Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn watched J.C a moment, and grinned. "Here we are discussing carpentry, with no mention at all that if you had long hair you would look like a baby faced Jesus." She made a mental note immediately to buy J.C a Jesus costume with either a wig or offer to go all in on hair extensions for Halloween. You have to embrace your inner weirdo sometimes.

"I think that we should learn. I mean, why not? That's the crazy thing about Eternity. Loads of time to fill. Besides the alternative is dealing with crews of Kine milling about in here, and I just....despise the idea."

She was really curious about psych books. I mean she took psych 101, but that was so broad and general it wasn't helpful. She wondered if it would also help with the primer she was working on. It had been her dream for a long time to refine a curriculum for childer Mehket. It was why she wanted to take up drawing, and see if her insights over time with Auspex could be used as diagram examples. Almost like a field guide of sorts.

Quinn didn't press it to hard, she simply nodded. After all, they had to see how things worked out. It was hard going with Kindred to build blocks of real trust. Sure....she could press J.C in a manner of speaking, but after the deluge she had experienced from Edward's mind, she was loath to relive the experience. She went in for a penny and came out with a pound. It had felt like she had taken au de Edward and dumped it over her head.

"Yeah, but it means more bullshit for us to deal with as a Court. Also, the First Estate isn't exactly beloved by most. I respect their commitment to Tradition and the Masquerade, but they couldn't be more pompous about it if they tried." How many times had First Estate cities got heaps of trouble just because someone was a hater? So many she had lost count over the years.

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC gave a small chuckle. “I’ll let the Lance know I’m available for the next Passion play they put on.” Did the Lancea do Passion plays? Now that he thought about it, hopefully not. He really would rather not get roped into reenacting a crucifixion in a Kindred production where the director might want nails actually hammered through the hands (for realism).

“Yeah,” JC said with a sigh “Loads of time and still not enough to do everything,” he mentioned a bit ruefully. Not just because it felt everyday he felt further behind but he knew that falling into torpor could wipe anything you learned from your mind with nightmares.

“Maybe,” he admitted “Just because it’s a bad idea doesn’t mean people won’t try it.” Even if they hated the First Estate, it would be a lot more than that to rise in defense if the Prince and her allies called. Hell, Twist would probably be enough. You didn’t get the reputation she had among the Invictus by being a young and powerless.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

3. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You are braver than I am." She mock shuddered. "I cannot imagine being drawn in to any of the Lance's theatrics. I wasn't a fan of organized religion when I was alive, and not much has changed since. I acknowledge there are much more powerful beings than us out there, but to think they give a shit about what we are up to is a little much for me to swallow. Sharks don't give a fuck about the minnows."

She watched him a moment. "You feel it to then? As the world warms, the days grow longer and the nights shorter?" She nodded in response. "I feel it too, J.C. We will persevere, don't you worry about that. I am very organized, and if you should need assistance with anything, you can knock on my door anytime."

She laughed a little and nodded her head. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." She nodded slightly, and moved past him into the hallway. "Well, I think I will retire to my room for the evening. Good Night J.C." She would leave him to his own evening. For her part music played in Quinn's room soon after she shut the door.

We are down to the wire on the post, but thank you so much for the scene, it was great. I will close tomorrow, in case you want to post anything else!

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"I'm not generally either," JC admitted when it came to organized religion "But it helps some people find meaning." AA was around for a reason, though JC was always made sure to let clients there were other programs out there that didn't feel as religious. And while he had to admit maybe there was more out there than he would have thought while mortal, he didn't quite agree with her statement. Humans proved you could care about things less powerful than you (and the reverse held true). What was lacking, more often than not, was understanding between the two.

JC gave a soft agreeable smile. Not exactly what he meant, but there was that too. If there was one thing vampirism cured when it came to mental illness, it was insomnia. The summer days could leech away at the ability for any Kindred to interact with the mortal world in some semblance of normalcy. He sighed "Yeah, not looking forward to that."

He nodded when she asked to be left alone. He continued to look into Dirt Nap's room for a few seconds after she left.

"Good night, Quinn," he replied softly and then went to his own room to be alone.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

6. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread