’t kill them all. Tense, then relax. Stay calm.

“Yes, Priscus Durant was supposed to meet us here. I’m sure she’ll be here shortly,”
    he replied to Simone. He understood her fear but that didn’t keep the rage from wanting to lash out at her and the late arrivals. Including… “Priscus Durant, glad you’re here.” Along with the rest. All gathered in one place. The easier to kill. Here in Elysium.

“I’ll start again. We are looking to find out more, track, and trap something that has been killing Kindred prey. No,” he nodded to Simone “We are not sure if this a Kindred or some more exotic scavenger. It may feed on Kindred victims because they hold some supernatural nourishment for it, or, as I mentioned before, this could be a political plot of some kind.” He looked to the newly arrived Milton to see if that answered his question.

“We do plan to try and trap it, however, we should hear everyone’s account first, to make sure we have all the information.” Not Northbridge’s fault but having explained this already, JC felt resentful having to do it again.

Jennifer, as always, remained aware and present. Not even the cringe inducing hiss of her voice could make him wish he didn’t have her way of observing a situation and summing it up.

“I’m unfamiliar with the brides,” he admitted as he made room for Quinn “But Priscus Durant has offered her abilities to keep us in silent contact during an ambush. However,” another glance at Quinn “Headsets would be a good idea, even as a backup.” And something that didn’t require line of sight, or mystic hoodoo, or depend on some one not being late or killed ahead of time.

Heinrich’s comment almost got a glare as the beast bolstered the politically savvy. That it had been JC that had put out a call and now it seemed that hadn’t been enough. Edward was answering Priscus Durant’s request. Not his. How much clearer of an insult could there be? How much more of a snub?

JC pushed back. Hard. Parts of him really hated politics. And unfortunately, right now he didn’t have the time to negotiate between them. He apologized to the political animal, promising to come back, but moving on for now.

Finally Miss Kowalsic “Of course you may join. We were expecting you.” So much easier to extend an invitation to someone disgusting than someone that actively sent you into a murderous rage.

“Now,” he said as he took Quinn’s packet “before we start spinning too many plans and theories, we need as much information as possible first.” He emphasize the last part “Everyone, including myself,” because she purposefully hadn’t gotten this to him ahead of time, damn her “Will read the documents provided by Priscus Durant. Feel free to offer ideas, theories, and discussion but lets try to keep it in that order. Get all the information. Give our best guesses on what it is we are dealing with and how to counter it. And finally how to effectively trap it with the best understanding we have.”

In some ways, JC wanted to do it one at a time. Information, then discussion, then ideas for traps. However, it was already late (planned or not). It would make the group harder to manage but in that at least he had help.

“Priscus Durant, could you take notes?”
    the beast relished what it saw as subjugation. In truth, the Gangrel curse was what made such a request needed in the first place. JC was as good at noticing things as he ever was. Not so good at processing them and writing them down since being made a predator.

He took a minute or two to read the documents. Most of what he’d said already was here. “If you have questions about the specifics of my experience and Priscus Durant’s please ask.”

He took a few more minutes to consider “For what I know… What we are dealing with can track either us or our prey. Since, its victims seem limited to a couple Kindred, I would say it can track us,” he indicated himself and Quinn “feeding. And… Miss Kowalsic,” her information was new and he needed time to think about that. Time he didn’t have.

“We can’t be sure if this is an individual or a group. Or if it’s Kindred or not. If it’s Kindred, I’d say we are dealing with a group. Shapeshifting, auspex, obfuscation, celerity. Probably more than one clan. And if it’s a political then we might be dealing with a terrorist cell.” He sighed “But not enough Auspex to pierce obfuscation. But if we’re dealing with more than one jackal it could mean skills have a wider spread.”

“And if it’s not Kindred… I’ve never heard of a Kindred feeding by covering the mouth and nose… then I really don’t know.” It could be anything to his knowledge.

“Traps… Obfuscation has worked at least twice. Attracted an unknown Kindred both times. We… could have both a poacher and the jackal thing.” What would that mean? “We need to be ready to trap more than one individual, from cat size to human.”
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

9. Likes , liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable stood quietly outside the entrance for a few minutes. She was already told by the Prince there wasn't an issue. Basically it was a one off. What if this was a sick joke being played on her. Well if it was she would just calmly walk away.

She entered where the others were meeting. Quietly, but her beast would alert all she was there. She took a moment to let the anger wash over her. then calmly joined the others. "Sorry, I'm late. I wasn't sure I was going to join in." She said quietly with a grim look on her face.

11. Likes , pisces liked this post

Giant
    Mask of Tranquility
    Alexander Moore

NOS
    PRE

Much of what was said Alexander had already heard, and some of it he had inferred without giving it much thought beyond trying to ignore it. Now as more members of the Domain entered the room he began to think that perhaps he should have been paying more attention, it made him wonder how many of his meals had hosted another, more ravenous visitor after his departure.

“I hope you don’t mind if I stand” His voice croaked out, strained by the stress of his Beast against his strained throat. He stood to the right of Jennifer Hazelton’s seat, his left hand lightly touching the back of it, to reassure his own balance as much as to remind the room of his loyalty, as meaningless as clans were in this situation.

Bows and nods were provided to those who entered, depending on their station within the Domain, yet they were given distractedly as Alexander agonized over his position. He had so little to add, so little to give that he was stuck, looming over the gathering, his dark, sunken eyes peering up at the ceiling. Allowing for a lull in the arrivals and the introductions, Alexander brought his hands behind his back and leaned forward, in an attempt to garner some small attention and to possibly reduce his profile.

“I have a great amount of experience in the medical field, regrettably not so much as learning of what caused any wounds as for healing them, but if my expertise can be used in any way to aid in the investigation or the ambush then I am willing to give it.”

Curse: Incredibly tall and emaciated, their skin is stretched over their large and bulky frame, with long limbs and a strangely shaped head.

13. Likes , pisces liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Jennifer's greeting is returned in the form of a bow, which is repeated when Quinn appears. Other than that, Milton listens in silence. It is clear that he is absorbing the details offered. When there is a moment, he will grab a copy of the report produced by Quinn and read it over.

Not enough information...Not enough information...

Finally, he speaks up: "I concur with Priscus Hazelton. The order of the day," or night as it were, "is organization and delegation. If the plan is to set a trap for this thing," or things, "it makes sense to prioritize stealth and martial abilities, dividing them up into separate teams. Given the patterns at work here, and the previous efficacy of drawing the target in using wounded prey, another trap, with superior numbers and careful planning, seems like a good first option." He pauses, offering the Kindred a rueful smile, "Unfortunately, I am neither a spy nor a solider." Just look at him.

"However, should you take a...subject into custody, I have some practice...extracting information," he says, almost apologetically. He does not detail his methods, but Milton is Ventrue. The others should be able to deduce."I would be happy to interview the creature, Kindred or otherwise, upon its apprehension. I'm certain I can produce further information if I am given sufficient time and a quiet location." His Beast hisses its pleasure at the very thought.

"Other than that, I can lend financial assistance as necessary, as well as access to my contacts at city hall or in the business community if required." Milton looks among the gathered Kindred, gauging their reaction to his offer.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

15. Likes , pisces liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Mr Heinrich. Madame Wood." A nod befitting each ​acknowledged kindred of the domain.
    As Mr.Northbridge greets her, he gets the same nod.

"To reiterate, we need to share our experiences with this Jackal, the creature who kills kindreds mortal meals.

I have brought paper- if you have had your feeding victims killed or tampered with, write your experience legibly and tell us of the encounter verbally. I can have these copied and adhered to Priscus Durant's report."

Jennifer sent blank sheets of paper and pens to the kindred closest on her right, to take one and pass along.

"Now Madam Wood, here is your summary of what Mr. Smith and Priscus Wood have told us so far."
    The sheet Quinn had brought was handed to Mabel.

"Both Mr. Smith and Priscus Durant have had their meals killed. Priscus Wood has detailed the accounts in the paper I handed you."

She looks to Alexander, then glances to Milton.
    "I agree with the sharing of proficiency and skills. Mr. Moore, having someone with training in medicine could be vital.

Mr. Northbridge, it is possible for you to negotiate with obstacles in the form of kine we may run across? I've heard of your Family's Discipline.
    On that track, Mr. Heinrich, could you assist in the same vein? Do either of you or Mr. Moore, have abilities to move quietly or stay unseen?"

She didn't expect it, but she made no assumptions. No one would assume that she knows some of the disciplines that she does.
    " I ask because splitting into teams worked well in the last investigation. Likely easier for a small group to recon, and another group waiting to support with their specialty should it come up. Or to come assist should things go sideways.

I have some skill in investigation, specifically crime scenes. I am proficient in moving quietly and do have skill in Obfuscate. I have some small skill in Auspex.
    If between a rock and a hard place, I have some ability to negotiate with kine."

She wouldn't outright say that discipline unless they needed to know.
    Last edited by Seryna; Mar 23rd, 2021 at 09:36 PM.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

17. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward nods to each of the three additional entrants. He was glad to have joined, the amount of strength gathered seemed excessive to him, but that only meant he could see more of the domain in action.

Edward had absolutely no idea what Milton's Family Discipline was, but from context, Edward was sure he'd do fine.
    "Only in regards to the former, Priscus Hazleton. I would be pleased to assist with Kine or with battle." Which meant he'd almost certainly be assigned to fight the thing. Looking over the group, the only Kindred he'd put money on in a fight was Mable, and that was only due to Beast and Clan.

19. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread