DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward arrived early in all black. After arranging a meeting through the Prince's Ghoul, he was ready to give his report on the Breach to the Prince and request judgment.

He had sent both Mable Wood and Twist a text of the timing. But ultimately waited for either the appointed time to arrive or for someone to fetch him.

OOC: I assume Milton and Jacque are in a meeting room and therefore out of sight, but if I misread and they are in view:

Prompted by the Beast's desire to rip Milton into pieces, Edward gave a glance to the two Lords playing chess and nodded to each. Edward chose a seat at a distance to wait in: he wasn't here to socialize or spy.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable watched from a distance as Edward went into the building. She watched for Twist but then decided maybe she was already there. She then entered and saw Edward sitting at a distance waiting. She sat down next to him. Beast wanted to devour him. Just a little taste, it won't hurt a bit. Then she stopped herself and took a slow unnecessary breath. As she breathed out she shoved beast back into a corner.

"Hi. I got your text." She crossed her long bare legs and folded her hands into her lap. She was wearing a black dress and high heals.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No, you hadn't," he pondered if the checking in was a symptom of a long sleep or simply Milton's way of testing for attention to detail. "She is also a Kindred of Quality. I'm delighted that you have taken time to converse with her. Considering your delivery, I assume that you did not follow your Sire's footsteps?"

"It is noted, Mister Northbridge." Ambition was never a bad thing. Neither are setting and communicating goals. "It is an option that has been quite some time in the works. Soon, hopefully."

He pondered Milton's words as he focused his gaze back on the board. Whip had been his responsibility for years but it was only a matter of time before a new one would be needed. "How so?" he asked of his cousin. An opening. "How would you be successful with those duties?" Not toned to express doubt in him, but instead curiosity for Milton's understanding of what the role required. He slid his queen and positioned aggressively, "Check."

An ear perked and his eyes glanced out to the main area at the sound of Mable. Fear. Anger. The beast riled, unsated by the game. Catching eyes with Edward he nodded, suppressing the beast. He returned his gaze to Milton, waiting for him to provide his answer, should he wish to do so.

8 successes, 4th roll, 12 total

As far as I'm aware there wouldn't be any expectation of privacy at this location, so the two groups would be able to hear each other.

Blood Hunt:

4. Likes , Endymion liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Indeed she is," Milton replies with an appreciative smile. "I had to thank her again for her intervention during my first court." As would be expected, Milton does not look pleased by that memory. "Her conversation is polite, intelligent, and eloquent." He glances at the board again, trying to stop thinking about his unfortunate introduction. Back to Jacque: "It appears she and I will have the chance to speak again, which I greatly anticipate."

Milton sits back when Jacque asks after his position vis-à-vis the First Estate. The topic is fraught with feelings of inadequacy, jealousy, and loss. But his sire is gone now and Milton is free to choose whether he will, indeed, follow in the footsteps of Elias Northbridge (if and when he feels ready). "My sire was Elias Northbridge, and old Blood," a tip of his head in respect to the dead, "relatively speaking of course." With them, words like 'old' are always relative. "He was a proud and committed member of the First Estate, but he had some very...individual ideas about entry into the organization. For him, maturity in the Requiem was paramount. And for a creature of his age, the age of consent, as it were, might be measured in multiples of fifty at least."

Milton pauses, looking thoughtful. And feeling annoyed. "In any event, I always assumed that I would follow his lead, but never knew how or when that might happen. For the most part, I was held at arm's length from covenant events and business. Obviously, with his...loss that assumption was disturbed." A charitable way to say things were fucked. "As I told Priscus Hazelton, I cannot quite escape the question of maturity that was of such great importance to him." Milton also spends hours wondering if it had all been bullshit: perhaps Elias did not believe his Childe had the makings of a Kindred of Quality; perhaps he'd only been using Milton to mind his books. Dark thoughts indeed.

Milton leans forward again when Jacque questions him concerning the position of Whip. An opening. "My understanding of the duties of Whip mirror its use in mortal politics: to ensure the unity of the clan in matters of public opinion and presentation. Now, I am not the most...inspiring of figures. I know this," Milton holds up his hands above the table, as if to say 'See, empty,' before they return to his lap. "But I am a competent administrator, meticulous in my affairs; I am well spoken, convincing even, and I know how to negotiate delicate matters," and tactfully threaten.

Milton watches the developments on the board with dismay. "Some Whips might bully, bluster, and coerce." Milton eyes Jacque closely, "Forgive me if I am incorrect, but that approach does not appear to be commensurate with your own managerial style. I believe I would be much more in line with your own disposition: quiet, considerate, intelligent, and relentless. Willing to do the hard work of building consensus, rather than forcing the matter with open threats. Willing, also, to find the right...leverage to ensure that the consensus remains in place."

Check. A look of shock flashes across Milton's face at Jacque's sudden coup. He quickly composes himself, offering Jacque that bland smile. "Masterful, Priscus," he says, obviously impressed, if surprised. "Quite masterful." But the game is not done yet. Milton interposes his rook and goes on the defensive, trying to figure out a way to extricate himself from sudden peril.

But, they are no longer alone. His gaze follows Jacque's own and Milton is gripped by the fear and anger of his Beast. Its serpentine coils tighten around his undead heart. Hate, terror, and pressure. Still, he fights through the internal assault and follows his Priscus' lead, offering nods of acknowledgement to Mable and Edward (the latter begrudgingly) before returning his attention to the game.

2 successes, fourth roll; 5 successes total
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

It wasn't a full Court but still Twist paused, not at the coat check of course, but just prior to the main entrance. She knew that Edward Heinrich , Mable Wood and the Prince at least would be in attendance and to all three her Beast would react.

As she held it in check she moved in, her dark eyes seeking out any of the three.

Surprisingly, there were more though. Her Beast snarled against the one that looked passingly familiar, likely he had been at formal court, but ignored the presence of Jacque . Nodding in brief greeting to her Covenant mate, she spotted past them two of the three she sought and moved to join them. To both she offered again, a small nod of greeting, slightly less than that offered the Priscus of Lords but still respectful of one being clan mate and the other a long standing member of the domain.

Sorry! The tag didn't pop up right away!
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The office door opens to a formidable looking man, who walks into the gathering area, motioning to Edward with a nod. After all, it had been Edward who had reached out. The other Kindred weren’t acknowledged, as he wasn’t there to speak with them.

Leading the three to the office, he knocks on the door, then opens it and walks in.

Moving the meeting into Ale's office
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Even repressed, the Beast made its protest in subtle ways; today it was Edward's neck stiffening as he gazed upon a stronger predator. Deer in the headlights while the man brushed the instinct to flee or free aside.

"Good evening," Edward smiled at Mable, eyes high, the dress suited her, and when she crossed her legs, Edward enjoyed the alluring view from the corner of his eye.

"Thank you for coming." He would have been more than a little anxious to be alone with Twist and Alessandra. "It will be good to finally wash our hands of this affair."

And Twist arrived. Edward stood and bowed, "good evening, your Grace."

But there was no time for anything beyond an exchange of greetings, as a man whom Edward assumed to be the Prince's ghoul appeared. Edward followed his lead into the Prince's office.
    Edward continues here

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

She gave a nod of respect to Jack and then a nod of acknowledgement to Milton.

Mable gave a sweet smile when she realized Edward was studying her out of the corner of his eye. It made her girly side very happy to be noticed. "Yes. It will be good."

Mable stood and gave a deep bow to Twist when she enter. "Good Evening, Priscus Twist." Mable's head ran through all the names she could address Twist as and determined Priscus felt right. She knew Twist would correct her if she was wrong, but also would recognize she was trying.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Catching the gesture of Twist, he returned the acknowledgement and gave her his attention for the brief time she desired it.

"There are many schools of thought regarding that prerequisite," he shrugged his shoulders as the other parties dispersed deeper into Elysia. "There are many nuances you have to learn and even more pitfalls with internal decorum. Age is but one way to avoid displeasure as such mistakes not only damage the offender, but their sponsor as well." He considers another thought, before idly dismissing it in favor of returning to the game. There was clearly more that Jacque could have added, but there are also fine line of decorum regarding those whom's requiems had ended.

Instead, he opted for the vague question, "Did they spend any time with you covering the decorum?"

Listening carefully, the Lord's eyes focused on the board as Milton covered his points on the topic of Whip... only breaking the concentration with small grins as he tactfully injected compliments. It was an excellent overview. Jacque carefully considered the words. Perhaps for a moment he even sought to challenge them, but alas he refrained, "I will certainly consider your viewpoints should the need for a Whip arise. In the meanwhile, what you do here in Sacramento will be the best aide to your future candidacy."

Taking the edge off the aggressive play, he followed up by maneuvering a pawn.

1 success, 5th roll, 13 total

Blood Hunt:

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Twist's arrival does not disturb Milton's Beast, but her station within the domain is warning enough for Milton. A Kindred of that standing is always dangerous. Accordingly, he lowers his head in deference as she passes through Elysium. Once her back is to them, his eyes follow her transit until the three kindred have disappeared into the darker recesses of the club. He does not pass comment on their arrival or departure. Instead, he returns his attention to the game.

"Of that, I am sure," there are many schools of thought on many things. Most are not worth the time it takes to think them through. "Unfortunately, his was the only school that I attended." Milton offers Jacque a wry smile. "If I can be quite blunt, Priscus: I was never quite sure of my Sire's intentions on that front, whether he truly meant for me to join the First Estate or..." Milton trails off, letting Jacque fill in the alternative. "For instance, I was only offered enough education to avoid embarrassing myself in what few social interactions I was permitted..." And clearly it was not nearly enough, if his arrival at Court was any evidence. "The finer points of decorum were never made apparent, as I was...not yet ready." There's just a touch of resentment in his voice, but, for Milton, it is quite an emotional display. "I am, however, eager to learn."

Jacque's response to Milton's overture concerning the position of Whip is disappointing. He attempts to cover his feelings with a close examination of the board.

Hide Emotions, 3 successes

Eyes still on the pieces, he replies to his opponent: "I appreciate your consideration, Priscus. I will strive to be worthy of the position, if and when the time should come." Jacque's return to conservative play is noted, and Milton decides to introduce his Queen. The game is not yet done.

"But, we have spent so much time on my own questions, and my own thoughts. I would know more of you, if you are willing to share. For instance, are you native to the city?"

3 successes, fifth roll; 8 successes total
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread